Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31101 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Mar 07, 2021 04:10:33 pm

Everything falls on Henry for me, his refusal to sign a top class centre back has meant us sacrificing our midfield engine room to shore up a weakened defence. This has ripped the team apart.

Fair enough - but does that explain 6 losses in a row at home, and performances like we're seeing?  We just can't score.
      By the way, I'm not saying I can explain it :(
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #553: Mar 07, 2021 04:11:16 pm
      2 matches running, not even bothering with MOTM, they were all sh*t, again!

Depressing stuff!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #554: Mar 07, 2021 04:11:30 pm
      This is bullshit we haven’t played heavy metal football in 2 years the same period we have won everything at club level. He changed his tactics and approach to a more possession based game after Kyiv. This team is void of its spine has been all season those 2 at the heart of our defense today  aren’t even Championship level neither is Neco. Goes to show the lack of quality in depth then you look at the imbalanced midfield and two world class 100m attackers who can’t muster a shot on target.

Ok yes his style did adjust to a more pragmatic possession based system using a high line and high press. But we don't have the standard of CB's to implement that style after the injuries, and Jürgen has not been able to adapt using the players he has available. Our tactics are completely predictable and no longer getting the best out of the players.

He needs to change something to show we are not a one dimensional team.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #555: Mar 07, 2021 04:11:41 pm
      Keane spot on

Hell be dismissed as a manc but he is right we dont look like we are playing as a team. I said in game that Klopp looked lost like he feels let down by the players.

and he should, as they are completely letting him down with careless, lazy play. No excuse for Salah's sh*t play today losing the ball inside the box, or the many other individual mistakes that have cost us so much, both offensively and defensively.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #556: Mar 07, 2021 04:11:45 pm
      Keane spot on

Hell be dismissed as a manc but he is right we dont look like we are playing as a team. I said in game that Klopp looked lost like he feels let down by the players.

What do we do? We can’t sack Klopp - just have to bear with it this season and see if it changes at the start of next season.

I really don’t want him to go, however it just feels like we will never win a home game ever again - psychologically impossible now.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #557: Mar 07, 2021 04:11:49 pm
      Players have no one to blame but themselves. They need to look in the mirror and realize they are failing the boss and the fans and need to get their head out of their ass.

Bloody hell i actually agree with you for once.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #558: Mar 07, 2021 04:12:40 pm
      Fair enough - but does that explain 6 losses in a row at home, and performances like we're seeing?  We just can't score.

No it doesnt but its the best way for some to explain it. Because we didnt sign a player last summer we have lost 6 on the bounce at home and scored f**k all either it makes total sense
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #559: Mar 07, 2021 04:13:23 pm
      Players have no one to blame but themselves. They need to look in the mirror and realize they are failing the boss and the fans and need to get their head out of their ass.

The manager is failing the players every bit as much as the players are failing the manager.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,037 posts | 537 
      Reply #560: Mar 07, 2021 04:13:23 pm
      It's taking on a kind of grim fascination now. It's like an experiment to see if you can go from being the best team in the division to the worst in the space of one season. What has happened to us?

Our back 4 being a bit shaky you can understand with all the injuries, but the total collapse in our attacking play is just amazing. Nobody wants to beat their man anymore. Neco did it once, and it led to our best effort on goal. Jota did it once, and got a free kick outside their box. Keita tried it twice - won a corner, and the other time lost the ball. And I honestly think that was it! When was the last time Mo or Sadio went past anybody with the ball? Or Robbo or Trent? Where are even the attempts to play a one-two in the wide areas and get in behind the full backs? We have absolutely zero penetration cos nobody is prepared to take the initiative and try and turn their defence. Square passes and hopeful long balls are all we've got now. Even when the opposition is pushed up and leaving us space behind them - eg first halfs of Chelsea and today - our "counter-attacks" just consist of punts over the top. It's just amazing how completely the belief has gone, and with it the quality. Obviously confidence is a massive thing in football, but I can't remember seeing a team going from being so good to being so bad to this degree before.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #561: Mar 07, 2021 04:13:58 pm
      2 matches running, not even bothering with MOTM, they were all sh*t, again!

Depressing stuff!

Just cannot believe how bad we are, and how we managed to become so bad after being so great.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #562: Mar 07, 2021 04:14:28 pm
      The manager is failing the players every bit as much as the players are failing the manager.

Klopp has some blame, sure, but the majority is on the players. He can't play for them. Just look at Fulham's goal today. WTF is Mo doing with such careless play?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #563: Mar 07, 2021 04:14:32 pm
      I could get behind the clueless part atm, the rest is just that dude hurting and talking out his ass, but I get it.

