Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (8 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)

Read 5264 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (8 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Jul 06, 2020 02:52:46 pm
      The games keep coming in CoVid 2020!

Klopp said if he hadn't made three changes for Villa he would have had to make 8 or 9 changes for Brighton, so I take that to mean three or four other players who are in our first choice XI will start Wednesday on the bench. It doesn't help that Milner is getting these little knocks at the moment. Not sure if he will be ready for Wednesday but I think Klopp would like to give Robbo a break either for this one or vs. Burnley on the weekend.

So he rotated three players vs. Villa (Hendo, Gini, Bobby) and should do the same for three or four more Wednesday and three or four others vs. Burnley.

I'm guessing either Sadio or Mo will be rested for this, along with Fabinho and at least one back line player. I see Neco Williams isn't in the team builder but he could start at right or maybe even left back (depending on Milner's availability). Lovren might also get a game in place of one of the center backs (I know, I know. Hold on to your seats).

Let's keep the train moving along for recording the best season in Premier League history!

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2020 12:09:23 pm by JD »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool (8 July 2020 - 8:15 pm)
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2020 02:58:35 pm
      The games keep coming in CoVid 2020!

Klopp said if he hadn't made three changes for Villa he would have had to make 8 or 9 changes for Brighton, so I take that to mean three or four other players who are in our first choice XI will start Wednesday on the bench. It doesn't help that Milner is getting these little knocks at the moment. Not sure if he will be ready for Wednesday but I think Klopp would like to give Robbo a break either for this one or vs. Burnley on the weekend.

So he rotated three players vs. Villa (Hendo, Gini, Bobby) and should do the same for three or four more Wednesday and three or four others vs. Burnley.

I'm guessing either Sadio or Mo will be rested for this, along with Fabinho and at least one back line player. I see Neco Williams isn't in the team builder but he could start at right or maybe even left back (depending on Milner's availability). Lovren might also get a game in place of one of the center backs (I know, I know. Hold on to your seats).

Let's keep the train moving along for recording the best season in Premier League history!

Id actually be happy for Robbo to have an extended rest, he's been crap since the restart, I'd quite like to see Trent and Neco on each flank. As for forwards who can we rest, we have seen that as soon as we do we lose any attacking edge, but I agree they need a rest so maybe try Shaq and Minamino and then one half play Mane the other Salah with Bobby in reserve. As for midfield we have enough quality to shuffle the pack. Hendo starts against Brighton with Gini and then one other, why not Curtis.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2020 05:06:59 pm
      Id actually be happy for Robbo to have an extended rest, he's been crap since the restart

Whilst I agree about his form, it sounds as though he has been playing with bit of an injury.

Midfield of Keita, Hendo and Jones for me.

Happily see Ox and Origi stay at home and the rest picks itself.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,756 posts | 238 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2020 08:42:02 pm
      ---------------Alisson-----------------
      TAA----Gomez---VvD----Milner
      -----Hendo-----Gini-----Ketia-----
      ---Salah------Firmino----Minamino

Subs: Adrien, Lovren, Robbo, Fabinho, Jones, Ox, Mane, Shaqiri, Elliott

I am going the how fast the games are coming in, looking forward to see if we can finish off the season strong and step towards cracking 100 points
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2020 09:07:51 pm
      As long as Lovren doesn't play, don't really care what team is picked, they just need to get the job done.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2020 09:59:05 pm
      Brighton away? Nice!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2020 10:16:42 pm
                    Alisson
      Williams Gomez VVD Robbo
            Hendo Gini Jones
        Shaq/Minamino Firmino Mane

Would give Neco a run, TAA a rest. Gini and Hendo come back to start.
      Bob also back to start. Mane with either Shaq/Mina and Salah rest.
      Neco and Jones have looked decent in cameos, why not give em a start.
      Minamino hasn't impressed, and haven't really seen Shaq - so not sure if either will start, but again, would be curious to have a look see - there's always the option to bring Salah on if needed anyway.
      Imho the remaining games are a chance to give guys premier league game time - and almost never get a free hit like this.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Jul 07, 2020 12:01:37 am

A rest? He had 3 months off and got taken off around the 70th minute in our first 2 games back. I know the games are coming every 3 days now but I’m sure someone of his age is more than capable of not needing a rest already. It’s no different to when we were playing every 3-4 days with the league and Champions League, or over the Xmas period.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #8: Jul 07, 2020 01:17:21 am
      Are we taking the sun lounger for Alisson?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2020 03:35:26 am
      A rest? He had 3 months off and got taken off around the 70th minute in our first 2 games back. I know the games are coming every 3 days now but I’m sure someone of his age is more than capable of not needing a rest already. It’s no different to when we were playing every 3-4 days with the league and Champions League, or over the Xmas period.

