Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho took over what would you do??

Read 8756 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho took over what would you do??
      Reply #115: Jan 13, 2008 11:32:13 pm
      When Mourinho left.  I had this feeling that one day he will be the manager of Liverpool.

In fact weren't we going to go for him before he decided to join Chelsea?

You can all say what you like about Mourinho, he's a winner.  In his first season he won the premiership, ok he spent big, but it takes a while for players to gel.  He also turned Lumplard, terry, cole into some of the best players in the world. 

We all criticise him for the money he spent, but he also managed to get Porto to the champions league final and win.

I'm afraid to say it but he's a winner.

He has the ego the side of Stanley Park, I can't stand that in a manager - I would feel embarrased to see him as our leader - he isn't Reds material - not by a country mile.

IRWT - only one JM at Anfield thank you... and his first name is Javier!!!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #116: Jan 13, 2008 11:48:01 pm
      When Mourinho left.  I had this feeling that one day he will be the manager of Liverpool.

In fact weren't we going to go for him before he decided to join Chelsea?

You can all say what you like about Mourinho, he's a winner.  In his first season he won the premiership, ok he spent big, but it takes a while for players to gel.  He also turned Lumplard, terry, cole into some of the best players in the world. 

We all criticise him for the money he spent, but he also managed to get Porto to the champions league final and win.

When Rafa left Valencia. I had this feeling all along that one day he will be the manager of Liverpool.

In fact weren't we going to go for him before he decided to join Liverpool?

You can all say what you like about Rafa, he's a winner. In his first season he won the Champions League, ok he didn't spend big, but it takes a while to get money for players.  He also turned a team around to  beat some of the best players in the world in that final 

We all sympathize with him for the money he hasn't got , but he also managed to get Liverpool to the champions league final twice

;)

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 05:02:52 pm by LondonRed »
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #117: Jan 14, 2008 12:08:26 am
      eddie C  I appreciate your comments, and I am sure you feel pretty clever.  However to question where my support lies does not address the topic, and being a forum monitor you should lead by example .  I have always felt that RAFA didn't Use his emotion properly.  what would shankly say to a rafa...better yet  what would he say to the squad?  I think we would not see so many inconsistant performances.  This is not a game of mathematics it is a game of heart and passion....great he says he is passionate, but so am I , and so are you....the question is   does that energy translate to the players.... He is a tactical genious (champions league)  but he is certainly not a blood sweat and tears (premiership) type of manager.... This is liverpool  blood sweat and tears.

Out of all the best managers in the world which are the ones that are 'blood ,sweat and tears?'

To my mind , the best managers are the ones that are relatively composed, calm under pressure and can inspire players through an expressive use of language...

for blood, guts and tears (of woe) perhaps you want Stuart Pearce at the Helm... or Kevin Keegan? and become perennial also rans?
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 12:58:08 pm by LondonRed »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #118: Jan 14, 2008 02:13:21 am
      Skysports news are at it again.

Just started talking about Moureens interest if Rafa was to get the sack.

Move onto F***ing Harry Redknapp will you!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #119: Jan 14, 2008 07:06:22 am
      Skysports news are at it again.

Just started talking about Moureens interest if Rafa was to get the sack.

Move onto F***ing Harry Redknapp will you!
      Just looked at Sky Sports and Mourinhos agent Parames has slammed the the press for taking advantage of Rafas current problems at Anfield.He said that it is unacceptable that unscrupulous press use Mourinhos name when they try to create or profit from current controversial situations in different teams.This bears out what most of us think about the GUTTER PRESS trying to destabalise our club.
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #120: Jan 14, 2008 04:09:00 pm

To my mind , the best managers are the ones that are relatively composed, calm under pressure and can inspire players through an expressive use of language...

Since when have we been one to follow?  "the best managers"  you mean the teams that beat us? no the teams that beat us and tie us when that shouldnt happen are full of players who are completely and utterly enthusiastic.  You have watched the last 5-10 games  , I have not seen a very steady level of enthusiasm, in fact its safe to say we have 9 players on the pitch lacking confidence.  (exclude stevie and nando) 

We should do things our own way,not go out and rush to find a tactically minded manager just because Wenger was owniung the league at the time.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #121: Jan 14, 2008 04:15:33 pm

You know you are describing Rafa there...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #122: Jan 14, 2008 06:39:06 pm
      If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho was incharge then I'd give my full support.. always support the man incharge.. unless he's doing a terrible job not up to the standards of the club and players
      Poolgiants
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 94 posts | -31 
      Reply #123: Jan 14, 2008 09:12:33 pm
      If Mourinho or whoever joins in the summer he should be given unconditional support in trying to win the Premiership for the club. All of this utter nonsense from some fans that they don't like him personally so don't want him at the club is farcical.

How many top class managers is there out there with a proven CV available for work is the only question should be asked if Benitez leaves. How he behaves as manager of Liverpool is when he should be judged; not how he behaved at any other club. And if Benitez is gone in June, as seems likely whether people like it or not, then any proper fan should only be concerned with getting the best available manager to Anfield and not letting Barcelona or Milan get him ahead of us. Or are we now a club content to lose as long as we like our manager? Because Roy Evans would take the job again if we simply want a guy in charge we all like.  That's isn't the primary focus of huge clubs who want to win and there aren't so many top class canditates out there to be so picky about personality. 

stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #124: Jan 14, 2008 09:13:34 pm
      I cant see Mourinho taking charge, but if he did he would get my 100% support.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #125: Jan 14, 2008 09:18:42 pm
      Mourinho was only being loyal to Chelsea at the time, and if he was he he'd behave exactly the same - loyal to us and fight everyone else!
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #126: Jan 15, 2008 12:40:35 am
      If Rafa was sacked and Mourinho in?? Well lets look at this rationally.
      Physically I cant do anything.....
      If thats what the club decides then theats what they decide. It would be a massive surprise as the core fans (heartbeat of anfield) would be ignored and the "prawn sandwich fans" would be jumping for joy at the prospect of a man who has proved that he is bitter and vindictive.... Also proved that he can buy expensive players but couldnt win the European Cup (With Chelsea... obviously he won with Porto)

However, many of the posts go on about slitting wrists and having tattoos removed etc.... Actually, I dont know what I would do. As much as I love Rafa I do get soooooo frustrated at his tactics and stubborness. I really really want to see our captain with that massive trophy held above his head (Hopefully at anfield after beating man u on the day to win the title). But would it really matter to me if Rafa wasnt the tactical mind behind it.... Im not so sure.

But I know one thing. As a Liverpool fan I have always for some bizarre reason cheered the underdog. I.e if Fa Cup tie was Cardiff V Tottenham... then cardiff all the way... Most liverpool fans are like this andgood old fashion values and morales..... Thats why benitez has my support, because it just aint right how hes being treated.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #127: Jan 15, 2008 11:07:56 am
      But I know one thing. As a Liverpool fan I have always for some bizarre reason cheered the underdog. I.e if Fa Cup tie was Cardiff V Tottenham... then cardiff all the way... Most liverpool fans are like this andgood old fashion values and morales..... Thats why benitez has my support, because it just aint right how hes being treated.

Top post fella... but it makes you wonder who is pulling the strings of the mis-treatment don't it... it often looks orchestrated from the outside.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #128: Jan 15, 2008 12:25:12 pm
      Oldbill1894.  You some up exactly how and I and I believe the majority of us feel.  We love Rafa, he's a great guy.  But at times he frustrates the life out of ya, with his tatics and formation and perhaps the lack of understanding of the premiership.  But we love him and we don't want to see him go.

So the question is do we stick by him, give him more time and hope the success comes or do we ditch him for another manager perhaps Mourinho, who has won the premiership albeit with a lot of money in his pocket and hope he can reproduce this at Liverpool?

I don't know...
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #129: Jan 15, 2008 12:40:48 pm
      Boot.... God knows what will happen with this club at the minute.  Betting odds are backing rafa to go in the summer... Every newspaper seemes to have its own "exclusive" on the next liverpool manager... but really there is nothing wrong with this one. I do like Rafa. He seems to be one of our own. I know that sounds odd being spanish but just little things. I.e I can remember when playing in europe he went to a pub packed with liverpool fans to watch a game. I cant remember the circumstances behind it but I can clearly remember seeing the pics in the papers the next day. Now can you see Mourinho sharing a pint down the nags head? Yes yes I know he threw medals in to the chelsea crowd (ironically are now on ebay) but he always seems to be on a pedistool. Above everyone else and making sure people know he is the Special one.

So my vote... Stick with him, get rid of Parry and let Rafa control the transfer negotiations.... Especially when Parry has openly admitted in the past that Liverpool failed to get their tansfer targets because he was unable to get to a fax machine or take the call??!! Come on. Personally I want Parry to go, The owners are welcome to follow suit and let the Saudi lot buy us. They are f-ing filthy rich and have a real passion for the premiership.
      I stayed at the Hilton Jumera Beach hotel in Dubai....

Asnd I kid you not... the sports bar was a shrine to liverpool. And I mean a shrine.... unbelievable...

So my vote stays with rafa...
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #130: Jan 15, 2008 01:00:46 pm
      All you people who said you would support Mourinho, I was just about to post a extremely virulent reply, but I thought better of it.
      After all, I wouldn't like my rating to be -10,000 on 70 posts. But I'll give you a little snipet "Judas" was mention about 5 times in as many lines!!! oh yeh and invertibrate was splipped in as well. What ever happen the the true scouse staunch attutude??????
      I'll stop now
      IRWT
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #131: Jan 15, 2008 01:07:25 pm

But I know one thing. As a Liverpool fan I have always for some bizarre reason cheered the underdog. I.e if Fa Cup tie was Cardiff V Tottenham... then cardiff all the way... Most liverpool fans are like this and good old fashion values and morales..... Thats why benitez has my support, because it just aint right how hes being treated.

Spoken like a man!! 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #132: Jan 15, 2008 01:07:42 pm
      I stayed at the Hilton Jumera Beach hotel in Dubai....

Asnd I kid you not... the sports bar was a shrine to liverpool. And I mean a shrine.... unbelievable...

So my vote stays with rafa...

I have been to that same bar at the Jumera Beach, pretty cool eh... UAE has a massive Liverpool following - have you been to the Premier bar below the twin Emirates towers - really impressive!... and expensive!

Anyone that thinks DIC don't know their football - are smoking their socks - they are nuts about the game.
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #133: Jan 15, 2008 01:29:16 pm
      Not been but will consider it... I was more preoccupied with the fact that people walked around at night with loads of jewelry and not be scared of being robbed... Well you take take the boy out of England and all that.... ;D.

No seriously, I was only there for a few days.... but i can remember wearing a Liverpool top.... Actually it was my white 1988/89 crownpaints away top... And I had some Arab offering me £200 for it.... Tempting but its been with me through thick and thin..... If they know that top,... they know a bit about Liverpool FC. Your right they are football mad..... particularly Liverpool mad....

Anyway.... RAFA to stay... before I get told off for going off subject.

Quick Reply