Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v MUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      68 (70.1%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1%)
      Nat Phillips
      3 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (4.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      19 (19.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: May 17, 2021 10:09:07 pm

Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24749 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,151 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Manchester United 2-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: May 14, 2021 07:39:56 am

You know what made me laugh, how often the commentary and people across social media mentioned the absence of Harry maguire. They can f**k off with that. We’ve been without our three centre backs for the whole season yet phillips bossed cavani for 90 minutes and felt that guilty he even scored an oggy. F***ing manc cu*ts.

But it's true. Bailly & Lindelof were F***ing awful and both found  wanting. Now not to compare Maguire with VVD but if he was in your team you wouldn't be needing to win the last 3 games to get a CL spot.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,311 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #852: May 14, 2021 07:40:11 am
      Wiith Manchester City and Chelsea poised to go head-to-head in this season's Champions League final later this month and Manchester United facing Villarreal in the Europa League final, and all three clubs poised to finish in the top-four, could it mean that clubs that finish outside of the top-four could gain entry into the Champions League for next season?

The answer to that question is no.

Should Chelsea win the Champions League and finish outside of the top-four they would gain entry to make up the five clubs involved.

City and United are already guaranteed top-four finishes, whilst Chelsea remain a pretty good bet to join them, despite being beaten 1-0 by Arsenal on Wednesday evening. The battle for fourth place looks as though it could go down to the wire, with Liverpool and West Ham United still hot on Chelsea and Leicester's heels, with both clubs having games in hand.

If an English club wins the Champions League or Europa League, and qualifies for one of next season's tournaments through their Premier League finish, it does not free up a European spot for another English club to capitalise on.

However, it could mean that instead of four Champions League clubs, two in the Europa League and one in the Europa Conference League, the number of clubs in each of those tournaments could change
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,311 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #853: May 14, 2021 07:40:38 am
      This clears up nothing for me

So if we pip Chelsea but they win the ucl then 5 teams qualify other then that its 4 teams only
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2021 08:05:38 am by Brian78 »
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Re: Live: Man Utd v Liverpool
      Reply #854: May 14, 2021 07:56:30 am

I was, the way we came back into it and took control was outstanding like the team we know we can be but did you think after the first 15 mins and the pen shouts (the 2nd would have deffo been given against us) we were going to win after the season we've had? I'm sure you did.. Congrats on being a super fan 👍
      I'm more than happy giving the lads a pass on this season, everything that could go wrong has this season starting with VVD and went on.
      If we can win the next 3 and salvage CL football from this horrible season if will be fantastic and I'll be the first to congratule JK and the lads.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #855: May 14, 2021 08:00:54 am
      I thought their keeper was pretty poor. DeGea normally plays a blinder  against us so it was refreshing to see a united keeper keep palming the back to us.

It was also actually a decent game. Very open. Far too many games against united recently have been boring cagey affairs.

Not sure why Mane is so annoyed. His form has been dire for months. Hopefully it will give him the kick up the bottom that he needs.

On to wba next. I never like playing a big sam team but our confidence should be high now.

I wonder if that hostile protest spurred us on. I remember Gerrard saying when he went to places like Galatasaray the atmosphere motivated them more.

Either way, great win. It gives us hope. 3 huge games left.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #856: May 14, 2021 08:10:24 am
      It's funny how Gary Neville was banging on about seeing how much Utd missed McGuire but a few weeks back Roy Keane said Liverpool missing VVD, Gomez and Matip was an excuse 🤔.. Ok
      Also was Fernandes off the floor at any point all night?
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #857: May 14, 2021 08:28:00 am
      I couldn't have given 2 fucks after waiting 21 yrs to lift ol' big ears!

Oh I could, always a pleasure to spread more bitter on their bitter  :)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #858: May 14, 2021 08:34:31 am
      No way indeed. Jürgen blew it when he didn't use a formation we've never played before. He's such an idiot. Hire Big Sam now.

They clearly do not care and cannot win.

I'm still shocked. The hair on the lower extremeties is singed this was so shocking.

Speaking of clueless.....

I hope you saved yourself the torture and switched off your TV. It was awful.

If you were predicting a comeback win, than you're right.

Grim's Fairy Tales, that is. (reading this match thread).

;D Robby - impressive effort  ;)
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,782 posts | 891 
      Reply #859: May 14, 2021 09:10:02 am

Robby's absence from LIVE match threads should be noted.

It's easy to come on after the match, criticise others for their realism, and pretend that you were always confident, calm, and not troubled even when your team was not playing well and losing to its biggest rivals..  :roll:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,597 posts | 7141 
      Reply #860: May 14, 2021 09:19:36 am
      Fat Sam next and boy do we owe him I want that fat smug grin wiped off his face. The boys looked to have that extra yard again last night.
      Great performance allround and an even better result.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,350 posts | 289 
      Reply #861: May 14, 2021 09:21:56 am
      But it's true. Bailly & Lindelof were f**king awful and both found  wanting. Now not to compare Maguire with VVD but if he was in your team you wouldn't be needing to win the last 3 games to get a CL spot.

