Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32459 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Mar 07, 2021 04:20:39 pm
      Klopp has some blame, sure, but the majority is on the players. He can't play for them. Just look at Fulham's goal today. WTF is Mo doing with such careless play?

If VVD or Hendo are there that doesn't happen as they would have shouted at Mo there was a man on. That goal was a result of a team with no leadership or confidence.

It's the managers job to ensure the team has this.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #576: Mar 07, 2021 04:20:54 pm
      It's like watching a car crash, you don't want to watch, but you know you will.
      What's happened? - I think there's a PhD thesis in that...

I know what you mean, it’s like inflicting psychological torture on yourself, but you just can’t stop doing it! I’d quite like to crawl under a rock and stay there until this madness is over!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #577: Mar 07, 2021 04:21:04 pm
      I know quite a few Preston North End fans and to a man they think Davies could hold it together in the Prem. They are astounded he wasn’t even on the bench today as it seems he’s now fit! He’s highly thought of there, and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us, we’ll never know if he’s not given a chance.

Really strange. especially given the way things have been at the back.
      And Jürgen persisted with Rhys over Nat for weeks when he looked really poor - and now Nat is deservedly the preferred option.
      Just another of so many things that are hard to explain.
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #578: Mar 07, 2021 04:21:15 pm
      The team has been good enough to win every game. That we haven't is on the players who are far below their level and have taken no responsibility. I am not close to the team news, but i have not seen any player come out and take responsibility and say he and his teammates need to do better.

Robbo did last game said our heads go down especially  when we go behind . Clearly fell on deaf ears as it happened today could see it in them . There are a few of them players wouldn't want in the trench with me thats for sure
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #579: Mar 07, 2021 04:23:16 pm
      Robbo did last game said our heads go down especially  when we go behind . Clearly fell on deaf ears as it happened today could see it in them . There are a few of them players wouldn't want in the trench with me thats for sure

Isnt that terrible to say about a team who are champions and former European and world champions?

Is VVD the champion who these rode in behind is that what we are saying?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,546 posts | 3474 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #580: Mar 07, 2021 04:23:45 pm
      It's absolutely laughable that people want to blame everyone except the man responsible for picking the tactics and team. He is ultimately accountable for performances. Of course there are huge factors like injuries etc but people can't accept that everyone has to look at themselves. There is a difference between wanting the manager sacked and questioning the manager and it is perfectly reasonable to question  the manager. If you don't think he has a major responsibility for the current form then you are deluding yourself.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #581: Mar 07, 2021 04:23:57 pm
      This is what happens when both the spine of the team is missing and the confidence is drained from the team

We have a big game during the week and we go again

The only way we get through this is hard work , sticking together

The players just need that slice of luck , good bounce , a goal just getting into the net of anything

As a club we have been through far worse and got through it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #582: Mar 07, 2021 04:24:19 pm
      For those saying Klopp needs to change tactics, what should those be exactly? We don’t have a target man so we can’t play the long game, we don’t have the defenders for a high line high pressure game, should we just park the box and get to play on the counter? Does anyone think that’s going to give us a better chance
       to win?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #583: Mar 07, 2021 04:25:11 pm
      Really strange. especially given the way things have been at the back.
      And Jürgen persisted with Rhys over Nat for weeks when he looked really poor - and now Nat is deservedly the preferred option.
      Just another of so many things that are hard to explain.

Jürgen clearly didn't want Davies and doesn't rate him, so it might be him giving the two fingers to the owners cheapskate solution to our injury crisis.

But he needs to get over his ego and play the lad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #584: Mar 07, 2021 04:25:16 pm
      It's absolutely laughable that people want to blame everyone except the man responsible for picking the tactics and team. He is ultimately accountable for performances. Of course there are huge factors like injuries etc but people can't accept that everyone has to look at themselves. There is a difference between wanting the manager sacked and questioning the manager and it is perfectly reasonable to question  the manager. If you don't think he has a major responsibility for the current form then you are deluding yourself.

The man who lost his Ma recently and couldn’t go to her funeral? I wonder if maybe he’s struggling a bit with life at the moment?
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #585: Mar 07, 2021 04:25:38 pm
      Klopp has some blame, sure, but the majority is on the players. He can't play for them. Just look at Fulham's goal today. WTF is Mo doing with such careless play?

