Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 46598 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #299: Nov 14, 2021 05:26:44 pm
      How did we win the league the last time? We had a good spine then. Did we regress from then? How and where did we regress? If you say so you must have the answers.

Bobbys form has gone backwards. Hendo is injured, we lost Gini and didn't replace and Virgil is yet to recover his title winning form.

That's where.

You're telling me about two seasons ago. You need to get in the now. Teams that dwell on two seasons ago win nothing.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #300: Nov 14, 2021 05:28:37 pm
      I don't think so.

Just seems many don't seem to want to admit that he along with FSG dictate our recruitment policy.

Like when he told FSG he needed a CB and they brought Kabak and Davies on the last day of the window?

When he wanted Werner and Sancho and got Jota a year later. That's really Klopp dictating transfers.

The boss is professional enough not to go public. He's not a moaner. We could have dominated English football for years but they chose not to strengthen.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #301: Nov 14, 2021 05:34:04 pm
      Like when he told FSG he needed a CB and they brought Kabak and Davies on the last day of the window?

When he wanted Werner and Sancho and got Jota a year later. That's really Klopp dictating transfers.

The boss is professional enough not to go public. He's not a moaner. We could have dominated English football for years but they chose not to strengthen.

I’m guessing you know the CB they wanted was Konate but he wasn’t available so they brought in two short terms covers

As for Werner - Jota was bought in the same summer that Werner was leaving Leipzig - and which player turned out to be the better signing

And the only people that stated Klopp “wanted Sancho” was the media

And no we couldn’t have “dominated” English football for years - you seem to ignore City will always be around to challenge

And they have strengthened.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #302: Nov 14, 2021 06:05:54 pm

I’m guessing you know the CB they wanted was Konate but he wasn’t available so they brought in two short terms covers

As for Werner - Jota was bought in the same summer that Werner was leaving Leipzig - and which player turned out to be the better signing

And the only people that stated Klopp “wanted Sancho” was the media

And no we couldn’t have “dominated” English football for years - you seem to ignore City will always be around to challenge

And they have strengthened.

I've ignored you for a couple months now but I'll reply once, just to make sure you earn your FSG pay cheque.

Who knows what Werner would have turned out to be with Klopps guidance. We saw Salah flop there only to become the best player in the world under Klopp.

In Jan, Klopp didn't say "we have a target but he's not available now so we've spotted two defenders that aren't good enough but will make do". Klopp said "I need a CB". If the target wasn't available you identify another target. It was a time of crisis and FSG decided they didn't want to invest.

I've previously provided the article stating what Klopp said about Sancho and he didn't come out ssying it was bullshit so that's enough for me.

You can dress it up however you like, we needed to replace Lovren and we didn't then a year later we needed to replace Gini and we didn't.

Anyway, you told me Naby and Ox were the replacements for Gini and were more than ready to not only fill his boots but push this team forward.

Well well well Mr FSG plant look where that got us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #303: Nov 14, 2021 06:16:12 pm
      I've ignored you for a couple months now but I'll reply once, just to make sure you earn your FSG pay cheque.

Who knows what Werner would have turned out to be with Klopps guidance. We saw Salah flop there only to become the best player in the world under Klopp.

We got Jota who has turned out to be a better player and a great signing - its beyond desperate to be crying about not buying Werner. And Salah didn’t “flop” at Chelsea - he hardly played

In Jan, Klopp didn't say "we have a target but he's not available now so we've spotted two defenders that aren't good enough but will make do". Klopp said "I need a CB". If the target wasn't available you identify another target. It was a time of crisis and FSG decided they didn't want to invest.

They brought in two Cb’s and then in the summer bought the target they wanted. They have shown a number of times they are happy to wait for who they want instead of going for a second choice - VVD being the perfect example

I've previously provided the article stating what Klopp said about Sancho and he didn't come out ssying it was bullshit so that's enough for me.

Klopp praising a player doesn’t mean that he wants the club to buy them - and how would you see Sancho replacing ? mane ?

Even If Klopp would like to buy him doesn’t mean it’s always going to be transfer to go for

Remember Klopp wanted Brandt and not Salah and look what happened

You can dress it up however you like, we needed to replace Lovren and we didn't then a year later we needed to replace Gini and we didn't.

The club ( Edwards etc ) decided to use the summer budget to bring in a Lb , Cm and a forward .

And this summer the club decided they had enough cover in midfield as been stated by Klopp and I’m sure you will be happy with what the manager says

Anyway, you told me Naby and Ox were the replacements for Gini and were more than ready to not only fill his boots but push this team forward.

