Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Scouting talk

Read 332068 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2484: May 05, 2023 08:03:04 pm
      Hmmm.... 15 goals all while dealing with a new city, a new language and a new team.

I think he's worth keeping around.

Haaland has 35 PL goals in his first season. He's a freak.  But that is what we are competing against.  If you finish ahead of Citeh, odds are you win the title.

Anyway, we're just flappin gums here, in all likelihood Nunez will be here next season, so we will see.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2485: May 05, 2023 08:05:14 pm
      Being round a very poor midfield will make anyone poorer than what they actually are.

All things being equal, of the front 5, he's impressed me the least in general play, this season, lets put it that way.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #2486: May 05, 2023 08:09:24 pm
      I've got big concerns about Nunez - astonishing how poor he is on the ball and how much he lacks composure when he's got time to think before he shoots - but think we need to stick with him for another year. See what happens when he's adapted to the league/country more and what he's like when we're in a more stable way on the pitch which should be the case next season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2487: May 05, 2023 08:32:55 pm
      I've got big concerns about Nunez - astonishing how poor he is on the ball and how much he lacks composure when he's got time to think before he shoots - but think we need to stick with him for another year. See what happens when he's adapted to the league/country more and what he's like when we're in a more stable way on the pitch which should be the case next season.

Fair enough, and it's probably what will happen.
      I want us to win the title again with Jürgen. Think have lost some patience after last summer.
      It's massively difficult, with what we're up against, and we're starting from further back on the grid. Can't leave any stone unturned.
      But no matter who pulls on the red shirt, will be absolutely 100% behind them on the day.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2488: May 06, 2023 01:01:52 am

Agreed, we have to give him one more year but I have a feeling Jürgen is getting more annoyed then anything, that his English hasn't improved at a more rapid rate.

Must be frustrating as F**k for Jürgen.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2489: May 06, 2023 08:17:25 am
      Quote from AussieRed link=topic=52034.msg2547522#msg2547522  date=1683331312

Must be frustrating as f**k for Jürgen.

Not for me.    :f_whistle:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,721 posts | 153 
      Reply #2490: May 06, 2023 08:20:07 am
      £80 million is too much for Mac Allister. I'd rather just pay the extra for jude.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #2491: May 06, 2023 08:59:26 am
      £80 million is too much for Mac Allister. I'd rather just pay the extra for jude.

The extra £70mil which can be used for another player you mean
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,721 posts | 153 
      Reply #2492: May 06, 2023 12:40:06 pm
      The extra £70mil which can be used for another player you mean

Reports are saying Madrid are offering 100 million euros + 20 million add ons. If he moves for that amount then questions need to be asked, unless he rejected us but we are too embarrassed to say it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #2493: May 06, 2023 12:43:30 pm
      Reports are saying Madrid are offering 100 million euros + 20 million add ons. If he moves for that amount then questions need to be asked, unless he rejected us but we are too embarrassed to say it.

He won’t be going for that amount of money.

Even Spanish media are saying Dortmund are holding out for £150mil
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,721 posts | 153 
      Reply #2494: May 06, 2023 12:47:10 pm
      £150 million is a crazy fee that even City won't pay. If Dortmund play hard ball which they usually do then he will be staying there for a while.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #2495: May 06, 2023 03:47:31 pm
      Questions need to be asked? 120m? If you're saying that based on the idea that he would've been our only signing of the summer then yeah I would've expected us to be able to foot the bill considering we had been ''saving'' for him or even just as a summer where we spend big on one player from a position of power. But if you are saying this as in ''we should sign Bellingham and then another 2 midfielders, a CB and RB to fix our problems or else questions need to be asked'' then I have to ask you what are you smoking?

Like I said before, the whole Bellingham fiasco is something FSG needs to be held accountable for, but with that said, expecting us to sign Bellingham and 2 or 3 more quality players during the summer is just unrealistic regardless of if FSG is cheap or not. That's basically around 300m if not more that you're asking for to be spent all in one summer, just on transfer fees. I don't even think Chelsea or City have done that in one summer (I would have to check) and we don't have oil daddies like they do.

Basically, FSG put themselves in a corner with this whole Bellingham story. They were either stupid and postponed the midfield investment until we basically found ourselves in the current situation where we need 2 or 3 midfielders in one summer which in turn completely puts the idea of spending 100m on one player out of the question OR they were dishonest and never intended to bid for him in the first place and were using the story to justify not spending money with the results of this ''theory'' being the same...we need 2 or 3 midfielders in one summer before we even start looking at other positions in the squad.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #2496: May 06, 2023 07:30:32 pm
      80m.is I would say 20m too much for Mcallister need to make sure we don't get our pants pulled down as clubs no we are desperate
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2497: May 06, 2023 09:05:05 pm
      I would much prefer we go for Caicedo than McAllister, we need sone pace, mobility and tenacity in there, particularly if Trent is going to continue as a middie
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      Reply #2498: May 07, 2023 12:28:44 am
      I reckon we get no one and our starting MF next season will be TAA, Bajetic and Fab !!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2499: May 07, 2023 07:23:44 pm
      I reckon we get no one and our starting MF next season will be TAA, Bajetic and Fab !!!

Bloody hope not
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #2500: May 08, 2023 09:45:15 am
      If Trent is going to transition into midfield I just hope to f**k we don't go down the same old route of making do in the right back position. 

No doubt even now some on here will say Joe Gomez can play there and Calvin Ramsey deserves a chance.

If Trent is vacating the spot it's time to spend money on a right back. Gomez can catch a bus out of here and Calvin Ramsey would need to improve an awful lot over the summer to be considered even for the bench.

If Trent is a midfielder he's a midfielder. I hope we don't muddy the waters and play him right back half the season when the position is bare. Let him develop into the best midfielder he can be.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #2501: May 08, 2023 04:05:27 pm
      I would much prefer we go for Caicedo than McAllister, we need sone pace, mobility and tenacity in there, particularly if Trent is going to continue as a middie

Getting both would make sense, then let Jones Carvalho Elliott mature and trent get used to his new position.

Don't think it's beyond us bidding for both just need a fullback and a centre half then I will be happy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      Reply #2502: May 10, 2023 08:01:22 am

Me too Bud

But I just see JWH's Brain turning, thinking, squeezing, plotting..."how can I get out of spending money?"
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,412 posts | 2835 
      Reply #2503: May 14, 2023 02:59:37 pm
      Mount strikes me as a Pochettino type player so can see him staying there now if he gets a bit of assurance around game time.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2504: May 14, 2023 03:02:43 pm
      Mount strikes me as a Pochettino type player so can see him staying there now if he gets a bit of assurance around game time.

Hope so I don’t like him
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #2505: May 14, 2023 06:36:17 pm
      I would still prefer Caicedo over anyone else for the summer who could be realistic to sign.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #2506: May 14, 2023 07:02:23 pm
      I would still prefer Caicedo over anyone else for the summer who could be realistic to sign.

Looks quality, played right back today againt arsenal and was steady which shows he's got a good football brain on him, and still getting forward at the end.

Think champions league will be key.

Quick Reply