Trending Topics

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 491360 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #2921: Sep 03, 2022 09:14:01 pm
      What was he thinking with that double substitution today baffling.

He was thinking of the Napoli game, trying to rest people. I've been saying we need to rest our FBs more for ages, so I can't really complain. It did backfire though - we were having our best period of the match and the substitutions completely killed it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #2922: Sep 04, 2022 02:53:15 pm
      It's a con of being successful, glory hunters jump on the band wagon. Shouldn't be taken seriously at all, these twitter idiots.

Yeah F***ing tell me about it!!

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #2923: Sep 04, 2022 06:18:11 pm
      There is no way that the seventh season Jürgen Klopp curse is down to coaching. Klopps as good as anyone in the world right now. Mainz were relegated in his 7th season and Dortmond went from contending to 7th. I never watched those teams, so I really don't know if they played the same system or not.

However, with injuries being rampant this season, I just wonder if Klopps demanding system wears dudes down. TAA, Salah, Robbo, and VVD don't look like themselves this season, and a lot of time they just look run down. At the same time, the players who are thriving this season are young kids new to the system, or Gomez whose been out a while.

Tbf, most of the players who are hurt this year are the usual suspects, so there is that. Food for thought 🤔
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2924: Sep 04, 2022 06:20:51 pm
      There is no way that the seventh season Jürgen Klopp curse is down to coaching. Klopps as good as anyone in the world right now. Mainz were relegated in his 7th season and Dortmond went from contending to 7th. I never watched those teams, so I really don't know if they played the same system or not.

However, with injuries being rampant this season, I just wonder if Klopps demanding system wears dudes down. TAA, Salah, Robbo, and VVD don't look like themselves this season, and a lot of time they just look run down. At the same time, the players who are thriving this season are young kids new to the system, or Gomez whose been out a while.

Tbf, most of the players who are hurt this year are the usual suspects, so there is that. Food for thought 🤔

Last season would have been both physically and mentally challenging for the players and coming so close will have been heartbreaking for the players and the whole club

It’s been a short pre season , they are playing differently because they have brought in a different type of number 9 and it’s going to take time

It’s no surprise that we play a bit better when Bobby is playing because that’s how they are used to playing

We all know there are lots of gears for the players to go through and they will find them
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #2925: Sep 04, 2022 06:33:13 pm
      Last season would have been both physically and mentally challenging for the players and coming so close will have been heartbreaking for the players and the whole club

It’s been a short pre season , they are playing differently because they have brought in a different type of number 9 and it’s going to take time

It’s no surprise that we play a bit better when Bobby is playing because that’s how they are used to playing

We all know there are lots of gears for the players to go through and they will find them

I agree to all of this, but isn't being Iin this system ( and being fit and playing a LOT of games the last 5 years) taking its toll on the guys I listed a possibility?

Losing Mane who was key to our press, losing Thiago who runs our MF, and integrating Nunez into our system is been key to our start. But we rely far to heavily on players who are older and run down due to this system. Hendo and Mily don't need to be relied on nearly as much.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #2926: Sep 04, 2022 06:37:21 pm
      I agree to all of this, but isn't being Iin this system ( and being fit and playing a LOT of games the last 5 years) taking its toll on the guys I listed a possibility?

Losing Mane who was key to our press, losing Thiago who runs our MF, and integrating Nunez into our system is been key to our start. But we rely far to heavily on players who are older and run down due to this system. Hendo and Mily don't need to be relied on nearly as much.

No doubt at all the system could be taking its toil - especially in midfield

The midfield is very key to allowing the full backs to get so high - their energy provides the cover. Maybe that’s why they are looking to get Mo and Diaz higher and wider to let the full backs drift in more
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,911 posts | 6834 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2927: Sep 05, 2022 02:48:43 am
      Yup Usually 10 year old kids, best to ignore.

Or these new keyboard warriors coming out of Africa. Just seems like the last 2 years they have been given devices and electricity for the first time in their lives and they just log on and can't stop talking sh*t!

Probably only started following us 2 years ago!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2928: Sep 07, 2022 10:42:00 pm
      Love Jürgen and hope he sticks around for ever but ffs he is just too humble at times he needs to make it bloody clear the lack of investment from the club he can’t keep performing miracles.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,506 posts | 234 
      Reply #2929: Sep 07, 2022 10:47:35 pm
      Love Jürgen and hope he sticks around for ever but ffs he is just too humble at times he needs to make it bloody clear the lack of investment from the club he can’t keep performing miracles.

If there is anyone who can reinvent the wheel its Klopp. He changed how we played from the heavy metal when he first joined was not getting the results he wanted to see. The high line does work if we have reasonable pressing and athletic midfielders, which we are lacking on both fronts.

Our lads just look so spent physically. I know how much he wanted that Madrid player and that was an area the scouting team identified as a key area to upgrade. But he did not come, there surely has to have been backup options who could have made an impact?
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #2930: Sep 07, 2022 11:01:35 pm
      Boss we're behind you and I'm sorry for your lack of resources
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #2931: Sep 07, 2022 11:03:05 pm
      Or these new keyboard warriors coming out of Africa. Just seems like the last 2 years they have been given devices and electricity for the first time in their lives and they just log on and can't stop talking sh*t!

Probably only started following us 2 years ago!

What the F**k has Africa got to do with it? And do you think Africa only got electricity within the last two years?

What a F***ing sh*t post if I've ever seen one
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #2932: Sep 07, 2022 11:08:26 pm
      What the f**k has Africa got to do with it? And do you think Africa only got electricity within the last two years?

