Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban

Read 32490 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban
      Reply #46: Feb 15, 2020 12:35:59 am
      If this ban doesn't stick then they may as well just scrap the whole FFP rule.  There is no point forcing down the weaker teams when the big fish are let out of the net!

This could potentially set them back for years. They have high wages as it is and plan on spending big again, something they need the CL for to help balance the books...or attempt to in their case.

Aguero, KDB and several others are all either approaching 30 or in their 30s so could well want out to try and win what has eluded their careers. Not a chance Pep stays IMO so there is going to be one hell of a job for their next manager to get them back competing again.

Or maybe, the owners will now say they’ve had enough and then the club is really up the creek. 10 years on and they haven’t achieved the dominance they had expected. I doubt the owners would walk away but it is an outside possibility. Especially seeing as they will now see their reputations tarnished.

I think it has to have a longer term effect because if they are going to stick to FFP rules then they are going to struggle to keep their top players on wages alone.  They will need to start again when the ban is lifted.  And it is going to be harder after living through the consequences of breaching the rules.   Pep doesn't look comfortable this could be his passport to leave. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Feb 15, 2020 12:36:09 am
      Absolutely delusional that lot on blue moon. Never seen or read anything like it.

Waiting to hear something about John Henry being a Rosicrucianist or something. I like a little science fiction or fantasy reading but that was something else entirely!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Feb 15, 2020 06:06:00 am
      I AM POSITIVELY f***in PISSING MYSELF,

This is what happens when the Greedy bas**rds get even Greedier, this is what happens when Financial Muscle gets cramp, City and their Shaky Shiek owners have gotten their very avaricious fingers burnt,

I hope to F**k they do appeal, and I hope to F**k UEFA add another f***in year onto it for having the audacity to appeal in the Knowledge that they knew the were bending the f***in rules, appealing for me is like saying to UEFA, F**k you cu*ts,  we have Billions and can manipulate who the F**k we like, including those appeal judges, a wee luxury yacht here and there means F**k all to us,

If City and their Shaky Sheikdom want to preserve some credence, they should bury their collective heads in the Abu Dhabi sand, accept their punishment  and move the F**k on, but ....

Who the F**k gives a F**k, Greed needs to be punished, so F**k them, they got what they deserved , no CL for two f***in years, that’s Karma in a big Shiney F**k you ,

the bad news is, it  could give that other Scummy Manc Mob a open door to a CL spot, finishing 5th will take the spot City have so kindly donated, but it will be fun watching them take a very early bath,

Now, let’s have a bit of Golden Icing on the Cake, City make it to the final where..........

.....they face.......Us.... and we F**k them up good and proper by winning our SEVENTH, Whilst they , not only get fu**ed in the final, they will have two seasons  watching us continue our domination and can’t do F**k all about it...... and all their star players F**k off.... Pep gets bagged.....and Noel & Liam spontaneously combust..... in the Emptihad,    MERRY XMAS !

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Feb 15, 2020 06:44:00 am
      The bas**rds should have any cups they have won over the last 5 seasons taken away from them.Without a doubt we should be declared league champions for last season.At least we would of earned the league honestly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #50: Feb 15, 2020 10:06:44 am
      Hopefully once their ban is over LFC will be 9 times European champions & have 21 league titles..😎
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #51: Feb 15, 2020 10:53:26 am
      Hopefully once their ban is over LFC will be 9 times European champions & have 21 league titles..😎

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #52: Feb 15, 2020 11:13:56 am
      @paddypower
      UEFA’s suspicions were aroused after Pep Guardiola paid £50m for John Stones and £1,200 for this sh*te cardigan.

Also, the ban is due to an investigation into City up to 2016, they could get another one for 17-20 too! ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 15, 2020 11:18:22 am by sms1986 »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #53: Feb 15, 2020 12:04:11 pm
      City still won f**k all in Europe, seems they can't even win it by cheating !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #54: Feb 15, 2020 12:16:06 pm
      Any fine shouldn't go to UEFA to fuel their own corruption. Give it to that Juan Mata charity that Klopp supports or something like it.

UEFA have made a lot of goody bags out of Man City. They are their gift that keeps on giving, and I think when the dust settles City will end up paying UEFA a bigger fee to buy their way out of the ban.

