Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 452114 times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5704: Apr 18, 2024 11:00:45 pm
      Ideally the new manager should be managing the club right now, it gives him time to settle in the club and plan for the next summer.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #5705: Apr 18, 2024 11:02:27 pm
      Ideally the new manager should be managing the club right now, it gives him time to settle in the club and plan for the next summer.
      Have you not an ounce of decency in you?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Reply #5706: Apr 18, 2024 11:07:03 pm
      Have you not an ounce of decency in you?

Nothing I said was controversial. Klopp is not a Liverpool manager next season and I would rather see our new manager work early and plan for the next summer.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 864 posts | 170 
      Reply #5707: Apr 18, 2024 11:09:59 pm

What do you mean right now, as in for the last 6 games of the league? Do you not think that'd be a bit......weird?

Do we not have a pre-season before the season starts or something where the new guy can do exactly that?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #5708: Apr 18, 2024 11:10:29 pm
      I really really wished Klopp was going to stay and was re-energised to build the next version of his swashbuckling side that would swot teams aside we have seen in seasons go by. However and I might get stick by some, that maybe it’s the right thing we get some fresh new ideas.

It just feels that over the last 24 months we have lost our way and I’m not even sure what our playing style is anymore.
      Recruitment has been a bit of a mess.
      Tactics have been very one eyed, who in their right mind would play Gomez in the inverted role, asking a player who can barely pass to create!

There has been long stretches this season not just tonight where we have looked like a bunch of talented individuals rather than a te@m.
      Klopp looks exhausted and flat, and it seems the pressure of chasing the cheats has taken its toll.

It seems light years ago that we would come flying out of the traps and blow teams away, it’s almost 2 years now of slow insipid starts despite various tactical changes and tweaks.
      The pressing looks half hearted and disorganised, the counter attack just isn’t convincing.

The whole coaching team have to take responsibility but playing Endo against teams who you know will target his lack of mobility, playing Mac as a deep player is a waste of his talent and not really sure of Dom’s role in the team apart from supply some fresh legs in a otherwise slow midfield.
      Not sure what Grav or Gakpo bring to the team.

We have slowly moved away from what made us so identifiable under Klopp but still can’t work out why.
      When Jürgen was at his zenith...he was all energy and he also had a better squad of players, and those players were all energy...Those players aged and moved on and the Klopp 2 project has proven a harder task than first envisioned...we've hit and missed in recruitment ...and the boss is completely mentally drained.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #5709: Apr 18, 2024 11:14:10 pm
      Nothing I said was controversial. Klopp is not a Liverpool manager next season and I would rather see our new manager work early and plan for the next summer.
      So you think this man, after everything he's given us should quit with 6 games to go?....or do you think FSG should perhaps fire him tomorrow...Even if there was someone lined up to take his place (Which there isn't)...Your suggestion is devoid of any merit.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5710: Apr 18, 2024 11:48:20 pm
      This is what I'll remember Klopp for

https://twitter.com/i/status/1780907095832818164
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Reply #5711: Apr 18, 2024 11:56:17 pm
      So you think this man, after everything he's given us should quit with 6 games to go?....or do you think FSG should perhaps fire him tomorrow...Even if there was someone lined up to take his place (Which there isn't)...Your suggestion is devoid of any merit.

He literally said in a quote " [Miguel Delaney] Klopp: “The Premier League is the most intense league, definitely. Without me saying it, maybe someone writes an article about it tomorrow. It’s tricky. But, thank god, not my problem any more.”

So yeah if he thinks like that. I'd rather see the new manager signed and settled already and Klopp can take his well earned vacation.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5712: Apr 19, 2024 07:11:24 am
      When Jürgen was at his zenith...he was all energy and he also had a better squad of players, and those players were all energy...Those players aged and moved on and the Klopp 2 project has proven a harder task than first envisioned...we've hit and missed in recruitment ...and the boss is completely mentally drained.

Yeah I think if Jürgen genuinely thought we were on the brink of a golden period with this team he would have stayed and finished the job.

