Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Community Shield Winner?

Liverpool
      40 (56.3%)
      Man City
      13 (18.3%)
      Liverpool on Pens
      18 (25.4%)
      City on Pens
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

2019 FA Community Shield: Liverpool vs Man City Sun 4th Aug. KO 3pm

Read 32977 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      2019 FA Community Shield: Liverpool vs Man City Sun 4th Aug. KO 3pm
      Jul 29, 2019 02:24:37 pm

2019 FA Community Shield

Liverpool vs Man City

The 2019 FA Community Shield will be the 97th FA Community Shield, an annual football match played between the winners of the previous season's Premier League and FA Cup.As Manchester City won both competitions in 2019, their opponents will be the 2018–19 Premier League runners-up, Liverpool.

It will be contested at Wembley Stadium and Manchester City will go into the match as the defending champions, having won the 2018 FA Community Shield.

Liverpool have won this 15 times, with City 5, the Referee will be Referee Martin Atkinson.

Your "Team Builder" is here: https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?action=lineup
      Oddschecker have City down for the Favorits for some reason.
      The game will be shown live on BT Sport 1 from 2:30pm

No team news yet, but Liverpool have confirmed a 29-man squad for this week's training camp in Evian.

The Reds are heading to France from Edinburgh today for a spell that will include a friendly against Lyon in Geneva on Wednesday night.

And Jürgen Klopp has been boosted by the involvement of Alisson Becker, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, Mohamed Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri in Evian.

Ryan Kent is absent due to the illness that forced him to miss Sunday’s game against Napoli and the midfielder will be assessed in Liverpool during the week.

Evian squad: Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Brewster, Duncan, Elliott, Fabinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Hoever, Keita, Lallana, Larouci, Lewis, Lonergan, Lovren, Matip, Mignolet, Milner, Ojrzynski, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Salah, Shaqiri, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Wilson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_FA_Community_Shield
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/358502-liverpool-confirm-squad-list-for-evian-training-camp
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2019 02:32:42 pm by RedPuppy »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: 2019 FA Community Shield: Liverpool vs Man City Sun 4th Aug. KO 3pm
      Reply #1: Jul 29, 2019 03:01:58 pm

2019 FA Community Shield

Liverpool vs Man City

The 2019 FA Community Shield will be the 97th FA Community Shield, an annual football match played between the winners of the previous season's Premier League and FA Cup.As Manchester City won both competitions in 2019, their opponents will be the 2018–19 Premier League runners-up, Liverpool.

It will be contested at Wembley Stadium and Manchester City will go into the match as the defending champions, having won the 2018 FA Community Shield.

Liverpool have won this 15 times, with City 5, the Referee will be Referee Martin Atkinson.

Your "Team Builder" is here: https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?action=lineup
      Oddschecker have City down for the Favorits for some reason.
      The game will be shown live on BT Sport 1 from 2:30pm

No team news yet, but Liverpool have confirmed a 29-man squad for this week's training camp in Evian.

The Reds are heading to France from Edinburgh today for a spell that will include a friendly against Lyon in Geneva on Wednesday night.

And Jürgen Klopp has been boosted by the involvement of Alisson Becker, Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, Mohamed Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri in Evian.

Ryan Kent is absent due to the illness that forced him to miss Sunday’s game against Napoli and the midfielder will be assessed in Liverpool during the week.

Evian squad: Alexander-Arnold, Alisson, Brewster, Duncan, Elliott, Fabinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Hoever, Keita, Lallana, Larouci, Lewis, Lonergan, Lovren, Matip, Mignolet, Milner, Ojrzynski, Origi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Salah, Shaqiri, Van den Berg, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Wilson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_FA_Community_Shield
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/358502-liverpool-confirm-squad-list-for-evian-training-camp

I fear an arse kicking in this game a proper humiliation, 6-0 to citeh which then sets the tone for our season. I really really hope I'm wrong but unless we are 100% better than the shitshow yesterday then it will be bad.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2: Jul 29, 2019 03:04:35 pm

I fear an arse kicking in this game a proper humiliation, 6-0 to citeh which then sets the tone for our season. I really really hope I'm wrong but unless we are 100% better than the shitshow yesterday then it will be bad.

