Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Scouting talk

Read 354110 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,338 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2990: Jun 15, 2023 02:12:59 pm
      Just read a quote from Jude stating that after watching Real beat Liverpool in the final, it convinced him to go to Real.

What a muppet.

You know whatā€™s even more annoying! Him saying itā€™s the greatest club in the world and you just know if he had of come to you lot would have said the same thing. QUOTE! Itā€™s not about the money  :f_doh: If it wasnā€™t about the money then heā€™d definitely of gone to Liverpool. Like Iā€™ve said before! All players are greedy kunts.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2991: Jun 15, 2023 02:29:56 pm
      I think you and I agree that we don't do enough of this type of transfer.

Wages would be the stumbling block though.

I'm just putting this stuff out there so we can see that there is business to be done.
      I think we're all tired of listening to grand promises with no return.
      Between Jude Bellingham and War Chests, there was a lot promised.
      Yet there are Griezmann and Rabiot available on free transfers to some club.

I don't think wages is an excuse given 5 first team players and 4 that would have been
      relatively high earners have left the club.

You know whatā€™s even more annoying! Him saying itā€™s the greatest club in the world and you just know if he had of come to you lot would have said the same thing. QUOTE! Itā€™s not about the money  :f_doh: If it wasnā€™t about the money then heā€™d definitely of gone to Liverpool. Like Iā€™ve said before! All players are greedy kunts.

I was thinking the same thing. Substitute his Zidane speal for Gerrard if he'd gone here.
      If every player has to tell you they didn't move for money then they are all liars.
      Of course they move for the money. FFS
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #2992: Jun 15, 2023 02:31:39 pm
      I'm just putting this stuff out there so we can see that there is business to be done.

I don't think wages is an excuse given 5 first team players and 4 that would have been

I'd be comfortable putting James Milners salary to a Greizmann or  a Rabiot for a couple of seasons.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2993: Jun 15, 2023 02:55:34 pm
      Ben Jacobs on Twitter: Brighton will let Caicedo leave. Itā€™s going to take around Ā£70m guaranteed and Ā£10m in add ons.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #2994: Jun 15, 2023 03:30:02 pm
      We just let a 30 year old Brazilian superstar leave. No chance.

So when he was here he wasn't good enough anymore to be a regular starter, but now that he's gone he's back to being a superstar

Nobody is picking on anyone mate. I love Bobby ... how could we not?

But he was completely ineffective on Saturday ... bar the odd game  he's nowhere near what he used to be.

As soon as he was replaced on Saturday we had a threat through the middle, something that worried them.

Nobody wants to sit here and take shots or insult our players ... but I've watched this game for 40 years now and I can see a player who has given us his best.

Bob will have his games this season ... I hope he has great moments too.

But his days as a regular starter and consistent top level performer for us have, in my opinion sailed.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2995: Jun 15, 2023 04:17:35 pm
      Do some posters a kick from scrolling through other posters past postings to do a gotcha or does it make them more of a LFC fan.

F***ing weirdoā€™s if you ask me 🤣
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2996: Jun 15, 2023 04:28:54 pm
      FYI.....

New Contracts

However, LFC have stated that veteran goalkeeper Adrian has been offered a new contract, along with young trio Paul Glatzel, Jacob Poytress and Reece Trueman.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,338 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2997: Jun 15, 2023 04:32:02 pm
      Do some posters a kick from scrolling through other posters past postings to do a gotcha or does it make them more of a LFC fan.

F***ing weirdoā€™s if you ask me 🤣

I thought that was the norm on here.   ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #2998: Jun 15, 2023 04:39:07 pm
      FYI.....

New Contracts

However, LFC have stated that veteran goalkeeper Adrian has been offered a new contract, along with young trio Paul Glatzel, Jacob Poytress and Reece Trueman.

Adrian getting a new contract would seem to me to be a sign that Kelleher is gone and Adrian is going to be our #2. He's taking up a foreign player spot so I can't imagine that we'd keep him around as a #3 affecting the HG quota.
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #2999: Jun 15, 2023 05:38:51 pm

Fans are no different. Everyone wants the most money. Fans here love to rag on Chelsea, City, Newcastle as dirty money, but they wouldn't give 2 shits if Putin bought the team as long as the spend was there.

In Jude's defense, he's only 19 and professional careers are not guaranteed. At any point he can have an injury or illness that ends his career, so while i don't like it, at least i can rationalize he trying to secure his future.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3000: Jun 15, 2023 05:53:52 pm
      Fans are no different. Everyone wants the most money. Fans here love to rag on Chelsea, City, Newcastle as dirty money, but they wouldn't give 2 shits if Putin bought the team as long as the spend was there.

