Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (22/09/19 - 16:30)

Read 13104 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (22/09/19 - 16:30)
      Sep 20, 2019 10:17:26 am

A difficult game no matter what way you look at it. Chelsea have stuttered so far this season but have looked good at times - they were the better team in the Super Cup possibly!

The lads will want to bounce back after the Napoli defeat as will Chelsea after their defeat. If we play to our potential we should have too much. 1-2 to the Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (22/09/19 - 16:30)
      Reply #1: Sep 20, 2019 10:35:03 am

A difficult game no matter what way you look at it. Chelsea have stuttered so far this season but have looked good at times - they were the better team in the Super Cup possibly!

The lads will want to bounce back after the Napoli defeat as will Chelsea after their defeat. If we play to our potential we should have too much. 1-2 to the Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Yep agree with that line up would be very surprised  if different
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Sep 20, 2019 11:39:10 am

I'm happy with that lineup and I think we should be able to win, IF our front three can play together, because on Tuesday they looked like complete strangers. I think there may still be a bit of bad blood there and if so Klopp needs to sort it out pronto.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3: Sep 20, 2019 12:32:21 pm
      Looking forward to this as i think we will come out all guns blazing after Tuesdays cheat fest.

The famous and deadly front 3 to all grab one each.

0-3 Redmen

F**k off Chelsea!

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4: Sep 20, 2019 12:52:29 pm
      I'm happy with that lineup and I think we should be able to win, IF our front three can play together, because on Tuesday they looked like complete strangers. I think there may still be a bit of bad blood there and if so Klopp needs to sort it out pronto.

Do you think ? If anything I thought they were trying too hard to pass to each other at times and over compensated . I'm not sure there is any bad blood but can play much better than they did
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Sep 20, 2019 01:05:07 pm
      Do you think ? If anything I thought they were trying too hard to pass to each other at times and over compensated . I'm not sure there is any bad blood but can play much better than they did

Could be you are right, certainly hope so but in any case on Tuesday they played liek strangers, it was quite weird, perhaps it was over compensating as you say.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #6: Sep 20, 2019 01:16:19 pm
      If there is any bad blood, hopefully they will have got over it in the last game and get back to normal.

1-3

CMON you Redmen!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7: Sep 20, 2019 01:46:39 pm
      If there is any bad blood, hopefully they will have got over it in the last game and get back to normal.

1-3

CMON you Redmen!!!

There's no "bad blood", just the usual wum trying to stir up sh*t because he thinks it's clever.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Sep 20, 2019 02:33:53 pm
      There's no "bad blood", just the usual wum trying to stir up sh*t because he thinks it's clever.

Did you miss the post where I actually corrected myself and acknowledged the other poster was right that it might in fact be the reverse and that the players are trying to over compensate, nah of course not, that wouldn't fit into your narrow minded vindictive narrative would it, bully boy!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Sep 20, 2019 02:41:19 pm
      Sneaky suspicion Gomez will start ahead of Matip. From what I remember, Matip struggled against them in the Super Cup and I don’t think he had a particularly good game vs Napoli for large parts. He tends to struggle against the quicker players and the way Pulisic always seems to rip into us and cause us problems, I expect he will start on Sunday, Abraham is no slouch either so Gomez gives us that bit of extra pace in defence. I don’t think Chelsea are a massive aerial threat so think it makes sense to go with Gomez. Matip is a bit slow on the turn and Chelsea exposed that quite a bit a few weeks back so would no doubt look to do the same again.

Nothing against Matip, he’s been rock solid for a while now, I just think this game would suit Gomez better, just like there are games that are better suited to go with Matip.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Sep 20, 2019 03:18:49 pm
      Sneaky suspicion Gomez will start ahead of Matip. From what I remember, Matip struggled against them in the Super Cup and I don’t think he had a particularly good game vs Napoli for large parts. He tends to struggle against the quicker players and the way Pulisic always seems to rip into us and cause us problems, I expect he will start on Sunday, Abraham is no slouch either so Gomez gives us that bit of extra pace in defence. I don’t think Chelsea are a massive aerial threat so think it makes sense to go with Gomez. Matip is a bit slow on the turn and Chelsea exposed that quite a bit a few weeks back so would no doubt look to do the same again.

Nothing against Matip, he’s been rock solid for a while now, I just think this game would suit Gomez better, just like there are games that are better suited to go with Matip.

Could be.They are a young side with plenty of buzz around the box.So we will need to be sharp and quick to deny them space. Lampard is a good motivator.Probably be England manager somewhere down the line.

