Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 452755 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5727: Apr 19, 2024 10:28:57 am
      Definitely.

I seen someone mentioned above about us not really having a style and that's something I agree with.

Since Mane etc left we have struggled to develop a style that you could definitely say was ours, and maybe just maybe a fresh pair of eyes and thinking is exactly what this squad needs.

For me how we setup and try to play hasn't changed much, apart from the RB moving in/centrally role, still 4-3-3, still try to press, and focus on attack, sometimes to the expense of being solid at the back, with the players that have come in maybe we're not playing it as well as we once did at our best, but when I look back at the start of the season, we've exceeded expectations given we essentially have a new midfield.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5728: Apr 19, 2024 10:31:43 am
      It’s very easy for some people that have zero emotional connection to the club to sling mud

Think once the dust settles on the season, and we are at Jurgens final game, and we reflect on his time here, and realise it's over, the reality of how lucky we have been to have him here will hit home.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5729: Apr 19, 2024 10:35:46 am
      Think once the dust settles on the season, and we are at Jurgens final game, and we reflect on his time here, and realise it's over, the reality of how lucky we have been to have him here will hit home.

Very lucky - the man embodies the club

He just gets us , and it’s why he has poured his heart into the club

The disrespect he is getting from some right now is a disgrace
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #5730: Apr 19, 2024 11:04:00 am
      I really really wished Klopp was going to stay and was re-energised to build the next version of his swashbuckling side that would swot teams aside we have seen in seasons go by. However and I might get stick by some, that maybe it’s the right thing we get some fresh new ideas.

It just feels that over the last 24 months we have lost our way and I’m not even sure what our playing style is anymore.
      Recruitment has been a bit of a mess.
      Tactics have been very one eyed, who in their right mind would play Gomez in the inverted role, asking a player who can barely pass to create!

There has been long stretches this season not just tonight where we have looked like a bunch of talented individuals rather than a te@m.
      Klopp looks exhausted and flat, and it seems the pressure of chasing the cheats has taken its toll.

It seems light years ago that we would come flying out of the traps and blow teams away, it’s almost 2 years now of slow insipid starts despite various tactical changes and tweaks.
      The pressing looks half hearted and disorganised, the counter attack just isn’t convincing.

The whole coaching team have to take responsibility but playing Endo against teams who you know will target his lack of mobility, playing Mac as a deep player is a waste of his talent and not really sure of Dom’s role in the team apart from supply some fresh legs in a otherwise slow midfield.
      Not sure what Grav or Gakpo bring to the team.

We have slowly moved away from what made us so identifiable under Klopp but still can’t work out why.

I have my reserve on the signings he made post Edwards.

players like Gakpo, Nunez, Sobozslai and Diaz are really not type of players our ex technical director would sign.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 171 
      Reply #5731: Apr 19, 2024 11:05:48 am
      Sometimes you just have to credit the opposition for getting it right but people just seem to think football is a 1 way street when Liverpool's in town and anything other than a win is unthinkable, well guess what? Even the best managers of this generation have come unstuck multiple times and the last few weeks probably won't be the last of Klopp's.

Many have tried and very few have been able to walk away saying they've had the better of him, Gasperini is 1 of very very few who can.

Most important thing is we stay united and stick behind the team....otherwise, well what would be the point in any of this?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #5732: Apr 19, 2024 11:08:47 am

How clueless can one poster be

You really do abuse people’s rights to be stupid at times

still in the hunt for PL.

just hoping that we don't drop points and Arsenal & Man City f*ck up some how
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5733: Apr 19, 2024 11:19:12 am
      Sometimes you just have to credit the opposition for getting it right but people just seem to think football is a 1 way street when Liverpool's in town and anything other than a win is unthinkable, well guess what? Even the best managers of this generation have come unstuck multiple times and the last few weeks probably won't be the last of Klopp's.

Many have tried and very few have been able to walk away saying they've had the better of him, Gasperini is 1 of very very few who can.

Most important thing is we stay united and stick behind the team....otherwise, well what would be the point in any of this?

100%
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5734: Apr 19, 2024 11:19:48 am

Defo.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #5735: Apr 19, 2024 11:41:54 am

I don't think the fanbase feels particularly entitled. The reaction stems from trying to fathom the staggering drop off in form, actually not form, more the results, over this last last month. Our form this season has been inconsistent, but we have managed to dig out decent results...loads of times we've got over the line with opposition managers feeling hard done by. Of course there have been games we played really well when poor decisions have cost us precious points (the Odegaard handball stands out)....
      Jürgen is fried..the guy has aged about 10 years this season. I think no manager in the modern game can keep going at the elite level, there's just too much pressure ...too much football..the days of managers lasting 10/15 years are well gone, the mental stamina needed is too much.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5736: Apr 19, 2024 01:29:03 pm
      Nothing I said was controversial. Klopp is not a Liverpool manager next season and I would rather see our new manager work early and plan for the next summer.

