Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)

Read 7530 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #46: Nov 06, 2020 09:22:32 pm
      I think Curtis is too inexperienced for big matches as this.
      Should be Fab, Hendo and Gini to start in the middle.
      Ali in goal, Trent Joe Robbo and one other at the back, Matip if fit, but I’m confident either of the two standings will do ok.
      Three amigos up top, possibly Jota for Bob.

Fab ?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #47: Nov 06, 2020 10:18:39 pm
      Difficult one to all this.

Personally I would opt for Williams as centre back if matip isn’t fit.

I would start jones in midfield if keita and Thiago are only fit enough for subs.

And I would start firmino. Mainly because I think in this game substitutions could be key. If we are losing then Jota would be a good option off the bench (more than bobby would be) and if we are winning then Jota would still be a good option to being off the bench. Plus bobby is a big game player.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #48: Nov 06, 2020 11:40:22 pm

Is fab still not fit then ?
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #49: Nov 07, 2020 12:55:24 am

Good call.  Anyone know if he's fit to play ???
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #50: Nov 07, 2020 02:54:31 am

Is fab still not fit then ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Nov 07, 2020 04:31:38 am
      Despite all the bullshit about certain players being back from injury, and the abridged names of said players, I reckon Jur will go with thus.......

Ali
                                                        TAA    MAT  GOM  ROB
                                                            GIN  HEN  NAB
                                                           SAL   BOB   MAN

Sub; ADR, PHI, MIL, JOT, JON,SHA, ORI

There will be no Vir, or Oxl, they are out long haul, and we won’t be seeing either Thi or Fab til aft int break at least.

Got it ?

Y                                                                           N W A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #52: Nov 07, 2020 08:01:53 am
      Despite all the bullshit about certain players being back from injury, and the abridged names of said players, I reckon Jur will go with thus.......

Ali
                                                        TAA    MAT  GOM  ROB
                                                            GIN  HEN  NAB
                                                           SAL   BOB   MAN

There will be no Vir, or Oxl, they are out long haul, and we won’t be seeing either Thi or Fab til aft int break at least.

Got it ?

Y                                                                           N W A

Not sure this is a game for Naby. At this stage I'm not actually sure what is in fact.

We need a hard working midfield or the class of Thiago. If Thiago isnt available then I think it will be the 3 work horses Hendo Gini Milner. The clue to Milner probably being he didnt start midweek.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #53: Nov 07, 2020 08:09:00 am

No out till after break at least
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Nov 07, 2020 08:48:45 am

Ali
                                                        TAA    MAT  GOM  ROB
                                                            GIN  HEN  NAB
                                                           SAL   BOB   MAN

Got it ?

So you are saying that VIR-FAB-THI are all INJ?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #55: Nov 07, 2020 10:02:20 am
      I think a draw would be acceptable, in view of our injuries. A win would be fantastic, if the lads turn up, with Jota on fire the latter can be achieved .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2824 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Nov 07, 2020 10:14:43 am
      This will be a far more emotionally draining game for them then for us. The build up from Wednesday through tomorrow they will have a lot of focus on needing to beat us. Not to close the points gap with a game in hand but this is the team that took their title. The team that knocked them off the top, the team that has their number.

You dont escape that. You are fired up. And when your too fired up you can take focus off wgat makes you what you are.. On top of us knocking them off the top they know they face us short at least 3 important players. If they cant best us when we are weakened, mentally that knocks them going forward......this is is a far bigger game for city...realistically we can walk away from this tomorrow beaten and shake ourselves off knowing well bounce back. If they dont best us tomorrow you can be sure they will doubt themselves bettering us over the season.

And because of that I fancy us tomorrow
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #57: Nov 07, 2020 10:15:30 am
      Going to be a good game I reckon. Put the pressure on them and see how they can handle it. Went for 1-1 in the prediction league but hoping I’m wrong and steamroll them.

1-1 but hoping for 1-3 as on our day we’re better than them and they know it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      Reply #58: Nov 07, 2020 10:25:06 am
      Not sure this is a game for Naby. At this stage I'm not actually sure what is in fact.

