Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Scouting talk

Read 332834 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2944: Jun 14, 2023 11:55:05 am
      They are getting one of the best DM in the league plus bidding for one of the best young talents the world ? You telling me a player like Rice and Caicedo wouldn't take us to the next level ? these are the players we should be targeting if we want to challenge City and actually win stuff. Caicedo should be number priority he's exactly the type of player we need and Rice is the future replacement for Henderson/Fabinho.

Yeah you're logic is just fine. If our competitors keep outspending us, keep landing the better players eventually we'll be making the europa league more often.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #2945: Jun 14, 2023 11:55:49 am
      They are getting one of the best DM in the league plus bidding for one of the best young talents the world ? You telling me a player like Rice and Caicedo wouldn't take us to the next level ? these are the players we should be targeting if we want to challenge City and actually win stuff. Caicedo should be number priority he's exactly the type of player we need and Rice is the future replacement for Henderson/Fabinho.

We've just signed a World Cup winning midfielder and by all accounts want to add at least one more.

Have a day off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #2946: Jun 14, 2023 01:28:28 pm
      what about Bellingham his family loves us Stevie is his hero its a done deal etc etc etc. If all that was true he would be here and he would have told his agent to get it done or he will stay for a year and leave for a free but hey ho money talks.
      Really not convinced by Rice,Madison or any of them playing in the EPL. Think we are ontop of things this summer and made a great start with Macallister as long as Jürgen is truly happy then lets see where we end up.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #2947: Jun 14, 2023 01:48:49 pm
      Your logic is flawed. Where does it stop? Every time another team is getting (whatever that means) ''one of the best players in the league'' we should be up in arms that we aren't targeting that player? The situation is really simple: we need a revamp of the midfield and one or two good additions to our back line.

All we have to do is sit tight until the end of the window. If by the end of it what needed to happen happened then all good. If not then we can complaining. Right now it just makes no sense to look around and get upset every time another team is rumoured to have done something or does something.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #2948: Jun 14, 2023 01:55:49 pm

Declan rice hardly missed a game last season and his team nearly got relegated hardly the best DM in rhe keague, no way would I pay anywhere near 100 million for him. Caceido is a real prospect who in a good side will really shine but that again is a gamble and the 75 plus Brighton want is just to high a price.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2949: Jun 14, 2023 02:34:26 pm
      Your logic is flawed. Where does it stop? Every time another team is getting (whatever that means) ''one of the best players in the league'' we should be up in arms that we aren't targeting that player? The situation is really simple: we need a revamp of the midfield and one or two good additions to our back line.

All we have to do is sit tight until the end of the window. If by the end of it what needed to happen happened then all good. If not then we can complaining. Right now it just makes no sense to look around and get upset every time another team is rumoured to have done something or does something.

I think it's natural for people to look at teams that finished ahead of us and seemingly have fewer holes/issues possibly making big moves and getting a little jealous. Especially when the underlying sentiment for awhile has been that this would indeed be a big summer for us and Klopp likes to have his business done early. It's starting to feel like maybe business isn't going to be as "easy" as it's been mooted so I can see why there may be some consternation. Like you said though, I'm just going to wait and see but I can't say I'm not a little anxious to see what the plan is and to hope that there is a discernible plan that is executed as Klopp desires.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #2950: Jun 14, 2023 03:03:54 pm
      I think it's natural for people to look at teams that finished ahead of us and seemingly have fewer holes/issues possibly making big moves and getting a little jealous. Especially when the underlying sentiment for awhile has been that this would indeed be a big summer for us and Klopp likes to have his business done early. It's starting to feel like maybe business isn't going to be as "easy" as it's been mooted so I can see why there may be some consternation. Like you said though, I'm just going to wait and see but I can't say I'm not a little anxious to see what the plan is and to hope that there is a discernible plan that is executed as Klopp desires.
      I see your point and I think you are right. People are going to be jealous and sort of immediately assume stuff especially following the season we just had + the feeling that we spent two summers not doing much about our issues until they became what they are. With that said, I remember a quote from Jürgen a week or two before the end of the season where he said that deals would not happen as fast as he would like to and that sometimes its just normal for deals to take time. I believe he justified the statement by saying that the better the player the harder negotiations usually are (harder to convince his club to let him go). Maybe he knows something we don't? I don't think he comes out and says that type stuff out of nowhere. Knowing Jürgen, he hates talking transfers, but he also won't come out and say something just for the sake saying it.