Can you not just press the mute button for one day and save us from this depressive sh*te
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2019 03:15:06 pm
      Not sure what kind of shape Firmino and Salah are going to be in, and obviously without Sadio Mane then this looks a tough prospect.

Living in hope rather than expectation for this fixture.  Think this will be the first Community Shield I've watched in a long time.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #4: Jul 29, 2019 03:21:37 pm
      Not sure what kind of shape Firmino and Salah are going to be in, and obviously without Sadio Mane then this looks a tough prospect.

Living in hope rather than expectation for this fixture.  Think this will be the first Community Shield I've watched in a long time.

Last one, 2006 may be?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5: Jul 29, 2019 03:24:51 pm

I think so, think that is the match Riise scored when he went end to end run with nice striker off the left foot vs Chelsea
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6: Jul 29, 2019 03:29:47 pm
      As long as I see a performance, I don't really care.

This game could tell a lot about the players basically on trial at the moment. Can Harry Wilson perform against the best team in the country, etc.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7: Jul 29, 2019 03:31:05 pm
      I think so, think that is the match Riise scored when he went end to end run with nice striker off the left foot vs Chelsea

Correct. The last piece of silverware picked up in the Benitez era.

Mad to think we won nothing major with him after the Gerrard final in 2006.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2019 03:38:15 pm
      Correct. The last piece of silverware picked up in the Benitez era.

Mad to think we won nothing major with him after the Gerrard final in 2006.

Because on February 6, 2007, H&G took over.

Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2019 03:41:00 pm
      My first time at Wembley watching Liverpool... can’t wait!

anyone know the Liverpool pubs to go in?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2019 04:31:35 pm
      Because on February 6, 2007, H&G took over.

The players didn't automatically turn sh*te the moment they took over.

We were a pretty decent side from 2007 to 2009. We just never got over the line.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2019 04:36:26 pm

We did OK’ish in the semi against Barca without Salah & Firmino..😎

First trophy collection on Sunday..👍🏼🏆
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2019 04:47:21 pm
       3-1 to us. Origi hatrick  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2019 04:48:12 pm

What odds will you give me for us losing five goals or fewer?  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2019 04:49:29 pm
      My first time at Wembley watching Liverpool... can’t wait!

anyone know the Liverpool pubs to go in?

you will hear them before you see them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2019 04:50:22 pm

don't worry your always wrong. 6-0 to City and you dare call yourself a Red. Pathetic
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #16: Jul 29, 2019 05:04:50 pm

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Jul 29, 2019 05:36:33 pm
      My first time at Wembley watching Liverpool... can’t wait
      [end/]

I'd say the green man and that Bobby Moore bar, but off top of my head can't remember which side they were. I imagine Wembley way and just outside the ground will be busy too.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #18: Jul 29, 2019 05:49:28 pm

I'm both sad and stunned to have to read this sh*t from a "supporter" on this board.  Another one for the ignore list then....
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #19: Jul 29, 2019 09:16:17 pm
      With 4 of our best players on extended summer holiday, this one will be tough.  We may win, we may lose... but at the end of the day, this is little more than a glorified friendly.  Nobody gloats about how many Charity Shields they have in their trophy cabinet.  It is the last warm up to the season opener.  I hope we win, but it won't be the end of the world if we lose. 

I am confident that we will be competitive and we will give City a good match.  At the end of the match, one really good team will be the winner, another really good team will be the loser, and both teams will go on to challenge for the 2020 PL title. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20: Jul 29, 2019 09:20:51 pm
      What odds will you give me for us losing five goals or fewer?  ;D

I'd be delighted if we win and hopefully Jürgen can whip the boys into shape but if we play as bad as we did against Napoli then Citeh will win very easily and possibly by a big margin, but I'm starting to think we might shock them, I really hope so.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jul 29, 2019 09:22:22 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Jul 29, 2019 09:25:07 pm
      I'm both sad and stunned to have to read this sh*t from a "supporter" on this board.  Another one for the ignore list then....

Stunned by what? I'm saying I FEAR that result not that I want it ffs, is that not allowed, must it just be endless F***ing optimism despite all the sh*t preseason performances? What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Quick Reply