Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Scouting talk

Read 332921 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #5911: Apr 28, 2024 12:10:15 am
      There's a guy called Noah Hickey who'd fit right in up top. His YouTube reel is unbelievable
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #5912: Apr 28, 2024 01:17:48 am
      Fee signings like this will never get huge headlines, but they help you win the league. I wanna see a few in from other clubs, but I'd also like to be smart in the free market and take a guy like thisb
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5913: Apr 28, 2024 06:55:38 am
      Lutsharel Geertruida was seen at the game today. He's a Dutch CB who plays at Feynoord. Most used player under Slot and a Dutch national player. Hmmm

I would take him and sell Konate and release Matip.

He's good, I only saw him playing for Holland.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #5914: Apr 28, 2024 08:45:26 am
      Thoughts about Savio from Girona ?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 428 
      Reply #5915: Apr 28, 2024 10:48:50 am
      Lutsharel Geertruida was seen at the game today. He's a Dutch CB who plays at Feynoord. Most used player under Slot and a Dutch national player. Hmmm

This is what I hope doesn't happen. Not this lad in particular I dont know anything about him. But I hope we don't start doing what United have done and start bringing in players the manager has directly worked with or played against from the Dutch league or the RB system in Ten Hags case.

I hope our scouting department is looking all over the world for the best players we can get.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5916: Apr 28, 2024 10:50:53 am
      This is what I hope doesn't happen. Not this lad in particular I dont know anything about him. But I hope we don't start doing what United have done and start bringing in players the manager has directly worked with or played against from the Dutch league or the RB system in Ten Hags case.

I hope our scouting department is looking all over the world for the best players we can get.

The manager may well recommend some players he has worked with and there might be some that will fit but I suspect Hughes’s and scouts will be looking very much outside the box
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #5917: Apr 28, 2024 11:09:40 am
      The club isn't going to sell all the attackers. I don't know what people are expecting. If Salah is gone then Diaz won't be sold. We will sell one forward max if a good offer comes in.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #5918: Apr 28, 2024 11:31:16 am
      I don't think we'll sell Nunez, we forked out £80m for him we wouldn't get half of that back so we'll work with him, new coaches, new approach and attempt to make it work.
      I don't think Salah necessarily wants to go to Saudi, I'm not sure here I'm probably 40% he'll get sold, 30% new contract, 30% he'll do a Gini and walk next season...I don't know.
      Diaz, don't think we'll be desperate to sell. His Dad keeps going on about Barca but they're skint, if PSG offer around £65-75m I'd take it.

I think more realistically it'll be one in one out regarding the forwards.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5919: Apr 28, 2024 01:07:45 pm
      The club isn't going to sell all the attackers. I don't know what people are expecting. If Salah is gone then Diaz won't be sold. We will sell one forward max if a good offer comes in.

This theory is solid, if Jürgen was staying.

A new manager with new ideas might gladly say yeah go ahead and sell both neither fit what Im going to do

He might equally say sell neither they both fit what I want perfectly
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5920: Apr 28, 2024 01:16:40 pm
      This theory is solid, if Jürgen was staying.

A new manager with new ideas might gladly say yeah go ahead and sell both neither fit what Im going to do

He might equally say sell neither they both fit what I want perfectly

Out of the 5 forwards we have

Jota , Gakpo and Diaz won’t be going anywhere imo

Mo - will leave if he doesn’t sign a new contract and a good offer comes in

Núñez - if a good offer came in then he would also leave

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5921: Apr 28, 2024 01:22:04 pm
      I totally get the Nunez thing, people gladly take a good offer

Im gone the other way, I think giving him a wide berth in a 4 2 3 1 he can still offer something....he just cant be our striker thats obvious
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5922: Apr 28, 2024 01:25:19 pm
      I totally get the Nunez thing, people gladly take a good offer

Im gone the other way, I think giving him a wide berth in a 4 2 3 1 he can still offer something....he just cant be our striker thats obvious

I think the issue is we have three players that can play from the left - Gakpo , Diaz and Nunez

