Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      5 (8.1%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (9.7%)
      Rhys Williams
      14 (22.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.2%)
      Marko Grujić
      20 (32.3%)
      Harry Wilson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (4.8%)
      Takumi Minamino
      4 (6.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      8 (12.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2020 09:47:11 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (4-5 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15699 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal (4-5 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Oct 02, 2020 01:52:21 pm
      Do you really believe Klopp has ever shown his intention to win these cups?
      I'm grateful for what he does for the club, but he ain't God. He does not show real intention in winning these games. That's my opinion, we have had the best team in England for the past three years but never managed to play a semi-final in a domestic cup... there's something wrong if our intention was to win every trophy as he says.

When we were in the final and lost on penalties his first season, then semifinal the next season.

It's a long way to advance without trying to win it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #254: Oct 02, 2020 01:57:52 pm
      When we were in the final and lost on penalties his first season, then semifinal the next season.

It's a long way to advance without trying to win it.

I think he wanted to get a trophy onboard early on  didnt quite work out but I think that's why we went further in those couple of seasons

However I remember him being utterly gobsmacked in his first season that A. We play so much over the christmas period and that B. This competition comes to a head around that congested period and its two f**king legs... he was bemused

Dontforget that the equivalent of this competition doesnt exist in germany, that they get a winter break and they play less league games in the first place

I just dont think he thinks it as a priority and he wants to prioritise the bigger competitions
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #255: Oct 02, 2020 03:13:23 pm
      I think he wanted to get a trophy onboard early on  didnt quite work out but I think that's why we went further in those couple of seasons

However I remember him being utterly gobsmacked in his first season that A. We play so much over the christmas period and that B. This competition comes to a head around that congested period and its two f**king legs... he was bemused

Dontforget that the equivalent of this competition doesnt exist in germany, that they get a winter break and they play less league games in the first place

I just dont think he thinks it as a priority and he wants to prioritise the bigger competitions

I agree with that. Was answering the comment from someone else that he has never tried to win it (or words to that effect).

Ultimately, I think this competition is living on borrowed time, no matter how much it may be liked by some of us. I think it likely becomes something like the EFL Trophy where if top division teams are involved, it will be a U23 or U21 team or something like that. Especially with FIFA getting more aggressive about setting aside periods of the year for its competitions. There just won't be any room left on the schedule for a 2nd domestic cup.

If we can win the league and/or the Champions League, only the most negative will still be stewing over falling out of this competion, however bad a taste yesterday leaves with us.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #256: Oct 02, 2020 03:38:53 pm
      While it’s nice to win everything, our priorities should be the league and the CL. Winning everything is a bonus. This is exactly what Jürgen has done. If we had to choose due to limited resources and constraints, which 2 trophies on the wall would we like to add? At the end of the day, it’s a nice to have but not a must have.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #257: Oct 02, 2020 06:33:48 pm
      We might be getting 23mil for Brewster, but that Harry Wilson isn't worth a bag of carrots !!

The only decent thing I can take from last night is the fact that Georginio Wijnaldum can take a decent penalty

We'd have battered them with a full house..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #258: Oct 02, 2020 06:46:21 pm
      A blessing in disguise, with fixture congestion, a limited pre-season and due to COVID playing havoc with the fixture schedule this competition next round isn’t til just before Xmas I believe, by that time we will be playing twice a week anyway with League & CL games, add the FA cup early rounds to a already bursting at the seams calendar,

We all know how f***in mental it is thru the Xmas period 3 games in 8 days or something and no winter break this year either, so sorry, but F**k the league cup, large squad or not players need resting, and the more days we get to do just that will benefit us long term, of course it would have been nice to have went further but, I’d rather we look after the health of our players rather than go all the way in a competition that’s lowest in our priority.

Y  N  W  A
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #259: Oct 02, 2020 09:02:02 pm
      Both the Williams did ok. Rhys bit better. Jones, well he's not a legend yet. Wilson wasn't involved much but I wouldn't knock him.Been here since he was 8 and I hope he does well out of the game.

One of those games that just lacked any real invention, even Mo seemed a bit stiffled, truth be told he was wondering why he was playing. No bother on to Villa.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #260: Oct 08, 2020 08:35:46 am
      This lot are rapidly becoming the English version of Atletico, and they're just as horrible to play against. We faced them here in this round in 1988. It took 3 replays to settle it with a late header from Aldridge. That was a 4 game epic, this was a cure for insomnia. They wanted a change of style after Wenger and clearly this is it, a blast back to the George Graham era. One wonders how long they will put up with it.

Quick Reply