Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 453485 times
      Tayls and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5773: Apr 21, 2024 12:57:42 pm
      Mental some are saying he should quit now,we pummelled City 2nd half,same with Utd,and same with palace,the team has been playing really well,its not his fault that our strikers are missing sitters from 3 yards,he sets the team up to create chances which we do,and some of the misses have been inexcusable if we do fall short this year its not his fault.

It's his and the players fault, simple as.

Some of his line ups and subs have been questionable and some of the players have been crap.

Fair summation?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,443 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5774: Apr 21, 2024 02:03:08 pm
      Just seen the expected line up for today, tin helmet time. Ali, Trent, vvd, qiansah, robbo, endo, grav, Elliott, jota, gakpo, Diaz.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #5775: Apr 21, 2024 02:10:44 pm
      Just seen the expected line up for today, tin helmet time. Ali, Trent, vvd, qiansah, robbo, endo, grav, Elliott, jota, gakpo, Diaz.

Not what I expected, but I suppose a bit of a shake up was needed.
      Let’s hope this line up can bring home the bacon.
      Or three points, I’d be happier with that 🤛
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #5776: Apr 21, 2024 02:13:43 pm
      Mental some are saying he should quit now,we pummelled City 2nd half,same with Utd,and same with palace,the team has been playing really well,its not his fault that our strikers are missing sitters from 3 yards,he sets the team up to create chances which we do,and some of the misses have been inexcusable if we do fall short this year its not his fault.

Yeah it is mental, because those who are calling for it are mental. No mistake 🤷‍♂️
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,443 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5777: Apr 21, 2024 02:21:36 pm

Yeah it is mental, because those who are calling for it are mental. No mistake 🤷‍♂️

And will be the first to start moaning if the new boss has a slow start.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #5778: Apr 21, 2024 02:30:57 pm
      It's his and the players fault, simple as.

Some of his line ups and subs have been questionable and some of the players have been crap.

Fair summation?

Truth. I'd go further and say they have been awful - both players and Manager. Klopp has definitely got that 'counting down my last working days' thing going. I see it in most of my employees after they hand their notice in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #5779: Apr 21, 2024 02:45:45 pm
      Truth. I'd go further and say they have been awful - both players and Manager. Klopp has definitely got that 'counting down my last working days' thing going. I see it in most of my employees after they hand their notice in.

Well now you're just getting carried away.

No one expected a title challenge at the start of the season, so to be where we are now has been superb, just a bit of a drop off inbred last few games through nor being as good as we have been for the previous few months.

That dig about Klopp running down his notice is F***ing contemptible.

He won us the F***ing league after a 30 year wait so you can F**k off with that sh*t
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5780: Apr 21, 2024 07:30:19 pm
      Changed it up today and we had a better performance and 3 points.

Well done boss. Hanging in there.

Wouldn't start Mo, Nunez, Szobo or Mac in the next one. 
      Same team or some small tweaks, maybe Jones, Gomez [though know Jones has had a lot of criticism, would have him ahead of Mac or Szobo] ... with the others as subs again.

On form still don't think we're playing as well as Citeh or Arse ... but ... we're still on the shoulder for now.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #5781: Apr 21, 2024 07:53:57 pm

Same team or some small tweaks, maybe Jones, Gomez [though know Jones has had a lot of criticism, would have him ahead of Mac or Szobo] ... with the others as subs again.

On form still don't think we're playing as well as Citeh or Arse ... but ... we're still on the shoulder for now.

Fresh legs were the key

Harsh not starting Mac, he’s been really good, you can get away in odd games with fringe players but it will catch up on us

Salah and Mac for sure must come back in

Diaz and grav should be benched imo

I don’t think Robertson will start the derby and I expect Gomez at left back but the key is keeping the team fresh

Szob should come on too but can be subbed off if he is poor again

I am really surprised by the Mac comments, he has easily been our best player in the last 4 weeks
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5782: Apr 21, 2024 07:57:41 pm

I am really surprised by the Mac comments, he has easily been our best player in the last 4 weeks

Arguably our best player this season, certainly up there.  Just think he looks very tired right now.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,490 posts | 220 
      Reply #5783: Apr 21, 2024 08:33:43 pm
      Arguably our best player this season, certainly up there.  Just think he looks very tired right now.

