Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Scouting talk

Read 354571 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #6049: May 27, 2024 12:01:37 am
      Leeds looking like need to sell anyone seen much of Gray and Summerville ?

Gray looks promising,  don't see the hype with summerville
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,365 posts | 290 
      Reply #6050: May 27, 2024 07:00:32 am
      Yeah. He's the only kid I know that calls them boots ;D.

Cleats?..new one on me that...I'm 44 and a few years back was given a pair of modern adidas moulded boots that my young cousin didn't want , I thought I'll use them for a kick about with my then interested in football daughters...bloody hell as someone who grew up playing with a proper pair of leather boots and a mitre delta ball it was terrible trying to play in those combined with the weight of a modern ball, it was like trying to control a fly away with ballet pumps on...maybe the wet grass didn't help but it just shows how things change.
      Nope, give me my 25yr old adidas boots that I've still got in my garage any day but I'll swap my knackered left knee though 😖
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,365 posts | 290 
      Reply #6051: May 27, 2024 07:03:26 am
      Gray looks promising,  don't see the hype with summerville

Seems a bit of a 'small town boy' to me...also can't see him 'leaving this way' 😎
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #6052: May 27, 2024 06:17:30 pm
      Cleats are generally what we call football boots in the States. My 11 YO calls them boots, but that's just cuz he watches European football all his life.

Boots are what we call work shoes or dress shoes that are generally higher top heavy duty shoes.

And id dare say I've watched Summerville almkst as much as anyone this past season. There's a lot of Diaz in him, but with better link up play. Will look to cut in front left to center and go for goal, but also rewards the over lapping run on the flanks and will also put his head down and run to byline and put in pull back crosses with his left foot. The stuff off the ball doesn't stand out one way or another for me. We could do better, but like Diaz, there's a quick twitch athletic player there. Maybe he's more coachable?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #6053: May 28, 2024 05:20:42 am
      Been reading up on this Ederson DCM at Atalanta. Koopminers is the talk from that team for a while, and then boom this kids name comes up. Very Edwardsy, I dare say.

Anyone know more on him?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,525 posts | 2874 
      Reply #6054: May 28, 2024 08:46:51 am
      Been reading up on this Ederson DCM at Atalanta. Koopminers is the talk from that team for a while, and then boom this kids name comes up. Very Edwardsy, I dare say.

Anyone know more on him?

Don't watch Serie A but he was absolute class in the games against us and in the final too.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,237 posts | 243 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6055: May 28, 2024 09:25:59 am
      I'm hearing a lot about this Leny Yoro kid at Lille who we're targeting as a long term Virgil replacement.

Not seen anything of him but to play pretty much every game at the heart of the defence for an 18 year old is pretty impressive, nevermind for a team that finished top 4.

Contract expires in 12 months and may be available for around £30-35m although he probably is Madrid/PSG bound.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6056: May 28, 2024 02:00:20 pm
      Would love us just to go buy the 2 or 3 players we need from the bracket of " already proven top class, age 25 to 28 "

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,237 posts | 243 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6057: May 28, 2024 04:03:32 pm
      Would love us just to go buy the 2 or 3 players we need from the bracket of " already proven top class, age 25 to 28 "

Rules out Musiala and Wirtz  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #6058: May 28, 2024 04:25:44 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,226 posts | 3395 
      Reply #6059: May 28, 2024 06:49:13 pm
      Leeds looking like need to sell anyone seen much of Gray and Summerville ?

I've been lobbying for us to sign Archie Gray for some time. Had a really poor game in the play-off final though, which was disappointing.

Summerville is a big fish in a small pond type player from what I've seen of him. If we're looking at Championship wingers, and I highly doubt we are, then Jonathan Rowe from Norwich is the one I'd go for.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,056 posts | 343 
      Reply #6060: May 29, 2024 08:32:38 am
      I think we need a top quality starting 11 CB not people to make up the numbers. We have VVD, Konate, Quansah, Gomez and Van Den Berg. Plenty of depth but maybe a bit lacking in quality, mainly because Konate can't stay fit and Quansah is inexperienced.

Hmm what happened to Van den Berg? Is he not good enough for us? Been out on loan I think, but being Dutch, Slotty will surely give him a go?