Surely a new manager in now would hinder your chances ( if any ) of winning the league? Just doesn’t make sense to bring anyone in, not forgetting they won’t do a better job than Klopp anyway.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #5737: Apr 19, 2024 01:49:01 pm
      I don't think the fanbase feels particularly entitled. The reaction stems from trying to fathom the staggering drop off in form, actually not form, more the results, over this last last month. Our form this season has been inconsistent, but we have managed to dig out decent results...loads of times we've got over the line with opposition managers feeling hard done by. Of course there have been games we played really well when poor decisions have cost us precious points (the Odegaard handball stands out)....
      Jürgen is fried..the guy has aged about 10 years this season. I think no manager in the modern game can keep going at the elite level, there's just too much pressure ...too much football..the days of managers lasting 10/15 years are well gone, the mental stamina needed is too much.

But has the Boss effectively mentally retired. Didn't seam to be on the line urging his troops into battle. A fired up Jürgen would've been pushing and fighting esp after taking an early lead. Obviously away from home it's not easy to play 'blitz' style play but it was just too tame.

We didn't go down fighting..we went down step by step taking care not to fall.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5738: Apr 19, 2024 02:01:47 pm
      It show how little some respect Klopp , if anyone thinks he has “switched” off or given up and anything of the sort
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Reply #5739: Apr 19, 2024 02:15:54 pm
      It show how little some respect Klopp , if anyone thinks he has “switched” off or given up and anything of the sort
      For me it's not a case of switching off or giving up, rather he's got nothing else to give...the well has run dry..pretty much as he alluded to when announcing his leaving.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,711 posts | 151 
      Reply #5740: Apr 19, 2024 02:16:25 pm
      Surely a new manager in now would hinder your chances ( if any ) of winning the league? Just doesn’t make sense to bring anyone in, not forgetting they won’t do a better job than Klopp anyway.

We are not winning the league. The league was gone after after the Palace game, City won't drop points and we won't win 6 games with 4 of them being away games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #5741: Apr 19, 2024 02:32:18 pm
      It's not a great situation all the way around, the players, the manager, they are all going to be affected by this. I can't remember the last time one of the top teams in the world knew their manager was leaving that far in advance and went on to really tear up the rest of their schedule? Maybe I'm misremembering?

I feel like we are in uncharted water and they are all looking a bit rudderless right now, Klopp included. One could say it's to be expected. Not sure how you would navigate a situation like that. I'm sure Klopp wanted a storybook ending, I'm sure the players did as well, but unfortunately, the teams we play aren't on board with that. And the fewer games we have left, the heavier the weight of Klopp leaving and the change to come is going to be.

I almost think we'd have been better off having the next manager ready to be announced not long afterwards so that there would at least be some sense of continuity and maybe some calm. I guess it can't always work that way.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5742: Apr 19, 2024 02:47:51 pm
      Klopp announced he was leaving months ago , it wasn’t two weeks ago

The announcement has nothing to do with a drop in form , it happens in sport , combination of players dropping form , returning from injuries

The rhetoric months ago was the announcement galvanised the squad and now it’s to the detriment of the squad

It can’t be both
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #5743: Apr 19, 2024 03:17:16 pm
      Klopp announced he was leaving months ago , it wasn’t two weeks ago

The announcement has nothing to do with a drop in form , it happens in sport , combination of players dropping form , returning from injuries

The rhetoric months ago was the announcement galvanised the squad and now it’s to the detriment of the squad

It can’t be both

It absolutely can be both, don't be so obtuse. Things change, pressure changes, people's feelings and emotions change. Nothing exists in a vacuum.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #5744: Apr 19, 2024 03:33:49 pm
      It absolutely can be both, don't be so obtuse. Things change, pressure changes, people's feelings and emotions change. Nothing exists in a vacuum.

Players lose form - it happens all the time , there doesn’t have to be this desire to look for something to blame or point a finger at

They are just playing poorly for 3 games in a season of 50 games
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,548 posts | 1490 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5745: Apr 19, 2024 03:35:51 pm
      Players lose form - it happens all the time , there doesn’t have to be this desire to look for something to blame or point a finger at

They are just playing poorly for 3 games in a season of 50 games
      I agree mostly, but lets be real, we have played poorly a whole lot more than just 3 times this season... we've just gotten away with it before now.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5746: Apr 19, 2024 03:36:22 pm

Ah obtuse.  Always remember Andy Dufresne saying that to the warden in The Shawshank Redemption. Surely the most famous use of obtuse :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #5747: Apr 19, 2024 04:03:43 pm
      I agree mostly, but lets be real, we have played poorly a whole lot more than just 3 times this season... we've just gotten away with it before now.

Exactly, if we are talking about our form, we've dug in and rescued a lot of points (something tells me it's the most ever in the Premier League but I may be wrong) but we have looked dominant nearly as much as like in our title winning season. At times yes, at times it's felt like we were lucky and at times the refs fu**ed us over. But it's certainly a valid point for discussion even if our resident positivity protector doesn't think it is.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 171 
      Reply #5748: Apr 19, 2024 04:05:26 pm

It is LiP you're talking to here.

A guy who flat out refuses to believe there is any wrongdoing in the world. His toilet probably smells nicer than the garden of eden.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5749: Apr 19, 2024 04:35:35 pm
      We are not winning the league. The league was gone after after the Palace game, City won't drop points and we won't win 6 games with 4 of them being away games.

I don’t think any of the top 3 will win all their games so it isn’t over. However, I do still fancy City as that’s never changed. 🤢

Quick Reply