What a f**king sh*t post if I've ever seen one

Agreed, some real racism in here along with the ‘you have memory loss’ some people really need to be humbled
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #2933: Sep 07, 2022 11:27:49 pm
      Deffo trying to compete..well not on a shoestring but way way behind City..£100m + V £18m..per season...even Brighton's net is double ours over the past 5 years..a net of nearly £40m per season.

So it's not a LEVEL PLAYING field. I suspect the Boss is getting tired of it. I did make this point before the United game as was trod on by the usual suspects.

For the Boss to achieve so much with the money he has spent is amazing. We have to remember that as the season progesses.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #2934: Sep 07, 2022 11:27:59 pm
      Think we need to face the fact we are in transition, and actually in the early stages of it. Think that's what Jürgen meant with his "reinvent ourselves" phrase.

I personally thought that wouldn't be the case quite yet. Thought it would be a case of replacing Mane and then Firmino, which would be difficult enough but that we'd made decent signings to do it. But our midfield is starting to look like it needs some quality fresh blood. I've defended our midfield for years against people saying they lack pace, creativity etc, but it is starting to actually become true. It's not so much lack of creativity (although a bit more wouldn't hurt), but the fact we can't protect the back 4 against pace. We've maybe waited a year too long to go after Bellingham - should have been this summer by the look of it.

It looks to me like Jürgen is a bit shocked by it as well. I think he thought we'd be ok for another season. And you never know, we have been without Hendo, Thiago and Keita, so get them back in and we might still turn it around. But 2 of those 3 have always been injury prone, so if Hendo is not available often enough, or is starting to become injury prone himself, I think we have a problem.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2935: Sep 07, 2022 11:52:08 pm
      But 2 of those 3 have always been injury prone,

3/3.
      Lewis1978
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #2936: Sep 07, 2022 11:53:55 pm
      I feel for Jürgen, he has not been given the backing by the owners to grow the team, in a position of strengh you always stengthen the team, we have spent approx 25m net, he has created miracles with an ageing midfield, van diick looks like he has lost a yard of pace which is worrying! If all around us and below us  are willing to spend 100-200 mill to upgrade their team , our owners have brought us back from the brink but is their model of ownership enough to take us forward? pep has been backed by his owners soending wise if only klopp would have had the same backing by our owners i have no dought that klopp would be more successful.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2937: Sep 08, 2022 06:28:34 am
      Agreed, some real racism in here along with the ‘you have memory loss’ some people really need to be humbled

Racism  :roll:   :f_doh: I can give you a written guarantee Aussie Red is no way a racist in any shape or form. Like many on here frustrations can get a little high after a bad loss but calling him racist is bang out of order. 

You really need to think before posting, you’ll upset a lot of posters with these type of remarks.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #2938: Sep 08, 2022 06:53:54 am
      Racism  :roll:   :f_doh: I can give you a written guarantee Aussie Red is no way a racist in any shape or form. Like many on here frustrations can get a little high after a bad loss but calling him racist is bang out of order. 

You really need to think before posting, you’ll upset a lot of posters with these type of remarks.

If i made that statement at my work,  my next meeting would be with HR, just be mindful of comments, we dont know peoples backgrounds - am originally from s.africa and throughout my life, you hear throwaway comments from people that actually have little understanding of the country or culture
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #2939: Sep 08, 2022 07:36:42 am

Maybe others should think before posting - would that comment be said about any other continent?

I lived in South Africa for 5 years and racism is far deeper than just blatant overt comments that are obviously racist.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #2940: Sep 08, 2022 07:43:37 am
      Just read over the bosses comments - don’t really see what’s so wrong with them tbh.

It’s clear something is amiss and the lads look exhausted only a few games into the season. Think the boss has a job on his hands and we need to get through to Jan and get some fresh blood on just to give us some momentum if anything else.

James Milner cannot be starting champions league games for us at 37, it’s ludicrous.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #2941: Sep 08, 2022 07:56:18 am
      Just read over the bosses comments - don’t really see what’s so wrong with them tbh.

It’s clear something is amiss and the lads look exhausted only a few games into the season. Think the boss has a job on his hands and we need to get through to Jan and get some fresh blood on just to give us some momentum if anything else.

James Milner cannot be starting champions league games for us at 37, it’s ludicrous.

Hes going to have to break routine and look to buy a couple of starters in jan, klopp always likes to slowly integrate with a full pre-season

Am actually scared for top 4, but any other manager in this position would start to feel like a dead man walking, with klopp, hes got out support and time
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #2942: Sep 08, 2022 07:59:27 am
      Hes going to have to break routine and look to buy a couple of starters in jan, klopp always likes to slowly integrate with a full pre-season

Am actually scared for top 4, but any other manager in this position would start to feel like a dead man walking, with klopp, hes got out support and time

Yeah - the fans are going to have Klopp’s back and the owners know they won’t get a better man for their model than Klopp, so I don’t think he’s under pressure at all.

Think it was Bill Shankly who built his first great team and held on to them too long, took a bad defeat and broke it up and built a second great team. I’ve no doubt Jürgen can do the same if given the time and resources to do it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5049 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2943: Sep 08, 2022 10:14:05 am

I wouldn’t bother mate there seems to have been a explosion of bellends & snowflakes recently on these boards, nothing is safe anymore from the woke brigade where it has actually come to the point where you need to consult a human rights lawyer before you type , how has it come to this ??

Quick Reply