Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 483104 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,436 posts | 1441 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4577: Apr 01, 2023 04:53:50 pm
      Won't be a quick fix. Klopp has enough credibility in the bank to be given the time and money to put it right. But it's going to take a huge chunk of change to put it right. And there's no guarantee he'll get it right first time.

T'other issue is he to one dimensional tactically. Attacking coach or one trick pony. Can set a team up to attack and motivate them to great heights - but when it goes wrong, doesn't, on the face of it, have the flexibility or tactical thought to come up with the right game plan.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,639 posts | 131 
      Reply #4578: Apr 01, 2023 06:01:46 pm
      Klopp and this team have run its course. We need to rebuild a new team this much is obvious. So you can either do it with Klopp or pick some else. However finding a new manager to do a project job is also not an easy task. So keep Klopp and let him do his thing again! 

For whatever reason the players have no desire anymore to work hard every single game and fulfill the very basics, or they want to do it and are simple not capable anymore. In aby case everything else like team selection, tactics and formation won’t matter if the players are not bothered to do their job or not able anymore to compete at the top level.

Klopp needs new personnel that challenge the likes of TAA, Virgil and Salah just to name a few.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #4579: Apr 01, 2023 06:11:26 pm
      Klopp came in and built a squad that won everything possible and he will do it again.
      Let’s end the season as best  can and then watch the rebuilding job in the summer. I would not be surprised to see at least one trophy in the cabinet at the end of next season.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #4580: Apr 01, 2023 10:00:54 pm
      This team will be hungry next season and if we miss CL we might be fresh enough to run down the PL. One or two quality signings will make a huge difference. Jürgen has earned some deep trust.
      Harrisimo

• 8,436 posts | 1441 
      Reply #4581: Apr 01, 2023 10:57:36 pm
      This team will be hungry next season and if we miss CL we might be fresh enough to run down the PL. One or two quality signings will make a huge difference. Jürgen has earned some deep trust.

Well it's not a question of "next season"....it's away to Chelsea..that's when the team have to stand up and be counted. This season is not over, it will be over when the whistle blows at the end of the 38th game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #4582: Apr 01, 2023 10:59:54 pm
      Quote from johnlfcreds2010
      Klopp came in and built a squad that won everything possible and he will do it again.
      Let’s end the season as best  can and then watch the rebuilding job in the summer. I would not be surprised to see at least one trophy in the cabinet at the end of next season.

What rebuilding job? What makes you think FSG will give him the funds to do it? It will be the usual 2-3 new player, penny pinching conjob that they come up with. Then of course, he'll get the responsibility when it all goes haywire. A rebuild is a 3-4 year long slog, and some fans are waiting to turn on him already. Losing Diaz has been a terrible loss.

Emotionally, we as fans don't help ourselves. We invest so much into the run in of seasons such as last one, that it takes a while for some to understand that regardless how it ends up, it's back to 0 points and we go again the following August. But if the players want to win things here, then playing 60 game long seasons is normal, not exceptional. If they put the effort in, then they stand a chance of having another parade at the end of it. If they don't, they won't.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,492 posts | 826 
      Reply #4583: Apr 01, 2023 11:12:57 pm
      What rebuilding job? What makes you think FSG will give him the funds to do it? It will be the usual 2-3 new player, penny pinching conjob that they come up with. Then of course, he'll get the responsibility when it all goes haywire. A rebuild is a 3-4 year long slog, and some fans are waiting to turn on him already. Losing Diaz has been a terrible loss.

Emotionally, we as fans don't help ourselves. We invest so much into the run in of seasons such as last one, that it takes a while for some to understand that regardless how it ends up, it's back to 0 points and we go again the following August. But if the players want to win things here, then playing 60 game long seasons is normal, not exceptional. If they put the effort in, then they stand a chance of having another parade at the end of it. If they don't, they won't.
      They're paid to put effort in for us..not themselves
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #4584: Apr 02, 2023 01:55:41 am
      Ultimately it’s so hard to watch this because we’ve absolutely fallen off a cliff. We were right there. Competing with city all the way. The envy of United arsenal etc and now we’ve been completely overtaken by arsenal ffs. But we sat on our hands, thought we could get away with asking the same players to go again all season long (obviously I’m mainly talking midfielders) and it’s absolutely fu**ed us. We’ve basically played without a functioning midfield all season long. Just think about what an absurd sentence that is. A team has never been more in need of a midfielder than we were in January. But we didn’t get one. Utd lost one midfielder to injury and right at the end of the window got one in.

Issue is… how much of this is on Klopp? From what I hear and read he’s basically running the show behind the scenes. Today we end the game with 2 players on the pitch who are definitely leaving in the summer (for nothing) and surely a 3rd in Milner (although incredibly there’s talk of giving him another year)
      + there’s another in keita. So that’s minimum 3 leaving for nothing in the summer. This doesn’t seem very good planning does it?

We’re in a situation where we need an entire new midfield. Again, what a F***ing ludicrous sentence that is. But it’s true.

The players have been sh*te this season. Their attitude has been pathetic. But the manager has had a shocker too. He’s been completely unable to influence a game positively. Everyone can see time and again a game getting away from us and he hasn’t been able to change it. We constantly look dreadfully set up, constantly start halves asleep. Who’s this on? Players or manager?

Course I don’t want him gone. But it’s a massive summer. We’ve got to do a lot and need to get it pretty much all right.  But there’s also a world where he’s been here a long time, so have most of these players, and the message just isn’t working anymore. Clearly he’s staying, so it’s time to jib this mad loyalty bollocks, sit down with the likes of Henderson and Fabinho and say, look next season you might start some games, against whichever sh*te stays up for example, but you are no longer playing every week. You’re gonna be on the bench a lot more, and if you don’t like it, you’re free to look elsewhere.

