Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leics?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      15 (23.4%)
      Ozan Kabak
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      12 (18.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      5 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (12.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      12 (18.8%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Feb 17, 2021 02:23:20 pm

Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25491 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Re: Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Feb 13, 2021 06:30:13 pm
      Perhaps I'm not explaining myself the way I want to. I'm in no way claiming that Klopp isn't great, he is for sure. I'm just perplexed at how he handled this season and some of the setbacks. I think we need some hugs and the fire that he brings rather than him going after Pep and City or getting frustrated with reporters questions.

Its a crazy season and the injuries are killer. Nothing is falling ournway right now. He is also going through and unimaginable time with the loss of his mother.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #691: Feb 13, 2021 06:32:23 pm
      Could you clarify what Klopp did the last three months that he didn't do previously, which made you feel he was unprofessional?

I'm sure many of us would like to be enlightened on how Klopp became unprofessional in the last three months. Who knows, if it was a darn good reason, I may be swayed by you after hearing you out.

Has Klopp adapted tactically to the loss of all 4 regular CB's, has he adapted tactically to a horrific run of games dating back to 2020?

Best manager in the world, not at the moment, not even close. I hope he gets us back as I love the man, but I'm losing faith every humbling defeat.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #692: Feb 13, 2021 06:37:32 pm
      I wish I didn't put so much of my life into this team, but I can't help it. If we don't make top 4 this team will be broke up and it's back to middle of the table and rebuilding. My biggest worry is that Klopp hasn't handled any of this very well. All season long he's made one excuse after another. Subs, fixtures, injuries, VAR, Covid, etc. All are valid points for sure, but in the end of the day it is what it is and you have to deal with it. Were not the only ones who are suffering. I know the CB situation and injury list, but you have to go on. He has had defeatist attitude for a while now, and it appears to be rubbing off. I love the dude, but im completely shocked by him this season.

FSG suck, the injuries are ridiculous, Mane and TAA are a shell of themselves, lack of fans hurts for sure, and VAR stinks. But we are Liverpool, we have to be better than this. Outside of Hendo the leadership is gone

We are all as frustrated as you are. To me the answer was simple. FSG needed to bolster the Squad and failed to do so. Do you honestly believe that Klopp wanted Kabak or Davies to replace van Dijk and Gomez?

Klopp has been left on his own by the owners. He won't be left on his own by us.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #693: Feb 13, 2021 06:39:11 pm
      For sure.

Klopp has been frustrated with the form and this wacky season, and that is certainly understandable. But I just feel you have to be more professional with how you do it, because it can bring bad heat and unnecessary attention when you are losing, and that's added pressure that can be distracting. There's already enough to distract our guys in moment anyway.

Klopp has gone at reporters after losses here lately and showed his frustration.

He insinuated City had 2 weeks off for Covid and said that they got special treatment. I hate City as much as I hate anyone, and I feel they do get special treatment, but in this case his timing was off. I think it was only like 7-9 days. And why talk about other teams? Why not just focus on yours? Fails to mention we had almost 2 extra weeks of time off from last season to this one over them.

He has complained about fixture list and lack of subs a lot this season. He has talked about the lack of protection of players by the FA, however, he plays a star player in Jota in a throw away game and he gets injured. Why not practice what you preach?

We all know he's very expressive. Many times he would say we weren't good enough as well. With benefit of doubt, he might have meant our poor performances were not helped by these things.

If one constantly absolves responsibility over a prolonged period of time then yes - pass a final judgement. But I don't think he has gone extreme yet. He's probably just honest about things. Also still honest about us not playing to that level of intensity etc. This one, not for me. That's me view.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #694: Feb 13, 2021 06:41:09 pm
      We are all as frustrated as you are. To me the answer was simple. FSG needed to bolster the Squad and failed to do so. Do you honestly believe that Klopp wanted Kabak or Davies to replace van Dijk and Gomez?

Klopp has been left on his own by the owners. He won't be left on his own by us.

Klopp needs to try to find a plan B, radical concept I know but for the world's best manager, surely possible.

For a start ditch this suicidal high line and switch to counter attack. Then you can rotate some more players, give them a rest to reduce injuries.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #695: Feb 13, 2021 06:44:31 pm

I definitely think you are right, and it seems I failed to express myself the way I wanted. Klopp is an amazing manager and maybe I built him up too much in my head. I feel the best manager in the world should handle this spell better than he has. But, the dude is only human. He's going through hell right now, and YNWA needs to mean something in bad too. So I think he's handled this season well? No. Do I support Klopp and think he's the best in football? For sure

I agree that he was set up to fail this season by FSG. Definitely need to spend this summer. We will see I guess
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #696: Feb 13, 2021 06:46:30 pm

Stop deflecting blame. There are world class players all over the squad getting paid millions and playing at a fraction of their ability. THEY are responsible for their own shithouse performance and have let everyone down. That we have not scored a goal from open play so far this calendar year at Anfield is on the players. That Mane misses sitters and hasn’t scored in ages is on him.  Trent getting skinned by Sterling, leaving the Brighton player all alone is on him. Alisson costing us 3 goals is in him. The list goes on. Stop making excuses.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #697: Feb 13, 2021 06:48:54 pm
      Missed this game as I was working.

