Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30534 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 0-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Feb 20, 2021 09:39:22 pm
      Jürgen wasted no time putting Kabak in but at the same time decided to bench Phillips, who had done nothing wrong whenever he played. Today he was solid once again after coming in. That’s on Jürgen and no one else.

But that is not our biggest issue, which is an absolute lack of intensity and freaking pride out on the pitch. After what Everton did to us earlier in the season we should have come out like we did against Barcelona and chased them around like a pack of hungry dogs. Instead we were asleep and got scored on needlessly. The second biggest problem, or 1A problem, is that our top scorers forgot how to score at home. The amount of chances they have missed is unreal. The fact that our last goal from open play at Anfield was back in December is all from personal performance.

Dont think you have said anything short of spot on
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #737: Feb 20, 2021 09:39:41 pm
      On the 3 players you have singled out agree wholly with Bobby . Kabak I think you could be right but in my view needs a few more games to confirm it . Curtis Jones is not the quickest and does come across Surly at times and like Gini holds on to the ball too much always safe and taking an extra touch they do not fit playing together but definately  think there is a player there with some fine tuning

I think Jones has good feet mate. Technically I think he’s a good player. But i think he slows the game down by taking too many touches and trying to be to clever. I also want to see more from him. More effort. More work rate.

Kabak I’ll be gobsmacked if he ever proves me wrong. I understand he needs to settle, new league, new language, new team mates and so on. But I just don’t see anything in him at all. He looks like a pub player.

Bobby needs taking out the 9 role now. He doesn’t offer much any more. Sometimes in games we might only get one or two chances and that’s when you need somebody like Aguero or Kane in your side. They take those type of chances and Bobby doesn’t.

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #738: Feb 20, 2021 09:40:19 pm
      When he's fit id like to see us go with jota through the middle up top.

I'd also try Trent in midfield ... abit of energy, pace, zip and directness could help us be less predictable.

If leipzig score first they will do us 2nd leg. This team in its current form has no answer when it concedes first.

I honestly feel keeping our best players will be difficult this summer. Teams will sense an opportunity to hurt us further and won't stand still like we did.

We went a whole transfer window without signing a single first team player. We said we had bills to pay. Tbh I'm still shocked from that alone
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #739: Feb 20, 2021 09:41:11 pm
      Jürgen wasted no time putting Kabak in but at the same time decided to bench Phillips, who had done nothing wrong whenever he played. Today he was solid once again after coming in. That’s on Jürgen and no one else.

But that is not our biggest issue, which is an absolute lack of intensity and freaking pride out on the pitch. After what Everton did to us earlier in the season we should have come out like we did against Barcelona and chased them around like a pack of hungry dogs. Instead we were asleep and got scored on needlessly. The second biggest problem, or 1A problem, is that our top scorers forgot how to score at home. The amount of chances they have missed is unreal. The fact that our last goal from open play at Anfield was back in December is all from personal performance.

Phillips ain't good enough I am afraid dives in too much as the second goal will prove time to give Davies a go or what was the point signing him
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #740: Feb 20, 2021 09:43:11 pm
      Phillips ain't good enough I am afraid dives in too much as the second goal will prove time to give Davies a go or what was the point signing him

Better than Kabak on the evidence so far...

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #741: Feb 20, 2021 09:43:14 pm
      We went a whole transfer window without signing a single first team player. We said we had bills to pay. Tbh I'm still shocked from that alone

What window was that then mmmwhop?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #742: Feb 20, 2021 09:43:21 pm
      I called on us getting rid of Jones last post match and got absolutely annihilated for it.

He's slow, his attitude is sh*t and he does nothing for us.

I remember him playing a decent 90 mins against a league two side in an FA cup tie then coming out and saying I need more playing time.

He is no Phil Foden, Mason Greenwood (off the boil this year but still f**king punished us well enough) or Bukayo Saka

Assume you didn't watch the game midweek when he was excellent
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #743: Feb 20, 2021 09:43:48 pm
      I think Jones has good feet mate. Technically I think he’s a good player. But i think he slows the game down by taking too many touches and trying to be to clever. I also want to see more from him. More effort. More work rate.

