Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leics?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      15 (23.4%)
      Ozan Kabak
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (18.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (12.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (18.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2021 02:23:20 pm

Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25460 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Feb 13, 2021 09:32:08 pm
      Would take Grealish all day long in our midfield

Creative mid like Grealish would be ok in guess, but we have Thiago, who, when back in his natural position, could easily fulfill that role.  One thing for certain though, an extensive shopping list is required for next season...

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #714: Feb 13, 2021 09:37:37 pm
      Would take Grealish all day long in our midfield

I only ever watch Villa so I can watch him play. World class.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #715: Feb 13, 2021 09:43:10 pm
      For 70 minutes or so we controlled the game, scored in the second half to take the lead then pretty much imploded allowing them to score 3 in 7 minutes including another clanger from Alisson. I think that's where the anger on the thread since full time has come from, we literally threw it away.

Something to work with then maybe.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #716: Feb 13, 2021 10:34:52 pm
      Im still not convinced it was a free, but it was definitely offside, cnuts
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #717: Feb 13, 2021 10:36:01 pm
      How that wasnt a foul on Mane?? And Kabak has that ball covered for the 2nd
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #718: Feb 13, 2021 10:41:17 pm
      I don’t see how we get out of this slump?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #719: Feb 13, 2021 10:43:41 pm
      I don’t see how we get out of this slump?

Tuesday we get a performance and a result and go from there
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #720: Feb 13, 2021 10:44:45 pm
      How that wasnt a foul on Mane?? And Kabak has that ball covered for the 2nd

Just watch the second goal again when Pereira plays the ball Kabak has two on him one either side Fbs way out of position and Henderson for some reason not goalside of Vardy even if Ali stays on line its very likely with Kabak stretching it will fall to Vardy or Barnes poor defending all round
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #721: Feb 13, 2021 10:47:07 pm
      Im still not convinced it was a free, but it was definitely offside, cnuts

Could easily of been a pen so got away with it but it was how quick  they said onside Ali will be disappointed  he didn't get something on it
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #722: Feb 13, 2021 10:51:33 pm
      Could easily of been a pen so got away with it but it was how quick  they said onside Ali will be disappointed  he didn't get something on it

If I take us out of the equation, so im watching any other game, my reaction is the player knocks the ball by 2 players, no control on his next move so goes between both players and goes to ground.

Thiago was not even looking at the player he watches the ball and doesnt move his foot towards Barnes, so wheres the foul?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #723: Feb 13, 2021 10:52:33 pm
      Just watch the second goal again when Pereira plays the ball Kabak has two on him one either side Fbs way out of position and Henderson for some reason not goalside of Vardy even if Ali stays on line its very likely with Kabak stretching it will fall to Vardy or Barnes poor defending all round

Yeah great spot but I think Kabak gets enough to at worst allow Aliy come onto the ball as it breaks
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #724: Feb 13, 2021 10:53:58 pm
      Tuesday we get a performance and a result and go from there

Please 🙏🙏
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #725: Feb 13, 2021 10:58:04 pm
      Yeah great spot but I think Kabak gets enough to at worst allow Aliy come onto the ball as it breaks

Possibly on the stretch yes could have gone to Ali instead of keeper sometimes we miss the other aspects if Hendo was on the right side he could have got it as well but has he wasn't just rolled straight to Vardy a mess of a goal really
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #726: Feb 13, 2021 10:59:11 pm
      If I take us out of the equation, so im watching any other game, my reaction is the player knocks the ball by 2 players, no control on his next move so goes between both players and goes to ground.

Thiago was not even looking at the player he watches the ball and doesnt move his foot towards Barnes, so wheres the foul?

To be honest I haven't really studied the contact when watching live was just looking to the lines and preying no pen
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #727: Feb 13, 2021 11:00:59 pm
      To be honest I haven't really studied the contact when watching live was just looking to the lines and preying no pen

I watched it live on a small screen was convinced then it was soft, mitd now on main screen has not changed my mind but did highlight Thiagos lack of any tackle to concede a foul
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #728: Feb 13, 2021 11:04:47 pm
      I watched it live on a small screen was convinced then it was soft, mitd now on main screen has not changed my mind but did highlight Thiagos lack of any tackle to concede a foul

Ref was poor card happy one he give Kabak was nothing short of embarrassing
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      Reply #729: Feb 13, 2021 11:18:04 pm

100%. Shows the state of the game today from an officiating point of view
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #730: Feb 13, 2021 11:22:11 pm
      But none of our players are really old and some of them like Trent are really young.

