Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 30th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W2 D1 L1

Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)

Read 93098 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Re: Diogo Jota Player Thread (F)
      Reply #828: Oct 29, 2023 11:53:48 pm
      I’ve often been critical of Jota but he seems to be firing on all cylinders these days. Terrorizes the opposing defenders with his movement and always seems to pop up to poach a goal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,282 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #829: Oct 30, 2023 08:45:55 am
      I’ve often been critical of Jota but he seems to be firing on all cylinders these days. Terrorizes the opposing defenders with his movement and always seems to pop up to poach a goal.

That’s basically coz you don’t recognise talent. Critical was an understatement, you wanted out of the club at one stage.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #830: Oct 30, 2023 10:30:11 am
      That’s basically coz you don’t recognise talent. Critical was an understatement, you wanted out of the club at one stage.

Spot on Keith. He's my favourite player for sure. Didn't know that much about him before he signed. But straight away you could see he was a proper player.

He's not a player that tends to get the 4th in a 4-0 win. He often gets the first goal or an equaliser or a winner. Goals that matter. Big goals or big assists. Such a team player and clinical infront of goal. His awareness of others and work ethic are outstanding.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,282 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #831: Oct 30, 2023 11:18:12 am
      Spot on Keith. He's my favourite player for sure. Didn't know that much about him before he signed. But straight away you could see he was a proper player.

He's not a player that tends to get the 4th in a 4-0 win. He often gets the first goal or an equaliser or a winner. Goals that matter. Big goals or big assists. Such a team player and clinical infront of goal. His awareness of others and work ethic are outstanding.

Always liked him Don. I got laughed at while backed when I said he was the first player on my team list. He’s solid as a rock with performances. Not often he’s criticised ( unless you’re FL Red 😂 ) and don’t think I’ve watched him have mega bad games, unlike some Liverpool players. Jota gives you consistency and worthy of being in your top 11 as a regular.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #832: Oct 30, 2023 06:06:59 pm
      Always liked him Don. I got laughed at while backed when I said he was the first player on my team list. He’s solid as a rock with performances. Not often he’s criticised ( unless you’re FL Red 😂 ) and don’t think I’ve watched him have mega bad games, unlike some Liverpool players. Jota gives you consistency and worthy of being in your top 11 as a regular.

Yeah he should be starting every week. He's there with Ali, Salah Dom etc as automatic starters in my opinion. Quality player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,282 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #833: Oct 30, 2023 06:10:02 pm
      Yeah he should be starting every week. He's there with Ali, Salah Dom etc as automatic starters in my opinion. Quality player.

I agree with the said players you mentioned. Dom been a great buy.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 760 
      Reply #834: Nov 09, 2023 11:16:35 pm
      Classy finish. Dude has a serious eye for goals.
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #835: Nov 09, 2023 11:18:36 pm
      Classy finish. Dude has a serious eye for goals.

Not to dissimilar to the one against them at home. Was crying out for someone to run at them
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #836: Nov 12, 2023 08:55:43 pm
      I'm calling it now.

I F***ing love this Bloke, he's my current fave Liverpool player.

If I wore a guernsey with a number on it, it would be the Number 20

F***ing clinical

Said to my mate during the game, all I want is for Diogo to score, 1 minute later he did, went F***ing nuts!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #837: Nov 12, 2023 09:01:23 pm
      I'm calling it now.

F***ing clinical

Said to my mate during the game, all I want is for Diogo to score, 1 minute later he did, went F***ing nuts!
      Beautiful goal by as that. He’s looking more comfortable playing with Darwin. I think this may be our best front 3 right now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #838: Nov 12, 2023 09:30:40 pm
      I'm calling it now.

F***ing clinical

I love him mate, he’s so clinical!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #839: Nov 12, 2023 10:01:42 pm
      I love him mate, he’s so clinical!

F**k yeah Bud, needed him to have a shot on target, as soon as he got that ball on the edge of the box, I said, he's gonna wiggle and score and he fkn did. Clinical indeed.

I'm still tossing over his goal v Toulose ...wowie  what a F***ing stonker that was!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #840: Nov 12, 2023 10:06:22 pm
      Beautiful goal by as that. He’s looking more comfortable playing with Darwin. I think this may be our best front 3 right now.

Absolutely our best front 3..love that we also have players of the calibre of Gakpo and Lucho who can compliment them as well.

We have some magnificent options but I hope Diogo just keeps starting and scoring.

Lad has dancing feet and twinkle toes. Looks like he doesn't run but glides across the pitch.

Love that smile of his!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 760 
      Reply #841: Nov 12, 2023 10:08:20 pm
      I'm calling it now.

F***ing clinical

I just came here to say he's my fave player at the moment.

And its amazing cause a few pages back people were saying we should sell him.

Crazy stuff
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #842: Nov 12, 2023 10:11:15 pm
      I just came here to say he's my fave player at the moment.

And its amazing cause a few pages back people were saying we should sell him.

Crazy stuff

I remember, hope he goes nowhere anytime soon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8674 
      Reply #843: Nov 13, 2023 12:57:23 pm
      Closest thing I've seen similar to the way Fowler used to score goals.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,240 posts | 1111 
      Reply #844: Nov 13, 2023 02:20:33 pm
      Nunez is the Kopps favorite atm, but the #20 has all of us on here gushing. I'm a Robbo man myself, but Diogo is right there with him. Best finisher for me and the highest off the ball IQ. I celebrate his goals with a little more joy than the other players.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #845: Nov 13, 2023 03:11:40 pm
      Diogo isn't the most glamorous of players. He doesn't have terrific pace or acceleration and he's not a ferocious tackler.
      It seems his movement is very planned in his head regards the game situation. he seems to glide into positions un noticed and is always aware who and what is going on around him. Reads situations early, and runs with the ball very close to his feet. Usually picks his spot and doesn't just aimlessly smash the ball towards goal, and if there isn't an opening for a shot, he's usually aware of where he can lay it off to quickly.

Just seems to be an all round pain in the arse to the opposition. They know he's there and what he's capable of, but he just cruises by them like a thief in the night when the moment is right.
      Quality footballer with a real footballers brain.   The unsung hero, who never seems to get the acclaim of the more extrovert players.

Love to see him staring more often as I think he brings more to the table than Diaz. Clearly a different style of player, with lots of trickery for the opposition to contend with, but with less end product.

Certainly needs to be in the first 11.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #846: Nov 14, 2023 09:35:46 am
      When you think you can’t love him anymore

https://x.com/lfc/status/1724351462996627580?s=46
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #847: Nov 14, 2023 10:14:08 am
      My favourite player. I think we rushed him back too soon last season and straightaway he tore that calf right at the end of the city game that put him out 4 months.

Just so intelligent, game aware,  2 good feet, good in the air, quick , reliable and a superb work ethic. Great instinct of being in the right place at the right time and when he gets a chance he's a good finisher. Keep it going Diogo. The total package for me.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #848: Nov 14, 2023 11:15:40 am
      Main thing is Jota always seems to score, whether starting or coming on from the bench. A quality no thrills striker with a true eye for goal !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #849: Nov 14, 2023 11:47:11 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #850: Nov 14, 2023 11:52:55 am
      1 goal away from 50 for Liverpool FC.