Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Adrián
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (0.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      45 (39.8%)
       Fabinho
      5 (4.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      52 (46%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (0.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Oct 09, 2019 04:54:05 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 41298 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Oct 05, 2019 09:20:55 pm
      yes but both he and Trent need to learn how to finish, honestly a couple of sessions with the forwards or striker coach, if we have one, would do wonders for them, we must get more clinical in our finishing

we should of been 2 to 3 up b4 they got theirs in the last few games we have missed a few

but so happy for the win 
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #323: Oct 05, 2019 09:24:05 pm
      Played well, no brain farts, a bit unlucky not to get the block in when they scored.

He did alright didn’t he, I think it was a good call to sit Gomez down for this one.
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #324: Oct 05, 2019 09:39:42 pm
      Perez is a real winner. He can’t lose. Great attitude. Great character. Can’t stand losing. When you lose, you fight not till the end but even afterwards. When you don’t win, you kill your opponent. Rare individual. Great sportsmanship.

Build a team of Perez and an entire fan base of Perez, losing every match would most assuredly end in a riot...

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1180513654762037248

Think Evans was their MOTM. They paid £30m for Perez but he started on the bench so he hasn't impressed Rodgers that much.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #325: Oct 05, 2019 09:48:13 pm
      Perez the big man kicking off after he’s been pulled away, tool.

They showed what sh*t houses they are today and makes the win even sweeter!

How VAR didn’t even look at the foul on Salah is beyond me, Salah was lucky not to come out of that with a broken ankle.
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #326: Oct 05, 2019 09:54:33 pm
      Perez the big man kicking off after he’s been pulled away, tool.

They showed what sh*t houses they are today and makes the win even sweeter!

How VAR didn’t even look at the foul on Salah is beyond me, Salah was lucky not to come out of that with a broken ankle.

They are setting the bar to high in terms of what is a clear and obvious error. They are loath to overturn refs decisions. Doubt they'll change it this season and some might say VAR shouldn't undermine the ref anyway
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #327: Oct 05, 2019 10:06:12 pm
      They are setting the bar to high in terms of what is a clear and obvious error. They are loath to overturn refs decisions. Doubt they'll change it this season and some might say VAR shouldn't undermine the ref anyway

Napoli's pen last week was much less of a penalty than Mane's today.  Offsides are relatively straightforward and they seem to have that cracked. 

Seems pretty clear that when it comes to pens if the ref has given it and there is the slightest contact then it stays as a pen.

Not sure what was happening with Perez at the end.  Thought he was going for Lallana at first (something to do with after we scored the pen) but then it seems like Robbo weighed in.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #328: Oct 05, 2019 10:14:54 pm
      Napoli's pen last week was much less of a penalty than Mane's today.  Offsides are relatively straightforward and they seem to have that cracked. 

Seems pretty clear that when it comes to pens if the ref has given it and there is the slightest contact then it stays as a pen.

Not sure what was happening with Perez at the end.  Thought he was going for Lallana at first (something to do with after we scored the pen) but then it seems like Robbo weighed in.

Lallana had a spat with Schmeichel and the CBs after the goal

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/1180537108563468289?s=19
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #329: Oct 05, 2019 10:20:14 pm
      Awesome 3pts
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #330: Oct 05, 2019 10:28:13 pm

Yeah and how hard did he work today.Top top player for us.

Boss really pissed off over the Choudhury foul. But think they only give red if they go over the top. Looked like a dead leg for Mo.
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #331: Oct 05, 2019 10:36:20 pm

Looks that way doesn't it.But what they don't seem to realise is that players are quick enough to catch on and will exaggerate the slightest touch. That brings into play the divers..Dele Alli and Kane.They'll all still try it on. VAR was supposed to stop the cheats. I can't see them changing tack mid season so we'll get bad decisions going against us somewhere down the line. Already had one or two.
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #332: Oct 05, 2019 11:07:27 pm
      Shearer claims Mane dived but he was fouled as he was going to lay it off for goal scoring chance.He was knocked off balance by the foul from behind,VAR could clearly see there WAS significant contact. Mane might've gone to ground with his arms outstrentched but is he supposed to stay on his feet when knocked off balance.

VAR concentrated on the contact..the foul..how players react after being fouled is immaterial.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 2836 
      Reply #333: Oct 05, 2019 11:17:00 pm
      Just a Leicester love in having with Lineker being on there, the rest of them talking sh*te as well.

Clear contact on Mane, all forwards would go down there because of it and it's rightly a penalty. As for Choudhury, under the current rules I've got no problem with him stopping Salah but there was absolutely no need for him to do with such force. He's got previous and I think you can make a good case for it being a red.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #334: Oct 05, 2019 11:21:18 pm
      Very edge of the seat today. Glad to come away with all three, think we were a bit lucky to get 3. Penalty could have gone either way honestly. You could argue it was or wasn’t. Was sure glad to have Millie in to take it though.

