Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson Becker
      11 (17.2%)
       Fabinho
      11 (17.2%)
      Nat Phillips
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (20.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (7.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Jan 03, 2021 09:52:10 pm

Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22406 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Newcastle United 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Dec 30, 2020 10:09:53 pm
      Wouldnā€™t blame shaq if he wanted to leave the club.

F**k off! Really? Heā€™s been a F***ing sick note along with  Matip, Keita, and Ox throughout his time here and picking up his latest injury on international duty. Yet youā€™re saying he should be somewhat aggrieved that heā€™s getting 3 minutes whilst collecting 80k a week constantly sitting on the treatment table. We have become such a sh*t fan base in particular on this forum I used to for laughs go on blue moon and the caf for some light humor but what some of you lot are serving up here is a lot worse and F***ing embarrassing. Guaranteeing we will lose against Southampton ,players are ā€œsh*t sh*tā€, Mane overrated, Salah finished.

F**k off the lot of ya.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #530: Dec 30, 2020 10:10:21 pm
      Not much to say really. It wasnā€™t a bad performance but weā€™re struggling to break these teams down at the moment and weā€™ve lost our killer touch.

We created enough chances to win the game but I still didnā€™t feel like we were going to score. It was just one of those games.

Starting to worry whether itā€™s going to be like that season we had with rafa where we just fell short because we drew too many games. We have to turn these draws into wins and fast. Weā€™ve dropped a lot of points already against teams we should be beating. Luckily for us, there arenā€™t any other teams in the league at the moment in top form.

Donā€™t know why Thiago was brought on so late and I didnā€™t see the point in bringing Shaq on in the 91st minute or whatever it was. Why where we so slow in stoppage time too? Get the ball forward and see what happens! They might crumble under the pressure.

I think weā€™re really missing Jota at the moment. Weā€™re missing his movement and he obviously has an eye for goal too.

Poor result. We move on. Need to get our act together soon though.

Klopp will NEVER make a sub before 70 minutes, wish someone would ask him why, especially when he makes a tw*t of himself banging on about 5 subs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #531: Dec 30, 2020 10:11:31 pm
      To be fair don't think the performance was the worst just woeful in front of goal. Salah had two he should bag easily, Bobby had three headers, two straight at the keeper and one wide when the goal was gaping and then we had another couple where you could say we were unlucky (Sadio one which just hit him and the keeper got lucky and the one where Robbo couldn't quite run onto a pass). That's five clear chances at least - you've got be scoring a couple of them.

Subs were weird again I thought. Fair enough to ease Thiago back in but Gini had no place coming on tonight - should have been Ox or Shaqiri to try and force the game a bit more. Then to make the final one in the 91st minute was baffling.

Anyway, we're still top on goal difference if United win that game in hand so let's look at the positives. Main one being that we're been F***ing sh*te for the majority of the campaign yet we still sit top. Oh and also that Thiago is now back to run the midfield for us (what a F***ing player).

We all know we're going to have to get better to win it and that the momentum is with other teams at the moment but we're not even halfway through yet. JĆ¼rgen will make us better in the coming weeks I'm sure.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #532: Dec 30, 2020 10:11:38 pm
      You still lump the ball forward, get it into the opposition box ffs!

'lump the ball forward'? Ah yes, hit and hope ... the hallmark of a championship winning side!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #533: Dec 30, 2020 10:12:08 pm
      Going to get a lot of hate for this but I am being reminded of when we finished second because we drew one too many games this season.

Not saying we are not performing well under the circumstances I.e injuries, no preseason etc. to be top of the league still with all we have had against us is great work.

But I just cannot shake this feeling that last season in the games against Brighton, WBA and now Newcastle we would have found a way to win.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #534: Dec 30, 2020 10:12:10 pm
      F**k off! Really? Heā€™s been a f**king sick note along with  Matip, Keita, and Ox throughout his time here and picking up his latest injury on international duty. Yet youā€™re saying he should be somewhat aggrieved that heā€™s getting 3 minutes whilst collecting 80k a week constantly sitting on the treatment table. We have become such a sh*t fan base in particular on this forum I used to for laughs go on blue moon and the caf for some light humor but what some of you lot are serving up here is a lot worse and f**king embarrassing. Guaranteeing we will lose against Southampton ,players are ā€œsh*t sh*tā€, Mane overrated, Salah finished.

F**k off the lot of ya.

Take the Rose tinted glasses off you muppet, that was 2 sh*t performances in a row, we are allowed to be annoyed.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #535: Dec 30, 2020 10:12:49 pm
      Not much to say really. It wasnā€™t a bad performance but weā€™re struggling to break these teams down at the moment and weā€™ve lost our killer touch.

