Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31967 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Mar 07, 2021 07:30:40 pm
      So you don't expect us to win any more this season then?
      Would you not expect the best manager in the world to achieve at least one draw in 6 home games, irrespective of missing a few players?

I'm slightly baffled why Klopp is escaping any criticism for this crap run.

This season is 100% a write off - we will finish 12th or 13th
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #691: Mar 07, 2021 07:33:40 pm
      Yes but to be fair who the f**k is Caleta-Car?

Sounds like a character from Star Wars.

So you he gets asked who he expected to be brought in and when he tells you there's now a problem with his suggested players name?

Well what the f**k is a Ozan Kabak since we're acting like school kids and pointing out the sound of names.

And who the F**k was Ben Davies whilst we're here?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #692: Mar 07, 2021 07:33:59 pm

He’s a level above the worst CB partnership I have seen in my living memory at LFC.

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #693: Mar 07, 2021 07:34:26 pm
      So you don't expect us to win any more this season then?
      Would you not expect the best manager in the world to achieve at least one draw in 6 home games, irrespective of missing a few players?

Me too but you're a wum and I'm a secret Manc
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #694: Mar 07, 2021 07:35:50 pm

And I thought it was down to Marseille being unable to bring in someone to replace him as both Liverpool and Marseille agreed a deal

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.fourfourtwo.com/amp/news/liverpool-transfer-news-duje-caleta-car-confirms-january-approach-from-JĂźrgen-klopps-side

I heard they wanted the money up front but the cheap skates wouldn’t oblige.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #695: Mar 07, 2021 07:37:55 pm

Can just see him sat in the star wars bar playing his trumpet 🎺
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #696: Mar 07, 2021 07:38:51 pm
      F**k me.

Was snowed under at work so didn't even see the result until I've finished just now.

Grim times.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #697: Mar 07, 2021 07:39:24 pm
      We all wanted Klopp to change things up and he did. Whether it was OTT or not is beside the point for me, the players were simply not good enough.

Milner and Gini were woeful, Shaqiri pretty much non-existent in the first half.

Jota was the only individual showing real quality, Neco showed spirit and kept having a go but that was it.

The players need to really look at themselves and get this sh*t together, I think Hendo needs to have some sort of intervention, as Klopp is taking way too much sh*t for this IMO.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #698: Mar 07, 2021 07:39:47 pm
      I heard they wanted the money up front but the cheap skates wouldn’t oblige.

“Heard” - from who exactly , amazing how reports have the deal being done between the clubs

Yet others hear or should I say some “ITK” on social media spouts sh*t and people believe it
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #699: Mar 07, 2021 07:46:47 pm
      I’ve said before many times, that immediately we lifted that PL Trophy back in July/Aug, we should’ve gone out and strengthened our back four, midfield and attack (although we sort of did when we bought Jota).
      We should’ve busted the bank, no matter what the cost.
      Lay down the gauntlet to any opposing team trying to take back that trophy.
      But we didn’t.

Imagine if these last six home games had’ve happened in front of a full house..
      The players would’ve been stoned to death at the final whistle like at some Roman Colosseum event in 70 AD

This is hard to take right now.
      I’m almost laughing hysterically like a patient in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest  :mad:

weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #700: Mar 07, 2021 07:48:03 pm

What sort of replacement did you expect to come in during Jan

During January you say,well look at who we signed in January 2018!stop talking like a businessman and start talking like a fan,we had months to get a target for the CB positions but FSG decided not to bother and keep their money in their pockets and bargain buy on the very last day of the window.Wake up and smell the coffee because you are starting to sound bigger tit than CT.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #701: Mar 07, 2021 07:48:49 pm

Seen him receive plenty of criticism. But those people believe he will turn it around or at least deserves the opportunity to try unlike you who calls him mentally unstable and states we need a change of manager ya plum. 
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #702: Mar 07, 2021 07:49:16 pm
      Me too but you're a wum and I'm a secret Manc

;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #703: Mar 07, 2021 07:50:46 pm
      JĂźrgen, From the official site:

On whether getting players back from injury is key to ending the current run of form…

"For winning one football game, no. For being the successful team again, for being the team we can be in the best possible way, of course we have to be complete. More complete than we are in the moment, that’s all clear, but that’s not what we are thinking about in the moment. We really think from game to game and when you are winning then people think, ‘Why do you say that all the time?’ but that’s the only way. You have to think and to concentrate and focus on the next game and to go again. The next game is in a different competition where we didn’t too bad so far, but it will be a tough one, obviously, so we have to make sure we are ready for that. If we can go through, which is not guaranteed, then that could give confidence. Then we have Wolves, which is a tough one and then we have a couple of weeks off because of the Chelsea game and the international break and all these kind of things. We have to use that time, we have to hope all the boys who go to their national teams come back healthy, like always. Then I think there are another nine or 10 games to go, sounds like 27 or 30 points, so a lot to go for and we will try.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #704: Mar 07, 2021 07:51:16 pm
      Seen him receive plenty of criticism. But those people believe he will turn it around or at least deserves the opportunity to try unlike you who calls him mentally unstable and states we need a change of manager ya plum. 