Matip and Gomez would've been a different story.I think the point is we had our 4 first choice CBs missing which often gets brushed off as an excuse by a lot of pundits. If only it had been VVD out this year
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #862: May 14, 2021 09:23:44 am
      Henderson with some bizarre keeping on the Salah goal, didn't even realise at the time!

He's F***ing crap that lad.. Good for us like but God he's sh*te
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #863: May 14, 2021 09:24:56 am
      But it's true. Bailly & Lindelof were f**king awful and both found  wanting. Now not to compare Maguire with VVD but if he was in your team you wouldn't be needing to win the last 3 games to get a CL spot.

No, we'd have no chance

He's a cart horse. Couldn't lace the boots of a lot of the cbs you've had, if he's your best defender then the future isn't bright
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,151 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #864: May 14, 2021 09:25:32 am
      Matip and Gomez would've been a different story.I think the point is we had our 4 first choice CBs missing which often gets brushed off as an excuse by a lot of pundits. If only it had been VVD out this year

Don't rate Gomez anyway, he's injury prone and was playing sh*te before he got injured. Any team would miss VVD no matter how strong a squad is. Him alone in squad wouldn't have you fighting for CL place, you'd already of  qualified.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,151 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #865: May 14, 2021 09:29:13 am
      No, we'd have no chance

He's a cart horse. Couldn't lace the boots of a lot of the cbs you've had, if he's your best defender then the future isn't bright

I'm in total agreement you couldn't of put  it better.  I've been saying for over 12 months we need a top CB with pace. You don't win Premier leagues with CBs like ours. Don't mention FRED coz I'll lose the plot.   :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,428 posts | 2836 
      Reply #866: May 14, 2021 09:37:15 am
      They clearly do not care and cannot win.

How sad. I'll leave the super fan stuff to you anyway.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #867: May 14, 2021 09:40:52 am

Oh f**king boo hoo.

We’ve had our three centre backs out for the whole f**king season.

We were away from home against our biggest rivals and played Phillips and f**king williams and you had your second and third choice centre halves playing yet all the talk was about how united were missing maguire. Who gives a f**k.

Anyway. We slapped you.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,313 posts | 768 
      Reply #868: May 14, 2021 09:42:58 am
      Hope that we can carry on this form, after beating Man United last night. Winning our last three games against relatively mediocre opposition, would give us a fighting chance of finishing in the top four, in this crazy season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #869: May 14, 2021 10:08:20 am

Last night was a more realistic reflection of just how deluded most Manc fans are, including some pundits, all it took was Slabhead to be missing and voila,  it was there for all to see that Mancs really are in a false position, the panic and fear in and around their box was telling, so much so Bruno, Pogba, Bailly,  Lindelhof , Henderson all collectively shat themselves when we pressed the crap out of them, Mctominay should have seen Red, Cafanny should have seen Red, and how the F**k was that not a penalty when Bailly up ended Phillips,  blatant foul, anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick,
      That bald headed Manc c**t Taylor gave a penalty then f***in bottled it, why didn't he go to the pitchside monitor...because his f***in wee mate at Stockley said no pen, typical refs sucking Manc dik at OT, every time,

We were slow out of the blocks but once we got going we battered them,  even when they got one back we rallied and never looked like losing,

Much much better from us, looked more like our old selves and dare I say the return of the Gegenpress,  thought Trent was awesome,  Thiago was excellent, very good signs and a glimpse of what we will see next season.

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #870: May 14, 2021 10:11:32 am
      Much much better from us, looked more like our old selves and dare I say the return of the Gegenpress,  thought Trent was awesome,  Thiago was excellent, very good signs and a glimpse of what we will see next season.
                                         YNWA

Let’s have a good go at the title next season. I blame only Pickford and no one else.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,715 posts | 3722 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #871: May 14, 2021 10:14:22 am
      What a performance. We were on fire. Trent's success is so much underrated.

MOTM Trent for me.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #872: May 14, 2021 10:21:33 am
      The only down side for me last night was the bad refereeing ,McTominay lucky to stay on the pitch, hand ball against Thiago when he has his back to the player ,Fernandes dropping on the floor begging for free kicks ,the list goes on ! Why can't the officials be checked by a video ref and put straight ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,151 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #873: May 14, 2021 10:21:37 am
      Oh f**king boo hoo.

We’ve had our three centre backs out for the whole f**king season.

We were away from home against our biggest rivals and played Phillips and f**king williams and you had your second and third choice centre halves playing yet all the talk was about how united were missing maguire. Who gives a f**k.

Anyway. We slapped you.

Yeah you did slap us, overdue mind you as you were all saying before hand never win at OT.  :D listen I have no issue with it, meant more to you lot than us, no big deal under circumstances. Least it will shut you all up moaning about first game being called off.  ;D

We move on.  :)

Quick Reply