Didn't expect to lose 3-1 if I'm honest.

We're we poor folks?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #698: Feb 13, 2021 06:55:06 pm

We're we poor folks?

Genuinely played well up until about the 75th minute when we conceded. Up until then we deserved our lead and probably another goal or two.

Few minutes of madness cost us. The Brighton & Burnley games we were shocking, but I can't really explain this performance. All seemed sound, then I blinked and it was 3-1
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #699: Feb 13, 2021 06:55:09 pm

We're we poor folks?

Not great but wouldn't say Poor deserved the lead I thought and with 12 minutes to go looking good but head explosion from few individuals and there you have it
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #700: Feb 13, 2021 06:57:43 pm
      Seemed to be playing okay until more defensive mix ups, once again cost us dearly, listening on the radio that was my impression of the game today. Need to sort out the defence, or we will keep dropping points & drop further down the table.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #701: Feb 13, 2021 07:02:40 pm
      Stop deflecting blame. There are world class players all over the squad getting paid millions and playing at a fraction of their ability. THEY are responsible for their own shithouse performance and have let everyone down. That we have not scored a goal from open play so far this calendar year at Anfield is on the players. That Mane misses sitters and hasn’t scored in ages is on him.  Trent getting skinned by Sterling, leaving the Brighton player all alone is on him. Alisson costing us 3 goals is in him. The list goes on. Stop making excuses.

I agree with you on this for sure, but I think what he is saying is that the writing has been on the wall for a bolster is the squad, and FSG missed the boat on this. City are the only ones dealing with this season positively, and that's because they have owners who put money into the squad, year in and year out. I know they're corrupt and rich, but it is what it is.

We have played a sh*t ton of footy the past 3 years, mostly with the same starting 11. Klopp doesn't rotate much, perhaps he should. However, the dropp off to the starting 11 to the squad guys is stark. We need some owners that will back the manager with a deep squad. Can't compete with City unless u do
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #702: Feb 13, 2021 07:04:18 pm

The idea is probably this:

FSG gives money to buy more players -> assume we bring in more world class players (big assumption, right players, right price etc.) -> our players will feel threatened and would avoid making those mistakes -> we would not have gone on this bad run -> FSG's fault (easy party to blame).

Note that there's a big assumption in between. Players feeling threatened and avoiding mistakes is also another big assumption. I'm not too sure if blaming FSG is fair since there are too many assumptions in between.

I think blaming the guys who execute is more valid. They won the last few trophies after all.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #703: Feb 13, 2021 07:10:26 pm
      I think blaming the guys who execute is more valid. They won the last few trophies after all.

They are ultimately the ones playing the games and should be lauded when they win and not made excuses for when they lose, particularly when so many times it has been due to individual errors. They get paid millions, train in world class facilities by a world class manager and treated first class from the moment they put pen to paper. They are responsible for their own performances which have been well below their ability, and that is on them.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #704: Feb 13, 2021 07:13:04 pm

Yet you make them for the owners at every given chance. They aren't anywhere near perfect as you know.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #705: Feb 13, 2021 07:17:28 pm
      The idea is probably this:

FSG gives money to buy more players -> assume we bring in more world class players (big assumption, right players, right price etc.) -> our players will feel threatened and would avoid making those mistakes -> we would not have gone on this bad run -> FSG's fault (easy party to blame).

Note that there's a big assumption in between. Players feeling threatened and avoiding mistakes is also another big assumption. I'm not too sure if blaming FSG is fair since there are too many assumptions in between.

Mane and TAA have been well below average for a while now, it doesn't make you a bad supporter to say that. It's clear as day on the pitch. A lot of guys are below their standards this year. But, maybe these are just their new standards? Players get older and loose a step or two. Especially when they play as much as our starting 11 have the last few years. Klopp demands intensity from his guys, but to what cost? It certainly works, look at what we have achieved these past 3 seasons. But, it doesn't mean that it hasn't taken a toll on players performances.

That's why I say top 4 is so paramount for us. We NEED to spend, that much is clear. Right now no one is making money. The UCL will be important next season b/c hopefully by then we will have fans back in the stands. We need to have a team that can make money by performing well, aswell as atleast 3 extra nights of European Football to fill our stands and bring in revenue. Our owners are stingy and usually only spend when they sell. Without CL football and a season and a half of no fans we damn sure will be hanging on to our money. CL football is key to holding on to our top players, attracting others, and making more money next season.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #706: Feb 13, 2021 07:19:26 pm
      I agree with you on this for sure, but I think what he is saying is that the writing has been on the wall for a bolster is the squad, and FSG missed the boat on this. City are the only ones dealing with this season positively, and that's because they have owners who put money into the squad, year in and year out. I know they're corrupt and rich, but it is what it is.

