Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v BHA?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      1 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      17 (26.6%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (6.3%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2020 02:26:35 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21827 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Nov 28, 2020 03:09:48 pm
      I worked all night so I'm off to try to sleep some.

Just remember you all, or most of you anyway, support the greatest club in the world, with the greatest manager in the world.

And WE WILL win the league this season. They can keep trying to stop us but we SHALL overcome.

Peace, Out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #415: Nov 28, 2020 03:10:13 pm
      Jürgen said after the game why Salah had to come off

Who would you put on at RB at that point?

100%

Williams, swap him and Fab.

Only caught the end of Klopp banging on about 12.30s cos went for a quick joint after the match finished.
      Kopite78
      Reply #416: Nov 28, 2020 03:12:18 pm
      Williams, swap him and Fab.

Only caught the end of Klopp banging on about 12.30s cos went for a quick joint after the match finished.

Play William's and Philip's CB?
      Cant say I agree with that mate

Wish I'd joined you for the joint as that game has ruined my weekend 😀
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #417: Nov 28, 2020 03:14:14 pm
      Our performance today, all things considered, was a pretty decent effort, for me. We have been decimated by injuries and VAR has gone against us - again (4pts gone so far, vs Everton vs Brighton). I actually feel sorry for the players because today they got nothing but a raw deal. We were and are down to barebones.

Why did he bring Salah off and keep Minimino on? Klopp answered that. Salah has played 60 mins and only trained once in 10 days. Big game in Europe coming up, and players dropping like flies. The last thing he wants is a not 100% fully fit Salah pulling up with a hamstring. When you're not fully fit, you're more likely to get an injury. Or so it goes.

Klopp summed it up; "tough times."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #418: Nov 28, 2020 03:15:30 pm
      Play William's and Philip's CB?
      Cant say I agree with that mate

Wish I'd joined you for the joint as that game has ruined my weekend 😀

At least they're actual defenders, around ten mins to go and everything from Brighton came down our right once Curtis came on.
      Kopite78
      Reply #419: Nov 28, 2020 03:17:04 pm
      At least they're actual defenders, around ten mins to go and everything from Brighton came down our right once Curtis came on.

And it would likely have all gone central if he had two untried kids at cb

No right or wrong for me, we battled, we should have got the points. I'm not and wont have that's a pen in full speed full context football
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #420: Nov 28, 2020 03:20:45 pm

No right or wrong for me, we battled, we should have got the points. I'm not and wont have that's a pen in full speed full context football

It was Brighton, not Man City!!

Untried at the moment is a kop out excuse, F***ing hell lad Williams has played more games than Philips. Ten mins, Hendo covering in front, Fab at RB, would of been more secure than playing a kid out of postion who got exposed every time the ball went near him.

And that isn't a dig at Jones either, don't think he should of been put in that position personally.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #421: Nov 28, 2020 03:21:19 pm

When you have some BHA players telling Henderson it wasn't a pen, and Wellbeck on live tv admitting it was "soft" (sure he said that), you can be pretty sure it wasn't a pen.

Frustrating.
      Kopite78
      Reply #422: Nov 28, 2020 03:21:32 pm
      It was Brighton, not Man City!!

Untried at the moment is a kop out excuse, f**king hell lad Williams has played more games than Philips. Ten mins, Hendo covering in front, Fab at RB, would of been more secure than playing a kid out of postion who got exposed every time the ball went near him.

That's all hypothetical hindsite

When you have some BHA players telling Henderson it wasn't a pen, and Wellbeck on live tv admitting it was "soft" (sure he said that), you can be pretty sure it wasn't a pen.

Frustrating.

Yep, again 100% agree
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #423: Nov 28, 2020 03:22:30 pm
      Pants anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #424: Nov 28, 2020 03:23:28 pm
      That's all hypothetical hindsite

Yep, again 100% agree

Hindsight ;)

I know and pissed off with no three points!! Haha.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #425: Nov 28, 2020 03:24:14 pm

Frustrating.

But the problem is that it was given, comes to something when Walton says it wasn't but the bas**rds in VAR have an agenda
      Kopite78
      Reply #426: Nov 28, 2020 03:25:27 pm
      Hindsight ;)

I know and pissed off with no three points!! Haha.

Yep hindsight 🙄

Fair enough if you can be so calm about it, normally I'm very level headed about football, that I can't be which says alot to me
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #427: Nov 28, 2020 03:27:41 pm
      Right now Everton are bigger cu*ts than I thought

I did say yesterday in the Thiago thread that I thought Everton would cost us more than the 2 points we dropped in the Derby, that now looks a reality, and the Ajax game midweek is looking to be a real problem. We simply cannot afford any more injuries and they desperately need the win, not a good combination!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #428: Nov 28, 2020 03:34:08 pm
      So gutting losing a last minute goal but a draw is not the end of the world, Brighton are a good team
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #429: Nov 28, 2020 03:35:18 pm
      Worried when I saw the starting line up. It looked weak and incredibly unbalanced to me. Fears were confirmed watching the first half because apart from the first ten minutes or so, I thought we were dire. We took our foot off the gas and let brighton grow into the game and they caused us all kinds of problems. Our back four looked all over the place, in particular neco williams. I went in on him after the Atalanta game and then wondered whether I was too harsh or not but I wasn’t, the kid is miles out of his depth and is nowhere near this level. Luckily, we escaped with the penalty miss that neco gave away.