I'm pretty anxious about this summer too, but for me its more from the ''get it right'' angle. I think everyone at the club (including the players) are pretty clear that we need deals. I just read Konate saying something along the lines of ''we have 4 players leaving, we need to bring in quality and it can't be young players either. We need quality at the level we are playing''. I'm paraphrasing, but its pretty much what he said and the message is clear. I also saw VVD said that the MacAllister deal is a good start but we need to bring in more quality players. So I think that the club understands we need to spend the money and bring in players. My fear is that we left it pretty late and now we can't afford to bring in say 4 players and 2 of them end up not hitting the mark because like we saw this season, we need about 3 quality/effective players who will slot into the starting XI in the short to medium term.

With that said, I'm just anxious, nothing more. Jürgen and the rest of the staff at the club are top notch professionals and amongst the best in the business as they have proven time and again. If they are given reasonable money to play with they will produce results and I believe FSG understand they need to give them money this summer and will do so. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2951: Jun 14, 2023 03:36:19 pm
      I see your point and I think you are right. People are going to be jealous and sort of immediately assume stuff especially following the season we just had + the feeling that we spent two summers not doing much about our issues until they became what they are. With that said, I remember a quote from Jürgen a week or two before the end of the season where he said that deals would not happen as fast as he would like to and that sometimes its just normal for deals to take time. I believe he justified the statement by saying that the better the player the harder negotiations usually are (harder to convince his club to let him go). Maybe he knows something we don't? I don't think he comes out and says that type stuff out of nowhere. Knowing Jürgen, he hates talking transfers, but he also won't come out and say something just for the sake saying it.

I'm pretty anxious about this summer too, but for me its more from the ''get it right'' angle. I think everyone at the club (including the players) are pretty clear that we need deals. I just read Konate saying something along the lines of ''we have 4 players leaving, we need to bring in quality and it can't be young players either. We need quality at the level we are playing''. I'm paraphrasing, but its pretty much what he said and the message is clear. I also saw VVD said that the MacAllister deal is a good start but we need to bring in more quality players. So I think that the club understands we need to spend the money and bring in players. My fear is that we left it pretty late and now we can't afford to bring in say 4 players and 2 of them end up not hitting the mark because like we saw this season, we need about 3 quality/effective players who will slot into the starting XI in the short to medium term.

With that said, I'm just anxious, nothing more. Jürgen and the rest of the staff at the club are top notch professionals and amongst the best in the business as they have proven time and again. If they are given reasonable money to play with they will produce results and I believe FSG understand they need to give them money this summer and will do so. 

With what Pearce has come out and said, some folks are now worried (maybe rightly, maybe not) that that 4 players is going to turn into 2. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see. I'm certainly not going to deride folks for being skeptical.

I kind of figured all along it would only be 3 players incoming this summer but there seems to be a sentiment among a lot of the supporters that we need at least 4 players maybe more. I just don't see the spend being there for 4 players of good quality. If we get 3 really good players, I'm hoping that will suffice.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,268 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2952: Jun 14, 2023 04:02:44 pm
      With what Pearce has come out and said, some folks are now worried (maybe rightly, maybe not) that that 4 players is going to turn into 2. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see. I'm certainly not going to deride folks for being skeptical.

I kind of figured all along it would only be 3 players incoming this summer but there seems to be a sentiment among a lot of the supporters that we need at least 4 players maybe more. I just don't see the spend being there for 4 players of good quality. If we get 3 really good players, I'm hoping that will suffice.

