Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 455898 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5819: Apr 26, 2024 07:58:33 pm

I had some serious health issues as did my wife both of us had cancer, I ended up in hospital being treated for pneumonia although it wasn’t just before the covid epidemic, not being in work I was able to watch all the games, I work 12 hour shits days and night, and I will be ever grateful to Jürgen for all the great times he gave us, the Two of us will miss hie enthusiasm and his attitude towards life. THANK YOU Jürgen sorry to see you go, great memories

Hope your both doing well now Tez
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,262 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5820: Apr 26, 2024 08:21:56 pm
      Hope your both doing well now Tez

We’re both ok getting over the illnesses and Jürgen leaving thanks
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #5821: Apr 27, 2024 04:07:02 pm
      I'm sad for Jürgen. His squad seems to have completely let him down and he personally seems very tired and like he has lost control of his ship.

I don't believe Van Dijk's comments after the Everton defeat were as harmless as some may interpret them. While I can't identify the specific players he mentioned, it appears that either a group of key players or the entire team collectively lost their edge at the same moment. And by "edge" I mean their will to win. Is it fatigue from having consistently overcome the same challenges each game to secure three points, or is it simply a matter of poor mentality? I'm unsure.

While problems surfaced early in the season, indicating that we'd eventually face consequences, relying solely on comebacks to secure wins isn't sustainable. However, there's a palpable sense that the team completely and shamelessly deflated following the draw against United.

When I watch the game, I notice VVD, MACCA, Endo, and Diaz putting in effort, but the rest seem disengaged. Despite Virgil's vocal leadership, his full-backs appear disconnected. MACCA works tirelessly, yet the midfield lacks energy. Diaz shows effort, but he's not the consistent goal scorer we can ask to score for us on a weekly basis. The rest seem resigned to the outcome and waiting for the season to end.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,262 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5822: Apr 27, 2024 05:34:02 pm
      What a shameful performance from the players today, letting Klopp down big style,
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #5823: Apr 27, 2024 06:14:22 pm
      2nd is where is see us finishing if not first ..

Arsenal have a tougher 4 remaking games.. City are capable of drawing 2 &
      Loosing one..

Still retain hope whilst mathematical possible ..
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,584 posts | 1099 
      Reply #5824: Apr 27, 2024 06:22:18 pm

Loosing one..

Both teams are far superior to us though. Defensively, offensively, mentally and have very few weaknesses ... we will finish 3rd. If arsenal dont win tomorrow its curtains for them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,087 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5825: Apr 27, 2024 06:43:26 pm

Loosing one..

:cool-smiley-027: :cool-smiley-027: 😂
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,602 posts | 747 
      Reply #5826: Apr 27, 2024 07:03:19 pm
      If at the start of the season, you were told Liverpool were going to finish 3rd and have a trophy, you would have taken it with open arms. We finished 5th last season, and EVERYONE was talking about rebuild the midfield and steadying the ship this season.

This is still a good season.

If you (as a liverpool fan) allowed yourself to get worked up by media hyping up Klopps swan song and now you're throwing your toys out the pram, and want to sell Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Robertson, Trent, Szoboslai because we didn't win the league.

It's time to grow up.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 953 posts | 181 
      Reply #5827: Apr 27, 2024 07:04:11 pm

Loosing one..

Mate. Get a couple of gla....bottles of wine down ya then get a good nights kip. Boy do you need it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #5828: Apr 27, 2024 08:25:02 pm

Loosing one..

https://youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218?si=NgFuQvUk-Z8Gejsf
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 818 posts | 135 
      Reply #5829: Apr 27, 2024 08:46:32 pm
      If you (as a liverpool fan) allowed yourself to get worked up by media hyping up Klopps swan song and now you're throwing your toys out the pram, and want to sell Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Robertson, Trent, Szoboslai because we didn't win the league.

