Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 464497 times
      Misty and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,194 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5911: May 06, 2024 05:18:42 pm
      What’s up not won it lately, counted in the early premier years

Never meant anything in my book.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5026 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5912: May 06, 2024 06:55:03 pm

Shouldn’t count in anyone’s book, it’s a charity event nothing more nothing less, the proceeds go to various ‘charities’ and the shield is only a token of gratitude from the FA as something to take away, it means F**k ALL, a bit like, Thanks for coming, here, here’s a token of our gratitude !!

Some others somehow take it as another trophy to win, it f***in isn’t!!

YNWA
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,630 posts | 1118 
      Reply #5913: May 07, 2024 09:04:26 am
      F***ing hell kid Rafa does not get above Bill, Bob, Joe and Kenny.

Klopp, then Rafa then Gerard.

That's the way it works!!

As a manager i place only shanks and bob above Jürgen
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,439 posts | 812 
      Reply #5914: May 07, 2024 09:43:20 am
      As a manager i place only shanks and bob above Jürgen
      Gold, Silver and Bronze in that order.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5915: May 07, 2024 09:50:53 am

It shows how underrated Joe was

He won a treble , ahead of Klopp and behind Shanks for me
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,468 posts | 2857 
      Reply #5916: May 07, 2024 11:32:21 am
      Others will have a greater list of honours but that spell between 2018-2020 was probably the best Liverpool side I've ever seen. We were so dominant - won games all sorts of ways - sometimes tearing teams apart, sometimes scoring twice at the death to steal it. Capped it off with the two biggest prizes as well.

I look back on that spell and I still can't believe it really. I think we picked up 100 out of 102 points in the league at one point.

All these rankings are subjective things - they depend on our age, the memories we associate with them (for example I don't think I'll ever love a Liverpool player more than Barnes just because of the memories he gave me despite there probably being better wingers than him in our recent history). The fact that Jürgen is in the conversation with our other greats is enough and just shows how big a figure he is in the history of this great club.

We will miss him greatly.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,321 posts | 771 
      Reply #5917: May 07, 2024 12:08:26 pm
      Jürgen Klopp a legend in his own right. Quite rightly he will be missed by fans &  opposition to say the least.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5026 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5918: May 07, 2024 03:07:37 pm

Shanks started it all off but Bob won more, if we’re using the medals analogy, it’s difficult because of the players Bill had and those Bob had, I’m of the opinion Bob was our most successful manager goes without saying really, but Jürgen arguably could be in the best category although he hasn’t had the successes Bob had, so in a attempt to avoid a argument….it reads something like this…..

Platinum…..Bob Paisley
      Gold …………Bill Shankly
      Gold………….Jürgen Klopp
      Gold………….King Kenny
      Gold …………Joe Fagan
      Gold………….Rafa Benitez…..

…there….fixed it !!

YNWA
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,922 posts | 443 
      Reply #5919: May 07, 2024 05:13:34 pm
      Klopp is a level above Rafa. Under Rafa we scrapped away and won a Champions League against the grain. Similar to the Chelsea side that won it under Tucchel or Di Matteo.

Jürgen got this side to the point where it won a Premier League title and a Champions league trophy because we belonged there. No f**ker could begrudge it us and say we won those from left field.

Klopps sides won because he got the side to the point where it was good enough to beat anyone. Not only on our day but most days.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5920: May 07, 2024 05:17:17 pm
      Klopp is a level above Rafa. Under Rafa we scrapped away and won a Champions League against the grain. Similar to the Chelsea side that won it under Tucchel or Di Matteo.

Jürgen got this side to the point where it won a Premier League title and a Champions league trophy because we belonged there. No f**ker could begrudge it us and say we won those from left field.

Klopps sides won because he got the side to the point where it was good enough to beat anyone. Not only on our day but most days.

Rafa I agree is below the likes of Klopp

He did well winning the CL , and then tried to build a team but his own stubbornness and actions caused issues with players and he threw away the chance to win the title

But he also highlighted the issues with the two conmen and fans should be grateful for that

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,194 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5921: May 07, 2024 07:53:17 pm
      Rafa I agree is below the likes of Klopp

How far below Klopp Pj? I don’t think it’s close personally.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 683 posts | 90 
      Reply #5922: May 07, 2024 07:59:55 pm

Shanks started it all off but Bob won more, if we’re using the medals analogy, it’s difficult because of the players Bill had and those Bob had, I’m of the opinion Bob was our most successful manager goes without saying really, but Jürgen arguably could be in the best category although he hasn’t had the successes Bob had, so in a attempt to avoid a argument….it reads something like this…..