Kabak I’ll be gobsmacked if he ever proves me wrong. I understand he needs to settle, new league, new language, new team mates and so on. But I just don’t see anything in him at all. He looks like a pub player.

Bobby needs taking out the 9 role now. He doesn’t offer much any more. Sometimes in games we might only get one or two chances and that’s when you need somebody like Aguero or Kane in your side. They take those type of chances and Bobby doesn’t.

Good points and my gut says same about Kabak . Jones ain't the quickest maybe and does dally a bit maybe its age or confidence but work in progress and think will be fine
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #744: Feb 20, 2021 09:46:46 pm
      Better than Kabak on the evidence so far...

Possibly true although thought he did ok midweek . Davies is a LF CB surely need a look at him against Sheff utd if not what was the point
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #745: Feb 20, 2021 09:46:47 pm
      Agreed. It's a freak situation. We aren't handling it too well, but we will be a different team once Virgil, Gomez and Jota are back fit.

That's it. Even if we miss out on the Champions Leauge I cant see players leaving in their droves. Majority of the squad has already won it. We'll challenge for the title next season regardless
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #746: Feb 20, 2021 09:47:50 pm

Or the last few before that where we went to sh*t after he was brought off
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #747: Feb 20, 2021 09:48:09 pm
      Shambles from start to finish and it’s difficult to say this but we were beaten by the better team.

It was another case of a team allowing us to have possession but we were completely clueless with the ball. They took their chances and exposed just how sh*te we are at the back.

I don’t think anybody had a good game today apart from maybe Trent. But there are three players I want to single out.

First of all kabak. Couldn’t care less if he’s been here 5 minutes or 5 years. Sh*te. All over the place. Clumsy. Slow. He’s just a car crash waiting to happen. It says it all when I’m missing Dejan Lovren because he’s in our team. He’s awful. Never want him to play for us ever again. This isn’t a knee jerk either. You can see already he isn’t anywhere near this level.

Curtis Jones. He appears to be marmite amongst Liverpool fans. Some rate him, some dont. I’m in the I don’t rate him one bit group. I just don’t see what he offers. All I see is a player who holds on to the ball far too long, think he’s far better than what he is and I don’t think he has a good attitude either. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him break a sweat. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him sprint. Honestly the reds who go on and on saying he’s going to be some superstar are talking absolute pony.

Bobby. I’ll always love bobby but his time is up now I’m afraid. He needs replacing and we need a proper striker. If some of those chances he had today tell to an Aguero, or a Kane, or a haaland then we probably score one or two dont we. Two efforts in particular were shockingly bad. One was a shot where my ten year old lad would have got more power on, and another landed in block 306 of the kop. His fancy flicks are no longer enough to justify his place in this team.

Those three really annoyed me today but as I’ve said nobody played well. Thiago and mane were sh*te once again too and have been for several weeks.

Getting frustrated with Jürgen too. I know his hands are somewhat tied and the 11 that started today was the best we could put out, but we go into every game with the same tactics and set up. We don’t have a plan B. I’ve got no problem with our plan A when we have a fit team, afterall it’s plan A that has won us trophies and what we’ve been successful with, but currently we need a plan B to weather this storm and we simply don’t have one. We’re far too predictable and easy to play against.

I’d just bin the league now if I was Jürgen.  It’s a risky strategy but I’d just focus solely on the champions league. We can’t afford any more injuries like the one we saw Hendo get today. Rest the lads for league games who are going to play in Europe and play the likes of origi, ox, shaq in the league. It also puts them in the shop window for any potential buyer because we need a huge clear out in the summer.

Absolutely gutted tonight.

The plan b point is right, he needs to
      Change something because it can’t get much worse
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #748: Feb 20, 2021 09:53:29 pm
      What window was that then mmmwhop?

19-20 or was you in a coma for that?

Yes we won the league after but we allowed everyone to get closer to us.

United got Bruno, Mcguire Wan Bisaka etc that year. Changed them completely. They got closer and now are above us.

Spurs signed Ndombele, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and someone else. They got closer.