Well well well Mr FSG plant look where that got us.

Where has it got us ? Well cruising in the CL qualifying with ease , lost one game so far in the league and well within challenging for trophies 🤷‍♂️
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2021 06:23:19 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #304: Nov 15, 2021 09:22:12 am
      Bobbys form has gone backwards. Hendo is injured, we lost Gini and didn't replace and Virgil is yet to recover his title winning form.

That's where.

You're telling me about two seasons ago. You need to get in the now. Teams that dwell on two seasons ago win nothing.

Yes. When we won the league, did we have a good spine? If yes, who were the good spines? Because you said good spines win leagues.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #305: Nov 15, 2021 10:17:36 am
      Yes. When we won the league, did we have a good spine? If yes, who were the good spines? Because you said good spines win leagues.

We had an amazing spine.

Ali, Virg, Fab, Bobby.

Like I said, this year that spine is not of two years ago.

Ali is still amazing.

Virg is struggling for form.

Fab is injured most of the time.

Bobby is out of form or injured.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #306: Nov 15, 2021 10:46:33 am
      Fab is injured most of the time.

He’s made 11 appearances, just 4 less than Salah. That’s not injured “most of the time” is it.

Bobby is out of form or injured.

Injured currently yes. But when we won the league he had 12 goals in 52 games that season, he’s currently on half that amount in 11 games. Hardly playing crap is he.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #307: Nov 15, 2021 11:05:05 am
      He’s made 11 appearances, just 4 less than Salah. That’s not injured “most of the time” is it.

Injured currently yes. But when we won the league he had 12 goals in 52 games that season, he’s currently on half that amount in 11 games. Hardly playing crap is he.

Last year Fabinho missed a few months through injury. This year he's picked up two so far (I may be wrong)?

Bobby was contributing to many other factors when we won the league. His closing down and interplay was amazing so it compensated for his lack of goals. Over the last year he hasn't been the same man.

I won't debate this over and over. I've learned not to after I tried convincing people that Naby and Ox were not going to stay fit and in form to replace Gini.

We'll all have our say when the season ends. I'd love to be wrong and you can all say whatever you like to me whilst we prepare for our trophy parade. If I end up being right then it's a shame for us all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #308: Nov 15, 2021 11:27:14 am
      Last year Fabinho missed a few months through injury. This year he's picked up two so far (I may be wrong)?

No, he missed a total of just over 7 weeks, split over 3 different injuries (11 games in all comps).

His worse injury was one that kept him out for that length of time the year we won the league, except he missed an extra 2 games with that one. So I know you’re trying to push this narrative that Fab is injury prone but it’s not really working.

Bobby was contributing to many other factors when we won the league. His closing down and interplay was amazing so it compensated for his lack of goals. Over the last year he hasn't been the same man.

So back then he wasn’t scoring enough where some people were concerned, now when he’s scoring more that isn’t right either. His number of goals last season in all comps was 3 less than our title winning year, in 4 less games. But in the league alone, he had the same number of goals but again in less games.

Like the injury thing you are trying to push with Fab, Bobby’s goal return since winning the league has actually increased which is remarkable given you think he has declined so much.

I won't debate this over and over. I've learned not to after I tried convincing people that Naby and Ox were not going to stay fit and in form to replace Gini.

Well clearly you will debate this part over and over and you clearly want to because you’ve felt the need to say it yet again despite my post having nothing related to Gini, Ox or Keita in the slightest. So for someone refusing to go debate it, I’m not sure why you’ve felt the need to even mention it.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #309: Nov 15, 2021 11:36:37 am
      No, he missed a total of just over 7 weeks, split over 3 different injuries (11 games in all comps).

His worse injury was one that kept him out for that length of time the year we won the league, except he missed an extra 2 games with that one. So I know you’re trying to push this narrative that Fab is injury prone but it’s not really working.

So back then he wasn’t scoring enough where some people were concerned, now when he’s scoring more that isn’t right either. His number of goals last season in all comps was 3 less than our title winning year, in 4 less games. But in the league alone, he had the same number of goals but again in less games.

Like the injury thing you are trying to push with Fab, Bobby’s goal return since winning the league has actually increased which is remarkable given you think he has declined so much.

Well clearly you will debate this part over and over and you clearly want to because you’ve felt the need to say it yet again despite my post having nothing related to Gini, Ox or Keita in the slightest. So for someone refusing to go debate it, I’m not sure why you’ve felt the need to even mention it.

So Bobby hasn't declined, Fab doesn't get injured a lot and our team are currently as good, if not better once you add Jota and Thiago to the mix, than when we won the league.