Second half was better when henderson came on. Midfield looked more balanced and neco got pulled so our defence looked more solid. Jota scored a great goal and we looked in control.  I was surprised to see salah go off. He looked fresh and sharp to me. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but can’t help but think if he remained on the pitch he would have had a chance or two and we might have seen that game out.

Then in stoppage time we concede a penalty. Read a few comments in here refusing to accept its a penalty. Don’t know where you lads have been for the past twenty years but that’s how football is now. If there’s contact, then it’s a penalty. And robertson made contact. It’s completely irrelevant what robertsons intentions were, or what his eyes were looking at, or whether welbeck had his back to goal or not so stop embarrassing yourselves or learn & understand the game before you talk sh*te about it.

What I will say is though, is how VAR has ruined the game. I knew it would. The referee has no control or opinion on anything and every decision is slowed down and analysed. Things do look different in play rather than a slowed down replay but it’s never taken into consideration.

Finally, in my opinion, Jürgen embarrassed himself a little bit in his interview and I’ll explain why. I agree 100% with everything he said and the broadcasters, FA and premierleague are definitely partly responsible for our injury crisis. However, you can’t take a huge lump sum of money from those broadcasters before the season starts and then moan when they put you on their channel. That money should have paid for a bigger squad. If Jürgen and the club want to moan about the broadcasters then sound, but don’t take their money and F**k then off then and refuse to play on their channels.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #430: Nov 28, 2020 03:36:22 pm
      Contradiction much?

Anything can look a foul slowed down and out of context

I am talking about in the context of how VAR is used now it's a penalty if the officials are slowing down potential fouls or not then this was a foul and therefore a penalty.

I don't think VAR should have been involved at all but considering it was you can not look at what Robbo did and say yeah no pen. If it happened to Salah and the shoe was on the other foot we would all be screaming pen.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #431: Nov 28, 2020 03:37:47 pm
      Well I think a point overall was fair. We were actually pretty poor for most of the game.
      The problem with VAR is that it has turned football into an emotionless sport. Like watching two people playing Fifa on the x box.
      If there is contact, it must be a foul. It’s fast becoming a non contact sport.
      Even celebrating goals is muted as most of the time they are ruled out because of an armpit or fingernail being offside.

I’m not angry we didn’t win. I’m not even frustrated. I’m just not bothered. Even watching Man City at the minute I just don’t care.

But either way, we weren’t good enough today. I’d take a draw against Ajax. Just need to qualify.

And hopefully we can strengthen in January.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #432: Nov 28, 2020 03:38:43 pm
      I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion. Wellbeck in the air with no control over the ball, probably had no idea where the ball was, back to goal, Robbo eyes only on the ball to clear which he does and makes minimal contact with Wellbeck. If that's a pen the the game is gone. Seriously a f**king awful example of VAR and officious w**ker referees wanting to be the main focus.

Because he fouled Wellbeck in the box.
      Kopite78
      Reply #433: Nov 28, 2020 03:40:43 pm
      I am talking about in the context of how VAR is used now it's a penalty if the officials are slowing down potential fouls or not then this was a foul and therefore a penalty.

I don't think VAR should have been involved at all but considering it was you can not look at what Robbo did and say yeah no pen. If it happened to Salah and the shoe was on the other foot we would all be screaming pen.

But that's my point VAR doesnt take the context into hand

So therefore it cant be taken seriously

Other way around am I screaming for it? Not once I see it back, I think it's no penalty
      What you're saying there is that people are biased rather than actually looking at the right decision, again a contradiction
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #434: Nov 28, 2020 03:46:49 pm
      But that's my point VAR doesnt take the context into hand

So therefore it cant be taken seriously

Other way around am I screaming for it? Not once I see it back, I think it's no penalty
      What you're saying there is that people are biased rather than actually looking at the right decision, again a contradiction

Maybe im too hungover for this discussion but regardless VAR, penalty or not we didn't deserve to win as I said in my post.

I see Robbo hit the opposition player knocking him off balance before getting to the ball, I think it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch so taking out my emotional attachment in the situation I agree with why it's a penalty.

You say its not fair enough, but in the grand scheme of things the bigger issue is:

We weren't good enough to win
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #435: Nov 28, 2020 03:48:33 pm
      I thought it was a pen to be honest in the current climate. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though and my god are we due a decision!

Milner getting injured killed us no doubt about it that was the final blow before the water started leaking in.

Hendo may have been better going to right back and Gini our furthest back of the midfield 3 with Curtis going on a bit.

It's at that stage now where It's inevitable points are going to be lost. If we get a point at the moment you take it.

All in all a great big mess and hopes of a title will depend a lot on the form of teams around us and a lot on going out of Europe in all honesty.

Cant do both this year.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #436: Nov 28, 2020 03:49:51 pm
      VAR is effectively re-refereeing games now. Not why it was brought in.

Just let teams be able to challenge two decisions a game and be done with it.

Quick Reply