Trending Topics

Pre-season friendlies 2021

Read 34010 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: Pre-season friendlies 2021
      Reply #207: Aug 02, 2021 05:47:44 pm
      Anyone going these friendlies next Sunday or Monday? Swerving myself, will watch on the box.

Always like this during close season and international breaks!!

I'm going Sunday 🤣
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #208: Aug 02, 2021 08:41:26 pm
      FFS how can there be so much arguing in a topic about friendlies???  :mad:

I blame lockdowns. 🤔

Less than a week to seeing a serious sized crowd at Anfield. Should be a great atmosphere even if it is a friendly.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #209: Aug 02, 2021 10:23:39 pm
      FFS how can there be so much arguing in a topic about friendlies???  :mad: :mad:

I cannot wait for the season to start and for our mighty reds to put smiles on our faces, there's been way too much negativity on here lately.

It's the age old debate of whether performances and results in friendlies have any actual bearing on what we can expect in the season ahead. And of course, no one can actually prove that either is true!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #210: Aug 03, 2021 03:19:49 am
      It's the age old debate of whether performances and results in friendlies have any actual bearing on what we can expect in the season ahead. And of course, no one can actually prove that either is true!!

It's just nice to see the team in action again. This year I suppose the  most relevant part of the friendlies is that, when the season begins on August 14, Bobby, Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson likely won't be ready to play yet due to their Euro or Copa America involvement (not sure about Alisson). So which players start in their places? I'm thinking Jürgen will look pretty closely at the performances Thursday and Sunday to see who he wants for that first match vs. Norwich.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #211: Aug 03, 2021 08:58:05 am
      It's just nice to see the team in action again. This year I suppose the  most relevant part of the friendlies is that, when the season begins on August 14, Bobby, Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson likely won't be ready to play yet due to their Euro or Copa America involvement (not sure about Alisson). So which players start in their places? I'm thinking Jürgen will look pretty closely at the performances Thursday and Sunday to see who he wants for that first match vs. Norwich.

Can't see a problem with Ali but the others could be touch and go but none of them really figured prominently in the respective competitions think he will go with Fab
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #212: Aug 03, 2021 10:49:25 am
      Last year Bobby played utter sh*te and Salah still managed 22 goals and missed the boot by a single goal.

Bobby isn't as important as people make out. He's not this irreplaceable striker that Klopp relies on for his whole team to tick. He can and needs replacing.

Martinez and Jimanez would do a better job. Any other top 6 team replace him. Our owners won't. Will cost too much.

Have you actually looked at how many chances he misses? It's simply not good enough. Martinez would do the same job and Bobby and bury those chances. Imagine the kind of machine we would be with him spearheading the attack.

"Oh Inter will play hardball and want a high fee" yeah well pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Every other top team in Europe go and buy their man. They'll pay over the odds sometimes because they want their man. We seem to avoid replacing positions because the net spend won't allow it.

We're not a sell to buy club? The article Lallana In Pyjamas quoted literally said wait until next summer it's going to be a big one because teams will have more money and we can get a better fee for the likes of Mane.

How the f**k did this great club, the greatest of them all, become a sell to buy club?

It angers me so much to see how they handle the squad and transfers. I'm really trying to have patience with them but the longer this window goes on the closer I'm getting to wanting them gone. I'm getting an itchy bum

f***in hell fella your arse must be getting jealous of all that sh*te pouring through your lips, Bobby Firmino is a integral part of the system Jürgen wants us to play, we don't play with a striker as such but a three prong attack with Bobby as a pivot,  if you cannot understand that you are in no position to chuck the fella under the bus !!

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #213: Aug 03, 2021 12:17:52 pm
      Can't see a problem with Ali but the others could be touch and go but none of them really figured prominently in the respective competitions think he will go with Fab

Not so much about how much they played at the summer event but rather how late their break ended and when they resumed their training. Jürgen will want to establish a deep fitness base in every player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #214: Aug 03, 2021 12:37:01 pm
      Not so much about how much they played at the summer event but rather how late their break ended and when they resumed their training. Jürgen will want to establish a deep fitness base in every player.

These days they keep their training up even when on holidays.
      Not to the same level, but they still train.

