Trending Topics

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 456788 times
      Shanks Red Pony, KeepTheFaith and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3772: Jan 10, 2023 05:12:10 pm
      I just think the owners and klopp have mis-judged how quickly our central midfielders have lost form and pace.

Dont think its anything more sinister than that.

I get that in a way.
      Last season they nearly won everything.
      But we see even with City there's a bit of a drop after 4 years of LFC v City.
      Not just Liverpool that's dropped off a bit.

But I've said it before. Ox and Keita are the players at the age group that should be performing for us.
      Having them both largely out due to injuries has created big problems with us.
      Especially with Henderson not having the legs to cover the ground he did at his peak.

We're still in a position were you could be looking at 3-4 midfielders gone in the summer.
      On that basis alone there should have been another player in to avoid this mess.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3773: Jan 11, 2023 10:03:32 am
      I get that in a way.
      Last season they nearly won everything.
      But we see even with City there's a bit of a drop after 4 years of LFC v City.
      Not just Liverpool that's dropped off a bit.

But I've said it before. Ox and Keita are the players at the age group that should be performing for us.
      Having them both largely out due to injuries has created big problems with us.
      Especially with Henderson not having the legs to cover the ground he did at his peak.

We're still in a position were you could be looking at 3-4 midfielders gone in the summer.
      On that basis alone there should have been another player in to avoid this mess.

Ox & Naby have been massive let downs Injury wise, such a shame as they are both brilliant footi players.

Perhaps loyality has got in the way with those 2, and not so easy to move injured players on.

Jones has also been unlucky recently, he should have been playing much more but for injuries.

The form of Fabhino is the biggest alarm for me personally.

Its basically been a clusterfuk of all sorts of thing going wrong since the champions league final.

We will be back though mate. No doubts, just might take a wee while.

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3774: Jan 11, 2023 10:14:06 am
      Ox & Naby have been massive let downs Injury wise, such a shame as they are both brilliant footi players.

Perhaps loyality has got in the way with those 2, and not so easy to move injured players on.

Jones has also been unlucky recently, he should have been playing much more but for injuries.

The form of Fabhino is the biggest alarm for me personally.

Its basically been a clusterfuk of all sorts of thing going wrong since the champions league final.

We will be back though mate. No doubts, just might take a wee while.

YNWA

I think with Fabinho it's that now he's having to cover more space with the absence of Keita and Hendo not having the legs he used to.
      Get the right players around him and he'll be fine.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3775: Jan 11, 2023 10:42:53 am
      I think with Fabinho it's that now he's having to cover more space with the absence of Keita and Hendo not having the legs he used to.
      Get the right players around him and he'll be fine.

Aye could be. And when elliott plays he is further forward so more ground to cover.

Like others have suggested a tweak in the system could help.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #3776: Jan 13, 2023 08:57:55 am
      Quote from -LFC-
      I have thought this at times too. We don't have the legs to press like we used to. We do have midfielders who are intelligent and can pick a pass. Darwin is great for counter attacking football. A bit more willingness to adapt to our current strengths and weaknesses would be nice. Certainly in the cups and tougher league games I think it makes sense to be a bit more cautious and Rafa-like in our set up.

How many league titles did that win us? How many big away league games did it win us?

Nunez would be getting the Robbie Keane treatment by now in a Rafa set up, because if a new signing didn't hit the ground running, he was dropped, then discarded. While Fabinho would be threatened with the transfer list for prioritising his wife over a game v Leicester. Xabi Alonso can explain to him what that involves.

If you want to do anything in this league, you have to want to score goals and win games. You have to win 30 games a year just to hope to win the league nowadays. So sitting back and soaking up pressure isn't the way to go about it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3777: Jan 13, 2023 09:08:05 am
      We dont have to do anything to drastic, just cut out the mistakes and start winning the battles again. The rest will come. A tweak to formation may help, 2 sitting MF rather than the 1. etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3778: Jan 13, 2023 09:16:53 am

If you want to do anything in this league, you have to want to score goals and win games.

