Trending Topics

Attacking options next season

Read 2169 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Re: Attacking options next season
      Reply #46: May 24, 2024 08:44:06 am
      Which part is the realization? Because all that other stuff about what you 'would do', none of that is telling.

It was inconceivable to think about selling any of the guys who formed the best front 3 in our history? Well now that truly is groundbreaking stuff.

The 'realization' is that I was gutted when Owen left, when God left, when Torres left, when Suarez Left, when Mané left.
      Right now, if any of our strikers were to leave, I'd be completely ok with that.

That alone tells me something about what they currently bring (or do not bring) to the team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3897 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: May 24, 2024 08:54:00 am
      The 'realization' is that I was gutted when Owen left, when God left, when Torres left, when Suarez Left, when Mané left.
      Right now, if any of our strikers were to leave, I'd be completely ok with that.

That alone tells me something about what they currently bring (or do not bring) to the team.

I think it’s telling that you didn’t include Firmino on that list.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,137 posts | 222 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #48: May 24, 2024 10:41:07 am

It's 2024 yet you're bringing up events spanning over the last 2 decades and making it out like it's a new found 'realization'? Maybe it's just me not comprehending what you're saying but that sounds very strange and someone who wants to dig up the past and smudge it all over the present.

Hey guys I've just realised something quite telling. Endo Mac Allister and Szobo are in fact not Masch Xabi and Stevie.....I miss them so much that I wouldn't care if any of these 3 were sold.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2024 10:52:55 am by The-AllMightyReds »
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #49: May 24, 2024 11:04:56 am
      I think it’s telling that you didn’t include Firmino on that list.

Not necessarily. I was disappointed to see Bobby leave, but it felt as the right time for him to go explore something new.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2024 11:09:39 am
      It's 2024 yet you're bringing up events spanning over the last 2 decades and making it out like it's a new found 'realization'? Maybe it's just me not comprehending what you're saying but that sounds very strange and someone who wants to dig up the past and smudge it all over the present.

Hey guys I've just realised something quite telling. Endo Mac Allister and Szobo are in fact not Masch Xabi and Stevie.....I miss them so much that I wouldn't care if any of these 3 were sold.

Sorry but it seems you are reading too much into what I said.

Basically, I just don't think any of our strikers are irreplaceable right now. That's all. They can all be improved on.

(and yes, I'm well aware that in reality, no player is irreplaceable, but as fans, we sometimes feel like they are)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8673 
      Reply #51: May 25, 2024 02:32:49 pm
      I just realized something quite telling, and it's not positive.

Right now, there is not a single one of our attacking players I would keep at all cost.

Then clearly you're an Idiot.

Jota!!

If the lad stays fit, he scores goals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8673 
      Reply #52: May 25, 2024 02:34:46 pm

And none of them can touch our greatest goalscorer of all time. Some of us were so lucky to have witnessed Ian Rush
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #53: May 25, 2024 06:34:50 pm

Jota!!

Perhaps I am.  ;)

You said it yourself. Jota is pure quality, but far too often injured unfortunately.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,527 posts | 224 
      Reply #54: May 26, 2024 11:24:14 am

Jota!!

I would really want to keep jota and gapko

For me gapko earned it for his performances near the end of the season imo I don’t think he will be top class but he is someone who seems fine to sit on the bench if need be

Jota as he is quality and again it fills our depth and if he is injured then we should really be relying on him anyway

The other 3, I know is unrealistic to replace all 3

The club always comes first to try and win. We can’t have the same situation as this season as they failed to step up when it mattered the most for our season

Our problems are obvious if we compare ourselves to Arsenal and city as our direct rivals. And yes, we should compare ourselves to them as that’s the teams we need to aim and hopefully will climb over next season

It’s clear they both score more goals than expected by a decent margin, eg if their chance creation is 70 premier league goals, they scored around 10-12 more. So they over perform

We actually create more than both Arsenal and city, so in theory we should score more, we actually score less than expected I believe or on par

That’s an area we must improve, so I believe it would be very smart to sell one of Diaz/nunez/salah and bring a top clinical
      Forward in (then the season after another can go etc )

We also have a problem with conceding goals, it feels we give teams a lot more chances, I think that may be due to our system but to me our midfield is not at the level needed

With all due respect, you endo/jones/harvey/grav are not currently at the level to compete to win titles

Mac is there, szob i think will be too

I think Harvey and grav should definitely be kept to fill the squad

Endo as well, and I would think about selling jones or loaning him out and bringing in an enforcer type midfield player and with tactical changes we could be solid again

Two world class players imo a forward and dm. Quality over quantity as I believe our biggest issue is we have quantity but not quality

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8673 
      Reply #55: May 26, 2024 12:17:15 pm
      Perhaps I am.  ;)

You said it yourself. Jota is pure quality, but far too often injured unfortunately.

Still knows where the net is, a bit like Owen and Fowler, didn't they have injury problems and Nando too!!

Quick Reply