Platinum…..Bob Paisley
      Gold …………Bill Shankly
      Gold………….Jürgen Klopp
      Gold………….King Kenny
      Gold …………Joe Fagan
      Gold………….Rafa Benitez…..

…there….fixed it !!

YNWA
      Shanks has got to have Double Diamond, Platinum status because without him we might still be a Championship side or similar status to  Sunderland, Norwich or West Bromwich Albion.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #5923: May 07, 2024 08:05:21 pm

For me it's difficult to judge any Rafa v Jürgen comparison simply because Benitez was working under a corrupt pair of cowboys while Jürgen has worked under one of the best run clubs in the league under FSG. And not perfect before I trigger anyone on here. ;D

As people I hold them in similar regard but Jurgens team for about three years was one of the best I've watched and going toe to toe with City and Europe's best just edges or for me.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5924: May 07, 2024 08:07:15 pm

I think Rafa is closer to Houllier than he is to Klopp - GH is another that threw away a title and bought poorly
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5925: May 07, 2024 08:10:03 pm
      For me it's difficult to judge any Rafa v Jürgen comparison simply because Benitez was working under a corrupt pair of cowboys while Jürgen has worked under one of the best run clubs in the league under FSG. And not perfect before I trigger anyone on here. ;D

As people I hold them in similar regard but Jurgens team for about three years was one of the best I've watched and going toe to toe with City and Europe's best just edges or for me.

During the early years of G&H - Rafa was more than ok when they were bringing in the likes of Torres etc , and then spending silly money on Keane whilst messing around Xabi.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 114 
      Reply #5926: May 07, 2024 08:34:17 pm
      I think King Kenny should be above Jürgen.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1542 
      Reply #5927: May 07, 2024 08:48:46 pm
      I just like to remember them all for what they did for the club in their time. Don't bother trying to make comparisons when all the greats of this club, worked in different eras, under different constraints.

Just remember them all, for all the magical memories !
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5928: May 07, 2024 09:13:57 pm
      It's very interesting this debate, age will influence it. I started watching us in the mid 80s when Kenny took over so I've always had the 87/88 team as my  ultimate team but tbh the level of consistency we shown between 2018 and 2020 was unreal...3 out of 4 years we got 97,99 and 92 points that was amazing.
      Graeme Souness said out of all the great Liverpool teams there'd been that level of consistency was unrivalled.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #5929: May 07, 2024 09:20:00 pm
      I just like to remember them all for what they did for the club in their time. Don't bother trying to make comparisons when all the greats of this club, worked in different eras, under different constraints.

Just remember them all, for all the magical memories !

It's a good point pal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,203 posts | 3478 
      Reply #5930: May 07, 2024 09:40:17 pm
      It's very interesting this debate, age will influence it. I started watching us in the mid 80s when Kenny took over so I've always had the 87/88 team as my  ultimate team but tbh the level of consistency we shown between 2018 and 2020 was unreal...3 out of 4 years we got 97,99 and 92 points that was amazing.
      Graeme Souness said out of all the great Liverpool teams there'd been that level of consistency was unrivalled.

Still haven’t seen a better club performance by anyone than that 5-0 vs Forest

Whilst Mane , Bobby and Mo where World Class as a front three - Barnes , Beardsley and Aldo were untouchable
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,194 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5931: May 07, 2024 09:42:48 pm
      I think King Kenny should be above Jürgen.

I’m sure many may agree, I don’t see it that way given how well Klopp did with limited funds. Not forgetting the amount of times he improved players, I’ve lost fcuking count 😂🤦‍♂️
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,399 posts | 8633 
      Reply #5932: May 07, 2024 09:45:37 pm
      I’m sure many may agree, I don’t see it that way given how well Klopp did with limited funds. Not forgetting the amount of times he improved players, I’ve lost fcuking count 😂🤦‍♂️

Kenny goes above Jürgen for other reasons
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,194 posts | 2760 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5933: May 07, 2024 10:54:07 pm
      Kenny goes above Jürgen for other reasons

Yeah and very easy to know why you and many will say that.

Quick Reply