Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Scouting talk

Read 332036 times
      Emlyn Hughes and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #897: Jun 12, 2022 01:08:24 pm
      And our defenders :

Robertson
      Tsimikas

VVD
      Matip
      Kanate
      Gomez

TAA
      Ramsey

That’s a rota man for every position and again I can’t see any need to strengthen their this season.

So I think Ramsey and Nunez could be it for now. Unless we have to replace kelleher.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #898: Jun 12, 2022 01:54:19 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #899: Jun 12, 2022 03:47:24 pm
      Would love neves signing, out of the blue just like Jota. Keep hearing he want to leave and wolves have around  £50 million  price tag on him.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #900: Jun 12, 2022 08:02:53 pm
      Midfield is :

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Jones
      Elliot
      Milner
      Thiago

Even if Ox leaves that still leaves 7 players and unless Jones goes on loan or we sell one of the main midfielders I can’t see us buying anyone else there. Especially as we have reportedly offered keita a new deal.
      With the players getting older and Milner most likely leaving in 2023 I can see that being the year we freshen our midfield...

For me, we need to improve this midfield. Although I like Milner, he's simply not good enough anymore, except for one or two odd PL games when someone's injured. But for the level we want to be at, we need excellent players on the pitch and on the bench. Jones and Elliott are not there yet and Milner is past it. Keita still needs to show that he can play regularly; Henderson is ageing and gets injured quite often, same for Thiago. Fabinho is the only reliable midfielder but he can get injured too. I would like us to replace Ox with a good DM/CM who can fight for a starting place.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #901: Jun 13, 2022 11:24:03 pm
      Sporting midfielder Matheus Nunes rumoured to be joining. Good player but I rather have Neves plus he plays already here in the PL
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #902: Jun 14, 2022 02:01:10 am

For me, we need to improve this midfield. Although I like Milner, he's simply not good enough anymore, except for one or two odd PL games when someone's injured. But for the level we want to be at, we need excellent players on the pitch and on the bench. Jones and Elliott are not there yet and Milner is past it. Keita still needs to show that he can play regularly; Henderson is ageing and gets injured quite often, same for Thiago. Fabinho is the only reliable midfielder but he can get injured too. I would like us to replace Ox with a good DM/CM who can fight for a starting place.

I agree -- we need to bring in 1 new CM who can add some energy, drive, and quality in this area.  Obviously we have a very good team and some very good CM's, but that 1 new face could help push the others to be even better.  Basically, a new Gini would be perfect!! 

Sporting midfielder Matheus Nunes rumoured to be joining. Good player but I rather have Neves plus he plays already here in the PL

Never seen Nunes, but he seems like the right profile.  I can't see us spunking 50M on a player like Neves after just splashing out on Darwin, so maybe Nunes would be a sensible signing?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #903: Jun 14, 2022 02:20:37 am
      I have not watched too much of Wolves this year. How has Neves evolved? I remember he more of a deep-lying playmaker that a box to box profile. Has his added elements of ball carrying and developed his defensive side?
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #904: Jun 14, 2022 03:15:31 am
      We have too many bodies in the middle, so unless someone leaves there's not likely going to be any adds there.

Jones and Elliott need game time to continue to make forward steps in their development and would like to see Morton more involved next season. With Milner given an extra year, the only realistic departure may be Ox, and i have not yet seen any reliable rumors of he wanting to leave.

Also, if we were to play 4-2-3-1 more often that further reduces the need to add anyone in midfield since Bobby could play that AM position behind the striker.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,005 posts | 224 
      Reply #905: Jun 14, 2022 09:02:27 am
      I have not watched too much of Wolves this year. How has Neves evolved? I remember he more of a deep-lying playmaker that a box to box profile. Has his added elements of ball carrying and developed his defensive side?
      very good range of passing, short, cross field, long and pops up with worldies goals. 
      He came on for the start of the 2 half v Spain and turned the game and against Switzerland and Czech Republic  he run the midfield 2nd game v Switzerland was looking tiered in the 2nd half.

« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2022 02:39:15 pm by verde-rubro »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #906: Jun 14, 2022 01:33:00 pm
      I’d be all over that Bissouma from Brighton. Escpeically for £25m which spurs have apparently offered.
      Would give our midfield a massive boost.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #907: Jun 14, 2022 01:59:07 pm
      I’d be all over that Bissouma from Brighton. Escpeically for £25m which spurs have apparently offered.
      Would give our midfield a massive boost.

Apparently according to "reports" we are going to target a midfielder next summer. My guess is....Hey Jude.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #908: Jun 14, 2022 02:41:43 pm
      Hope the rumours of no midfielders coming in this season is incorrect.

