First Team Squad 21/22

Read 47704 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #276: Nov 03, 2021 10:17:48 pm

I wonder if you would like to revisit your opinion on Mane 🤔

You might be waiting a while for an answer, he’ll only be back next time we drop points.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #277: Nov 03, 2021 10:30:38 pm
      I think some people need to reflect on what Jürgen has brought us and not to question his  knowledge of his squad. In 20 years time we will reflect on just how good he was or hopefully he will still be here
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #278: Nov 04, 2021 09:49:24 am
      Squad not looking to bad now eh. ;D

Plenty chances to rest players and rotate in the next 2 champions league games.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #279: Nov 04, 2021 10:49:36 am
      Great chance for Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Minimino, Ox and Origi to get game time in the CL.

Nice to see Fabinho and Thiago back. Hopefully Firmino's injury isn't too bad.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #280: Nov 04, 2021 01:40:05 pm
      Great chance for Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Minimino, Ox and Origi to get game time in the CL.

Nice to see Fabinho and Thiago back. Hopefully Firmino's injury isn't too bad.

Even Thiago's mistake was a positive as it give him a wake up call to the pace of a proper game just in time for W.Ham.
      Hendo was once again superb
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #281: Nov 04, 2021 02:06:51 pm
      I just pray to whoever is above that our midfield 3 stay fit now, best starting midfield in the league easily if we can keep them fit.

Alisson
      Trent - Matip - Virgil - Robbo
                     Fabinho
                Hendo - Thiago
             Salah - Jota - Mane

Looks tasty for the weekend, hopefully Bobby's injury isn't too bad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #282: Nov 04, 2021 02:49:52 pm
      Still no answer here I see.

I've left this forum alone as everyone just attacks you when you talk sense.

I said it before a ball was kicked, if we don't replace Gini we don't win this league. I said Thiago, Fab, Milner and Naby will be injured and we'll have a midfield three of Hendo,Jones and Ox who will do f**k all. Well, embrace it now. You lot told me Naby and Ox were ready to step in for Gini. I gave you lot stats and you had all sorts of bullshit to attack me with. There's the midfield you wanted now enjoy.

Didn't replace Bobby and he misses the sitter at 2-0 which puts us out of sight.

I'll get off this forum again because you lot are a toxic bunch but keep backing FSG and you'll see there will be plenty more of these days to come.

Maybe your being ignored for a reason, did you ever stop to think that perhaps most folks on these boards can sniff out a wum when they see it, you only ever pipe up when things don’t go as planned, why is that ? Where were your posts from last week when we humiliated arguably our biggest rival 5-0 , but yet you wait until we drew with Brighton and voila, the neg heads crawl out from under their rocks,
      do us all a favour pal and stay the F**k away, we don’t want to read your constant negativity, we don’t want to read your slandering of our players, you very obviously do not like what is happening in and around our club, and the kind of football we are playing,

it’s clear to most of us on here that your full of sh*t, nobody wants your kind on here, and I don’t know but I’m guessing nobody f***in likes you , so why not join with that other no mark Brown 1 and stay the F**k away.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #283: Nov 04, 2021 04:00:08 pm
      Even Thiago's mistake was a positive as it give him a wake up call to the pace of a proper game just in time for W.Ham.
      Hendo was once again superb

Yes, that right side of Trent, Hendo, Salah is on fire lately.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #284: Nov 04, 2021 05:13:40 pm
      Yes, that right side of Trent, Hendo, Salah is on fire lately.

That side has been our strongest area so far this season, it's been so dangerous with the initial 3 of Trent, Mo and Elliott but Hendo has slotted in well when playing on that side.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #285: Nov 11, 2021 07:56:14 pm
      See Mane subbed in first half of Senegal game
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #286: Nov 13, 2021 02:22:37 pm
      See Mane subbed in first half of Senegal game

According to Senegal's coach, it was just precautionary.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #287: Nov 13, 2021 06:34:37 pm
      According to Senegal's coach, it was just precautionary.

Looks like he is being sent home which doesn't sound good although in all fairness they have already qualified
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #288: Nov 14, 2021 09:36:08 am
      I thought Ox was deserving of a start yesterday given he's looked strong as a sub the past couple of times and that Milner going 3x in a week was a risk. Could be wrong, but i believe this is not the first time that he's gotten hurt when playing 3x in a week over the past year or two.

Are you still going to be an offensive parrot on here before flying away and attacking those people with stating we needed another cm after the latest injury ?

A few of us said despite being attacked by children like you ferociously tapping those keys despite us calmly explaining it to you that we would have a cm crisis due to the injury record of our midfield players

We simply had to have replaced a cm first team starter we lose to really cover our main weakness and we simply didn’t.