We created enough chances to win the game but I still didnā€™t feel like we were going to score. It was just one of those games.

Starting to worry whether itā€™s going to be like that season we had with rafa where we just fell short because we drew too many games. We have to turn these draws into wins and fast. Weā€™ve dropped a lot of points already against teams we should be beating. Luckily for us, there arenā€™t any other teams in the league at the moment in top form.

Donā€™t know why Thiago was brought on so late and I didnā€™t see the point in bringing Shaq on in the 91st minute or whatever it was. Why where we so slow in stoppage time too? Get the ball forward and see what happens! They might crumble under the pressure.

I think weā€™re really missing Jota at the moment. Weā€™re missing his movement and he obviously has an eye for goal too.

Poor result. We move on. Need to get our act together soon though.

When is Jota back?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #536: Dec 30, 2020 10:13:02 pm
      with 3 minutes left of injury time we are passing the ball sideways at the back WTF!!

how did we put 7 pass Palace then only get 1 in our next 2 games
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #537: Dec 30, 2020 10:13:09 pm
      'lump the ball forward'? Ah yes, hit and hope ... the hallmark of a championship winning side!

Is passing it side to side more likely to win a game?
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #538: Dec 30, 2020 10:13:39 pm
      Bellend Neville tweeting joint top, do one rat face gotta win it first
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #539: Dec 30, 2020 10:13:59 pm
      I do think Jones might need a couple of games on the bench ... Oxlade-Chamberlain deserves a run in the team
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #540: Dec 30, 2020 10:14:57 pm
      with 3 minutes left of injury time we are passing the ball sideways at the back WTF!!

how did we put 7 pass Palace then only get 1 in our next 2 games

Palace didn't park buses
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #541: Dec 30, 2020 10:15:27 pm
      Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum every game now please
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #542: Dec 30, 2020 10:15:28 pm
      Bellend Neville tweeting joint top, do one rat face gotta win it first

Last time I looked they were still three points behind us.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #543: Dec 30, 2020 10:15:51 pm
      Is passing it side to side more likely to win a game?

My point was that he had noone to pass it to because they were all so static

However, to answer your question ... yes, passing it side to side is more likely because it means you keep the ball. Your strategy involves giving the opposition the ball back straight away
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #544: Dec 30, 2020 10:16:32 pm

reason why we lacking a quality play maker 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #545: Dec 30, 2020 10:16:38 pm
      Take the Rose tinted glasses off you muppet, that was 2 sh*t performances in a row, we are allowed to be annoyed.

West Brom was a sh*t performance.

Tonight was an ok but incredibly frustrating performance.

And some of the comments on Mane and Salah are hugely OTT.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #546: Dec 30, 2020 10:17:03 pm
      Well Thiago was boss (one sh*te pass apart)

And the positives end there.....

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #547: Dec 30, 2020 10:17:17 pm

Another month yet at least
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,129 posts | 83 
      Reply #548: Dec 30, 2020 10:18:14 pm

Yes. Don't look at the score, look at the high percentage chances. We had about 4, Newcastle maybe 1. It was just bad luck. Forget about bs like "being clinical". It's an illusion. Football is a statistical game if you know what I mean.

But of course besides that we can talk about Phillips and Jones struggling, about Shaq's super-late cameo, about our front three struggling to get something going. There's always room to improve. But who cares. Now that we have Thiago we will not lose or draw anymore. The dude is literally worth two players. And if Shaq stops blackmailing JĆ¼rgen with his extramarital affair then he'll get more minutes and will contribute. That's maybe the biggest thing I blame JĆ¼rgen for: he's just underappreciating Shaq (I know he was injured a lot, but he also had healthy times and still was not where he belongs: into this team...we lack those deadly passes Shaq can provide, but fortunately now we have Thiago for that too).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #549: Dec 30, 2020 10:18:46 pm

F**k sake
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #550: Dec 30, 2020 10:18:55 pm
      Well Thiago was boss (one sh*te pass apart)

And the positives end there.....

Wasn't even a sh*t pass just cleverly intercepted.

He's a massive plus now going in to the new year.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,003 posts | 223 
      Reply #551: Dec 30, 2020 10:19:16 pm
      My point was that he had noone to pass it to because they were all so static

However, to answer your question ... yes, passing it side to side is more likely because it means you keep the ball. Your strategy involves giving the opposition the ball back straight away

side to side at the back in the last 3 mins of injury time more likely going to win us the game?

Quick Reply