Neco will start either this match or vs. Burnley.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2020 06:13:40 am

From Soho down to Brighton

I must have played em all.

Are we taking the sun lounger for Alisson?

;D

....  and the parasol.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2020 09:10:18 am
      Neco will start either this match or vs. Burnley.

OK lets try him instead of Robbo, if anyone needs a rest then its more him than Trent
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jul 07, 2020 10:06:45 am
      Lots of you guys believe there will be a few changes, maybe, but I’m airing on the side of caution here, a few weeks back I’d probably agree but Brighton are a much more organised side since Potter has stamped his authority, yes the league has been won and we haven’t exactly been pulling trees up last two games, but the Seagulls have taken a few notable scalps recently which shot them up the table and are playing well,

We’re not if we’re all honest so they will see it as a major coup if they were to take our scalp too, so again, like I said V Villa, I wouldn’t change much if any,

Now I can understand that maybe one or two feel jaded and that our momentum bubble has deflated somewhat, however, I still believe sticking to a trusted formula is the way to get out of a sticky patch, albeit being so late in the season, the midfield changes against Villa was catastrophic, Ox like a fish on a bike, truly awful performance, he plays better as a impact sub imo, anyhoo, ...

....I’d rather we see a more familiar mid three, like Hendo ,Fab, & Gini, tried & trusted right there, alternatively we could see Hendo, Keita, Gini, two thirds familiar,  up top, again I’d be reluctant to change, Salah for me was trying to hard V Villa, Origi was on the same bike as the Ox, and because of a lacklustre midfield Mane had to come deep to find the ball, that’s Bobby’s job, so again that change didn’t work either,

Back five....again not at their best but good enough...just, so something isn’t quite right there either, could it be fatigue, or psychologically the race has been won so therefore there’s less urgency, we could say that about the whole squad arguably...that deflated momentum rearing it’s ugly head again...

Maybe Jürgen, Pep & Pete are trying to fix something that doesn’t need fixing, I dunno, maybe? but if there  is to be changes I’d keep them to the minimum  I say.

Alisson

Trent   Gomez  Virgil   Williams

Keita    Hendo    Gini

Salah    Firmino   Mane

Bench; Adrian, Robbo, Fabinho, Ox, Jones,  Elliot, Origi

1-2 Abridged Champions
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Jul 07, 2020 10:37:47 am
      Hopefully an early arrival of the lesser spotted away goal because quite frankly my head is going to explode if Martin Tyler continues to mention it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Jul 07, 2020 11:10:02 am
      Lots of you guys believe there will be a few changes, maybe, but I’m airing on the side of caution here, a few weeks back I’d probably agree but Brighton are a much more organised side since Potter has stamped his authority, yes the league has been won and we haven’t exactly been pulling trees up last two games, but the Seagulls have taken a few notable scalps recently which shot them up the table and are playing well,

We’re not if we’re all honest so they will see it as a major coup if they were to take our scalp too, so again, like I said V Villa, I wouldn’t change much if any,

Now I can understand that maybe one or two feel jaded and that our momentum bubble has deflated somewhat, however, I still believe sticking to a trusted formula is the way to get out of a sticky patch, albeit being so late in the season, the midfield changes against Villa was catastrophic, Ox like a fish on a bike, truly awful performance, he plays better as a impact sub imo, anyhoo, ...