Biggest concern for me is easing VVD and Gomez back in.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #215: Aug 03, 2021 02:12:24 pm

F**kin hell fella your arse must be getting jealous of all that sh*te pouring through your lips, Bobby Firmino is a integral part of the system Jürgen wants us to play, we don't play with a striker as such but a three prong attack with Bobby as a pivot,  if you cannot understand that you are in no position to chuck the fella under the bus !!

YNWA

Are you alright there fella? Are you struggling to read or is it just a case of ignoring words?

I'll take this one slow for ya, I can see you need a hand.

I have said in many posts, even in this thread, that Bobby is not the only one that plays his role in world football. Do you think Firmino is the only player that can do what he does? Silly bollox, of course not. Hence I named two players that can play his position better.

Ok let's go slower for ya, I am not asking for a system change I'm asking for a player replacement. Someone who can come in and do Bobbys job BETTER THAN HIM (not a different job to him).

Is that clear for you?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #216: Aug 03, 2021 02:31:15 pm
      Is Hendo back yet?

Seen that the England players are back for other clubs (or should be in the case of Kane!) but not heard much about Hendo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #217: Aug 03, 2021 02:51:47 pm
      Is Hendo back yet?

Seen that the England players are back for other clubs (or should be in the case of Kane!) but not heard much about Hendo.

Believe he's the last one...was given more time. Hopefully nothing to do with is contract situation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #218: Aug 03, 2021 03:04:16 pm
      Is Hendo back yet?

Was given an extra couple of days due to England getting to the final
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 580 posts | 115 
      Reply #219: Aug 03, 2021 03:28:23 pm
      Is Hendo back yet?

Back at the weekend but not going to the training camp. Straight to Kirkby.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #220: Aug 03, 2021 04:48:06 pm
      Believe he's the last one...was given more time. Hopefully nothing to do with is contract situation.

Was given an extra couple of days due to England getting to the final

Back at the weekend but not going to the training camp. Straight to Kirkby.

Cheers lads.

Looks like Norwich might be a bit early for him then.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      Reply #221: Aug 03, 2021 05:38:50 pm
      Are you alright there fella? Are you struggling to read or is it just a case of ignoring words?

I'll take this one slow for ya, I can see you need a hand.

I have said in many posts, even in this thread, that Bobby is not the only one that plays his role in world football. Do you think Firmino is the only player that can do what he does? Silly bollox, of course not. Hence I named two players that can play his position better.

Ok let's go slower for ya, I am not asking for a system change I'm asking for a player replacement. Someone who can come in and do Bobbys job BETTER THAN HIM (not a different job to him).

Is that clear for you?

Stop acting the c**t Fuckstick, you want Bobby replaced because of one iffy season where the whole system was under strength, of course there are player's that play a similar role, and are arguably better at it,
      Give the bloke a break one bad season doesn't warrant a replacement,  so get off your high horse you patronising pr**k and try and support all of our players not just those you believe should play here.

YNWA
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #222: Aug 04, 2021 02:42:33 am

Stop acting the C**t Fuckstick, you want Bobby replaced because of one iffy season where the whole system was under strength, of course there are player's that play a similar role, and are arguably better at it,
      Give the bloke a break one bad season doesn't warrant a replacement,  so get off your high horse you patronising pr**k and try and support all of our players not just those you believe should play here.

YNWA

One bad season? He's had two bad seasons. The season before was masked because we won the league. That's two seasons in a row. Last season was even worse. I supported him last season but I'm not prepared to back him, as our starter, this season.

I support Liverpool FC not any particular player. If there's a player that's had two bad seasons I don't have to support them. It doesn't make me a sh*t fan. I never said sell him I said replace him as our starting cf. There's players that will do it better. We need the best of the best. Have you seen what we're up against?

You can be a dickhead all you like throwing about your insults because people don't agree with you at the end of the day it won't make Bobby any better than he is now.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2021 05:37:06 am by Salah10 »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      Reply #223: Aug 04, 2021 06:53:35 am
      One bad season? He's had two bad seasons. The season before was masked because we won the league. That's two seasons in a row. Last season was even worse. I supported him last season but I'm not prepared to back him, as our starter, this season.

