Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 463550 times
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 596 posts | 56 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5888: May 05, 2024 03:53:59 pm
      Doesn't matter how much they get fined they've got a bottomless pit. Corrupt as F**k.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #5889: May 05, 2024 07:23:27 pm
      Just one more game at Anfield. I'm not overly emotional at these times. Seen everyone since Sir Bill took over but I might have a lump in my throat this time. Such a character.

Apart from maybe Everton and the Mancheater clubs, all the other fans would, after their own manager, nominate Klopp as the manager they respect the most. Universally respected.

Been a long goodbye but down to one more at Anfield ..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,187 posts | 2756 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5890: May 05, 2024 07:28:49 pm
      Just one more game at Anfield. I'm not overly emotional at these times. Seen everyone since Sir Bill took over but I might have a lump in my throat this time. Such a character.

Apart from maybe Everton and the Mancheater clubs, all the other fans would, after their own manager, nominate Klopp as the manager they respect the most. Universally respected.

Been a long goodbye but down to one more at Anfield ..

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Klopp my favourite manager in the league, I’ve respected everything he’s done and said. Never ever said a bad world about the man.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #5891: May 05, 2024 07:46:41 pm
      Couldn’t disagree with you more. Klopp my favourite manager in the league, I’ve respected everything he’s done and said. Never ever said a bad world about the man.

Yeah but your the exception. You can see both sides of the coin. You know far more about LFC than any of us know about MUFC.

Maybe most of the United fans do hold him in high regard. Deserves to be.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,187 posts | 2756 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5892: May 05, 2024 07:55:14 pm
      Yeah but your the exception. You can see both sides of the coin. You know far more about LFC than any of us know about MUFC.

Maybe most of the United fans do hold him in high regard. Deserves to be.

Obviously I know more mancs than you. However, all though many do say to me they will be glad to see the back of him it’s a compliment in itself. Quite a few will say they rate him, those that don’t just hide behind their rose tints.

He may not of won more than the great Shanks/Paisley but it’s harder now given the amount of money in football. If you asked me the 3 greatest managers you lot ever had it’s the above two along with Klopp. Many will disagree but it’s my opinion despite what others say.
      Harrisimo

• 8,381 posts | 1420 
      Reply #5893: May 05, 2024 08:07:07 pm
      Obviously I know more mancs than you. However, all though many do say to me they will be glad to see the back of him it’s a compliment in itself. Quite a few will say they rate him, those that don’t just hide behind their rose tints.

He may not of won more than the great Shanks/Paisley but it’s harder now given the amount of money in football. If you asked me the 3 greatest managers you lot ever had it’s the above two along with Klopp. Many will disagree but it’s my opinion despite what others say.

Well yes he is close to Sir Bill and Sir Bob. Sir Kenny is in there as well. Could be you've named the 1,2,3, of LFC managers.

Personalty wise he's probably only 2nd to Sir Bill. And it is harder to win stuff. Won't get into the "refs cost us" argument just yet but Klopp has qualified as a knight of the realm of Merseyside.

Arise Sir Jürgen Klopp.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5894: May 05, 2024 08:22:16 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,187 posts | 2756 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5895: May 05, 2024 09:56:10 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,187 posts | 2756 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5896: May 05, 2024 09:57:28 pm
      Well yes he is close to Sir Bill and Sir Bob. Sir Kenny is in there as well. Could be you've named the 1,2,3, of LFC managers.

Personalty wise he's probably only 2nd to Sir Bill. And it is harder to win stuff. Won't get into the "refs cost us" argument just yet but Klopp has qualified as a knight of the realm of Merseyside.

Arise Sir Jürgen Klopp.
      Yeah he leaves a legend for you lot, been a pleasure watching the kunt over the last 9 years despite being the wrong club. 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5897: May 06, 2024 06:34:54 am
      Liverpool Legend. Nothing more needs to be said. Remarkable what the Man has done, considering!

Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5898: May 06, 2024 08:56:42 am
      I wasn't around to see Shankly and was only a nipper when Paisley retired.....loved King Kenny and was like a kid at Christmas when he came back as manager BUT Klopp has achieved a level of consistency results wise unmatched for me.
      Only the might of Pep and City ( and 115 charges with oil bought titles ) have prevented Klopp from being mentioned in the same breath as Alex Ferguson, that's just nationally not amongst ourselves.
      Other top PL managers Wenger, Mourinho, Anchelotti etc never had a monster like Man City to face...97 pts and 92 pts and only runner up ? FFS....2 European Cup finals were goalies had a stinker and then a stormer ( Karius and Courtois) and EL final, was it Lovrens header but Sturridge was in an offside position 🤔 to make it 2-0....anyway the point is Jürgen has been very unlucky during his time with us.
      For me he is our greatest manager and one of the greatest people to have ever graced our club, it's been a privilege to have this man at our club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,847 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5899: May 06, 2024 09:46:04 am
      I wasn't around to see Shankly and was only a nipper when Paisley retired.....loved King Kenny and was like a kid at Christmas when he came back as manager BUT Klopp has achieved a level of consistency results wise unmatched for me.
      Only the might of Pep and City ( and 115 charges with oil bought titles ) have prevented Klopp from being mentioned in the same breath as Alex Ferguson, that's just nationally not amongst ourselves.
      Other top PL managers Wenger, Mourinho, Anchelotti etc never had a monster like Man City to face...97 pts and 92 pts and only runner up ? FFS....2 European Cup finals were goalies had a stinker and then a stormer ( Karius and Courtois) and EL final, was it Lovrens header but Sturridge was in an offside position 🤔 to make it 2-0....anyway the point is Jürgen has been very unlucky during his time with us.
      For me he is our greatest manager and one of the greatest people to have ever graced our club, it's been a privilege to have this man at our club.

Brilliantly said mate.

Could have been so much more.  :f_wah:

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5900: May 06, 2024 10:53:22 am
      Klopp will still be behind Bob , Shanks , Kenny and maybe even Joe ( treble winning ) - but it’s a measure of the man for him to be in that company of club legends
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,317 posts | 770 
      Reply #5901: May 06, 2024 10:59:15 am

Brilliantly said mate.

Could have been so much more.  :f_wah:

Not a bad haul, I will bring the Brasso, to keep them nice and shiny !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5902: May 06, 2024 11:19:19 am
      Not a bad haul, I will bring the Brasso, to keep them nice and shiny !

Shouldn’t ever include the charity shield when it comes to honours
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,317 posts | 770 
      Reply #5903: May 06, 2024 11:44:01 am

I totally agree, good point.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5904: May 06, 2024 01:15:43 pm
      Klopp will still be behind Bob , Shanks , Kenny and maybe even Joe ( treble winning ) - but it’s a measure of the man for him to be in that company of club legends

What I was getting at really is the way football is run at the top now skews judgement of a managers ability ie had we been oil rich owned and Klopp could've bought De Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and Haaland we'd be talking about Klopp being the greatest of all time.
      You put Pep in charge of West Brom would he do much?. Mourinho and Ferguson won European trophies with Porto and Aberdeen initially but all those three managers then had a huge war chest of cash to spend at future clubs. Klopp has rarely had that luxury in a league awash with talent from all over the world, was the overall standard of the football league as high? I wouldn't say so but football is different game you can't go through players like you could then so you had to be a tough physical player as part of your game.
      The counter argument I suppose in the days of Shanks and Paisley is was a far more level playing field in terms of recruitment at top clubs, we scouted and developed our own talent from lower leagues and Scottish clubs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5905: May 06, 2024 01:44:37 pm
      What I was getting at really is the way football is run at the top now skews judgement of a managers ability ie had we been oil rich owned and Klopp could've bought De Bruyne, Silva, Rodri and Haaland we'd be talking about Klopp being the greatest of all time.
      You put Pep in charge of West Brom would he do much?. Mourinho and Ferguson won European trophies with Porto and Aberdeen initially but all those three managers then had a huge war chest of cash to spend at future clubs. Klopp has rarely had that luxury in a league awash with talent from all over the world, was the overall standard of the football league as high? I wouldn't say so but football is different game you can't go through players like you could then so you had to be a tough physical player as part of your game.
      The counter argument I suppose in the days of Shanks and Paisley is was a far more level playing field in terms of recruitment at top clubs, we scouted and developed our own talent from lower leagues and Scottish clubs.

Football is hugely different these days

But Klopp hasn’t been a pauper - spent close to £900mil and we have broken our transfer record multiple times and world records fee for defenders etc

He may not have had the level of money of some but he has also spent a fair amount
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #5906: May 06, 2024 02:38:22 pm

Noticed you omitted Rafa….🙄
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5907: May 06, 2024 02:46:25 pm

Because I don’t put him amongst those names 🤷‍♂️
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,379 posts | 8630 
      Reply #5908: May 06, 2024 02:51:06 pm

F***ing hell kid Rafa does not get above Bill, Bob, Joe and Kenny.

Klopp, then Rafa then Gerard.

That's the way it works!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,187 posts | 2756 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5909: May 06, 2024 04:15:23 pm

Absolutely, glorified friendly at the very best. 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 931 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5910: May 06, 2024 04:45:31 pm
      Absolutely, glorified friendly at the very best. 

What’s up not won it lately, counted in the early premier years

Quick Reply