Any drop off by us and it could go  wrong. But if we pitch up with our A game esp the front 3, we should get out of there with the points.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #11: Sep 20, 2019 04:28:50 pm

Cant see him changing it to TBH I like Gomez and obviously he is the long term option obviously will play next week against MK Don's but not sure Sunday
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Sep 20, 2019 04:46:54 pm
      'Stamford bridge is falling down,falling down falling down, Stamford bridge is falling down F**k Off Chelsea, Fat Frank won't keep them keep them up and F**k them up, Fat Frank will F**k them up,

F**k OFF CHELSEA!!!

Hate this f***in plastic Shitty f***in club, with  passion, they are KUNTS, every f***in one of them shithouse racist so called fans......Anyhoo....

Adrian
            Trent Matip VvD Robertson
                               Fabinho
                 Oxlade              Wijnaldom
                     Salah             Mane
                                Firmino

Lets get into these fuckers straight from the KO, teach them a f***in lesson, hammer 2 or 3 past them then get tae F**k out of that shitehole !!

0-2 Champions Elect

YNWA

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #13: Sep 20, 2019 05:40:13 pm
      Big game for both sides with them and us coming off of a Champions League defeat midweek. Mount is out injured for them I believe which is a bonus for us. They look very suspect at the back so I think we'll score a couple. Only problem is we haven't looked great either and look like conceding. I think there will be goals and we'll win a close one 3-2.

As for the line-up, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez come in for this one. I also think that Ox will start, Klopp clearly loves him and is trying to play him back into some form. He offers something different from midfield (as does Keita) so think he will get the nod for this one.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #14: Sep 20, 2019 05:56:45 pm
      'Stamford bridge is falling down,falling down falling down, Stamford bridge is falling down F**k Off Chelsea, Fat Frank won't keep them keep them up and F**k them up, Fat Frank will F**k them up,

F**k OFF CHELSEA!!!

Hate this f***in plastic Shitty f***in club, with  passion, they are KUNTS, every f***in one of them shithouse racist so called fans......Anyhoo....

Adrian
            Trent Matip VvD Robertson
                               Fabinho
                 Oxlade              Wijnaldom
                     Salah             Mane
                                Firmino

Lets get into these fuckers straight from the KO, teach them a f***in lesson, hammer 2 or 3 past them then get tae F**k out of that shitehole !!

0-2 Champions Elect

YNWA

I wouldn’t hold anything back Billy , show a bit of passion man🤣🤣 hope we smash the cnuts but can see it being a tight affair .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Sep 20, 2019 06:34:30 pm
      I wouldn’t hold anything back Billy , show a bit of passion man🤣🤣 hope we smash the cnuts but can see it being a tight affair .

Andy lad, I'm just telling how it is, only Mancs & Thatcher/Tories rank above these kunts, in my hate league ,....f***in Burn them, racist bas**rds..

.....and Breath!!

YNWA

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Sep 20, 2019 06:35:50 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: Sep 20, 2019 06:54:27 pm
      Cant see him changing it to TBH I like Gomez and obviously he is the long term option obviously will play next week against MK Don's but not sure Sunday

Whoever is chosen at least it’s now a case of quality replacing quality unlike a few years back when it was a case of who was just slightly less crap than the other.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #18: Sep 20, 2019 07:17:20 pm
      Compare our away games against quality opponents! When did we good, when did we bad:

good: one game (Spurs last season)
      bad: any other game, City, Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, Barca, Napoli 2x, PSG...

Our odds are pretty slim. We do not play well on the road against quality. So I'm OK with a draw here and hopefully Jürgen also recognizes this depressing pattern and can do something about it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19: Sep 20, 2019 07:27:48 pm
      Just watching the build up to tonight game Carra saying record against top 6 last 12 away games we have won 1 drawn 6 and lost 5 pretty dammimg
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Sep 20, 2019 08:08:42 pm
      Compare our away games against quality opponents! When did we good, when did we bad:

good: one game (Spurs last season)
      bad: any other game, City, Chelsea, ManU, Arsenal, Barca, Napoli 2x, PSG...

Our odds are pretty slim. We do not play well on the road against quality. So I'm OK with a draw here and hopefully Jürgen also recognizes this depressing pattern and can do something about it.

Just watching the build up to tonight game Carra saying record against top 6 last 12 away games we have won 1 drawn 6 and lost 5 pretty dammimg

Means nothing. Last season we would have been favourites going into every game apart from the City away game because I think the season before we had smashed it against the top group of teams if I remember rightly.

Form and odds go out the window in these type of games so for me it’s no different, expect nothing but a win.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #21: Sep 20, 2019 08:47:47 pm
      Expect a tight win for us by the odd goal, depending on Kante not playing.

But you just know he will make a miraculous recovery!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #22: Sep 20, 2019 09:16:50 pm
      Difficult game ahead, at Stamford Bridge. May have to settle for a  draw, please Reds, prove me wrong !

Quick Reply