Great 👍🏽
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #310: Nov 15, 2021 11:50:51 am
      So Bobby hasn't declined, Fab doesn't get injured a lot and our team are currently as good, if not better once you add Jota and Thiago to the mix, than when we won the league.

Great 👍🏽

Well technically it probably is slightly better this season, especially when factoring in the injuries to the team so far.

Domestic - 19/20 we won 10 of our first 11 games. Drawing 1.
      Scored 25
      Conceding 9

This year we’ve won 6 of our 11, drawing 4.
      Scored 31
      Conceding 11

Currently further in the Carabao cup this season and having a better CL group stage.

So whilst we are slightly worse off in the league we have only conceded 2 more goals whilst scoring an extra 6. We are doing better in the Cup and having a better CL group stage. So on the face of it, that’s pretty good going. If we were closer to 10 points behind 1st then you’d probably be justified in your complaints but we aren’t so your probably overreacting on the back of a couple of bad results.

So maybe put some context to your post before bitching and moaning and then getting sarcastic - which by the way is a clear indication you’ve got no valid comeback after having points picked up on.

It’s funny you moan about the midfield and Bobby declining so much but the area that has probably cost us more than anywhere else is the defence and what is an incredibly high line, which teams have finally figured out how to really expose.

If we hadn’t of had a couple of poor results against Brighton and then West Ham, I doubt you’d be bitching like you are. Unless you are one of those people that think we should get 97+ points every single season, which by the way simply doesn’t happen and seasons like 18/19 and 19/20 don’t happen often, we’ll be lucky if we see anything like that again anytime soon. Doesn’t mean the team is getting worse, it’s because the other teams are getting stronger and stronger and because it’s generally unrealistic to expect seasons like that, not from just us, but from everyone.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2021 12:00:41 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #311: Nov 15, 2021 12:14:42 pm
      Well technically it probably is slightly better this season, especially when factoring in the injuries to the team so far.

Domestic - 19/20 we won 10 of our first 11 games. Drawing 1.
      Scored 25
      Conceding 9

This year we’ve won 6 of our 11, drawing 4.
      Scored 31
      Conceding 11

Currently further in the Carabao cup this season and having a better CL group stage.

So whilst we are slightly worse off in the league we have only conceded 2 more goals whilst scoring an extra 6. We are doing better in the Cup and having a better CL group stage. So on the face of it, that’s pretty good going. If we were closer to 10 points behind 1st then you’d probably be justified in your complaints but we aren’t so your probably overreacting on the back of a couple of bad results.

So maybe put some context to your post before bitching and moaning and then getting sarcastic - which by the way is a clear indication you’ve got no valid comeback after having points picked up on.

It’s funny you moan about the midfield and Bobby declining so much but the area that has probably cost us more than anywhere else is the defence and what is an incredibly high line, which teams have finally figured out how to really expose.

If we hadn’t of had a couple of poor results against Brighton and then West Ham, I doubt you’d be bitching like you are. Unless you are one of those people that think we should get 97+ points every single season, which by the way simply doesn’t happen and seasons like 18/19 and 19/20 don’t happen often, we’ll be lucky if we see anything like that again anytime soon. Doesn’t mean the team is getting worse, it’s because the other teams are getting stronger and stronger and because it’s generally unrealistic to expect seasons like that, not from just us, but from everyone.

The high line was fine when we had an able bodied midfield.

Fab, Hendo and Gini were tracking their runners and Virg was basically a one man machine.

Fab (out), Hendo by himself and Gini gone. Take in to account Virg hasn't rediscovered his best in the world form and we have a sh*t show. We're leaking goals all over the place.

For me, it starts and ends with our midfield. We're currently looking at Fab (returning), Thiago (guaranteed to get injured again), Ox (not good enough because of injuries which is sad) and Jones (not up to it yet).

Gini was a banker for games and they decided he didn't need replacing. This is where it was won and lost for me. He provided so much cover for Robbo.

Our defence has an out of form Virg, an untried Konate, an on and off Matip and Gomez who's completely gone off the boil and can't get a game (poor lad I think injuries have taken their toll).

Bobby has been missing in most games. Give me all the stats you want, I know what I see.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #312: Nov 15, 2021 12:26:52 pm
      The high line was fine when we had an able bodied midfield.

Fab, Hendo and Gini were tracking their runners and Virg was basically a one man machine.

Fab (out), Hendo by himself and Gini gone. Take in to account Virg hasn't rediscovered his best in the world form and we have a sh*t show. We're leaking goals all over the place.