In fairness Klopp did change the formation today, unfortunately he started Milner and Gini.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #705: Mar 07, 2021 07:59:39 pm
      I’ve said before many times, that immediately we lifted that PL Trophy back in July/Aug, we should’ve gone out and strengthened our back four, midfield and attack (although we sort of did when we bought Jota).
      But we didn’t.

The players would’ve been stoned to death at the final whistle like at some Roman Colosseum event in 70 AD

I’m almost laughing hysterically like a patient in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest  :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZYU8OGO6Q

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #706: Mar 07, 2021 08:02:36 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #707: Mar 07, 2021 08:06:33 pm
      During January you say,well look at who we signed in January 2018!stop talking like a businessman and start talking like a fan,we had months to get a target for the CB positions but FSG decided not to bother and keep their money in their pockets and bargain buy on the very last day of the window.Wake up and smell the coffee because you are starting to sound bigger tit than CT.

What the F**k does jan 2018 have to do with anything ?

And what “money” did they keep in their pockets

So come on name the CB they could have got in Jan
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #708: Mar 07, 2021 08:07:38 pm
      JĂźrgen, From the official site:

On whether getting players back from injury is key to ending the current run of form…

"For winning one football game, no. For being the successful team again, for being the team we can be in the best possible way, of course we have to be complete. More complete than we are in the moment, that’s all clear, but that’s not what we are thinking about in the moment. We really think from game to game and when you are winning then people think, ‘Why do you say that all the time?’ but that’s the only way. You have to think and to concentrate and focus on the next game and to go again. The next game is in a different competition where we didn’t too bad so far, but it will be a tough one, obviously, so we have to make sure we are ready for that. If we can go through, which is not guaranteed, then that could give confidence. Then we have Wolves, which is a tough one and then we have a couple of weeks off because of the Chelsea game and the international break and all these kind of things. We have to use that time, we have to hope all the boys who go to their national teams come back healthy, like always. Then I think there are another nine or 10 games to go, sounds like 27 or 30 points, so a lot to go for and we will try.

I love him, just hope he can turn it around.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #709: Mar 07, 2021 08:12:03 pm
      But we didn’t.

I think we all agree strengthening the squad would have been the natural way forward, but covid fu**ed that for us
      As for the fans missing who knows what effect they'd have played throughout the season
      I can only imagine the noise at woodison when trex took out VVD for the season
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #710: Mar 07, 2021 08:12:15 pm
      “Heard” - from who exactly , amazing how reports have the deal being done between the clubs

Yet others hear or should I say some “ITK” on social media spouts sh*t and people believe it

Well you make up the same sh*te as everyone else so are you a ITK?

Use your brains the guy says he is keen to join and which player would not want to play for the EPL champions, 6X Euro champions. Of course it’s about money soft lad

Stick you’d head out of FSG’s arse and you might see the reality of some of the sh*te spout.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #711: Mar 07, 2021 08:13:46 pm
      I dread the state of these boards if we get knocked out of Europe.

Even during the 1990s I don’t recall a spell like this where every player looks shell shocked and completely mentally defeated.

I guess all we can do is accept our players are in a bad place at the minute. We can’t even cheer them on.

But we shouldn’t forget that when the chemistry is right, this same bunch of players won 122 points in an unbeaten 44 game spell and went 68 games unbeaten at home.

What is to decide is whether we, as fans, believe we can get the chemistry right again.

Personally, I do.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #712: Mar 07, 2021 08:14:44 pm
      I dread the state of these boards if we get knocked out of Europe.

Even during the 1990s I don’t recall a spell like this where every player looks shell shocked and completely mentally defeated.

I guess all we can do is accept our players are in a bad place at the minute. We can’t even cheer them on.

But we shouldn’t forget that when the chemistry is right, this same bunch of players won 122 points in an unbeaten 44 game spell and went 68 games unbeaten at home.

What is to decide is whether we, as fans, believe we can get the chemistry right again.

Personally, I do.

I do too, just need a couple of back to back wins

Quick Reply