All the players are not pressing like they were,are not making runs off the ball that they were and more importantly they are not working for each other.Keane is spot on they are not playing as a team and for me they have excuses of injuries and many matches in quick succession but that doesn't excuse the lack of passion and will to play for a great club like ours,those excuses should make them even more stronger to succeed together,these players are not fit to lace the boots of the great Liverpool teams of the past,very sad as they could have been in that category before this season with the achievements of the last two seasons.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      Reply #586: Mar 07, 2021 04:25:41 pm
      For those saying Klopp needs to change tactics, what should those be exactly? We don’t have a target man so we can’t play the long game,

So why do we do it? We done it all 1st half and we done it in loads of games
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,265 posts | 1118 
      Reply #587: Mar 07, 2021 04:25:59 pm
      It's not the team we have to rebuild. it is the Squad. Outside of the starting eleven we have 2 or maybe 3 players that are worthy of being in the starting eleven.

We can talk all we want about our injury crisis, it has only been an issue because we have not had the Squad to cope with it. We had the chance to strengthen from a position of power and we didn't. I only hope we don't lose too much ground on our rivals before the Summer window. This error by FSG has the potential to set us back years.

Salah, Mane, and Bob will all be 30 next season. Klopps style is demanding and takes its toll on guys. Gini, Robbo, and TAA are running on empty atm. The squad definitely needs prioritizing, but so do a few in the starting 11. I think we need a true number 9. Klopps tactics typically don't call for one, but it worked with Lewandowski
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #588: Mar 07, 2021 04:26:14 pm
      Isnt that terrible to say about a team who are champions and former European and world champions?

Is VVD the champion who these rode in behind is that what we are saying?

Great when everything is going well for you and last two seasons pretty much everything as never had to deal with any issues like this just staggered to see the lack of fight, passion anything especially when we are behind. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #589: Mar 07, 2021 04:27:10 pm
      For those saying Klopp needs to change tactics, what should those be exactly? We don’t have a target man so we can’t play the long game, we don’t have the defenders for a high line high pressure game, should we just park the box and get to play on the counter? Does anyone think that’s going to give us a better chance
       to win?

How do we know unless we try it?

Do we just keep playing the same rubbish tactics and continue to lose each game?
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #590: Mar 07, 2021 04:27:25 pm
      Didn’t we have a sports psychologist a few years ago, I think his name was Philips or something like that, maybe we need that again because all our players and Jürgen seem to have some form of mental block. Clutching at straws maybe, but I just want to enjoy my football again.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #591: Mar 07, 2021 04:27:30 pm
      I don’t think Klopp knows what’s wrong either, he plays the same style hoping and wishing it clicks again - it just ain’t going to happen

If I’m honest; I don’t care. I said when we were top it didn’t feel like a real season and that’s probably why I don’t feel anger/sadness/frustration at our form.
      I’m more than happy to give klopp a free pass so to speak. When football becomes real again I’ll start judging.
      And I’m not defending the team or results. It’s just how I feel. Its nothing to do with the injuries or lack of pre season, it’s that it doesn’t appeal to me how it is.
      Even little things like not having 5 or 6 games all at 3pm kick off on a Saturday.
      Live radio sounds awful with either no crowd effect or with it. Live games all look flat.

And you can search my posts. I said the same thing after bobby scored that late winner against spurs. It’s not our form that bothers me.

I don’t even know who we play next in the league. That’s how appealing it is to me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #592: Mar 07, 2021 04:27:50 pm
       to win?

Well he F***ing needs to do something mate
      rossyred

• 9,318 posts | 1672 
      Reply #593: Mar 07, 2021 04:28:38 pm
       to win?

But in a way we do the long game when we have no real presence in there lots of lofted crossing aimless at times  . I think you are right maybe sit back and let teams come on to us more which I reckon we did at times today sporadically
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #594: Mar 07, 2021 04:28:40 pm
      Think its a bit like kerplunk and after removing player after player the whole thing has caved in.

I'm not arsed about this season. Its over with only the points to play for. Top 4 has gone.

The worry now is the effect that will have on next season. Jürgen already marked our cards by saying it won't affect players coming in or the ones here from staying. If thats true then no harm done.

At the moment we look like missing out on europa too and if thats the case, in horse racing terms we would be well treated going into next season on old form.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #595: Mar 07, 2021 04:28:44 pm
      This is what happens when both the spine of the team is missing and the confidence is drained from the team

We have a big game during the week and we go again

The only way we get through this is hard work , sticking together

The players just need that slice of luck , good bounce , a goal just getting into the net of anything

As a club we have been through far worse and got through it

We had the slice of luck when they gifted us 2 goals, it will be about attitude, passion and commitment something we are lacking
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      Reply #596: Mar 07, 2021 04:28:52 pm
      F**k it on to Wednesday

A bientot
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #597: Mar 07, 2021 04:29:52 pm
      How do we know unless we try it?

Do we just keep playing the same rubbish tactics and continue to lose each game?

I agree, what have we got to lose, we’re losing anyway, let’s just try something different, I’d even play the youngsters, could it be worse! Losing is as bad as it gets,

Quick Reply