Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Scouting talk

Read 332348 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #782: May 30, 2022 02:05:08 pm
      I think its more about who is leaving this summer, Club will probably want the sales to happen quickly, then we may see a couple of new faces.

Looking at Ox, Origi, Mane, Philips, Nico.W all leaving.

Some of the above have arguably already been replaced.

Ox - Jones \ Elliott
      Origi - Jota \ Taki
      Mane - Diaz
      Philips - Konate
      Nico.W - Gomez

That Phillips replacement is okay, eh?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #783: May 30, 2022 02:20:37 pm

No bad aye. ;D

That list of players leaving will add a decent amount into the transfer budget and wages.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #784: May 30, 2022 02:29:29 pm
      Imagine we took Kane and Son of that lot.  :lmao:

You lot! hate Kane so don't start calling him Mr nice guy now.  :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #785: May 30, 2022 02:36:52 pm

Hey, I told you, even though I hate him, I never let that get in my way of acknowledging how good he is. He's amazing. And if he signed tomorrow my ass would been seen in Kane jersey the following day.

I'm a hypocrite all day / everyday
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #786: May 30, 2022 02:40:23 pm

Im not sure what I think of him tbh. ;D

Good player though, just in a FF point of view, can imagine the threat we would possess with salah & diaz feeding Kane and or Son.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #787: May 30, 2022 02:40:38 pm
      Hey, I told you, even though I hate him, I never let that get in my way of acknowledging how good he is. He's amazing. And if he signed tomorrow my ass would been seen in Kane jersey the following day.

;D
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #788: May 30, 2022 02:46:49 pm
      I think Kane is a very good player, probably 1 of the top 5 number 9s in Europe. He's also versatile and can come into midfield to open space and create goals for other players. Much better than Lukaku or other Prem League CFs. He'd probably suit our team but is maybe a bit slow.

3 issues with this-
      Spurs will not sell.
      He probably does not want to force a move now they are in CL.
      We can't afford him.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #789: May 30, 2022 03:59:57 pm
      What about Lewandowski from Bayern? Mane to Bayern right away for 10 Mio. and Lewa? I would do it. Lewa is a top header threat, he is old but class and has 2 more top years in him which gives us time to look for his successor but immediate impact.

P.S. Lewa has officially announced today that he wants to go.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2022 04:10:33 pm by 0112358 »
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #790: May 30, 2022 04:22:22 pm
      This Nunez guy from Benfica seems to be a good player but I suspect we won't enter a bidding war for him, it's something we don't do.

We need to replace Mane, I think the scouting team and Klopp have already thought about it and are planning something. Another Jota-like player and I'm more than happy. Our track record has been excellent in this lately.

I'd like us to steal Saka from Arsenal. Son would be a perfect signing but I think, he costs too much for us.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #791: May 30, 2022 05:04:19 pm
      This Nunez guy from Benfica seems to be a good player but I suspect we won't enter a bidding war for him, it's something we don't do.

We need to replace Mane, I think the scouting team and Klopp have already thought about it and are planning something. Another Jota-like player and I'm more than happy. Our track record has been excellent in this lately.

I'd like us to steal Saka from Arsenal. Son would be a perfect signing but I think, he costs too much for us.

In the past we heard Klopp loved Matinelli, that may be the kid to snap from the Gooners. Bowen is awesome and is the exact like for like as far as style goes. Martin Terrier is a kid that could be a possibility. Talented kid who finished 2nd behind Mbappe in the French leagues golden boot race. Wernt we linked with Neto at one point last season. He kind of scares me. He's over coming a big injury. I think he came of lame in the final game too
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #792: May 30, 2022 05:28:41 pm
      What about Lewandowski from Bayern? Mane to Bayern right away for 10 Mio. and Lewa? I would do it. Lewa is a top header threat, he is old but class and has 2 more top years in him which gives us time to look for his successor but immediate impact.

P.S. Lewa has officially announced today that he wants to go.

Whether it’s Lewa or someone else maybe we should consider getting a natural CF. We played 3 finals this season and scored 0 goals so getting a finisher would help us.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #793: May 30, 2022 05:29:01 pm
      I’ve stopped guessing when it comes to transfers, it’s pointless when our scouting team just embarrasses us every time, showing us for the FIFA/Football Manager video game players we are  :lmao:

They’ll have a plan alongside Jürgen and all will be well.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #794: May 30, 2022 05:33:01 pm

Love it  :lmao:
      Next thing is you'll be joining  Walt & HR saying he maybe a cnut but he's our cnut.  :lmao:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,382 posts | 783 
      Reply #795: May 30, 2022 06:59:13 pm
      Love it  :lmao:
      Next thing is you'll be joining  Walt & HR saying he maybe a cnut but he's our cnut.  :lmao:
      Redundant conversation: We ALL hate/dislike players from other clubs( especially the more gifted ones )...until they sign for us...then,"surprise surprise" (to paraphrase the late Scouse diva Cilla B.) ....We love them...Then they F**koff and we hate them again.
      We love the club...The players are transitory
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #796: May 30, 2022 08:19:42 pm
      For those of who have watched Gavi how good is he? What is his best position or style of play in midfield?

I know he is already playing for the Spain national team at 17 (pretty incredible) but his release clause is around 40m euros which is still quite insane for someone that young.

But I assume hes pretty good technically.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #797: May 31, 2022 01:15:00 am
      In the past we heard Klopp loved Matinelli, that may be the kid to snap from the Gooners. Bowen is awesome and is the exact like for like as far as style goes. Martin Terrier is a kid that could be a possibility. Talented kid who finished 2nd behind Mbappe in the French leagues golden boot race. Wernt we linked with Neto at one point last season. He kind of scares me. He's over coming a big injury. I think he came of lame in the final game too

Buying from another English club, especially from one of the supposed big 6 (or whatever it is), is cost-prohibitive. Very unlikely.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #798: May 31, 2022 09:26:53 am
      Redundant conversation: We ALL hate/dislike players from other clubs( especially the more gifted ones )...until they sign for us...then,"surprise surprise" (to paraphrase the late Scouse diva Cilla B.) ....We love them...Then they F**koff and we hate them again.
      We love the club...The players are transitory

This rule is generally true but obviously does not apply to Richarlison and some other players who has such high levels of c**tishness that they could never be accepted.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #799: May 31, 2022 12:22:24 pm
      United also been linked with him Bob.

Maybe hid fellow countrymen can help.  Cavani can remind him how sh*t scum is.  Then Suarez can remind him how great our club and fans are.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #800: May 31, 2022 12:41:37 pm
      Nkunku available would be ideal for what LFC needs.
      Risk of a bidding war though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #801: May 31, 2022 03:13:49 pm

Can't stand him, but you can't deny his ability and whether you like him or not, he's a player you'd rather have playing for you than against you. Obviously there are exceptions to this.

But if anyone thinks we are actually going to make any attempt to sign Kane, they probably need to give their head a wobble.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,116 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #802: May 31, 2022 03:27:40 pm
      Then Suarez can remind him how great our club and fans are.

Yet instigated a move to get out thus treating the fans like sh*te. Hmmm  :roll:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #803: May 31, 2022 04:02:19 pm
      We don't need another forward.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #804: May 31, 2022 04:54:48 pm

Think with Origi leaving then if Mane does go then it would be wise to get another, we’ve seen how quickly injuries can rip apart an area of the team and now we’ve gotten to a level of having 5 top class forwards, I think that’s a level we should be looking to maintain.

Quick Reply

Connection Problems

Connection issue

LFC Reds is temporarily unavailable - check back in the next few minutes.