We need a hard working midfield or the class of Thiago. If Thiago isnt available then I think it will be the 3 work horses Hendo Gini Milner. The clue to Milner probably being he didnt start midweek.

Possibly mate, don’t think Naby has enough minutes behind him for this match, but if he’s fit enough he could get the nod, Milner is a good shout but that means sacrificing creativity and therefore stifling the three amigos up top, not a good ploy against this lot given that we are weaker defensively, for me then it’s a straight choice between Naby, Shaq & Jones who sits alongside Hendo & Gini, I really can’t see Thiago playing until after the int break, but you never know, it’s possible but unlikely, Jürgen may drop Bobby back to allow for Jota, but again it’s not the game to try a different formation , I think he’ll stick to the usual suspects, unfortunate for Diogo but it’s all about the team and not the individual.

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      Reply #59: Nov 07, 2020 10:27:38 am
      So you are saying that VIR-FAB-THI are all INJ?

Yes Iam pal 😂
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 560 posts | 109 
      Reply #60: Nov 07, 2020 11:20:22 am
      First post fellow reds so be gentle (well fairly  ;D.

I think tomorrow will be the usual very hard game against them at their place as we are probably the one team they raise their game against in a way they don't against other top 6 teams (not including their neighbours here as they're not top six).  Re Bobby or Diogo I'd start Bobby for his better hold up and linking play which against them will be key. Jota coming on at some point will be a real worry for them and the decision JK has to make is a pleasant "headache" for JK. I'd love it if Thiago was playing but it seems he's not going to make it.  Anyway come on you mighty reds get into these manky dogs.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #61: Nov 07, 2020 12:13:26 pm
      I was gonna say without the crowd it won't have the electricity crackling away around the ground but I forgot it's at the Emptihad anyway so it won't be any different ;D
      If we carry our post Villa attitude into this we'll beat them, regardless of whether Jota starts or not.

We've just got to be extra careful, as always, of their usual suspects, who can turn a dozy move into a goal out of nothing.

It's gonna be a great game of football that's for sure..

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #62: Nov 07, 2020 12:16:45 pm
      In the current circumstances, it feels hard to raise the usual levels of passion for a game but in this case my blood is up!

We owe these big time after they took the complete p*ss with their so-called 'Guard of Honour' last time, when we took our title off them.

Time to put them straight on a few matters of pride.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,540 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #63: Nov 07, 2020 12:18:25 pm
      I have a feeling this could be one of those that could go either way, a 3-1 for us or for them so I’ll take a draw with both hands right now.

Would be ecstatic with the the three points though. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #64: Nov 07, 2020 12:28:42 pm
      Good call.  Anyone know if he's fit to play ???

Dunno, him and fabinho should start. Vvd alongside joe too
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,540 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #65: Nov 07, 2020 01:34:00 pm
      I keep forgetting how low City are in the league, imagine winning tomorrow and opening a 8 point lead so early in the season from them, good chance we’ll see a completely different top 4 in terms of teams this season, the only similarity will be us on top.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,129 posts | 127 
      Reply #66: Nov 07, 2020 09:03:22 pm
      Going to be a good game I reckon. Put the pressure on them and see how they can handle it. Went for 1-1 in the prediction league but hoping I’m wrong and steamroll them.

1-1 but hoping for 1-3 as on our day we’re better than them and they know it

jeez, mate, I was on 1 1 and just changed to 3 1 before I read  this post
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #67: Nov 07, 2020 09:47:33 pm
      The way these lot have been going on about Salah for the last week or so it would be brilliant if we finally got some change from VAR this season.  A really soft soft penalty! 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,384 posts | 2823 
      Reply #68: Nov 07, 2020 10:47:08 pm
      Three defeats in a row at their place - two of them absolute thrashings (for very different reasons!).

A very tough afternoon ahead for us and a point would be absolutely fantastic.

Interesting team selection for the boss. Matip will hopefully come in at centre half. Toss up between Keita/Milly/Jones for that third spot in midfield and upfront will be interesting. I think if it was any other team bar City then Jota would play but given that it is I can see Bobby coming back (Jota for me personally though).

Quick Reply