....I’d rather we see a more familiar mid three, like Hendo ,Fab, & Gini, tried & trusted right there, alternatively we could see Hendo, Keita, Gini, two thirds familiar,  up top, again I’d be reluctant to change, Salah for me was trying to hard V Villa, Origi was on the same bike as the Ox, and because of a lacklustre midfield Mane had to come deep to find the ball, that’s Bobby’s job, so again that change didn’t work either,

Back five....again not at their best but good enough...just, so something isn’t quite right there either, could it be fatigue, or psychologically the race has been won so therefore there’s less urgency, we could say that about the whole squad arguably...that deflated momentum rearing it’s ugly head again...

Maybe Jürgen, Pep & Pete are trying to fix something that doesn’t need fixing, I dunno, maybe? but if there  is to be changes I’d keep them to the minimum  I say.

Alisson

Trent   Gomez  Virgil   Williams

Keita    Hendo    Gini

Salah    Firmino   Mane

Bench; Adrian, Robbo, Fabinho, Ox, Jones,  Elliot, Origi

1-2 Abridged Champions

yup, cant see klopp making too many changes, the 5 sub rule allows him to make plenty changes 2nd half, same as the other night, changes on 60mins if needed or if were miles ahead. win win really with 5 subs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jul 07, 2020 11:15:44 am
      I fancy us to click back into gear against Brighton, I've gone for 2-0 to us but it could be more if we score early. I genuinely fancy us to win all our remaining games, Arsenal away could be tricky, but their defence is so sh*t that our forwards would need to have another collectively sh*t day, like against City, to not win that game, and I can't see that happening, not when they are chasing the golden boot. Chelsea at home is probably the trickiest tie but they play us 2 days after the FA Cup semi final when we will have had a 6 day break, that favours us. Other than that its Bunrley at home, but they are missing Ben Mee and Jack Cork, plus know they are safe with nothing to play for and the barcodes final game of the season when they'll be safe, again with sod all to play for.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #16: Jul 07, 2020 11:26:31 am
      Play a near enough full strength side against Brighton, at least to begin the game. I would like to see both Curtis  Jones and Neco Williams come on in the second half. Another comfortable win for the champions against the struggling sea siders.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Jul 07, 2020 01:14:02 pm

OK, poor choice of words, for what its worth I actually don't think he needs a rest either, I probably should just had said it straight, start Neco and bring TAA on later :)
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #18: Jul 07, 2020 01:57:16 pm
      Not a club littered with big names, no disrespect but mostly journeymen pro's and they are doing really well to stay in this league. Will put up a fight as they aren't out of trouble as yet. If we are on blob it should be well within us to put 3 goals between us and them...at least.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Jul 07, 2020 06:59:17 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Go for it.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #20: Jul 07, 2020 08:34:55 pm
      TAA doesn't need a rest, he needs a kick up the arse, all this title winning fame has gone to his head.
      He's a fantastic talent I know but his throw ins, passing and chasing back has been woeful since the re-start.
      Okay, his free kick against Palace was sublime but he can't just stroll around the pitch every week waiting for free kicks to happen. Its so good to see Williams biting his arse for a place in the team.

Origi has played sh*t since the re-start aswell, he's another one who needs a kick up the arse or should be shown the door.

I hope to god Lovren doesn't get on the team bus to Brighton..

Jürgen needs to experiment around in midfield before the season ends.. I get that.. but I just hope it's not gonna cost us our maximum points tally.

As Bill and Bob used to say all those years ago, you have to plough the field each year, turning over the soil to plant the fresh seeds that will grow for the next season.

We'll beat Brighton... I just hope our game play is not like watching paint dry !!

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #21: Jul 08, 2020 10:55:44 am
      Time to shake off the cobwebs, start playing like real champions, 3  0 to the Reds at Brighton tonight.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #22: Jul 08, 2020 11:07:15 am
      Think an early goal would do us the world of good tonight. We've struggled to break teams down since the restart because their happy to sit in a block against us, and obviously with the lack of crowd and other factors I don't think the team has had the same urgency & ability to penetrate that they did pre-COVID. Funnily enough I'd probably say Man City was the best opening 20/25 minutes we've had in terms of an attacking sense & liveliness since the restart last month. Even Palace was a bit of a struggle during the first half an hour, with us needing a Trent set piece to finally break the deadlock.

But yeah, hopefully an early goal and a few for Mo too if possible - keep him in the race for the golden boot

Quick Reply