Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42472 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #115: May 25, 2020 11:50:04 am
      Honigstein is pretty reliable for German news, think he has a good relationship with Klopp if I remember correctly.

Still skeptical the club will want to spend that kind of money in this climate. But who knows.

If the AFCON is still scheduled for January then we might not have a choice.

Losing Salah and Mane with our current attacking options as it is will be absolutely massive.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #116: May 25, 2020 11:53:43 am
      If the AFCON is still scheduled for January then we might not have a choice.

Losing Salah and Mane with our current attacking options as it is will be absolutely massive.

The March qualifiers have been moved to August/September and the June ones to October so I wouldn't be surprised if the competition itself gets moved closer to summer. Plus, Egypt aren't doing too well in their group, they're not far behind but they need a couple of wins.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #117: May 26, 2020 11:28:57 am
      Can't wait to sign this lad we'll be so much more potent in the final third with all the chances we create that Timo will bang home.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #118: May 26, 2020 12:13:38 pm
      He is a must sign.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #119: May 26, 2020 01:17:26 pm
      Looks like are one big signing of the summer judging by how there are constant references in the Echo and Klopp supposedly skyping him for an informal chat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #120: May 26, 2020 04:46:48 pm
      Looks like are one big signing of the summer judging by how there are constant references in the Echo and Klopp supposedly skyping him for an informal chat.

That German reporter is pretty sound too isn’t he? As far as reliability goes, I think he’s right up there from what I’ve seen. Certainly seems a lot better than the crap we have over here like Ornstein, Maddock, Pearce etc.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #121: May 26, 2020 06:25:20 pm
      I’m pretty confident the lad is ours, he wants it, Klopp wants him, fans want him & owners to deliver acquire him..
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #122: May 27, 2020 06:20:23 pm
      The BILD i reporting we want to pay less than the release clause for Werner and RB are not interested in lowering the price.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopp-given-liverpool-transfer-18316727
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #123: May 27, 2020 10:29:14 pm
      Deal off it seems or more likely Edward's playing the game
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #124: May 28, 2020 12:09:25 am
      The BILD i reporting we want to pay less than the release clause for Werner and RB are not interested in lowering the price.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Jürgen-klopp-given-liverpool-transfer-18316727

Is Werner really not worth £50m in todays market?? Come on let's get this deal done.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #125: May 28, 2020 04:43:45 am
      How we apparently think he’s only worth £30 mil I don’t know... I think it’s bull, I think it’s done but they don’t want it announced until we know what’s happening with the league and corona...

Apparently we’re interested in Traore from Wolves too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #126: May 28, 2020 07:38:41 am
      How we apparently think he’s only worth £30 mil I don’t know... I think it’s bull, I think it’s done but they don’t want it announced until we know what’s happening with the league and corona...

Apparently we’re interested in Traore from Wolves too.

I think that’s coming from Maddock. From day 1 Maddock has done nothing but rubbish the Werner talk. All this from a man who first of all said we were happy with Karius as number 1 and will get chance to redeem himself to then a week later saying we aren’t signing Alisson and Danny Ward will be our number 1.

I’m not sure why Maddock thinks he is somehow well placed with the club to know what’s going on. Usually Pearce loves to say we aren’t after someone but the fact he’s said we are very much interested and that German bloke says we are after him holds more weight than what Maddock has to say. The fact he works for the Mirror pretty much says it all.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #127: May 28, 2020 08:17:28 am
      Maddock talks sh*te and he’s a must and bargain for £50 mil surely. If it’s true that Klopp is talking to him, it’s going to happen hopefully.

Traore from wolves is a tailor made player for the boss to work with and turn into a superstar imo.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #128: May 29, 2020 03:19:37 pm
      I can understand that with COVID-19 happening that clubs are less likely to throw money around because of the reduction in revenue and uncertainty what the 2020/21 season will look like. It will lower the value of players (I look at us planning on selling Wilson/Shaqiri I say those fee they were hoping to get are going to be reduced) but Werner case with the release clause that before COVID-19 it really was a steal (My opinion he worth 70m-80m). So even if you take account of value of players dropping to me he is worth 52m.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #129: May 29, 2020 03:40:51 pm
      Is Werner really not worth £50m in todays market?? Come on let's get this deal done.

It's just a negotiating tactic but I can't see Leipzig letting Timo go for less than £50 mill especially with other big clubs sniffing around him.

I'll be pretty disgusted if he signs for another club because we won't pay the asking price. I'm sure if Klopp really wants him we'll cough it up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #130: May 29, 2020 03:42:28 pm
      From The Guardian:

"Liverpool have not given up on signing Timo Werner this summer with Jürgen Klopp this week telling the board the Germany striker would be perfect for his team.

The runaway Premier League leaders have not made a bid for the 24-year-old while they deal with the coronavirus crisis. However, they are still keen to make the transfer happen and have been assured Werner will wait for Liverpool to make a decision before choosing his future club.

Werner’s representatives are aware of Liverpool’s situation. They have until 15 June to meet his release clause of €60m (£52.7m) – if there is no deal by that date Liverpool will have to negotiate a fee with Leipzig. Werner’s contract runs out in 2023."
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #131: Jun 01, 2020 11:30:52 pm
      Another goal for him tonight.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #132: Jun 01, 2020 11:36:28 pm

A very nice goal as well, his general movement is superb, I think he'll be a great addition to the team, really push Sadio and Mo for a place.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #133: Jun 03, 2020 04:21:06 pm
      We can sign Timo this week for £50 million.

That's amazing value for a top young striker in today's market.

Not sure what we're waiting for really.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #134: Jun 03, 2020 04:45:56 pm
      Either we take him now for £50m or next year for £36m. That's assuming he only wants to play for Jürgen and is willing to wait out. Insane value at £36m.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #135: Jun 03, 2020 08:17:49 pm
      Either we take him now for £50m or next year for £36m. That's assuming he only wants to play for Jürgen and is willing to wait out. Insane value at £36m.

Insane value at £50m,he'll be worth £100m in a few years
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #136: Jun 03, 2020 09:25:05 pm
      Insane value at £50m,he'll be worth £100m in a few years

But ......will we buy him
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #137: Jun 03, 2020 09:51:45 pm
      Absolute madness if the club are gambling over £14 mill. His value will rocket over £50 mill so why take the risk of losing him (if true of course?)

Quick Reply