We have played a sh*t ton of footy the past 3 years, mostly with the same starting 11. Klopp doesn't rotate much, perhaps he should. However, the dropp off to the starting 11 to the squad guys is stark. We need some owners that will back the manager with a deep squad. Can't compete with City unless u do

FSG got undone by no fans after expanding Anfield's capacity, which was supposed to shore up finances for the future. Then we have the argument that they should have put in more money of their own. Their personal wealth may have been hit by the pandemic as well, as asset prices devalue due to a cutback in economic activities. And so we it is what it is. I don't call that an excuse but it's just normal that no full blown transfer activities are carried out.

We have also heard Klopp saying that it is difficult to find the right players to improve our squad. Top it up with the players may be fatigued... I guess we just have to manage with existing resources given the current situation. It's not easy. Even a world class manager like Klopp is having a challenge. But that's his job to manage. That's what he's paid to do. If he's world class, he'll turn it around. Otherwise, like every other employee who miss targets consistently, they'll be replaced eventually. I'm backing him to turn things around.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #707: Feb 13, 2021 07:29:00 pm
      Mane and TAA have been well below average for a while now, it doesn't make you a bad supporter to say that. It's clear as day on the pitch. A lot of guys are below their standards this year. But, maybe these are just their new standards? Players get older and loose a step or two. Especially when they play as much as our starting 11 have the last few years. Klopp demands intensity from his guys, but to what cost? It certainly works, look at what we have achieved these past 3 seasons. But, it doesn't mean that it hasn't taken a toll on players performances

But none of our players are really old and some of them like Trent are really young.

I believe we were top of the league at xmas and then suddenly our players forgot how to play. The amount of individual errors we have seen are not really because someone got older and lost a step.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #708: Feb 13, 2021 07:30:30 pm
      Mane and TAA have been well below average for a while now, it doesn't make you a bad supporter to say that. It's clear as day on the pitch. A lot of guys are below their standards this year. But, maybe these are just their new standards? Players get older and loose a step or two. Especially when they play as much as our starting 11 have the last few years. Klopp demands intensity from his guys, but to what cost? It certainly works, look at what we have achieved these past 3 seasons. But, it doesn't mean that it hasn't taken a toll on players performances.

That's why I say top 4 is so paramount for us. We NEED to spend, that much is clear. Right now no one is making money. The UCL will be important next season b/c hopefully by then we will have fans back in the stands. We need to have a team that can make money by performing well, aswell as atleast 3 extra nights of European Football to fill our stands and bring in revenue. Our owners are stingy and usually only spend when they sell. Without CL football and a season and a half of no fans we damn sure will be hanging on to our money. CL football is key to holding on to our top players, attracting others, and making more money next season.

This is tough. We need new energy and there's no money. It goes back to the manager and using existing resources. If only blaming the owners a million times here would get us new money. We could mention but that wouldn't change a thing. Which means everyone at the club has to knuckle down and put in a shift for now. No excuses. Work out solutions to bring back the points.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,264 posts | 1118 
      Reply #709: Feb 13, 2021 07:34:31 pm
      But none of our players are really old and some of them like Trent are really young.

I believe we were top of the league at xmas and then suddenly our players forgot how to play. The amount of individual errors we have seen are not really because someone got older and lost a step.

I hear you. But, think about it. Christmas time is the most congested time of the season. We already have a thin squad as it is, but then you ask guys to play every few days.

I do think guys like TAA don't really fall into this line of thinking as hebis young. He has basically sucked since project restart, and for the life of me I can't tell ya why. I do think Mane looks sluggish, and IMO his intensity has always been his best asset, as his finishing and touch isn't on par with guys like Salah.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #710: Feb 13, 2021 08:44:42 pm

We're we poor folks?

For 70 minutes or so we controlled the game, scored in the second half to take the lead then pretty much imploded allowing them to score 3 in 7 minutes including another clanger from Alisson. I think that's where the anger on the thread since full time has come from, we literally threw it away.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #711: Feb 13, 2021 08:50:41 pm
      Was at work myself watching what I could on my phone. Yup, controlled the game pretty much, then Thiago gives away yet another pointless foul, goal given somehow by VAR, then capitulation. Mad how last seasons’ magnificent run is the mirror opposite of where we are currently...
      glennusmc

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #712: Feb 13, 2021 09:23:07 pm
      Would take Grealish all day long in our midfield

Quick Reply