Deep down he knows this squad isn't there yet and that the recruitment of the last two to three years has been far inferior to the recruitment of his first two to three years. We still need a significant refresh to get back where we were.

Just a shame that this is how it's ending with both players and manager seemingly going through the motions drained of all energy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5713: Apr 19, 2024 07:20:36 am

If we were languishing mid table you might have a valid argument.....to step down or be let go now with 6 games to go.2 points from top would be insanity
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #5714: Apr 19, 2024 07:21:51 am

Think you're living in la la land with that one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5715: Apr 19, 2024 07:57:51 am
      His final European game as boss

He deserved much better then that from the lads

Hell of a joutney. Obviously winning the European cup was the highlight but some of the stuff in between

3 champions league finals
      City games
      The Barce game
      Europa final
      Dortmund

Epic journey. Thanks Jürgen
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5716: Apr 19, 2024 08:21:47 am

How clueless can one poster be

You really do abuse people’s rights to be stupid at times
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Reply #5717: Apr 19, 2024 08:49:49 am

How clueless can one poster be

You really do abuse people’s rights to be stupid at times

It's so aggrevating  watching him sitting there laughing and enjoying himself when the club is playing like a league one side and putting embarrassing performances after passing it around the back for 45 min straight when we needed goals to advance.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5718: Apr 19, 2024 08:51:48 am

It's so aggrevating  watching him sitting there laughing and enjoying himself when the club is playing like a league one side and putting embarrassing performances after passing it around the back for 45 min straight when we needed goals to advance.

It just shows the sort of fan you are
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5719: Apr 19, 2024 09:12:22 am
      Thanks Boss…

Hope you take a long break, you need it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5720: Apr 19, 2024 09:34:11 am
      Rest up Boss. Go learn how to cook like Ulla wants you too and just recharge yourself.

Guide us to 6 wins on the bounce so we can send you off the way you deserve to be.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5721: Apr 19, 2024 10:06:24 am
      Bit of mud getting thrown in Jürgen's direction - but no matter what happens this season, his legacy is secure - will miss him hugely.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #5722: Apr 19, 2024 10:07:21 am
      In fairness Jürgen Klopp has guided the club to the title, a Champion's league victory as well as the FA cup and League during his tenure as manager.

It is unfortunate things have turned out the way they have, all I can say is thanks Jürgen enjoy the rest of your future with Ulla, recharge your batteries, by taking a well earned break from the game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #5723: Apr 19, 2024 10:12:08 am
      Bit of mud getting thrown in Jürgen's direction - but no matter what happens this season, his legacy is secure - will miss him hugely.

Definitely.

I seen someone mentioned above about us not really having a style and that's something I agree with.

Since Mane etc left we have struggled to develop a style that you could definitely say was ours, and maybe just maybe a fresh pair of eyes and thinking is exactly what this squad needs.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #5724: Apr 19, 2024 10:15:52 am
      Definitely.

I seen someone mentioned above about us not really having a style and that's something I agree with.

Since Mane etc left we have struggled to develop a style that you could definitely say was ours, and maybe just maybe a fresh pair of eyes and thinking is exactly what this squad needs.

On paper you could be right but my feeling is we will experience a big drop off once Jürgen leaves.

Got some big players coming towards the ends of their LFC careers.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #5725: Apr 19, 2024 10:19:31 am
      Jürgen has become a dead horse. He has no leverage anymore because anybody at Liverpool looks already to next season. Cant say though  it was a mistake to come out with retirement-announcement early. Just didnt work out. Also the many injuries may play a subtle and indirect role in why we play that bad now.

Jürgen did great but it is tragic he did not get the funds to go toe-to-toe with City. If FSG was not a greedy club of c*nts he‘d have 3-4 major titles, putting him right along our greatest managers. As it stands he will be somewhere in no-man‘s land between Paisley & Co. and Rafa. He deserved better and I still hope he might come back to us in 1-2 years.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5726: Apr 19, 2024 10:20:48 am

It’s very easy for some people that have zero emotional connection to the club to sling mud

Quick Reply