No sh!t sherlock, that’s a new one on me.  :f_whistle:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3779: Jan 13, 2023 12:19:41 pm
      Pretty much confirming in his press conference there will no new signings this window.
      We are well and truly screwed.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,721 posts | 153 
      Reply #3780: Jan 13, 2023 12:22:02 pm
      I'm fine with missing out top 4 if the FSG F**k off when the season ends and we get the next summer to rebuild the squad under new owners. If they don't, then it's going to be a disaster for us.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Reply #3781: Jan 13, 2023 12:22:58 pm
      JK is losing the team.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #3782: Jan 13, 2023 12:33:29 pm
      I see no evidence of that. This is a wild statement, almost QAnon in it's validity.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #3783: Jan 13, 2023 01:01:49 pm
      Sounded quite frustrated in that presser.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #3784: Jan 13, 2023 01:12:05 pm
      I'm fine with missing out top 4 if the FSG f**k off when the season ends and we get the next summer to rebuild the squad under new owners. If they don't, then it's going to be a disaster for us.

Missing the champions league is a disaster. It is a vicious circle. We have seen it in 2009. As it took almost 7-8 years to establish ourselves as a regular CL team. Same with Arsenal who missed the CL at the end of Arsene’s era and they have still not come back into the CL. In all probability this season could be an exception like our 2014

The rebuilding starts after that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #3785: Jan 13, 2023 01:54:46 pm
      I know he's frustrated with the questions, but it's like he glosses over the fact that our midfield is sh*t right now. he's talking about injuries to the attackers. At this point, I don't think it's attack that's necessarily our big problem. There is so much in flux right now, between injuries, key backroom people leaving, the club up for sale. It's a bonafide sh*t show, let's just hope it doesn't gain promotion to a full fledged dumpster fire.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #3786: Jan 13, 2023 02:25:42 pm
      'Do I have to tell you again?' - Every word of Jürgen Klopp's answer after being irritated by Liverpool transfer question
      Jürgen Klopp gives latest on Liverpool in press conference ahead of trip to Brighton in Premier League

ByTheo SquiresLiverpool FC Writer
      12:36, 13 JAN 2023 UPDATED12:38, 13 JAN 2023

Jürgen Klopp reacted passionately after being asked why Liverpool would not be able to strengthen their squad further in this month's transfer window, having seemingly ruled out the possibility of the Reds signing any more players this January.

Stung by injuries and struggling so far this season, with plenty said about their midfield woes, Liverpool have already brought in Cody Gakpo in an initial £37m deal from PSV Eindhoven this month. But the Reds currently sit seventh in the Premier League table, seven points off the top four with their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League in increasing doubt as a result.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Reds' trip to Brighton, the German confirmed that he doesn't expect Liverpool to complete anymore transfers this month.

"I don't think so. It's just the situation," he told reporters. "It's like it is. My job is to use the boys we have. That's it. I have absolutely no problem. I like the teams we line up.

"But then when we start changing, you realise upfront we don't have three, four or five options. If we have options, they are pretty young immediately. It's fine but it's the situation. You cannot solve all problems in the transfer window. I know in a dream land you would just buy players now and bring them in but I don't see that coming."

He added: "Even when nobody wants to hear it, everyone asks can you win this? Can you win that?

"The only thing we have to win is the next game. That's what we have to do. We cannot sort the problems like the other teams do. I know I have said that a couple of times. We do it our way. We squeeze everything out and then we will win football games again, I'm sure."

But then when he was asked why Liverpool weren't able to sign anymore players in January, Klopp took issue with the line of questioning as he delivered a furious response. Here's every word of the German's impassioned two-minute rant...

"I have, I think, 6,000 press conferences at Liverpool. And you were pretty much part of 5,999. In different seats, obviously, but you were always there.

"If you want to write or whatever, today you don't write, today you just record but come on. Now I have to tell you again the money story? Really? Really, do I have to tell it again? What could be the reason that we have money like crazy but we don't buy the players even when they are available? That's what you think of me? After all the years?

"Then why do you ask the question when the answer lies on the table? I really don't understand that. I really don't understand that. You stand here or you drove here, I don't know how you came here but now you stand here and this is the question now. You know the answer.

"If I was to sit here and answer, 'No, no, we have money in the bank, massively that we don't know what to do with, but the players out there are, nah! Nah, we don't do that, nah!'

