Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Scouting talk

Read 332442 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,375 posts | 6401 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2231: Apr 06, 2023 11:19:38 am
      West Hams Rice be cheaper if they go down you reckon? Or still expensive due to him being English?

Heā€™s going to a team playing in the championā€™s league. Probably City.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #2232: Apr 06, 2023 08:24:59 pm
      He only has one year left on his contract anyway so wonā€™t be too stupid price

Yep.

Personally I think we should be all-over Rice. For me he's an even more suitable for than Bellingham.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2233: Apr 07, 2023 02:46:38 am
      Heā€™s going to a team playing in the championā€™s league. Probably City.
      How stupid is Phillips for City? ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,375 posts | 6401 
      Reply #2234: Apr 07, 2023 02:56:36 am

That one never made sense to me other than they didnā€™t want him going to a rival so they bought him and stashed him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2235: Apr 07, 2023 07:06:25 am
      That one never made sense to me other than they didnā€™t want him going to a rival so they bought him and stashed him.

Yup, complete waste of a talent, but you have to question the lads mentality, happy riding the crest of the wave at Leeds knowing he would be signing for a big club and continuing his career on a upward trajectory, but he chose to sit on Citehā€™s bench for the money,

I think if you ask most players they will still say the passion and love of playing professional football drives them on, living the dream as they say, so what happened to Phillips dream ?

Must have got washed down the bogs at the emptihad when he had his first sh*t there, imagine him sat there on the throne, thinking of all those millions heā€™d be raking in, yeah, F**k playing, Iā€™ll just sit on the bench swelling my arse while my bank account swells too, happy days??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,126 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2236: Apr 07, 2023 08:58:25 am

Thatā€™s the beauty of oily money, they can afford it. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #2237: Apr 07, 2023 12:54:20 pm

Could go against us with Jude as they will be looking to reinforce now
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #2238: Apr 07, 2023 01:03:41 pm

Yup, complete waste of a talent, but you have to question the lads mentality, happy riding the crest of the wave at Leeds knowing he would be signing for a big club and continuing his career on a upward trajectory, but he chose to sit on Citehā€™s bench for the money,

I think if you ask most players they will still say the passion and love of playing professional football drives them on, living the dream as they say, so what happened to Phillips dream ?

Must have got washed down the bogs at the emptihad when he had his first sh*t there, imagine him sat there on the throne, thinking of all those millions heā€™d be raking in, yeah, f**k playing, Iā€™ll just sit on the bench swelling my arse while my bank account swells too, happy days??
      And in a year where the world cup was due to be played. He barely featured in the tournament. Very odd move on his part
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #2239: Apr 07, 2023 11:04:40 pm
      Looks like Milner might leave so I reckon his wages will go on another free. So Bellingham and another considerable midfield signing plus a defender at least .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #2240: Apr 08, 2023 01:30:57 pm
      Looks like Milner might leave so I reckon his wages will go on another free. So Bellingham and another considerable midfield signing plus a defender at least .

Dunno Rossy mate, seen that interview with little Mickey O, says he could have one or two more seasons in him yet, he certainly didnā€™t indicate he was looking at hangin them up, he did say tho he was in the final stages of his coaching badges so that might influence his decision, and if he were offered a role at the AxA I think that could sway his decision, however he also alluded to ā€˜Play on as long as possibleā€™ that saying all ex players advise those in their twilight years, I donā€™t think he knows himself which he also alluded to, and would depend on how he feels physically and mentally and obviously if he can still hold his own at this level,

It would be absolutely f***in mental to allow this fella to leave altogether, so whatever the future holds for this remarkably special player LFC should move heaven & earth to keep him part of the family!!

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #2241: Apr 08, 2023 01:46:44 pm

Dunno Rossy mate, seen that interview with little Mickey O, says he could have one or two more seasons in him yet, he certainly didnā€™t indicate he was looking at hangin them up, he did say tho he was in the final stages of his coaching badges so that might influence his decision, and if he were offered a role at the AxA I think that could sway his decision, however he also alluded to ā€˜Play on as long as possibleā€™ that saying all ex players advise those in their twilight years, I donā€™t think he knows himself which he also alluded to, and would depend on how he feels physically and mentally and obviously if he can still hold his own at this level,

It would be absolutely f***in mental to allow this fella to leave altogether, so whatever the future holds for this remarkably special player LFC should move heaven & earth to keep him part of the family!!