Yeah I’ve noticed that too but hopefully the week break gives him good bit of spark

I think we really need to rotate these next two games and hope the lads step
      Up as win these 2 away games which will be tough and the pressure is right on city

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,398 posts | 2825 
      Reply #5784: Apr 21, 2024 09:26:17 pm

Jones should be nowhere near the team on Wednesday but sadly he’ll start again
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6747 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5785: Apr 22, 2024 07:06:36 am
      I have never just seen him sit there in his seat for the majority of a Match, the way he did yesterday.

They're either really comfortable  ;D or he really is just drained. He sure looked it but...

Was so happy to see those fist pumps at the end. Brought another massive smile to my face after that result.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #5786: Apr 22, 2024 12:40:46 pm
      I have never just seen him sit there in his seat for the majority of a Match, the way he did yesterday.

They're either really comfortable  ;D or he really is just drained. He sure looked it but...

Was so happy to see those fist pumps at the end. Brought another massive smile to my face after that result.

The announcers on my broadcast said something about a dust up between him and the Fulham boss, this was early in the match...wonder if Jürgen figured it was better to sit than get in trouble?
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #5787: Apr 22, 2024 12:57:36 pm
      The announcers on my broadcast said something about a dust up between him and the Fulham boss, this was early in the match...wonder if Jürgen figured it was better to sit than get in trouble?

Yeah..poor old Marco..always looks as if he's going to tell us someone just run over his moggy. Poor lad. Boss did sit it out for some reason. Don't think he'd back down to Marco though. Might've been feeling a bit off. Still did the punching routine.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1796 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5788: Apr 22, 2024 01:11:31 pm

Pretty sure he will rotate heavily again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6747 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5789: Apr 22, 2024 11:09:53 pm

Never knew that, announcers on my broadcast didn’t say sh*t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #5790: Apr 24, 2024 09:41:52 pm
      Just seen a clip of him sitting down there.

The boss is done.

And if we're honest he probably was end of last season. A bit out of ideas in his to really reshape this squad and also maybe lost a little sparkle.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5791: Apr 24, 2024 10:05:23 pm
      Just seen a clip of him sitting down there.

The boss is done.

And if we're honest he probably was end of last season. A bit out of ideas in his to really reshape this squad and also maybe lost a little sparkle.

I think deep down he can’t wait for the season to end..

Personally I thought his announcement to leave was premature & could of waited maybe last 10 games of the season., it just bought on it own pressure..
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,548 posts | 1493 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5792: Apr 24, 2024 10:09:49 pm
      He's been mentally checked out all season I think to some extent... we've been pretty poor all season long but we've managed to ride the luck wave for a good chunk of it... just about scraping through games getting 3 points when really we didn't deserve it... that luck wave has gone now and Klopp is even more checked out.. its all added up to an awful ending... even before this depressing period we were extremely lucky to be where we was in the table.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #5793: Apr 24, 2024 10:09:58 pm
      What an awful way to end his time here. From a potential quadruple to the air completely coming out of the balloon as we drag to the finish line. All in a matter of a couple of weeks.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #5794: Apr 24, 2024 10:21:20 pm
      Probably best for both parties that he’s called it as he looks shot and it’s becoming much like the end of his tenure at Dortmund.
      He has given it everything and has nothing left to lift the players or new ideas.

Shame just wish he had reinvented himself but maybe that was his downfall moving away from his signature high pressing gung-ho style of blowing teams away to the stale City style of control but without the players.
      Gomez as a inverted full back will haunt me for years!
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 128 
      Reply #5795: Apr 24, 2024 10:27:40 pm
      I put this in the match thread, but it's relevant here too....

I was going to say week ago that he (Jürgen) had underlying health problems, but I didn't want to say it out loud..... (I really really hope I am wrong)............
      Anyone dissing on the big man (the legend) should maybe zip it for the next few weeks please... XxXX

Quick Reply