Thats the sum of investment of our current owners, it will have to surfice
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2953: Jun 14, 2023 04:06:32 pm
      We need 3 more new players in minimum.

If we don't it's just another signal to rival clubs that we are no longer competitive.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,756 posts | 863 
      Reply #2954: Jun 14, 2023 04:08:35 pm

I'm not up to date on that, what has he said?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2955: Jun 14, 2023 04:13:54 pm
      I'm not up to date on that, what has he said?

I don't pay for his sh*t paper (The Athletic) so I've had to piece together what someone else paraphrased...basically:

At least one Midfielder coming in. No forwards, no RB, maybe a CB. But it depends on money. Only running down contracts for 2024. No sales
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #2956: Jun 14, 2023 04:15:12 pm
      We need 3 more new players in minimum.

If we don't it's just another signal to rival clubs that we are no longer competitive.

Don't think you can put a number on it.

The right quality in the right area and even if we had one more CM in and a CB I think potentially we'd be right back on the hunt.

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,869 posts | 165 
      Reply #2957: Jun 14, 2023 06:57:46 pm
      Get Timber, he can cover RB aswell as CB.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #2958: Jun 14, 2023 07:38:11 pm
      Anyone heard anything of the 17 year old lad who plays for Fenerbache. Getting rave reviews and talks he's going for 17.5 mil to a better league.

Have been tenuous links to us I believe. Arda Güler his name
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2959: Jun 14, 2023 07:41:13 pm
      Anyone heard anything of the 17 year old lad who plays for Fenerbache. Getting rave reviews and talks he's going for 17.5 mil to a better league.

Have been tenuous links to us I believe. Arda Güler his name

Never heard of him but don't we have enough youth on our hands?
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #2960: Jun 14, 2023 08:08:43 pm
      Hahaha Newcastle are bidding for Barella f**k off. I hope this not true
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2961: Jun 14, 2023 08:35:40 pm
      so what

Why do you care - we can’t get every player going and just because a player goes to another club shouldn’t mean getting the hanging rope out.

Maybe concentrate on the players we are getting
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2962: Jun 14, 2023 08:53:20 pm

For the prices quoted, we'd be foolish to not be in for him. That said it could be bullshit, but I did see it in the Telegraph so I don't believe they are a rag.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #2963: Jun 14, 2023 08:53:59 pm
      so what

Why do you care - we can’t get every player going and just because a player goes to another club shouldn’t mean getting the hanging rope out.

Maybe concentrate on the players we are getting

Surely in this thread people are allowed to talk about players we'd like to see sign for the club?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #2964: Jun 14, 2023 09:02:12 pm
      Never heard of him but don't we have enough youth on our hands?

Don't think he'll be 17.5 mil in 5 years time anyway.

He’s also wowed a modern-day football legend in Andrea Pirlo, who gushed (via Hurriyet): “Arda Guler is a very talented player. He has the potential to play anywhere in the world.

“He has quality, he can read the game well, and he has great technique. If he keeps developing his game, there is no limit to his potential.”
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #2965: Jun 14, 2023 09:57:35 pm
      For the prices quoted, we'd be foolish to not be in for him. That said it could be bullshit, but I did see it in the Telegraph so I don't believe they are a rag.

Shocked when I saw the reports. You'd have to think we'd be in for him if true, however much others might wish to temper our expectations. Surely our carefully calculated budget could find a way to accommodate a player of his stature? If it's the wage, bin someone off if we have to, make it happen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #2966: Jun 14, 2023 10:00:51 pm
      Shocked when I saw the reports. You'd have to think we'd be in for him if true, however much others might wish to temper our expectations. Surely our carefully calculated budget could find a way to accommodate a player of his stature? If it's the wage, bin someone off if we have to, make it happen.

He wants CL football plus Newcastle will pay higher wages than we will. He's not coming here.

Quick Reply