Chelsea had an embargo then came and bought everyone on Fifa. They got closer and now are above us.

City signed Cancelo and Rodri and are now way ahead of us
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #749: Feb 20, 2021 09:54:24 pm

One good game in 10 is good enough for you then
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #750: Feb 20, 2021 09:57:51 pm

United got Bruno, Mcguire Wan Bisaka etc that year. Changed them completely. They got closer and now are above us.

Chelsea had an embargo then came and bought everyone on Fifa. They got closer and now are above us.

"Yes we won the league BUT.." 😂😂😂
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #751: Feb 20, 2021 10:00:20 pm

Well why don't you F**k off and support one of those clubs so?

Clown.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #752: Feb 20, 2021 10:01:29 pm
      The same owners who went to the pound shop on the last day of the transfer window.

In the same window that seem the lowest spent in almost a decade.

If only I can think of some reason football clubs are not spending big money right now🤔
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #753: Feb 20, 2021 10:03:22 pm

the one we signed Jota, Thiago and and Tsimikas?  Or the one we signed Minamino?

If you mean the one when only van den berg came in but ee won the league anyway can I ask ye what possible F***ing issue you have with that? What kind of gobs***e moans about a transfer window that we end up winning the league after?

Coma 🤣 you ignorant c**t
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #754: Feb 20, 2021 10:06:11 pm
      the one we signed Jota, Thiago and and Tsimikas?  Or the one we signed Minamino?

If you mean the one when only van den berg came in but ee won the league anyway can I ask ye what possible f**king issue you have with that? What kind of gobs***e moans about a transfer window that we end up winning the league after?

Coma 🤣 you ignorant c**t

They got closer clever clogs. That was my point. We allowed them a year on us
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #755: Feb 20, 2021 10:11:54 pm
      They got closer clever clogs. That was my point. We allowed them a year on us

They didnt get closer you thick because we won the league, how is that getting closer?

We signed what we needed bar 1 centre galf this summer and that wouldnt have matteted only for the total cluster F**k of an injury run we have had.

That injury list doesnt happen then we assume, but  not definite, that we arent seeing the results webe seen. Does Virg playing stop Bobby missing those chances? Well never know.

Teams got closer for several reasons this year but 100% not for the transfer window you  selected
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #756: Feb 20, 2021 10:13:29 pm
      Why don't you actual put forward a constructive criticism of my post or shut your f**king mouth?

He’s been here years, good poster.

You’ve turned up when we’ve hit sh*t form.  Everybody knows you’re a Manc. How you’ve not been banned yet I’ll never know.

You don’t even hide it either  :lmao: ... every post you refer to united. David de gea this, Greenwood that, united signed this player, united signed that player.

You might be sitting in your little bedsit laughing on your phone just before you finger your sister thinking it’s funny, but we all think you’re a F***ing blurt.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #757: Feb 20, 2021 10:20:07 pm

Deffo a United supporter
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1104 
      Reply #758: Feb 20, 2021 10:26:10 pm
      I dont think a lot of people understand the ramifications of top 4, and how paramount missing out on it is for a team contending for major trophies. One slip up can set you back years.

A few things that need to be considered:

We talk about selling Ox, Origi, Matip, Wilson, Gruijic, and Ojo is fine and dandy. However, no one is making money, so how do lesser teams buy these players?

And if we get them sold, what's the attraction to us over other top players over other top clubs? Ideally, everyone thought the way I did and knew there's no better club in the world than us, but it's just not that way. Geographically we can't compete with Bara and Real. Our league isn't as easy as it is for PSG and Bayern. So what are we selling of we don't have CL? The grind of the PL? How physical and grueling it is? Most millennials don't want something hard.

Our history, Klopp, and CL are our selling points atm. Anfield is a nice feather in the cap in ideal times. We have to find a way to get in the CL. Im worried at this point we won't, and that could truly set us back

Also, F**k you if you are someone who resorts to putting someone down after reading an opinion that differs than yours. I guess YNWA means YNWA unless you have an opinion that is different than yours?
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2021 10:31:15 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »

Quick Reply