In Jude's defense, he's only 19 and professional careers are not guaranteed. At any point he can have an injury or illness that ends his career, so while i don't like it, at least i can rationalize he trying to secure his future.
      To be fair, regardless of injuries etc. Bellingham doesn't have to answer to us or anyone else about his future, he's a young adult and has made a choice he see's is best for him and his family.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #3001: Jun 15, 2023 06:00:36 pm

So you don't think the spend is there now then?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,338 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3002: Jun 15, 2023 06:10:02 pm

Thatā€™s very true, most of them are  called hypocrites, if I become an oily manc Iā€™ll be guilty and add me to the list. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3003: Jun 15, 2023 06:54:49 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Substitute his Zidane speal for Gerrard if he'd gone here.
      If every player has to tell you they didn't move for money then they are all liars.
      Of course they move for the money. FFS

Would certainly take a Rabiot at the club but not sure on Greizmann , not sure where he would fit into the team
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #3004: Jun 15, 2023 07:09:40 pm
      Would certainly take a Rabiot at the club but not sure on Greizmann , not sure where he would fit into the team

What about his mum? Bit of a nightmare by all accounts. Not sure that's the right type of character you'd want in the dressing room and can see us steering clear, although he is a handy player. I prefer the slightly more obscure free transfers that turn out to be real finds (Matip). Harder to come by but all the more satisfying for it. Roma picked up a couple of decent frees by the looks of it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3005: Jun 15, 2023 07:14:21 pm
      What about his mum? Bit of a nightmare by all accounts. Not sure that's the right type of character you'd want in the dressing room and can see us steering clear, although he is a handy player. I prefer the slightly more obscure free transfers that turn out to be real finds (Matip). Harder to come by but all the more satisfying for it. Roma picked up a couple of decent frees by the looks of it.

I believe a lot of those issues has gone now and he seems to have calmed down a lot

But I donā€™t think we will be getting him

Still looking like 3 more imo

Two CMā€™s and a Defender
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,545 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3006: Jun 15, 2023 07:39:09 pm
      Griezmann isn't available on a free transfer. He has a release clause of about 25 million euros but don't see him leaving Spain where he played all his career and has just had an outstanding season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3007: Jun 15, 2023 08:14:34 pm
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #3008: Jun 15, 2023 08:32:06 pm
      Team's new player says something glowing about new team.

Shocking.

It's not about the new team, but the fact he gave a dig at us. Specifically referenced our loss to Real as the key in his decision. Considering that we were interested in him for some time, and a lot of the fanbase were keen for his signing, that is a slap down.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #3009: Jun 15, 2023 08:52:40 pm
      It's not about the new team, but the fact he gave a dig at us. Specifically referenced our loss to Real as the key in his decision. Considering that we were interested in him for some time, and a lot of the fanbase were keen for his signing, that is a slap down.

I guess we shouldn't have lost then. Not really anything to get torqued up about. Even if he wanted to come here it's not like we would have paid the fee or his wages. It's silly that the club pined over him (and waited?) for 2 years knowing we would never stump up the required cash.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #3010: Jun 15, 2023 10:52:22 pm
      With what Pearce has come out and said, some folks are now worried (maybe rightly, maybe not) that that 4 players is going to turn into 2. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see. I'm certainly not going to deride folks for being skeptical.

I kind of figured all along it would only be 3 players incoming this summer but there seems to be a sentiment among a lot of the supporters that we need at least 4 players maybe more. I just don't see the spend being there for 4 players of good quality. If we get 3 really good players, I'm hoping that will suffice.

Ditto -- I'll be happy with 3 as long as they are all quality players who can walk straight into the first 11.  Mac is a decent start, but we still have a long way to go....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3011: Jun 16, 2023 01:32:35 am
      I just can't shake this really shitty feeling that our business is done.

We gonna huff and puff and talk and talk about this player and that player but in the end, will not buy anyone else and they will say we ran out of time or some other crap BS reason.

I hope I'm wrong.

Be filthy if I'm right!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #3012: Jun 16, 2023 02:01:50 am
      I just can't shake this really shitty feeling that our business is done.

We gonna huff and puff and talk and talk about this player and that player but in the end, will not buy anyone else and they will say we ran out of time or some other crap BS reason.

I hope I'm wrong.

Be filthy if I'm right!
      I think the feeling of fear is justified considering the season we just had and the two summers before it. With that said I think we have to try and not panic, the window is not even open yet (opens in a few hours). Also, as far as I can tell we are, so far, the only team in the PL that completed a transfer (not a free agent signing I mean).

Some signings will probably take more time than others. We'll have to wait and see.

It would be incredibly stupid for the club to not do everything they can to have a perfect window.

Quick Reply