Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Alisson Becker
      13 (29.5%)
      Rhys Williams
      4 (9.1%)
      Neco Williams
      1 (2.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      2 (4.5%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (2.3%)
      James Milner
      5 (11.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (18.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      4 (9.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (2.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (2.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2020 09:51:07 pm

Liverpool 0-2 Atalata: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14317 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Atalata: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Nov 25, 2020 09:57:01 pm
      Attitude was lacking from everyone except the other side. Bummer. We need to get healthy FAST
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #231: Nov 25, 2020 09:57:07 pm
      Only afford if we turn it on again. Just given Ajax a template on how to play us. Three centre backs, follow Mane to the ball, attack Neco's area of the pitch and press and break quickly.

We usually bounce back immediately after poor performances.

Strong team selection against Brighton and hopefully another convincing win.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #232: Nov 25, 2020 09:57:12 pm
      Mentality monsters my arse!

Utter sh*t from every single player, especially Neco Williams and Origi.

Far too much rotation from Jürgen.

On the bright side good rest for key players but on the bad side we now have to play A team against Ajax.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #233: Nov 25, 2020 09:58:14 pm
      Poor all round, team selection,  tactics performance . Not good enough all round.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #234: Nov 25, 2020 09:58:19 pm
      Before the game in the driving seat, go out with the wrong attitude and we're a car crash sh*t all the way down terrible attitude
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #235: Nov 25, 2020 09:58:33 pm
      To be fair, is it Liverpool in the CL group stages without at least one or two awful performances and results?

Think collapse to Sevilla, Red Star Belgrade away, Napoli games...
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #236: Nov 25, 2020 09:58:41 pm
      Deservedly beaten but a strange performance. they did not create many chances and we defended quite well.

Midfield and forwards were terrible though.

Would like to see Fab in midfield against Brighton with Rhys and Joel in defence.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #237: Nov 25, 2020 09:59:03 pm
      Only afford if we turn it on again. Just given Ajax a template on how to play us. Three centre backs, follow Mane to the ball, attack Neco's area of the pitch and press and break quickly.

That was pretty much it, plus have a classy little no 10 to conduct everything for you, not one tackle did we put in on him
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #238: Nov 25, 2020 10:00:11 pm
      That was pretty much it, plus have a classy little no 10 to conduct everything for you, not one tackle did we put in on him

Tadic then!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #239: Nov 25, 2020 10:00:52 pm

If it's that easy to play against us why didn't Leicester do it? Why didn't all the other teams we've beat in the last year or two?

No need to overreact. Jürgen made a couple of changes too many and it was compounded by the players chosen letting him down. Nothing more than that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #240: Nov 25, 2020 10:02:57 pm
      Now we will be resting players on the weekend for Ajax  :f_tongueincheek:

Genuine question is Tuesday win or bust now or is the Denmark Covid travel ban not effect us?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #241: Nov 25, 2020 10:03:21 pm
      What was with Mane and Salahs attitude tonight
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Atalanta
      Reply #242: Nov 25, 2020 10:04:15 pm
      Early days yet was hasn't helped is the false rumours on his return and cloak and dagger aspect reckon back Sat on bench

It was a nasty tackle, but some players recover quickly and some don't. Thiago doesn't. 6 weeks later and Klopp still has no idea when he will return.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1363920/Liverpool-Jürgen-Klopp-Thiago-Alcantara-injury-update-latest-news-Champions-League

"Thiago is not in team training yet," Klopp said.

"When will he be in team training? I don't know. We will see.

"I'm as surprised as the public. In the morning I come in, we have a medical meeting and they tell me 'yes he is in, he is not'.

"I know it's not too far any more [for Thiago], but I have no idea."
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #243: Nov 25, 2020 10:06:14 pm
      If we don't beat Brighton on Saturday that team selection is absolutely pointless
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #244: Nov 25, 2020 10:07:49 pm
      Bad, bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad DAY at the Office,

Bad bad bad bad bad decision from Jürgen to start with that X1, should have went full strength, got the game won and then made the changes,

Just waiting now for all the f***in neg heads crawling out from under their rocks, come on then , where are you said Delia, letsh be avenue, f***in tossers !

Credit Atalanta, better side all night, they wanted it more and got their rewards, we on the other hand had an air of, we’re better than you, and a bit arrogant if I’m honest, terrible performance from all including Jürgen, we will be ok but we didn’t need a performance like that.

Y  N  W  A
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #245: Nov 25, 2020 10:09:49 pm
      It was a nasty tackle, but some players recover quickly and some don't. Thiago doesn't. 6 weeks later and Klopp still has no idea when he will return.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1363920/Liverpool-Jürgen-Klopp-Thiago-Alcantara-injury-update-latest-news-Champions-League

"I'm as surprised as the public. In the morning I come in, we have a medical meeting and they tell me 'yes he is in, he is not'.

Fab was injured in a less severe challenge last season and was out for two months.

Would you say Fab is also made of porcelain?
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #246: Nov 25, 2020 10:18:40 pm
      Think a reality check needed here we have 9 points on the board with at least 7 starters out of which we would have been able to rotate tonight. What choice do you think he had some players travelled round the world and game on Sat lunch time 3 games in just over 6 days yes it wasnt great but there are factors to consider here
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #247: Nov 25, 2020 10:20:35 pm
      If we don't beat Brighton on Saturday that team selection is absolutely pointless

Its pointless anyway. We will be in the same position on Tuesday as we were today. At some point we need a result in this group.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #248: Nov 25, 2020 10:24:44 pm
      Credit Atalanta, better side all night, they wanted it more and got their rewards, we on the other hand had an air of, we’re better than you, and a bit arrogant if I’m honest, terrible performance from all including Jürgen, we will be ok

I don't if it was arrogance but I felt there was one team played tonight that knew they couldn't afford to lose and we got caught out by it and like you said credit to Atalanta we seen tonight what other teams seen happen to then last season, play good attacking football.

I have no issues with Klopp rotation, it is a risk he has to take throughout the season and where we were in the group he could afford to do so. Tonight it didn't work out and even when we brought out the big boys Robbo gets beat for header on second goal and no one provided any cutting edge for the final 30 mins.

All and all disappointing evening but have to dust ourselves quick and get back to it vs Brighton Saturday.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #249: Nov 25, 2020 10:27:23 pm

Them sort of challenges break legs damage ACL.  He didn't that can't mean he is made of glass.  He might be a soft player only time will tell but coming out of THAT challenge shows no evidence to me that he is made of glass because that was as we all know an assault!  6 weeks is nothing coming out of that challenge could have been a year, could have been his career over!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #250: Nov 25, 2020 10:30:13 pm
      Jesus some of the reactions on here! While its great that we as supporters are not used to losing, look at the bigger picture!
      Atalanta HAD to win, we would have taken a draw which would probably have been good enough to get through.
      Show me a Champions league season where we haven't had a result like this playing with a full strength team.
      Some valuable game time for the two Williams lads and Tsimikas, but it looks like Origi's days are numbered.
      We will play a stronger team against Ajax and we will play better . Chill out folks.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2020 11:09:47 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #251: Nov 25, 2020 10:32:12 pm
      Its pointless anyway. We will be in the same position on Tuesday as we were today. At some point we need a result in this group.

:lmao: you do understand we are in first place, correct?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #252: Nov 25, 2020 10:35:27 pm
      ;D proper spoilt little wankers some of you lot on here. Squad is thread bare at the moment and we needed to rotate heavily once again. Add a couple of below par individual performances and you end up with the result we had.

Quick Reply