Ah, just seen we’ve put a 20mil price tag on him so I suppose he’s for sale…
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2024 08:46:34 am by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      redno7
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | 21 
      Reply #6061: May 29, 2024 09:05:50 am
      Seems a bit of a 'small town boy' to me...also can't see him 'leaving this way' 😎

I spotted it mate...  ;D
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 858 posts | 306 
      Reply #6062: May 29, 2024 10:19:52 pm
      Hmm what happened to Van den Berg? Is he not good enough for us? Been out on loan I think, but being Dutch, Slotty will surely give him a go?

Ah, just seen we’ve put a 20mil price tag on him so I suppose he’s for sale…

I've also seen the reports that he's potentially up for sale. But I still think we only need 1 new quality CB to replace Matip. I think it possibly depends on Slot's opinion on Gomez, where does he want him to play?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,760 posts | 863 
      Reply #6063: May 30, 2024 02:06:21 am
      I'm hearing a lot about this Leny Yoro kid at Lille who we're targeting as a long term Virgil replacement.

Not seen anything of him but to play pretty much every game at the heart of the defence for an 18 year old is pretty impressive, nevermind for a team that finished top 4.

Contract expires in 12 months and may be available for around £30-35m although he probably is Madrid/PSG bound.
      Real Madrid are said to be interested in him. Let me break to everyone here just so nobody get a bad surprise, if Real Madrid are indeed interested in him, that's where he'll go.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,237 posts | 243 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6064: May 30, 2024 09:39:58 am
      Real Madrid are said to be interested in him. Let me break to everyone here just so nobody get a bad surprise, if Real Madrid are indeed interested in him, that's where he'll go.

Not gonna lose any sleep over missing out on some 18 year old kiddo widdo. He has my blessing to go there.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #6065: May 30, 2024 06:41:19 pm
      We have a good squad with a good mix of youth, prime age range, and experienced heads in the group.  The task for the summer needs to be:

1.  Extend the contracts of TAA, VVD, and Mo.  If any of them don't want to extend, then sell now to cash in and replace. 

2.  Replace Thiago and Matip in the squad.  Quansah already stepped up to fill the void left by Joel's injury last season, and it sounds like Sepp had a very positive season on loan.  Maybe he can return to round out the CB depth chart?  Same logic applies for Tyler Morton and Stef Bajcetic -- it shouldn't be hard to fill Thiago's place in the squad as he barely kicked a ball these last 2 seasons. 

3.  Add quality to the starting 11.  This could be 1 big time signing, or a couple of less expensive signings.  It may also need to be done as a 1-out and 1-in situation, like replacing Gakpo, or Diaz, or Jones, etc with a significantly improved option.  To be candid, I have been underwhelmed by most of the names we've been linked with like Dani Olmo, Ollie Watkins, etc.  Hopefully Edwards is working on a piece of magic in the bbackground!!  If we can get that 1 world class star to round out this group, I think we can really push for the title again next season. 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #6066: May 30, 2024 07:07:42 pm
      If Ollie Watkins underwhelms you, then your standards are HIGH
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 453 
      Reply #6067: May 30, 2024 07:44:52 pm
      Rumours PSG want Konate. With his injury record I'd sell him and spend it on a defender who can play twice a week.

Good player when he gets a rare run of games.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,268 posts | 1118 
      Reply #6068: May 30, 2024 08:10:53 pm
      Rumours PSG want Konate. With his injury record I'd sell him and spend it on a defender who can play twice a week.

Good player when he gets a rare run of games.
      If you can get a profit I think ypu do it. Like you said, really good player when healthy. But that's the kind of guy we need to break away from. We won a lot of trophies with guys like Gini, Bobby, and Mily. Dependable, present, and always down to do a job
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,381 posts | 4979 
      Reply #6069: May 30, 2024 08:18:49 pm
      I'm a huge Konate fan but on reflection I think I'm with you guys.

Massive offer and worth considering
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,932 posts | 977 
      Reply #6070: May 30, 2024 11:44:00 pm

Not really.  He wouldn't be a huge upgrade over any of our current attacking players.  He might be marginally better than Gakpo.  He might be a little more polished than Darwin.  But we're not talking about chalk and cheese -- they are all in the same category of good but not great players. 

Now, Lautaro Martinez would be a different story.  Or someone like Osimhen, Leao, or Rodrygo.  These are players who would walk into the first 11. 
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,237 posts | 243 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6071: May 30, 2024 11:52:36 pm

Standards should always be high at LFC, yours included.

Watkins is very good and it's helped he's had the season of his life but you can also want to pass up on the signing for different reasons. You have to think value for money, you have to think for the future and longevity....neither of which I would class Watkins as being.

Quick Reply