Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)

Read 7566 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #69: Nov 08, 2020 12:18:14 am
      I'd like to see us play with some self belief here and not rush Matip back but play Phillips or Williams at CB. I'd also like to see Bobby, Mane and Salah with Jota and Shaquiri to come off the bench. We can always bring Matip on if the CB is looking exposed but for now we are not in a desperate situation (in CL or EPL) so it would be good to take things easy. I also think starting Jota means we can't bring him on and i think that's a better option for now than bringing Bobby on. In any case we a spoiled for choice even without Fab, VVD, Thiago and Ox whom would all walk in our rivals squads.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #70: Nov 08, 2020 12:19:35 am
      Gotta start Jota and Phillips IMO - good time to play City, although I still think it will be tense
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #71: Nov 08, 2020 02:26:59 am
      Noticed it was pissing down at the West Ham Game, what's are the chances of rain for our game? Is the Weather sh*t over there at the moment?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #72: Nov 08, 2020 02:30:15 am
      Noticed it was pissing down at the West Ham Game, what's are the chances of rain for our game? Is the Weather sh*t over there at the moment?

Weather's always sh*t over there it rains 8  days a week.  I know i've lived their 3 years!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Nov 08, 2020 02:32:49 am
      Weather's always sh*t over there it rains 8  days a week.  I know i've lived their 3 years!

For fucks sake...just hope it's not as wet and miserable as that Villa game.

Thanks mate...ya poor buggar, living there!  ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #74: Nov 08, 2020 02:42:51 am

I lived their in the early 90s went to uni  there!  Lived near city's old ground for a few months got burgled went to the cop shop and they wouldn't open up as they had been petrol bombed. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Nov 08, 2020 05:01:45 am

Ach it’s not so bad mate, the weather is fine it’s just the wrong clothes ppl wear, besides I’d rather live here  than where your at, with all them snakes and Nasty beasties that can crawl up yer bum, especially them Victorians, 😂 😂 😂,  and the animals & insects are a bit weird too, I know I lived there for a while, them whitetail spiders are bas**rds not forgetting the equally nasty redbacks !

Y  N  W  A
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #76: Nov 08, 2020 06:05:28 am
      Gone for 3 2 to us in the prediction league. Always fancy us against City but nervous for this one.

Hopefully we get the 3 points and stick it to City again
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #77: Nov 08, 2020 07:43:42 am
      They have to come at us ,bring it on 2 or 3 -1 to the Redmen  ,only problem beware VAR 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #78: Nov 08, 2020 09:14:48 am
      I'd like to see us play with some self belief here and not rush Matip back but play Phillips or Williams at CB. I'd also like to see Bobby, Mane and Salah with Jota and Shaquiri to come off the bench. We can always bring Matip on if the CB is looking exposed but for now we are not in a desperate situation (in CL or EPL) so it would be good to take things easy. I also think starting Jota means we can't bring him on and i think that's a better option for now than bringing Bobby on. In any case we a spoiled for choice even without Fab, VVD, Thiago and Ox whom would all walk in our rivals squads.

So we should...take it easy?

Matip has been training for a week now. He will be good to go. People forget how good a defender Joel is if he is fit.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #79: Nov 08, 2020 09:30:42 am

Ach it’s not so bad mate, the weather is fine it’s just the wrong clothes ppl wear, besides I’d rather live here  than where your at, with all them snakes and Nasty beasties that can crawl up yer bum, especially them Victorians, 😂 😂 😂,  and the animals & insects are a bit weird too, I know I lived there for a while, them whitetail spiders are bas**rds not forgetting the equally nasty redbacks !

Y  N  W  A

hey Billy lad! long time how are ya?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #80: Nov 08, 2020 09:34:02 am
      Gone for 3 2 to us in the prediction league. Always fancy us against City but nervous for this one.

Hopefully we get the 3 points and stick it to City again

I think we play a similar style to city these days, attack at will but probably open up too much without a strong commanding CB - hopefully we can keep up pace

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #81: Nov 08, 2020 09:37:12 am
      Gone for a 2  2 draw today, obviously hope the Reds prove me wrong, and come out on top. It would be a massive blow for City to lose today, especially at home. It is difficult to see them stopping our attack from scoring especially with Jota, in such good form, not forgetting Mo Salah, Sadio Mane & Bobby no side would relish playing against us in our present goal scoring form !

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #82: Nov 08, 2020 09:51:42 am
      Gone for a 2  2 draw today, obviously hope the Reds prove me wrong, and come out on top. It would be a massive blow for City to lose today, especially at home. It is difficult to see them stopping our attack from scoring especially with Jota, in such good form, not forgetting Mo Salah, Sadio Mane & Bobby no side would relish playing against us in our present goal scoring form !

we should go and do a city! ie just score a sh*t load to compensate for the 1 or 2 we concede
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #83: Nov 08, 2020 10:08:35 am
      I think we’ll get chances, just need to put them away and Alisson to have the game of his life
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #84: Nov 08, 2020 10:18:18 am
      hey Billy lad! long time how are ya?

Yo bro, what’s yer story, pm me ?
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #85: Nov 08, 2020 10:30:52 am
      I’ve woken up with the feeling Klopp is going to go balls out and play Firmino and Jota from the start. I would love to see him do it too. Go for the kill.

Whatever team he picks is the right team though mind. Hate city hope somebody smashes that little crying rat Bernardo Silva and by someone I mean Henderson but Robertson would do nicely too. 

Enjoy the games lads
      Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #86: Nov 08, 2020 11:10:39 am
      My mum just phoned my wife to go to eat there :/ I won't be able to create the Live thread but I will watch the match.

As I said before, I would be happy with a draw against them without VVD.

Hope we are up for a good fight. YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #87: Nov 08, 2020 11:23:26 am
      My mum just phoned my wife to go to eat there :/ I won't be able to create the Live thread but I will watch the match.

If we lose it’s your fault and if we win you’re off live match threads...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #88: Nov 08, 2020 11:53:28 am

:whip:  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #89: Nov 08, 2020 11:57:36 am
      All those goals yesterday make me, for some reason, exceptionally nervous about today!

Been some big scorelines both for and against us at the Emptihad in recent years.  Hope the goals stack up in our column and that our defence keeps up its decent recent record.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #90: Nov 08, 2020 12:07:31 pm
      All those goals yesterday make me, for some reason, exceptionally nervous about today!

Been some big scorelines both for and against us at the Emptihad in recent years.  Hope the goals stack up in our column and that our defence keeps up its decent recent record.

I see where you’re coming from. So hard to call this game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost by 4 or 5 but at the same time I also wouldn’t be surprised by winning with the same margin
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,284 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #91: Nov 08, 2020 01:41:42 pm
      Not long to go now

Quick Reply