It's time to grow up.
      I am well grown up and no I'm not throwing teddy out of the cot but I do think we seriously need to consider if Salah at 31 is a luxury we can afford to hang on to for another season.
      This is not knee jerk from the last few games either - I think the only thing that can be classed as one of Klopps failings in his entire tenure is he hasn't been prepared to drop the so called superstars when they've been playing crap!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #5830: Apr 27, 2024 10:24:58 pm
      I'm disappointed in the club at the moment. Jürgen is still the manager and all the negotiations for Arne Slot are going on are out there and that's down to the club. The season is not finished and the club has let Jürgen down in my eyes. The players are in that zone now that there's already a new manager in place for next season. That showed on the touch line today with Jürgen and Salah. The players have given up on him. So sad, we had a chance to win the prem and the players have let him down.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5831: Apr 27, 2024 11:59:25 pm
      Dear Jürgen,

Please don't go.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,602 posts | 747 
      Reply #5832: Apr 28, 2024 01:50:01 am
      The players have given up on him. So sad, we had a chance to win the prem and the players have let him down.

Did you watch the match ? I didn't see that.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 953 posts | 181 
      Reply #5833: Apr 28, 2024 02:10:11 am
      I'm disappointed in the club at the moment. Jürgen is still the manager and all the negotiations for Arne Slot are going on are out there and that's down to the club. The season is not finished and the club has let Jürgen down in my eyes. The players are in that zone now that there's already a new manager in place for next season. That showed on the touch line today with Jürgen and Salah. The players have given up on him. So sad, we had a chance to win the prem and the players have let him down.

Clubs done F**k all wrong, they did what they had to when they discovered the news. So what, they only start interviewing new guys after the season ends? The seasons not over and we’ve already had fans asking why it’s taken so long. Club can’t win. Everyone has to remain professional. Club held their end, Klopp questionable, players definitely questionable.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #5834: Apr 28, 2024 08:46:34 am
      Did you watch the match ? I didn't see that.

90 mins Wednesday and 45 mins yesterday it was the impression given to me
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,956 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5835: Apr 28, 2024 09:33:38 am
      If at the start of the season, you were told Liverpool were going to finish 3rd and have a trophy, you would have taken it with open arms. We finished 5th last season, and EVERYONE was talking about rebuild the midfield and steadying the ship this season.

This is still a good season.

It's time to grow up.

Simple fact is WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, it’s as simples that imo, apart from Macca, our midfield is no where near where it should be, Endo has done well, but, he’s not the answer, Jones too inconsistent, Harvey enthusiastic as he is isn’t quite there yet, Szloboslai is learning very quickly that this league will swallow you up and he has to improve massively if we wants a career here, Macca has been simply outstanding, despite at time playing as a DM, he’s wasted there and is much more effective at the top end of the diamond,

At the back young Bradley has been brilliant coming in for Trent, so much so, I think it’s time Trent moved forward permanently, Konate is solid but injury wise it’s not what we need, hopefully he’ll be more regular next season, young Quansah like Bradley has been brilliant, and he’ll only get better and better, Virgil has been immense, his leadership is very good , good communication and he doesn’t mince his words which I like, Robbo after his injury has been very good but you’d expect that from him, he for me has maybe two seasons left so we need to be seeking out his replacement soon, Kostas isn’t the answer,

Gakpo has shown of late he’s a keeper, (not in goal) and I like what he brings to the table, G’Berch has done fairly well is improving and definitely one for the future, Jota the slotta, no need to say anything he is what it says on the tin, goals with a capital G, now the sticky bits……

Nunez, do we keep him or F**k him off ?
      I think we keep, it’s only his composure that needs sorting out, he gives everything else 100%, he gets into the right positions, he can assist, create space for others and he’s a f***in menace, Captain Chaos indeed, he’s staying,

Diaz, love him or loathe him you can’t say he doesn’t try, I’d love him to stay but something tells me he won’t or if a offer came in he’d want to go, so I’m on the fence with him,

And Mo, with the new fella coming in we will need to find the funds other than those afforded by FSG to bring in top drawer quality players, and I mean top drawer, better than we have now aside from Macca, and the only way we do that is by selling, at 31 years old that’s still a good age if you have looked after yourself as Mo has done, so if the Arabs come back offering anything North of £120-£150M we should and I think we will take it !!

Getting back to the start, we haven’t been good enough, yes we’re in transition and maybe Jürgen had he stayed would have enhanced our squad particularly midfield, but it’s absolutely crystal clear we need a massive influx of quality, we have the nucleus of a very good side, but it needs better players for us to be challenging again next season ??

