Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 461035 times
      waltonl4 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5842: Apr 29, 2024 06:58:17 pm
      Jürgen still the manager, yes. But as he's given the club notice of his resignation, the club has to act. What if Jürgen left it until the end of the season before
      announcing his resignation, and we had just 4 weeks to sound out a replacement and organise the 2024 pre season.

Everyone on here would have gone nuts. Jürgen gave plenty of notice so the club had time to act and organise.
      There's no disrespect either way, or to the players. Everyone knows the score, and can act accordingly.

I expect some players to have already made their mind up what they want to do, and if that means leaving, then so be it.
      Shanks retired suddenly. Bob retired suddenly. Joe as well I think. It's the nature of the game. Jürgen gave us the best opportunity to reshape ready for next season. And well done him.
      We may not have won what we were hoping for, but how many teams do.  Let's just see this season out, the best we can, and look forward to a new journey next season.

Thank you Jürgen Norbert Klopp for your services, and for awaking the sleeping giant. Winning more in one season than anyone before him.  Topping up my memory bank with joyful irreplaceable events.

Happy retirement, or Sabbatical, and good luck with your future what ever it may behold.
      Most importantly, Stay Healthy and take care, and a huge man hug from me !     :'( :'( :'( :'(
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,278 posts | 930 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5843: Apr 29, 2024 07:04:49 pm
      Jürgen still the manager, yes. But as he's given the club notice of his resignation, the club has to act. What if Jürgen left it until the end of the season before
      announcing his resignation, and we had just 4 weeks to sound out a replacement and organise the 2024 pre season.

Everyone on here would have gone nuts. Jürgen gave plenty of notice so the club had time to act and organise.
      There's no disrespect either way, or to the players. Everyone knows the score, and can act accordingly.

I expect some players to have already made their mind up what they want to do, and if that means leaving, then so be it.
      Shanks retired suddenly. Bob retired suddenly. Joe as well I think. It's the nature of the game. Jürgen gave us the best opportunity to reshape ready for next season. And well done him.
      We may not have won what we were hoping for, but how many teams do.  Let's just see this season out, the best we can, and look forward to a new journey next season.

Thank you Jürgen Norbert Klopp for your services, and for awaking the sleeping giant. Winning more in one season than anyone before him.  Topping up my memory bank with joyful irreplaceable events.

Happy retirement, or Sabbatical, and good luck with your future what ever it may behold.
      Most importantly, Stay Healthy and take care, and a huge man hug from me !     :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well said and a big thanks, wish you well in the future, pity the squad with a couple of exceptions couldn’t have made a bit more effort and give you a send off you deserved
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5844: Apr 29, 2024 07:20:05 pm

Yeah, would think some players are considering their future, post Klopp.  Maybe thinking now might be a good time to try something else. Maybe some not too impressed with the ideal of a new and relatively inexperienced manager [at their level] coming in throwing weight around.
      Will be interesting to see.  Maybe they will all stay, and none will be angling to leave.  But think there could be some.
      Jürgen leaving is such a huge thing, bound to have other impacts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5845: Apr 30, 2024 03:34:55 am
      Funny those saying Jürgen direspected Mo ate ex playets who never managed or managed very briefly and very shitely

What?  :lmao:

:D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5846: Apr 30, 2024 09:46:18 am

All ex players are siding with Mo.....nome of them, bar Shearer very briefly, have managed. So they are clearly judging from the player perspective only.....The likes of Agbhonlahor are piss poor pundits anyway
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #5847: May 01, 2024 12:51:36 am
      All ex players are siding with Mo.....nome of them, bar Shearer very briefly, have managed. So they are clearly judging from the player perspective only.....The likes of Agbhonlahor are piss poor pundits anyway

There's usually a motive for it. Probably think it's gonna upset Mo hearing that, and it will unsettle him and all that bollocks. Thing is, they don't realise that most think they're a bunch of tw*ts anyway and take no notice of anything they say, whatever they may think.

A real bunch of tossers who think that somehow they influence people in real life.    :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5848: May 01, 2024 04:37:11 am
      Very sad to think with a bit more luck Jürgen could've left here with 4 PL titles and 3 European Cups 😔
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,596 posts | 1503 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5849: May 01, 2024 08:32:38 am
      Very sad to think with a bit more luck Jürgen could've left here with 4 PL titles and 3 European Cups 😔

Unfortunately we came up against a trillionaire playing FIFA Career Mode in real life…
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5850: May 01, 2024 09:15:17 am
      Unfortunately we came up against a trillionaire playing FIFA Career Mode in real life…

Yup. Couldn't have put better myself
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #5851: May 01, 2024 11:12:48 am
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #5852: May 01, 2024 11:19:44 am
      I heard he was thinking of taking up a place on the International Space Station with a view to starting some kind of Interplanetary league.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #5853: May 01, 2024 11:43:30 am
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #5854: May 01, 2024 11:49:34 am
      Don’t think it will be too much of a surprise if he did
      It's not beyond the realms of possibility....but unlikely, and it would surprise most...in my considered opinion.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #5855: May 01, 2024 12:03:32 pm
      It's not beyond the realms of possibility....but unlikely, and it would surprise most...in my considered opinion.

Why would it ?

It’s a job with less pressure in a less intense league and at a club he has great connections with and will be after he has a year out

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #5856: May 01, 2024 12:09:55 pm
      Jürgen for Ireland

Come on FAI make it work
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5857: May 01, 2024 12:15:56 pm
      Jürgen for Ireland

Come on FAI make it work

Don't give me hope.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #5858: May 01, 2024 12:29:51 pm

If he even thought about working for them cabbages Id lose some respect for him, Id actually do everything in my power to get a contact for him and talk him out of it!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,408 posts | 797 
      Reply #5859: May 01, 2024 12:50:51 pm
      Why would it ?

It’s a job with less pressure in a less intense league and at a club he has great connections with and will be after he has a year out
      To be honest I didn't pick up on the 2025 and assumed it mean't next season.....Who knows what he'll do, again once he leaves us I couldn't care less what he does...as long as he's healthy and happy
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,451 posts | 2846 
      Reply #5860: May 01, 2024 12:55:38 pm
      Can’t really see Jürgen doing any DoF type role in the future.

Manager or nothing I think.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5861: May 01, 2024 02:01:44 pm
      Klopp has always been very intense as a manager. I could be wrong but looking at him now I'm not sure if we'll ever see that version of Jürgen again. A DOF or a national team manager wouldn't surprise me in the future.....who knows?
      Xavi is staying at Barca another season ,maybe he'll be interested in that for 2025/26.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5862: May 01, 2024 02:10:54 pm
       A horrible thought invaded my head today - the mancs are going to be managerless next season  -  what if ?😒  :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #5863: May 01, 2024 02:31:51 pm
      A horrible thought invaded my head today - the mancs are going to be managerless next season  -  what if ?😒  :(

More chance you taking it then Jürgen pal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #5864: May 01, 2024 02:39:24 pm
      More chance you taking it then Jürgen pal

Hahaha I'd knock it back Brian!

Quick Reply