Cos ultimately, I’m taking him over the players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #4585: Apr 02, 2023 01:09:39 pm
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #4586: Apr 02, 2023 04:20:55 pm

Wouldn't of singled any of them 4 out for praise being honest
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4587: Apr 02, 2023 06:24:27 pm

Delusional comments from Klopp. See the pressure is getting to him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,354 posts | 4969 
      Reply #4588: Apr 02, 2023 06:26:51 pm

Gakpo was kind of doing a job first half but yea I wouldn't have been going out of my way to single anyone out for praise after yesterday.

All it needed was " we as a group haven't been good enough and need to improve" or something along those lines.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #4589: Apr 02, 2023 06:32:59 pm
      Every time I watch Bruno G I feel emptiness that he was available and we didn't go for him. Now Newcastle are about to secure top 4 spot. Next season is going to be brutal for us.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #4590: Apr 02, 2023 06:39:06 pm
      Gakpo was kind of doing a job first half but yea I wouldn't have been going out of my way to single anyone out for praise after yesterday.

All it needed was " we as a group haven't been good enough and need to improve" or something along those lines.

Yes he showed a few bright spots turning and running with ball but was few and far between actually thought Jota was better than most but as you say no one comes.out with praise how can they
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4591: Apr 02, 2023 07:05:12 pm
      That's a decent enough point mate and maybe why I've been so up and down with my judgement this season.

At times I've put it down to Jürgen working things out that'll pay off next season but then the next game it's back the to same insipid sh*te.

I'm not saying 'Jürgen out', he's earned the right to go again next season and then some.

What I'm saying that I have doubts. I think he may well even have doubts.

I think the players are possibly not hearing him anymore.

We won’t get any better if we have to rely on the same midfield each and every week, a midfield void of pressing, controlling the pace and the breaking down of potential attacks, we don’t have the legs anymore to work the system the team was built for, add the fractious back four and it’s easy to see why we’re so easy to beat,
      If Jürgen can bring in those legs and reinforce the back four we’ll see a completely different animal, and one that will allow Jürgen the time to ‘turn things around’, we’re sound up top, our defence is only half as good as it should be and our midfield is basically fu**ed,

Address those issues this summer Jürgen will have both us and his players believing again, I have absolutely no doubt at all, we all know why we are where we’re at, and without the obvious lack of investment Jürgen’s hands are tied, however he has to be held part responsible for some of his decisions of late, the buck stops with him,  I’m sure even he himself will admit mistakes have been made,

The players have a responsibility too, Jürgen can’t control on field decisions that lead to goal threats, or just simple schools boy errors we shouldn’t be seen from professional players, you can forgive the odd one now and then but when it becomes almost regular, players lose confidence in each other and the trust built up soon disintegrate’s rapidly,

FSG know they have to dig deep this summer, perhaps deeper than they have ever dug before, whether they do or not will give us a truer reflection about their ambitions/commitment for us going forward, for me we’ve reached a crossroads and it’s up to the owners which direction we go next ??
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #4592: Apr 03, 2023 11:12:04 am
      I don't want him sacked, but if we lose to both Chelsea and Arsenal. I think his job is going to be in a serious danger.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #4593: Apr 03, 2023 12:04:35 pm
      I'd use 4-2-3-1 tomorrow night:

Alisson

Milner - Konaté - VVD - Robertson

Hendo - Fabinho

TAA --  Gakpo --  Jota

Salah
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #4594: Apr 03, 2023 12:59:04 pm
      I dont remember the last time I switched off the television with 20 mins to go in a LFC game. All the gains made in the last 6-7 years have been lost due to 1-2 seasons of stinginess. We are playing like Brendan Rodger's team that lost 6-1 to Stoke City. We just sleep walked in to this mess.

We survived the last 2 seasons because Barcelona happened. I believe that City winning the title in the 80th minute last season may have really taken a huge toll on the players. Had we won at least one of the PL or CL, we might have been a different team with the same set of players this season. And, losing titles 3-4 times by 1 point despite getting > 90 pts can become difficult to digest unless there are fresh legs/minds to liven up things.
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2023 01:10:41 pm by redindian »
      Harrisimo

• 8,436 posts | 1441 
      Reply #4595: Apr 03, 2023 12:59:20 pm
      Never a good idea to call out players in the media. Everybody knows it was a sh*te performance all round and we have to include Klopp himself in that call.

Got Chelsea next and they are in disarray, nothing unusual about that. If we repeat the City debacle and they produce their normal 'snowflakery', it could end up with the Ref warning both teams that if they don't do something...'I'll score a feckin' goal'..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #4596: Apr 03, 2023 02:46:52 pm
      I don't want him sacked, but if we lose to both Chelsea and Arsenal. I think his job is going to be in a serious danger.

His job won’t be in danger
      glennusmc

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #4597: Apr 03, 2023 06:25:36 pm
      Klopp is the man for the job, he is the man for the rebuild. But, he is not innocent of this recent collapse as well. Poor strategy in games,
      Poor substitutions. Even the best get it wrong.
      Still, the success he has brought, he  absolutely deserves another go at bringing us back to the top again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #4598: Apr 03, 2023 06:41:05 pm

Every other Prem club, top teams in Europe and the German national team will be hoping so!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,314 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4599: Apr 03, 2023 08:02:07 pm

Not a chance, it’s very very safe.

Quick Reply