Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League

Read 26671 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Pre match: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League - Sunday May 2nd. KO 16:30
      Reply #299: May 02, 2021 06:01:00 pm
      The protest today was more about the Glazers than anything else not about United fans taking the moral high ground, so don't give me the bollocks of were all in it together, that doesn't wash
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #300: May 02, 2021 06:01:03 pm
      Spot on Brian. He's just a manc hater at all cost and doesn't matter as anything related to us he will always have a dig.

Go on then, you tell us WHY you postponed today's game and NOT your Semi Final?

Absolutely no way it is about more widespread attention. Absolute nonsense that excuse. Absolute hypocrite you are.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #301: May 02, 2021 06:01:09 pm
      It really wouldnt, be realistic

Brian your wasting your time mate. He's to thick to understand today has a much bigger impact than Thursday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #302: May 02, 2021 06:04:10 pm
      The protest today was more about the Glazers than anything else not about United fans taking the moral high ground, so don't give me the bollocks of were all in it together, that doesn't wash

You couldn't be more wrong. Yes of course it's about the Glazers just as it will be about FSG if you do same at Liverpool's next home match.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #303: May 02, 2021 06:06:12 pm
      Well done to the fans - a largely peaceful protest.  These tossers who milk the fans need to be taught a lesson.

How the hell they ever gained entry to Old Trafford remains to be seen, but well done!

I'd say well done to the Police too (and I'm not a great fan) - this could have turned nasty but they seem to have taken a back seat, containement approach.

Fans united, but should the EFL take action now against United and deduct points? 

You haven't seen enough coverage, far from peaceful.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #304: May 02, 2021 06:06:51 pm

Don’t exist in the modern football world

But you asked what I want

And it’s not Americans or the other

That’s what I want

I don’t like either, both cu*ts
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      Reply #305: May 02, 2021 06:07:14 pm
      Like some of out footballing owners F**k it let's null and void the season
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #306: May 02, 2021 06:07:28 pm

Liverpool win the league then City and the cu*ts wake up.Thats the best mob they've had in years, at an empty ground. They should stick to terroring Woodward's kids in his house.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #307: May 02, 2021 06:07:31 pm
      You couldn't be more wrong. Yes of course it's about the Glazers just as it will be about FSG if you do same at Liverpool's next home match.

We won’t be doing the same

If United needed to win the match to try and win the title the fans would have done nothing
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      Reply #308: May 02, 2021 06:09:55 pm

If it was about the ESL then the protest should have taken place in the next game, if we were protesting about our owners then we would have done it at the next game
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 1497 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #309: May 02, 2021 06:10:31 pm
      What happens for bets placed on postponed games?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #310: May 02, 2021 06:11:04 pm
      Fair play to them to be honest. I was protesting against hicks and Gillette years ago like thousands of other reds and if we had access to Anfield to make our voices louder we’d have taken that opportunity too.

As much as we hate them and vice versa, we all have one common interest, football. And their owners, our owners and many others don’t give a F**k about football. And it’s time to take a real stand.

For those wondering why they never protested for the roma game, it wouldn’t have created anywhere near as many headlines. It has nothing to do with them being in a semi final. Liverpool v United is, and always will be, the biggest club match certainly in this country, if not the world. We were the two ring leaders for superleague from this country too. Roma weren’t involved. So it makes perfect sense to protest in this game. Had this match been more important for united, in the chase for a title perhaps, they still would have done it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #311: May 02, 2021 06:13:12 pm

If United needed to win the match to try and win the title the fans would have done nothing

You got a crystal ball?? time will tell.

Totally hypothetical statement and doesn't warrant a debate.
      DanMann

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #312: May 02, 2021 06:13:30 pm

Hope they get a significant punishment for this hypocritical farce protest from their glory hunting fans.

No excuse or justification for this today.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #313: May 02, 2021 06:14:44 pm
      Keith, I don’t think you getting the point here..

The fact are, we turned up at your place today for a game of football.
      After the protesting and “pitch/ground invasion” the authorities couldn’t g’tee our players and staff safety, so the game was postponed.

For me, the FA should be stepping up and punishing Man U as a club for what has happened today.
      Because if they don’t, what’s to stop this going on all over the league? Not just the so called top 6.

What’s to stop Fulham fans doing it to delay their relegation battle?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #314: May 02, 2021 06:15:22 pm
      If it was about the ESL then the protest should have taken place in the next game, if we were protesting about our owners then we would have done it at the next game

Doesn't mean to say rival fans won't follow suit.
      DanMann

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #315: May 02, 2021 06:15:56 pm
      Fair play to them to be honest. I was protesting against hicks and Gillette years ago like thousands of other reds and if we had access to Anfield to make our voices louder we’d have taken that opportunity too.

As much as we hate them and vice versa, we all have one common interest, football. And their owners, our owners and many others don’t give a f**k about football. And it’s time to take a real stand.

For those wondering why they never protested for the roma game, it wouldn’t have created anywhere near as many headlines. It has nothing to do with them being in a semi final. Liverpool v United is, and always will be, the biggest club match certainly in this country, if not the world. We were the two ring leaders for superleague from this country too. Roma weren’t involved. So it makes perfect sense to protest in this game. Had this match been more important for united, in the chase for a title perhaps, they still would have done it.

Rubbish. A postponed match due to this aggresive protest and sabotage gets headlines everywhere, and even more so particularly in Europe if this was the Semi Final.

This is not principled. It is a pathetic protest when it suits them. They needed to focus on the Roma match plain and simple.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: POSTPONED: Man Utd v Liverpool - Premier League
      Reply #316: May 02, 2021 06:18:55 pm
      I just wonder how Keane Neville and the SKY cabal would react if this was at Anfield. Indeed add the Premier league to that list.
      UTD have spent something like ÂŁ400mil more than LFC in the last 10 years so are they protesting about the owners or lack of success?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #317: May 02, 2021 06:20:54 pm
      Keith, I don’t think you getting the point here..

The fact are, we turned up at your place today for a game of football.
      After the protesting and “pitch/ground invasion” the authorities couldn’t g’tee our players and staff safety, so the game was postponed.

For me, the FA should be stepping up and punishing Man U as a club for what has happened today.
      Because if they don’t, what’s to stop this going on all over the league? Not just the so called top 6.

What’s to stop Fulham fans doing it to delay their relegation battle?

Trust me I more than get the point. If the club get fined/docked points or whatever so be it. Main thing is this goes world wide because it's the biggest premier league football match in the world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #318: May 02, 2021 06:21:35 pm
      This is not principled. It is a pathetic protest when it suits them. They needed to focus on the Roma match plain and simple.

It was actually well planned and co-ordinated, fans not just outside the ground but outside the players hotel. Bollocks about the Roma match, this game is FAR bigger than any game against Roma.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #319: May 02, 2021 06:22:39 pm
      It was actually well planned and co-ordinated, fans not just outside the ground but outside the players hotel. Bollocks about the Roma match, this game is FAR bigger than any game against Roma.

Your talking to a brick wall mate. He's always had a hidden agenda.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #320: May 02, 2021 06:23:41 pm

UTD have spent something like ÂŁ400mil more than LFC in the last 10 years so are they protesting about the owners or lack of success?

That's actually a good one. I always felt Glazer put more money into the team than what we have. So why do they hate the Glazers over there? Maybe Keith can sum it up.
      DanMann

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #321: May 02, 2021 06:24:43 pm
      Your talking to a brick wall mate. He's always had a hidden agenda.

At least I'm a genuine fan. You're a wind up fake account.  :lmao:

Quick Reply