YNWA

Will be a sad un when he hangs them up.but problem is he may have some more years but just not here and when you factor his wages onto what you could be paying someone else not an easy decision
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #2242: Apr 08, 2023 02:01:42 pm
      Think most us believe Bellingham is Anfield bound, no guarantee of that of course, same as Rice although he is most likely to choose Chavs over anyone North of the M40, Maddison would bite yer hand off, Caicedo hasnā€™t done enough for me, or to be fair to him hasnā€™t been in the EPL long to substantiate his talents,

There are one or two others worth a shout too, John McGinn at Villa is one of those who will go through a brick wall and back again would love him here, Ward-Prowse is another decent shout, itā€™s abundantly clear thatā€™s where we need most help but we canā€™t afford to ignore other areas, two new CBā€™s are also required imo, and the longest perhaps most controversial is the rb position, we really canā€™t afford to wait until young Ramsey comes to the party,

So Iā€™m throwing a name into the hat and think James Tavernier @ Rangers would be pretty f***in handy, ok heā€™s 31 but, weā€™re not asking him to play every game, but heā€™d be superb cover for Trent, as good if not better at defending, has a very good cross in him and is lethal with a dead ball, ticks all the boxes for me, wouldnā€™t cost the f***in earth cos heā€™s English either,

Trent is burnt out, heā€™s been used far too much imo, and has obviously taken its toll, so to have a player like Tavernier to come on in his stead would be priceless, and will keep Trentā€™s legs fresh too, no brainer for me ??

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #2243: Apr 08, 2023 02:14:12 pm
      Think most us believe Bellingham is Anfield bound, no guarantee of that of course, same as Rice although he is most likely to choose Chavs over anyone North of the M40, Maddison would bite yer hand off, Caicedo hasnā€™t done enough for me, or to be fair to him hasnā€™t been in the EPL long to substantiate his talents,

There are one or two others worth a shout too, John McGinn at Villa is one of those who will go through a brick wall and back again would love him here, Ward-Prowse is another decent shout, itā€™s abundantly clear thatā€™s where we need most help but we canā€™t afford to ignore other areas, two new CBā€™s are also required imo, and the longest perhaps most controversial is the rb position, we really canā€™t afford to wait until young Ramsey comes to the party,

So Iā€™m throwing a name into the hat and think James Tavernier @ Rangers would be pretty f***in handy, ok heā€™s 31 but, weā€™re not asking him to play every game, but heā€™d be superb cover for Trent, as good if not better at defending, has a very good cross in him and is lethal with a dead ball, ticks all the boxes for me, wouldnā€™t cost the f***in earth cos heā€™s English either,

Trent is burnt out, heā€™s been used far too much imo, and has obviously taken its toll, so to have a player like Tavernier to come on in his stead would be priceless, and will keep Trentā€™s legs fresh too, no brainer for me ??

YNWA

Will be a sad un when he hangs them up.but problem is he may have some more years but just not here and when you factor his wages onto what you could be paying someone else not an easy decision

Iā€™m of the opinion that Liverpool will be Jimmyā€™s last club, canā€™t see him dropping down a level for one last hurrah just for one season, even if he does stay here I fancy it will be his last, so I believe heā€™ll say enough is enough and move into coaching at the end of next season.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      Reply #2244: Apr 08, 2023 02:15:54 pm
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How the F**k has that happened?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #2245: Apr 08, 2023 07:30:35 pm
      If we were to change to playing with a number 10 could do worse than Florian Wirtz from Leverkusen. Major talent then suffered an ACL, has come back and has been quite outstanding.

https://twitter.com/GGFN_/status/1644704827644026882
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #2246: Apr 12, 2023 07:47:40 pm
      Something like Rice (valued at 80m euros), Barella (70m) and Mount(65m) would be a successful summer in terms of getting ourselves well under way in terms of a midfield revamp.

I think West Ham have an option to extend Rice's contract for an extra year, but I also think that if someone came knocking with a tempting offer this summer they could let him go for a bit less than what he's valued at.