YNWA
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 88 
      Reply #5836: Apr 28, 2024 09:45:57 am

Simple fact is WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, it’s as simples that imo, apart from Macca, our midfield is no where near where it should be, Endo has done well, but, he’s not the answer, Jones too inconsistent, Harvey enthusiastic as he is isn’t quite there yet, Szloboslai is learning very quickly that this league will swallow you up and he has to improve massively if we wants a career here, Macca has been simply outstanding, despite at time playing as a DM, he’s wasted there and is much more effective at the top end of the diamond,

At the back young Bradley has been brilliant coming in for Trent, so much so, I think it’s time Trent moved forward permanently, Konate is solid but injury wise it’s not what we need, hopefully he’ll be more regular next season, young Quansah like Bradley has been brilliant, and he’ll only get better and better, Virgil has been immense, his leadership is very good , good communication and he doesn’t mince his words which I like, Robbo after his injury has been very good but you’d expect that from him, he for me has maybe two seasons left so we need to be seeking out his replacement soon, Kostas isn’t the answer,

Gakpo has shown of late he’s a keeper, (not in goal) and I like what he brings to the table, G’Berch has done fairly well is improving and definitely one for the future, Jota the slotta, no need to say anything he is what it says on the tin, goals with a capital G, now the sticky bits……

Nunez, do we keep him or F**k him off ?
      I think we keep, it’s only his composure that needs sorting out, he gives everything else 100%, he gets into the right positions, he can assist, create space for others and he’s a f***in menace, Captain Chaos indeed, he’s staying,

Diaz, love him or loathe him you can’t say he doesn’t try, I’d love him to stay but something tells me he won’t or if a offer came in he’d want to go, so I’m on the fence with him,

And Mo, with the new fella coming in we will need to find the funds other than those afforded by FSG to bring in top drawer quality players, and I mean top drawer, better than we have now aside from Macca, and the only way we do that is by selling, at 31 years old that’s still a good age if you have looked after yourself as Mo has done, so if the Arabs come back offering anything North of £120-£150M we should and I think we will take it !!

Getting back to the start, we haven’t been good enough, yes we’re in transition and maybe Jürgen had he stayed would have enhanced our squad particularly midfield, but it’s absolutely crystal clear we need a massive influx of quality, we have the nucleus of a very good side, but it needs better players for us to be challenging again next season ??

YNWA
      What a brilliant and I think accurate assessment. The one player who has really worried me this season is Szob, he's not been good enough, like you say the Prem has swallowed him up.

Let the new manager give this squad a chance. Sell Salah, he's a brilliant goalscorer but a dreadful all round footballer. I think we have the funds plus Salah money to buy 3 real quality players.

Next season, like you said put Connor at right back, push Trent up the pitch and let the new manager put his own stamp on the team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,325 posts | 8602 
      Reply #5837: Apr 28, 2024 02:13:16 pm
      Clubs done F**k all wrong, they did what they had to when they discovered the news. So what, they only start interviewing new guys after the season ends? The seasons not over and we’ve already had fans asking why it’s taken so long. Club can’t win. Everyone has to remain professional. Club held their end, Klopp questionable, players definitely questionable.

Want to bet?

Someone knew high up to leak that Klopp was leaving to the press.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #5838: Apr 29, 2024 04:50:27 pm
      Funny those saying Jürgen direspected Mo ate ex playets who never managed or managed very briefly and very shitely
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,118 posts | 3456 
      Reply #5839: Apr 29, 2024 05:31:50 pm
      A number of people have posted about Klopp having health issues

Can someone expand on that please ? Has something happened that’s been missed by many
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,457 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5840: Apr 29, 2024 06:15:47 pm
      A number of people have posted about Klopp having health issues

Can someone expand on that please ? Has something happened that’s been missed by many

No, it's just rumours, like that stuff about Edwards and klopp. https://twitter.com/JayRoyle/status/1783568985851576720?t=TEJ4ZNANMa8qsAcThGzr-Q&s=19
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,118 posts | 3456 
      Reply #5841: Apr 29, 2024 06:33:20 pm

That’s what I thought - really poor for supposed fans to be republishing this sh*te

Quick Reply