With hendo now released injured, I’m sure you will find a way to twist it or simply run away like you normally do when called out on the rubbish you type
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2021 12:57:39 pm by KeepTheFaith »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #289: Nov 14, 2021 09:45:54 am
      Are you still going to be an offensive parrot on here before flying away and attacking those people with stating we needed another cm after the latest injury ?

A few of us said despite being attacked by children like you ferociously tapping those keys despite us calmly explaining it to you that we would have a cm crisis due to the injury record of our midfield players

We simply had to have replaced a cm first team starter we lose to really cover our main weakness and we simply didn’t.

With hendo now released inured, I’m sure you will find a way to twist it or simply run away like you normally do when called out on the rubbish you type

Just out of interest mate how would you have went about getting another CM into the squad in the summer?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #290: Nov 14, 2021 10:04:35 am
      Just out of interest mate how would you have went about getting another CM into the squad in the summer?

Would have got rid of Ox and Keita and bought two cm's who actually stay fit and could have offered us minutes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #291: Nov 14, 2021 10:23:42 am
      Would have got rid of Ox and Keita and bought two cm's who actually stay fit and could have offered us minutes.

And if we couldn't find shift those two?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #292: Nov 14, 2021 12:24:40 pm

Well according to everyone we weren't touting them about and they were the men for the job, including yourself if I remember correctly.

Someone would have had them should the price have been right. Instead Jürgen was trying the Ox as a false 9 and Keita as a starter.

The refusal to invest has stung us and will continue to do so until they either change their ways or sell up and leave us in the hands of capable owners.

We're forever pushing square pegs in round holes.

Milner LB, Hendo and Fab CB's, Keita left wing, Jota CF and the list goes on.

It was insane to think Keita and Ox could give us the same minutes and form as Gini.

Our spine is weak and weak spines don't win leagues.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #293: Nov 14, 2021 01:00:05 pm

You had to find a reliable one and loan out ox/Keita

We have the numbers but not the relatability or quality in the back up

Hendo was out half of the season
      Keita
      Ox
      Thiago would for 1/3

You simply cannot rely on that record sir

To improve you get better football players, Keita and ox can easily be upgraded in quality and that isn’t me being harsh. They are decent but we need something better

4 quality in the middle to use 3 as our main and then the rest to cover
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 224 
      Reply #294: Nov 14, 2021 01:04:37 pm

We could have loaned one out for sure and bring in a better cm who has a better injury record

Of course that player could also be injured but then we can say “you know we tried and were unlucky “

Let me ask you, is ox and Keita being in the shelf unlucky? Defo not, I would say it’s lucky if they are fit

Then our other cm had injury issues last year

But even then we need more quality as Keita, ox and Milner are not up to standard

Keep James as a back up and he is very adaptable and reliable when he plays, a solid 7/10

It’s clear in games we been exposed a bit in our cm quality and also injuries played a part

To me it was obvious we would struggle and it’s happening in that area 

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #295: Nov 14, 2021 01:09:26 pm
      Well according to everyone we weren't touting them about and they were the men for the job, including yourself if I remember correctly.

Someone would have had them should the price have been right. Instead Jürgen was trying the Ox as a false 9 and Keita as a starter.

This is kind of my point. It always seems to boil down to money but many seem to neglect to mention the manager is very trusting and faithful to his players as well.

Jürgen wanted to keep these two and had the belief they could fill any void along with Harvey.

Rightly or wrongly that is how we went and the talk of adding hey another CM is kind of moot when you consider we don't have the space in the squad and the manager chose not to get rid of anyone to make way.

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #296: Nov 14, 2021 02:09:47 pm
      This is kind of my point. It always seems to boil down to money but many seem to neglect to mention the manager is very trusting and faithful to his players as well.

Jürgen wanted to keep these two and had the belief they could fill any void along with Harvey.

Rightly or wrongly that is how we went and the talk of adding hey another CM is kind of moot when you consider we don't have the space in the squad and the manager chose not to get rid of anyone to make way.

Or Klopp was told you get one signing this year and he went with the obv CB choice
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #297: Nov 14, 2021 02:27:05 pm
      Or Klopp was told you get one signing this year and he went with the obv CB choice

I don't think so.

Everything about Jürgen over the years shows he likes smaller squads, trusts his guys and relies on coaching more than spending money.

Just seems many don't seem to want to admit that he along with FSG dictate our recruitment policy.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #298: Nov 14, 2021 03:38:46 pm
      Our spine is weak and weak spines don't win leagues.

How did we win the league the last time? We had a good spine then. Did we regress from then? How and where did we regress? If you say so you must have the answers.

Quick Reply