Klopp knows one style of play, and teams have the blueprint in how to stifle us. He's an amazing man manager, but tactics aren't his strong point. He definitely looks lost. Klopp doesn't manage to his players strengths, but if he has a team who can play his style he's an amazing motivator. Unfortunately this group of guys have run there race. There burnt out, older, slower, etc. Klopp won't change his style, so we will have to rebuild the team

It's not the team we have to rebuild. it is the Squad. Outside of the starting eleven we have 2 or maybe 3 players that are worthy of being in the starting eleven.

We can talk all we want about our injury crisis, it has only been an issue because we have not had the Squad to cope with it. We had the chance to strengthen from a position of power and we didn't. I only hope we don't lose too much ground on our rivals before the Summer window. This error by FSG has the potential to set us back years.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #564: Mar 07, 2021 04:15:21 pm

No it doesnt but its the best way for some to explain it. Because we didnt sign a player last summer we have lost 6 on the bounce at home and scored F**k all either it makes total sense
      What do we do? We can’t sack Klopp - just have to bear with it this season and see if it changes at the start of next season.

I really don’t want him to go, however it just feels like we will never win a home game ever again - psychologically impossible now.

Not sure what he does witb a bunch of lads who looked cream of the crop 12 months ago. To fall tgat far does not add up even taking the injuries into account. Its inexcusable the results we have seen
      Redangel

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #565: Mar 07, 2021 04:15:53 pm
      Davies must have two left feet not to be able to get a game in that back 4.

Problem is even Robbo doesn't look himself - and Trent was dire when he came on.

Hard to explain.

I know quite a few Preston North End fans and to a man they think Davies could hold it together in the Prem. They are astounded he wasn’t even on the bench today as it seems he’s now fit! He’s highly thought of there, and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us, we’ll never know if he’s not given a chance.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #566: Mar 07, 2021 04:16:35 pm
      On paper that team was good enough to win today it's a question of attitude or the lack of it
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #567: Mar 07, 2021 04:17:10 pm
      It's taking on a kind of grim fascination now. It's like an experiment to see if you can go from being the best team in the division to the worst in the space of one season. What has happened to us?

It's like watching a car crash, you don't want to watch, but you know you will.
      What's happened? - I think there's a PhD thesis in that...
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #568: Mar 07, 2021 04:17:58 pm
      It's not the team we have to rebuild. it is the Squad. Outside of the starting eleven we have 2 or maybe 3 players that are worthy of being in the starting eleven.

We can talk all we want about our injury crisis, it has only been an issue because we have not had the Squad to cope with it. We had the chance to strengthen from a position of power and we didn't. I only hope we don't lose too much ground on our rivals before the Summer window. This error by FSG has the potential to set us back years.

Dear lord, what a drama queen. Stop deflecting blame from the players who get paid millions and are playing like pub players. This is on THEM.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #569: Mar 07, 2021 04:18:01 pm
      I’m getting addictive to us losing now. I can’t really explain it.

We look like a relegated team with nothing to play for.
      If city win today we are the same points away from them as we are from WBA in 19th.

We look lifeless. Defeated. Void of any passion or fight.
      From the greatest season (points wise) to arguably the most embarrassing.
      No idea what’s gone wrong.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #570: Mar 07, 2021 04:18:19 pm
      Look on the bright side think of the money your saving on the season ticket......
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #571: Mar 07, 2021 04:19:12 pm
      That team spirit and fight seems to have distinguished somewhat now obviously results like we have been having will impact that but Jesus we have capitulated . The boss not entirely without fault with the relentless sticking to same formation clearly not helped by lack of options just really struggling  to put into words are total fragility especially when we go behind
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #572: Mar 07, 2021 04:19:13 pm
      On paper that team was good enough to win today it's a question of attitude or the lack of it

The team has been good enough to win every game. That we haven't is on the players who are far below their level and have taken no responsibility. I am not close to the team news, but i have not seen any player come out and take responsibility and say he and his teammates need to do better.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      Reply #573: Mar 07, 2021 04:19:14 pm
      It's like watching a car crash, you don't want to watch, but you know you will.
      What's happened? - I think there's a PhD thesis in that...

While we have never seen this home form before we have seen many bad times, and we come out of all them. Well come out of this and thats why you keep watching because these are your boys and you want to see them come again
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #574: Mar 07, 2021 04:19:22 pm
      I’m getting addictive to us losing now. I can’t really explain it.

We look like a relegated team with nothing to play for.
      If city win today we are the same points away from them as we are from WBA in 19th.

We look lifeless. Defeated. Void of any passion or fight.
      From the greatest season (points wise) to arguably the most embarrassing.
      No idea what’s gone wrong.

I don’t think Klopp knows what’s wrong either, he plays the same style hoping and wishing it clicks again - it just ain’t going to happen

Quick Reply