Diaz can move around a little more , Gakpo so far as only looked comfortable from the left

Nunez - it’s a strange one , said it on another thread - all the physical attributes to be a beast of player - none of the mental attributes

I like him but I don’t see him fitting in going forward
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #5923: Apr 28, 2024 01:51:02 pm
      Chelsea were interested in Nunez by the way. I mean if they came with a 50/£60 million offer then we should cash out. Remember Havertz wasn't setting the world on fire and they still got good money for him.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,388 posts | 787 
      Reply #5924: Apr 28, 2024 01:56:47 pm
      Wissa at Brentford decent player?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5925: Apr 28, 2024 02:02:03 pm
      Chelsea were interested in Nunez by the way. I mean if they came with a 50/£60 million offer then we should cash out. Remember Havertz wasn't setting the world on fire and they still got good money for him.

I think you are going to have to not take every single bit of rumour you read as gospel

You reacted to everything last summer

There are going to be daily nonsense posted in click bait media articles - it’s going to be very clear what’s worth listening too
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5926: Apr 28, 2024 02:03:46 pm

Yes but Mbeumo is better and also younger , quicker and stronger

He reminds me of Mane
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,724 posts | 153 
      Reply #5927: Apr 28, 2024 02:46:39 pm
      I think you are going to have to not take every single bit of rumour you read as gospel

You reacted to everything last summer

There are going to be daily nonsense posted in click bait media articles - it’s going to be very clear what’s worth listening too

Romano said Chelsea tried for Nunez last summer and Klopp said no. Its unsure whether they gonna try again or not.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #5928: Apr 28, 2024 03:42:44 pm
      Buy back clause on Solanke? I'd be all in if that was the case. Great striker for a bargain. Kids killing it the past two seasons
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 192 
      Reply #5929: Apr 28, 2024 04:59:30 pm
      Not sold on Summerville, he might be a good player but seems like a pointless signing replacing Diaz with him. Leeds would probably want 40-50m for him too.

Tosin on a free would be good business. Fast, strong and good in the air.

Eredivise connections could well come into play. Mats Wieffer is definitely 1 we should be looking at, like Mac he's very much an all rounder in that midfield and would work great in a double pivot with Endo taking up more of a peripheral role. I'd look to move Harvey on.

Bakayoko for that right wing spot, incredible talent having a fine season. Rumours of a £40m buy out clause in summer, should be all over that.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #5930: Apr 28, 2024 05:03:45 pm
      Not sold on Summerville, he might be a good player but seems like a pointless signing replacing Diaz with him. Leeds would probably want 40-50m for him too.

Tosin on a free would be good business. Fast, strong and good in the air.

Eredivise connections could well come into play. Mats Wieffer is definitely 1 we should be looking at, like Mac he's very much an all rounder in that midfield and would work great in a double pivot with Endo taking up more of a peripheral role. I'd look to move Harvey on.

Bakayoko for that right wing spot, incredible talent having a fine season. Rumours of a £40m buy out clause in summer, should be all over that.
      I'm with ya on Baka, but I find it interesting you'd move Harvey. For me he's playing well from the bench and he has so much potential. I only see him growing as a player, and I see him benefiting from Slots formation
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #5931: Apr 28, 2024 07:05:29 pm
      Isak at Newcastle? Also would Nunez be better on the left of attack rather than the middle particularly  if Diaz goes?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,203 posts | 1101 
      Reply #5932: Apr 28, 2024 07:36:02 pm
      Isak at Newcastle? Also would Nunez be better on the left of attack rather than the middle particularly  if Diaz goes?
      I could deal with him better there. Like I said earlier, the chaos thing annoys me with him. It annoys me because of his position. If he was on the wing I could get it, as long as he does the dirty work and there was someone to pick up the scoring slack. For me, a CF needs to be clinical and composed in front of goal. Solanke seems to have grown into that over the past few years.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5933: Apr 28, 2024 08:04:11 pm
      I’ll be surprised if Newcastle sell their best player to us

Quick Reply