Barella is the player that would probably cost the most out of this bunch, but assuming he comes here and doesn't instantly turn into another player made of glass then the fee would be more than worth it. Hard to do better in terms of a Liverpool FC type of midfielder. Can run for days, box to box, can carry it, pass it, agile with the ball at his feet, tackles well, etc. You put that lad at RCM and all of a sudden Trent looks like the old TAA again because he has the Gini replacement we never got. Also, for the price, you never know with those Serie A clubs. Lots of financial turmoil and sometimes come summer they are selling for lower than they should.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2247: Apr 12, 2023 07:53:21 pm
      Something like Rice (valued at 80m euros), Barella (70m) and Mount(65m) would be a successful summer in terms of getting ourselves well under way in terms of a midfield revamp.

I think West Ham have an option to extend Rice's contract for an extra year, but I also think that if someone came knocking with a tempting offer this summer they could let him go for a bit less than what he's valued at.

Barella is the player that would probably cost the most out of this bunch, but assuming he comes here and doesn't instantly turn into another player made of glass then the fee would be more than worth it. Hard to do better in terms of a Liverpool FC type of midfielder. Can run for days, box to box, can carry it, pass it, agile with the ball at his feet, tackles well, etc. You put that lad at RCM and all of a sudden Trent looks like the old TAA again because he has the Gini replacement we never got. Also, for the price, you never know with those Serie A clubs. Lots of financial turmoil and sometimes come summer they are selling for lower than they should.

Never seen enough of Barella to judge but certainly been a lot of talk about him

Rice - now 12 months ago I thought he was just a bit overrated or overpriced , he is solid enough and cleans up well but just didnā€™t do enough with the ball - he seems to have improved that area

I donā€™t tbink there is an option hence why he will leave this summer imo
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,419 posts | 2836 
      Reply #2248: Apr 12, 2023 08:15:49 pm

I'd be absolutely amazed if Barella ever left Italy. And on the small chance he does I think he would go for more than the 100m Inter got for Lukaku a couple of years ago.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #2249: Apr 12, 2023 08:45:36 pm
      Never seen enough of Barella to judge but certainly been a lot of talk about him

Rice - now 12 months ago I thought he was just a bit overrated or overpriced , he is solid enough and cleans up well but just didnā€™t do enough with the ball - he seems to have improved that area

I donā€™t tbink there is an option hence why he will leave this summer imo
      I think I saw that info on his transfermarkt page, but I didn't go further in terms of verifying it to be honest.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Barella ever left Italy. And on the small chance he does I think he would go for more than the 100m Inter got for Lukaku a couple of years ago.
      It's a good point. Not a lot of the top Italian players venture out of Serie A from what I can tell. If he does, I think he has the attributes to succeed in the PL and fit very well in Klopp's team.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #2250: Apr 13, 2023 09:52:37 am
      So now we are looking at the following three players?

Mason Mount 
      Conor Gallagher
      Matheus Nunes

Doesnā€™t really fill me with excitement to be honest. The three players barley got much game time at their clubs. Those are the players they should help us get competitive again for a CL spot?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #2251: Apr 13, 2023 10:28:41 am
      So now we are looking at the following three players?

Mason Mount 
      Conor Gallagher
      Matheus Nunes

Doesnā€™t really fill me with excitement to be honest. The three players barley got much game time at their clubs. Those are the players they should help us get competitive again for a CL spot?

When we bought Henderson, Milner and Gini fans were not very excited but they all played an important role in the team.

I do agree with your general point however, we've become quite a predictable team. When Thiago came on against Arsenal we played better and we were more fun to watch. He brought some quality onto the pitch. Sadly he's old and injury prone and we need more players who can create different goalscoring opportunities. We are to reliant on scoring certain types of goals- quick breaks and counter press. More quality in midfield would give us more options. Maybe the players you list can make opportunities for Thiago to create without needing to run and tackle as much, therefore hopefully staying fit for more games.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #2252: Apr 13, 2023 11:23:28 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,375 posts | 6401 
      Reply #2253: Apr 13, 2023 12:02:00 pm

Speculation, thought you didnā€™t deal in speculation 🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø

Quick Reply