I support Liverpool FC not any particular player. If there's a player that's had two bad seasons I don't have to support them. It doesn't make me a sh*t fan. I never said sell him I said replace him as our starting cf. There's players that will do it better. We need the best of the best. Have you seen what we're up against?

You can be a dickhead all you like throwing about your insults because people don't agree with you at the end of the day it won't make Bobby any better than he is now.

If you support Liverpool you support every player associated with the club, that’s what supporting means, you say you won’t back him this season, some f***in fan you are, a true ‘supporter’ will back every player even those who won’t feature regularly as most of us did last season with Nat,Rhys & Kabak, none of them will see much if any playing time at all this time round particularly Nat & Rhys but if called upon, they will have our backing,

Your so full of sh*t you make Boris sound good, Bobby had a sh*t season when we won the title ? F**k me fella, you really don’t belong here do ye ? I don’t know but I’m guessing your one of those ‘Fifa’ play station geeks where everything is perfectly aligned and no player has bad spells or are burned out, you clearly have no clue, have you ever been to Anfield, have you ever watched us actually playing?

So, as a matter of interest, who would you replace him with, I’m sure we would all like to see who you come up with, f***in can’t wait for this !

Come on Confucius enlighten us with your unprecedented wisdom?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #224: Aug 04, 2021 07:06:23 am

If you support Liverpool you support every player associated with the club, that’s what supporting means, you say you won’t back him this season, some f***in fan you are, a true ‘supporter’ will back every player even those who won’t feature regularly as most of us did last season with Nat,Rhys & Kabak, none of them will see much if any playing time at all this time round particularly Nat & Rhys but if called upon, they will have our backing,

Your so full of sh*t you make Boris sound good, Bobby had a sh*t season when we won the title ? f**k me fella, you really don’t belong here do ye ? I don’t know but I’m guessing your one of those ‘Fifa’ play station geeks where everything is perfectly aligned and no player has bad spells or are burned out, you clearly have no clue, have you ever been to Anfield, have you ever watched us actually playing?

So, as a matter of interest, who would you replace him with, I’m sure we would all like to see who you come up with, f***in can’t wait for this !

Come on Confucius enlighten us with your unprecedented wisdom?

You don't read too well do ya?

Latauro Martinez
      Raul Jimanez

Especially Martinez.

Don't give me a lecture about how to be a fan you can save it for the pub.

If he plays of course I have to support him. I meant I won't support his case for being our starting 9.

Try have a conversation without insulting. It's how grown ups communicate.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      Reply #225: Aug 04, 2021 09:40:00 am
      Talking absolute pish...

Here's a wee clue for you numbnuts, Martinez 22, is a out and out striker currently playing in the inferior serie A league for Inter,

Jimenez 30, currently recovering from a potential career ending injury, perhaps mentally shot,

Both are out & out strikers and not what we are looking for, Jürgen does NOT play with a target man,

I know it's difficult for you to perhaps understand but we don't actually have a striker as such, we play with three attacking players two of which are more recognisable as wingers,  Mo & Mane, Bobby is more of a attacking midfielder playing as the false 9,

I repeat, just to help you absorb this rather important piece of information,  neither of the players you mention would NOT fit into the system Jürgen Klopp prefers to play,

So please try and engage your inadequate brain cell and consider some facts before you spout your inane drivel.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #226: Aug 04, 2021 11:42:13 am
      Am I the only one happy with the team?

We will challenge my fellow Reds.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #227: Aug 04, 2021 11:45:43 am

Perfectly happy with the team, but I think the squad could use a bit more depth.

Having said that, if Keita and AOC can stay fit, the squad is fine as well, but that's a big if.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,232 posts | 3483 
      Reply #228: Aug 04, 2021 11:51:35 am

I’m happy right now but got to keep tbe spine fit

If we do and get bonus games from Ox and Keita then we can challenge
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #229: Aug 04, 2021 12:18:39 pm

I'd say you're not alone mate.

I'm happy with the team and squad pretty much. Konate is huge signing, and one that I think the resident moaners have overlooked even though it's exactly what they're moanig about, but I would like two more in to cover the exit of Gini and to add to the back up front line with Origi likely to go.

I think we'll get them but if we don't I still see us challenging for the title and European Cup

Quick Reply