Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310459 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #552: Jan 23, 2022 05:09:44 pm
      Could have done with Mane or Salah,s finishing today

Why ? We won 3-1
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #553: Jan 23, 2022 05:10:58 pm

I know, those pesky three points escaped us today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #554: Jan 23, 2022 05:31:08 pm
      Think I’d keep an eye on that #7 for Palace. I imagine Klopp could make him quite lethal.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #555: Jan 23, 2022 07:52:12 pm
      Oh I see. So before they go to AFCON its ''we should've bought replacements because nobody is going to replace their goals'' and once they do go to AFCON and we do replace their goals, reach the League Cup final, and win our league games its the mindless ''we could've used their finishing today'' song. We scored 10 goals in that 5 games stretch.

Considering we did replace their goals and win our games, what is your point exactly? You wanted the club to somehow stop AFCON from happening?

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #556: Jan 24, 2022 05:14:53 pm

You want every game to go like that, sh*te finishing and a lot of luck we would be going mad had those goals gone against us 2nd goal Bobby was offside the third wasn’t a penalty
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #557: Jan 24, 2022 05:25:18 pm
      You want every game to go like that, sh*te finishing and a lot of luck we would be going mad had those goals gone against us 2nd goal Bobby was offside the third wasn’t a penalty

If we win then I don’t give a sh*t tbh

We got through a tough game without two off our main forwards

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #558: Jan 24, 2022 05:42:07 pm
      We were never going to buy forwards just for Afcon. It doesn't even make sense to do something like that. Discuss depth and whether Minamino and Origi (and apparently Ox) are good enough all you want but no one buys specifically to replace players that are going to miss 3 or 4 games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #559: Jan 24, 2022 06:58:43 pm
      We were never going to buy forwards just for Afcon. It doesn't even make sense to do something like that. Discuss depth and whether Minamino and Origi (and apparently Ox) are good enough all you want but no one buys specifically to replace players that are going to miss 3 or 4 games.

Word.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #560: Jan 24, 2022 07:37:00 pm
      There are so many big money and big wage signings who never cut the mustard these days that I think you do have to be increasingly careful about when to spend big and when to hold.

To our credit we haven't made too many big mistakes in recent years (and dramatically fewer than under previous managers IMO) but you look at say Spurs, Arsenal or Everton and you can point to hundreds of millions of pounds spent on players who never won anything of note and never came close either. The same is true of that haven for mercenaries over at OT.

Unfortunately there are certain characters within the game whose primary objective it seems is to secure the biggest possible financial package and once there they feel their task is virtually complete. European leagues are littered with these types of player...Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Dybala, Umtiti, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Nicolas Pepe, Jovic,  Man UTD ( ;D), Joelinton etc.

Avoiding w*nkers like this should be high on our list of priorities.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #561: Jan 25, 2022 08:03:12 am
      https://twitter.com/anfieldonline/status/1485771269865885698?t=Ib-pHg0h2OnG5Jl7anHIPA&s=19

General transfer thread locked so this is the closest thing.

Interesting.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #562: Jan 25, 2022 08:19:13 am

Me personally I'll believe it when I see him sat in red with Klopp stood behind beaming.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #563: Jan 25, 2022 08:21:49 am
      Me personally I'll believe it when I see him sat in red with Klopp stood behind beaming.

Of course, that goes without saying.

Just found it interesting as it came from this very website which as it says rarely gets involved in transfer speculation on Twitter.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #564: Jan 25, 2022 08:33:50 am
      Rice, Bellingham about 4 in from Barce. Were in for Mbappe Haaland, Raphinia and the kid at Borrussia, not to mention Bowen...an absolute whopper summer ahead

Cant help but wonder though will we sell 1 or 2 to help fund all these deals!!!
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #565: Jan 25, 2022 08:47:10 am
      Of course, that goes without saying.

Just found it interesting as it came from this very website which as it says rarely gets involved in transfer speculation on Twitter.

Tweets could be low and they need traffic, or however it works on that platform.

He would be amazing for us but he just signed a contract over there and Moyes will want our pants down. Fsg don't even get undressed let alone pants around ankles so let's see.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #566: Jan 25, 2022 01:49:45 pm

Bit of a strange one, that.  :)

Objectively, do we even need him? I'll admit I don't watch West Ham regularly, but isn't he mostly a defensive midfielder? It would seem strange to go after such a big money signing when we already have Fabinho.
      Unless Jürgen would like to implement a tactical switch?

Seems we need to go after someone playing a little bit higher up the pitch, don't we?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #567: Jan 25, 2022 01:50:43 pm
      Would rather they spend that sort of money in Bellingham who is a better player
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #568: Jan 25, 2022 03:20:16 pm
      Would rather they spend that sort of money in Bellingham who is a better player

Rice is really good at different things. Like he can tackle, find a pass, take a shot and so on. A player like that you can play him almost everywhere on the pitch. maybe Bellingham will catch him when he gets as old as rice but as we speak, Rice is a more complete player atm. If that makes sense?

Thats a big bonus. I'm not sure who I would choose between those two and it wouldn't be a easy choice imo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #569: Jan 25, 2022 03:28:07 pm
      Rice is really good at different things. Like he can tackle, find a pass, take a shot and so on. A player like that you can play him almost everywhere on the pitch. maybe Bellingham will catch him when he gets as old as rice but as we speak, Rice is a more complete player atm. If that makes sense?

Thats a big bonus. I'm not sure who I would choose between those two and it wouldn't be a easy choice imo.

I think we need the skills that Bellingham can provide more - Fabinho can cover the other areas , we need someone to be more of a replacement for Henderson etc
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #570: Jan 25, 2022 03:34:13 pm
      I cant make up my mind on Rice, is it stands out at a smaller club, or is he now genuinely the real deal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #571: Jan 25, 2022 03:35:08 pm
      I cant make up my mind on Rice, is it stands out at a smaller club, or is he now genuinely the real deal

He is a quality player but as you say - how good you can only see in a top team
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #572: Jan 25, 2022 03:52:01 pm
      Rice Bellingham double act with Fab making the menage a trois
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #573: Jan 25, 2022 07:02:28 pm
      Diaz talk all month....

Spurs look to seal the deal.

Linked with Traore for two years...

Spurs sealing it.

Typical 😂😂😂.

The thing is I get we won't sign no one in Jan but I'm just so used to this. We get linked with a tidy player then someone else comes in to sign them.

How do some not see this constant pattern?

Anyway another one bites the dust and apparently there's no players out there in January.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #574: Jan 25, 2022 07:20:09 pm
      Diaz talk all month....

Spurs look to seal the deal.

Linked with Traore for two years...

Spurs sealing it.

Typical 😂😂😂.

The thing is I get we won't sign no one in Jan but I'm just so used to this. We get linked with a tidy player then someone else comes in to sign them.

How do some not see this constant pattern?

Anyway another one bites the dust and apparently there's no players out there in January.

Yep there is a pattern - it’s simple , stop believing gossip

Stop believing journalists who look to link teams with any team to get clicks

Quick Reply