A 75 year old Milner, declining Hendo, Thiago and Keita who have a poor injury record and inexperience of Curtis and Elliot.

It’s already hard enough keeping up with the cheats without handicapping ourselves.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #909: Jun 14, 2022 02:43:14 pm
      very good range of passing, short, cross field, long and pops up with worldies goals. 
      He came on for the start of the 2 half v Spain and turned the game and against Switzerland and Czech Republic  he run the midfield 2nd game v Switzerland was looking tiered in the 2nd half.

Slow and extremely one paced, scores the odd worldy. I would avoid.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #910: Jun 14, 2022 03:14:15 pm

A 75 year old Milner, declining Hendo, Thiago and Keita who have a poor injury record and inexperience of Curtis and Elliot.

It’s already hard enough keeping up with the cheats without handicapping ourselves.

My guess....Klopp may be changing up the system a bit...maybe a 4-2-3-1 and with Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Keita, we won't "need" a new midfielder right away and he'll wait for the generational talent that Bellingham supposedly is.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #911: Jun 14, 2022 03:18:31 pm

Jones and Elliott are not going to develop if you put more players ahead of them on the team. We'll need departures, either through loan or sale, in order to have any chance at bringing in another midfield. As it is we already have 8 midfielders for 3 positions, so that number is not going to go up.

It's much more likely next summer we'll see midfield activity. Milner may depart then, I believe both Ox and Thiago's contract are also up after this season.

Ox would preferably leave this summer but have not heard any rumors of he being sold.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #912: Jun 14, 2022 03:53:06 pm
      My guess....Klopp may be changing up the system a bit...maybe a 4-2-3-1 and with Thiago, Hendo, Fab and Keita, we won't "need" a new midfielder right away and he'll wait for the generational talent that Bellingham supposedly is.

FL, thats a good midfield but do we gamble our season on this midfield knowing their injury history. Curtis needs to step up and elliot is a better winger/am then a proper CM, same goes for Carvalho. If it was up to me then i would have sign a proper CM, who also feels comfortable as a DM.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #913: Jun 14, 2022 04:14:34 pm
      Gravenberch for £20m and Bissouma for £25m. Seem reasonably priced and yet no apparent interest from us this time around suggests we may not sign a CM without getting lucky and having an offer come in for Ox. Personally think we need a CM and would be happy to see Curtis loaned out, Ox sold for absolutely anything and even Keita if a half decent offer was forthcoming. The fact that they aren't attracting interest speaks for itself IMO. Two out, a good one in, job done.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #914: Jun 14, 2022 04:19:48 pm
      Gravenberch for £20m and Bissouma for £25m. Seem reasonably priced and yet no apparent interest from us this time around

Just because it wasn't reported doesn't mean there wasn't interest.  ;)

And Bissouma? Thanks, but no thanks. Decent player, but very questionable attitude (and I'm not even talking about the investigation he's currently under).
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #915: Jun 14, 2022 04:55:15 pm
      Our weakness now is in midfield.

Milner is not able to control games or impact them like he used to.

Thiago and keita are quality but tend to get niggles.

Henderson is getting on and seeing more time in the physio room.

Jones hasn’t really improved this past year and could do with a loan out imo.

Elliot is a great kid to have playing every other week or so.

Fabinho is ace.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #916: Jun 14, 2022 07:23:06 pm

I think you are right to be concerned but I would prefer to wait until next year for a world class player (Bellingham) rather than adding another very good midfielder. Bissouma and Nevez are good but they are not much better than Elliot and Jones, if both those players continue to improve as we expect.
      There is a risk that there could be injuries but Bobby can stand in for Thiago, even Taki could fill in as as an attacking midfielder if required. 

Ii think we have enough players, it is just the quality that is a bit lacking.I doubt we have the money to get Bellingham, Rice or similar this year.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #917: Jun 14, 2022 07:23:25 pm
      Nunez confirmed.
      Let’s say it’s £85m plus carvalho and Ramsey you are looking at around £100m

Selling mane for £35m (I reckon that’ll do)
      Ox £10m
      Phillips and Williams for maybe £20m for the both.
      Minamino £15m

Looking at least £80m

So we should now get our midfielder in. With the high intensity game we play we need a boss in midfield. Too many of them are either old or injury prone and next summer we could lose bobby and salah so they will need replacing.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #918: Jun 14, 2022 09:10:45 pm
      If we don't bring in midfield this year I can only think its because we are doing a deal for Bellingham next year.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #919: Jun 14, 2022 10:24:00 pm
      If we don't bring in midfield this year I can only think its because we are doing a deal for Bellingham next year.
      Rice is a better fit for me

Quick Reply