I believe we were top of the league at xmas and then suddenly our players forgot how to play. The amount of individual errors we have seen are not really because someone got older and lost a step.

What a load of tosh,forgot how to play??maybe if the right players played in their right positions and FSG put their hands in their pockets at the beginning of the window we wouldn't be in this position,the support the front 3 get from the midfield is non existent,the assists the forwards get from the midfield is non existent,the protection the defence get from the midfield is non existent,this is leading to mane not even tracking back to help Robbo out like he did all of last season,Firmino's form for nearly a year (with only a few games he has played well) when Jota got injured Jürgen played Minamino for a little while then gave that lump of wood Origi more than enough chances but every Liverpool fan knows he's been crap since the start of the 2019-20 season.Our midfield without Fab and Hendo is utter rubbish (Jones will be a good player but not at the moment) just watch MOTD for their analysis of Thiago,i have been saying that for ages,he can't tackle,loses every 50/50 header,doesn't track back properly and when he does he gives away needless fouls in dangerous positions,has zero assists,doesn't score,has no pace.Gini has been on the plane to Spain for months.Loads of people on here have a crack at Salah in the last month or so but he's always gives 100% and works his socks off helping the defence,he is the leagues top scorer and has won the golden boot a few times,at the moment he's feeding off scraps,i understand why he was pissed with Jürgen for not getting the captaincy in the CL game,his bubbly personality,likeability factor and determination to win at all costs is just a few of his traits so why not give him the captaincy for a dead rubber CL game as he was the most senior player for us on the night in the starting 11 except for the lump of wood Origi.I love Jürgen but he HAS got to put Fab and Hendo back in midfield to get stability and balance of the team right.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts | 28 
      Reply #731: Feb 13, 2021 11:45:01 pm
      Ref was poor but so were we.  How can the new guy (can't even remember his name) play ahead of Nat Philips?  He couldn't even pass the ball beyond 10 yards.  Nat Philips is no Virgil but he looks solid in his limited appearances.  From what the boss put on the team list and the sub he used, he seems lost.  I blame the boss for our downfall and I know well this is not the knee jerk thread.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #732: Feb 13, 2021 11:51:10 pm
      What a load of tosh,forgot how to play??maybe if the right players played in their right positions and FSG put their hands in their pockets at the beginning of the window we wouldn't be in this position,the support the front 3 get from the midfield is non existent,the assists the forwards get from the midfield is non existent,the protection the defence get from the midfield is non existent,this is leading to mane not even tracking back to help Robbo out like he did all of last season,Firmino's form for nearly a year (with only a few games he has played well) when Jota got injured Jürgen played Minamino for a little while then gave that lump of wood Origi more than enough chances but every Liverpool fan knows he's been crap since the start of the 2019-20 season.Our midfield without Fab and Hendo is utter rubbish (Jones will be a good player but not at the moment) just watch MOTD for their analysis of Thiago,i have been saying that for ages,he can't tackle,loses every 50/50 header,doesn't track back properly and when he does he gives away needless fouls in dangerous positions,has zero assists,doesn't score,has no pace.Gini has been on the plane to Spain for months.Loads of people on here have a crack at Salah in the last month or so but he's always gives 100% and works his socks off helping the defence,he is the leagues top scorer and has won the golden boot a few times,at the moment he's feeding off scraps,i understand why he was pissed with Jürgen for not getting the captaincy in the CL game,his bubbly personality,likeability factor and determination to win at all costs is just a few of his traits so why not give him the captaincy for a dead rubber CL game as he was the most senior player for us on the night in the starting 11 except for the lump of wood Origi.I love Jürgen but he HAS got to put Fab and Hendo back in midfield to get stability and balance of the team right.

Mate word of advice paragraphs and new sentences.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #733: Feb 14, 2021 12:42:19 am
      Mate word of advice paragraphs and new sentences.

Full stops?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #734: Feb 14, 2021 01:35:44 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #735: Feb 14, 2021 01:36:50 am

Combine that with the push on Mane which we got F**k all for and lead up to one of their goals!!

Quick Reply