"On top of that we have the problem in the moment that four of our offensive players are injured. Our strikers. So now we buy another one then they come back, thankfully. Not tomorrow, but they will come back. Darwin soon, the others a little bit later. And we have seven strikers then.

"We couldn't even put them all on the Champions League list. We had to make a decision. Who goes on the new one and the other one. Stuff like this. It's just not that easy. That's why I say you cannot solve the problems, especially with injuries.

"Injuries, that's the main big shadow on all of us because you cannot solve it in the transfer window. Sometimes you have to but usually we just have to get through until the boys come back and then you can use them again. That's how it is.

"That's why in an ideal world, in our best season, we didn't have a lot of injuries. And it was much more intense than it is now. All these kinds of things but now we have them and we have to deal with that.

"But the transfer market is not for us in this moment. Obviously not the solution. But if something is out there and somebody tells me, 'Yes', we will do it. But for this specific situation I don't think it will happen."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/do-tell-you-again-every-25967854
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2023 02:49:48 pm by ruthcity »
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #3787: Jan 13, 2023 02:27:41 pm
      I'm fine with missing out top 4 if the FSG f**k off when the season ends and we get the next summer to rebuild the squad under new owners. If they don't, then it's going to be a disaster for us.

I look forward to when the club gets sold, we become another City and Chelsea, spend hundreds of millions, then have a season like Chelsea is having. What will the excuse become? we might need to create a poll when the time comes.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #3788: Jan 13, 2023 02:29:15 pm

Don't think he is, but there is a shelf life for every coach. Eventually players get fatigued of the same voice, training, system, etc.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #3789: Jan 13, 2023 02:31:15 pm
      I know he's frustrated with the questions, but it's like he glosses over the fact that our midfield is sh*t right now. he's talking about injuries to the attackers. At this point, I don't think it's attack that's necessarily our big problem. There is so much in flux right now, between injuries, key backroom people leaving, the club up for sale. It's a bonafide sh*t show, let's just hope it doesn't gain promotion to a full fledged dumpster fire.

You need to put yourself in his shoes, he’s just protecting the players - if he says ‘the midfield needs work’ then that demotivates the players.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #3790: Jan 13, 2023 02:39:05 pm
      You need to put yourself in his shoes, he’s just protecting the players - if he says ‘the midfield needs work’ then that demotivates the players.

Of course but I have a feeling that Jürgen isn't as keen to rework the midfield as many of us would be after this season.

He's very loyal and doesn't like a lot of change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #3791: Jan 13, 2023 02:40:34 pm
      Of course but I have a feeling that Jürgen isn't as keen to rework the midfield as many of us would be after this season.

He's very loyal and doesn't like a lot of change.

The way I take his responses are that he's frustrated and it makes him more frustrated to have to basically be called out about it. It's like when you have a glaring weakness or insecurity, the last thing you want is for someone else to highlight it. I could be wrong, I'm not in his shoes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3792: Jan 13, 2023 03:05:11 pm
      Nunez would be getting the Robbie Keane treatment by now in a Rafa set up, because if a new signing didn't hit the ground running, he was dropped, then discarded. While Fabinho would be threatened with the transfer list for prioritising his wife over a game v Leicester. Xabi Alonso can explain to him what that involves.

Robbie Keane bought by Rick Parry, instead of buying the player Rafa wanted!!

And Xabi Alonso who had to be sold to pay off the £30 million amount that was servicing the loan taken out by G & H. Xabi leaving had F**k all to do with the Inter Milan decision divvy. He was sold, because there would of been a riot had Gerrard or Torres been sold. He was the only saleable asset that would of brought in £30 million apart from Nando and Gerrard.

If you gonna spin yarns, at least make them believable soft arse!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3793: Jan 13, 2023 03:07:51 pm

Oh F**k off with that sh*t you stupid c**t!! F***ing hell talk about doing the job of the opposition

F***ing fed up with that sh*t when it was "Rafa has lost the dressing room" but to accuse Jürgen of it just smacks of attention seeking.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3794: Jan 13, 2023 03:27:02 pm
      Too many on here & socials losing their sh1t about a poor run, and bad luck with injuries.

Sh1t happens !!!

We will fight to the end of the season no matter who is in the team and whoever is fit.

YNWA

Quick Reply