Refereeing was crap, LC resorted to Italian tactics (rolling around embellishing) once they saw they couldn’t break us down. How you review Trents foul but not the one on Salah is beyond me. There was also a clear offside that they let go and it ended in a corner which should have never happened.

Thought we really lacked sharpness on some of our through balls and almost think this thing between Mo and Mane.....they are trying too hard to prove they are best buds and want to share. Thought they both should have been more selfish a few times today.

Glad for 3 points overall, winning games like this are what win you titles.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,698 posts | 3937 
      Reply #335: Oct 05, 2019 11:25:25 pm
      Just a Leicester love in having with Lineker being on there, the rest of them talking sh*te as well.

Clear contact on Mane, all forwards would go down there because of it and it's rightly a penalty. As for Choudhury, under the current rules I've got no problem with him stopping Salah but there was absolutely no need for him to do with such force. He's got previous and I think you can make a good case for it being a red.

It’s really annoying me, yes the force is not enough to sweep Mane off his feet but F**k me, he F***ing kicks the back of his leg - it’s a F***ing penalty, end of. ‘It’s a contact sport’ well bollocks to that, if that challenge was anywhere else on the pitch the ref calls it 100%. As someone mentioned above, that kick stopped Mane laying it off. I do think Mane’s reaction is slightly late but these days you have to react otherwise the ref won’t call it! It’s a F***ing foul and that’s that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #336: Oct 05, 2019 11:25:39 pm
      Stick that up your jacksy B.R.,you got what you deserved and class won over thuggery.I made Milner my M.O.M. for keeping his cool and putting the ball in the back of the net with the penalty.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #337: Oct 05, 2019 11:28:41 pm
      Was sure glad to have Millie in to take it though.

Noticed as soon as it was given Hendo had the ball and immediately went running over to Milner to give him the ball. Complete opposite to what goes on at some teams where players squabble over who takes it.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #338: Oct 05, 2019 11:32:09 pm
      Stick that up your jacksy B.R.,you got what you deserved and class won over thuggery

At the end when Klopp went over to the Kop to do his 3 fist pumps massively highlighted the difference between him and Rodgers. Always seemed like Rodgers was trying to be something he wasn’t with us, probably largely why many didn’t fully take with him. But with Klopp you just know that he is 100% committed and would give his all for this club. What you see is what you get and there was nothing false or planned about his celebration at the end. Something I don’t remember BR ever showing with us, always seemed as if he was trying to have that Jose look about him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #339: Oct 05, 2019 11:35:35 pm
      At the end when Klopp went over to the Kop to do his 3 fist pumps massively highlighted the difference between him and Rodgers. Always seemed like Rodgers was trying to be something he wasn’t with us, probably largely why many didn’t fully take with him. But with Klopp you just know that he is 100% committed and would give his all for this club. What you see is what you get and there was nothing false or planned about his celebration at the end. Something I don’t remember BR ever showing with us, always seemed as if he was trying to have that Jose look about him.

That is exactly how I see the difference between Jürgen and Rodgers.
      rossyred

• 9,304 posts | 1668 
      Reply #340: Oct 05, 2019 11:37:43 pm
      Kin 2 weeks to wait before next game and against the Scum , gonna drag like F**k
      rossyred

• 9,304 posts | 1668 
      Reply #341: Oct 05, 2019 11:40:03 pm
      Fab should have nailed Perez before he put Maddison  through or had he been booked earlier ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #342: Oct 05, 2019 11:41:15 pm
      Fab should have nailed Perez before he put Maddison  through or had he been booked earlier ?

He was already on a yellow. Also I think Adrian should be doing better with the shot to be honest.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #343: Oct 05, 2019 11:41:26 pm
      Anyone denying that was a pen  is either retarded or is anti Liverpool, a la shearer.
      Went for ice man for motm, not just for tucking the pen away, but the sublime ball to Mane to score.
      Good all round performance as well. Mane just being Mane, and Lovren making me eat my words.
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2019 09:16:46 am by GERNS »
      Harrisimo

• 8,318 posts | 1407 
      Reply #344: Oct 05, 2019 11:50:03 pm
      I don't think Leicester were overly physical. Yeah the Choudhury tackle was bad and could've been a red. Overall they gave it good go.Didn't park the bus. Perez got a bit over excited over Lallana's shirt but as Milly said they gave us a hard game.

Not a bad team, competetive as Rodgers said. I have no problem with Leicester today.Put up a good fight but came off second best.

Quick Reply