The blue moon forum is very funny, they dont seem to want to understand that their clubs success is built on corrupt notion of sports washing the Abu Dhabi states image in the west. What the Sheikhs are doing over here is very little to do with football and has given them an unfair advantage over every other team.

And still no European Cup that they crave for full exposure.

Dont like to see this in the kop section though, nothing to do with us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #55: Feb 15, 2020 12:18:58 pm
      Just a thought, if they are to spend however many millions fighting this, that would just be more money they have to try and balance?

Apparently they failed to cooperate, so they obviously had stuff to hide.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #56: Feb 15, 2020 12:55:46 pm
      What's the score this season? Guessing they still have the green light to play in Europe at the minute
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #57: Feb 15, 2020 01:01:39 pm
      What's the score this season? Guessing they still have the green light to play in Europe at the minute

Business as usual for this season I imagine.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #58: Feb 15, 2020 01:06:01 pm
      Business as usual for this season I imagine.

Ah well... Til a few weeks at least when Madrid spank them!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #59: Feb 15, 2020 01:09:50 pm
      Nothing set in stone yet, the appeals process will go through CAS at the very least and my guess is there will be a reduction to a one year ban, similar to AC Milan.

I remember posting the Der Spiegel article on here when it dropped ages ago, if anyone wants to know the depths of the skull duggery in action I highly recommend reading it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Feb 15, 2020 01:12:31 pm
      Nothing set in stone yet, the appeals process will go through CAS at the very least and my guess is there will be a reduction to a one year ban, similar to AC Milan.

I remember posting the Der Spiegel article on here when it dropped ages ago, if anyone wants to know the depths of the skull duggery in action I highly recommend reading it.

I'm not so sure it will get altered by cas, I think this is meant to send an example, plus citeh have been tw*ts about this, frustrating the investigation etc.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #61: Feb 15, 2020 01:20:15 pm
      Irrespective of what happens then their brand name has been irreversibly tainted by cheating.

There will have to be some form of ban, even if its reduced for one season, otherwise UEFA's FFP may as well be scrapped.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #62: Feb 15, 2020 01:24:13 pm
      The Premier league are obliged to act if their appeal fails then we will see what the EPL are made of.  Relegation possibly ? and what about others like Chelsea and PSG ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #63: Feb 15, 2020 01:28:38 pm
      There's 2 sets of "fans" at City, according to a mate of mine who's been going to matches for about 50 years.

You've got the older ones, who've been following the club for years and years, who weren't too happy about the moneybags approach, and knew something was going to happen sooner or later. (The bubble's going to burst at some point was how it was put to me)

Then you've got the newer lot who are entitled arseholes, and just jumped on the bandwagon when City started becoming high profile.
      Apparently, very few of them go to matches (explains a lot), but they expect to win everything by virtue of chucking money at it, and never stop moaning when things don't go their way.

I've known quite a few of the older City lads over the years, and they're decent, not really given to dick swinging and all the rest of the sh*t you see from the newer lot.
      It's not just a generational divide; the new lot don't know anything of the club or it's history, they just want to be seen supporting a team that's winning.

So I feel for the older lads; they're seeing their club dragged through the mud, and the utterly embarrasing bullshit the new lot are coming out with.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #64: Feb 15, 2020 01:33:10 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #65: Feb 15, 2020 01:45:39 pm

Was talking about this with 2 city lads down the pub.
      Known them both for years, and they reckon they could get last seasons title taken off them and handed to us.

All hypothetical of course, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #66: Feb 15, 2020 01:47:42 pm
      Known them both for years, and they reckon they could get last seasons title taken off them and handed to us.

I wouldn’t want the title, they won that fair & square to be honest, we gave it our best that season & the disappointment of loosing by 1 point has taken us to the level we have this season..It’s how we do it.

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #67: Feb 15, 2020 01:50:04 pm

David Conn (Guardian journalist who wrote the original piece) was on Talk Sh1te this morning.
      Reckons they won’t/can’t take retrospective action which is why they’ve given them the two year ban.
      They will have an asterisk against all their trophies since 2012.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #68: Feb 15, 2020 01:52:28 pm
      No HYS on BBC website, this is a shame, as I'd like to have seen them implode on state media.

Quick Reply