For me, it starts and ends with our midfield. We're currently looking at Fab (returning), Thiago (guaranteed to get injured again), Ox (not good enough because of injuries which is sad) and Jones (not up to it yet).

Gini was a banker for games and they decided he didn't need replacing. This is where it was won and lost for me. He provided so much cover for Robbo.

Our defence has an out of form Virg, an untried Konate, an on and off Matip and Gomez who's completely gone off the boil and can't get a game (poor lad I think injuries have taken their toll).

Bobby has been missing in most games. Give me all the stats you want, I know what I see.

Bobby has 6 goals in 11 games and you say he has been missing in most of them 🤦‍♂️

Then again you were the same person who stated that Mane was finished before the season starts
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #313: Nov 15, 2021 12:46:57 pm
      We had an amazing spine.

Ali, Virg, Fab, Bobby.

Like I said, this year that spine is not of two years ago.

I see... So Mo wasn't part of that spine. This year, Mo whom you left out is Balon d'Or contender.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #314: Nov 15, 2021 01:03:05 pm
      I see... So Mo wasn't part of that spine. This year, Mo whom you left out is Balon d'Or contender.

I said spine.

Salah plays right wing.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #315: Nov 15, 2021 01:04:43 pm

Then again you were the same person who stated that Mane was finished before the season starts

And I still think he is.

Misses too many chances and isn't contributing enough in games.

With that said, I'll speak to you particularly at the end of the season. You've got to get back to the FSG thread or you won't get paid this month.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #316: Nov 15, 2021 01:11:23 pm
      I said spine.

Salah plays right wing.

I see... What's a league winning spine for this season? Because you said good spine win leagues. Which good spine will win this season's league. You seem to have all the answers.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #317: Nov 15, 2021 01:17:24 pm
      I said spine.

Salah plays right wing.

:lmao:

So you believe the spine means the middle😂

The spine of a squad is the most important players in the squad out spine is

Alisson
      VVD
      TAA
      Fabinho
      Salah
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3445 
      Reply #318: Nov 15, 2021 01:18:43 pm
      And I still think he is.

Misses too many chances and isn't contributing enough in games.

With that said, I'll speak to you particularly at the end of the season. You've got to get back to the FSG thread or you won't get paid this month.

Have you even bothered to watch any games this season ?

Mane has started the season rejuvenated- 8 goals in 15 games - he has been bright , energetic, creative and clinical

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #319: Nov 15, 2021 01:41:14 pm
      :lmao:

So you believe the spine means the middle😂

You must conquer the middle to win the league. Good spine win the league, as I've learnt today.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #320: Nov 15, 2021 01:58:34 pm
      You must conquer the middle to win the league. Good spine win the league, as I've learnt today.

and the most important player changes based on who did not get replaced.

Last year when we struggled it was because due to injuries Fabinho had to play CB and he made everything tick and was our most important player. This season he's no longer the most important player and that title has switched to Gini and his absence is the reason we have dropped points.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #321: Nov 15, 2021 02:27:22 pm
      and the most important player changes based on who did not get replaced.

This 100%. Prior to last season you'd think Lovren was our most important player the way people go on about not replacing him...most people didn't even want him anywhere near the pitch and just moaned whenever he got selected anyway! We didn't struggle last season because we didn't replace Lovren, replacing Lovren probably wouldn't have made much difference at all if all the injuries still happened, it was the sheer number of injuries that crippled us last season, it wasn't not getting a replacement for Lovren.

This season he's no longer the most important player and that title has switched to Gini and his absence is the reason we have dropped points.

Funny thing is, up until Elliott got injured in game 4, a lot of people were saying it didn't look like we even needed to replace Gini because of how well Elliott slotted into the midfield. Then the injury happened and there were a few whispers starting about not replacing Gini but it wasn't really until the 3-3 draw with Brentford that the Gini drum really started beating, but funnily enough, it went silent again when we stuck 10 past Watford and the Mancs in back to back games. But obviously with a couple of games with dropped points since then, that narrative is back.

Gini was a great player for us but I still maintain that last season, when we really needed him to step up, he was nowhere to be seen. People can say how we lost Gini in the summer, but his head was elsehwere for nearly all of last season.

Gini being in the team now wouldn't have made much difference, if any. It's not down to individual personel why our midfield has been off the pace, it's because of the number of injuries to the position, just like the defence last season. Because people can bang on saying we miss Gini, we missed Virgil last season etc etc and yes, they will obviously be a miss to an extent but you need to remember they were playing when we got thumped 7-2 by Villa and didn't make the slightest bit of difference in that game. When a team has a significant number of injuries to one position, it doesn't matter who you stick in there, it's going to be difficult.

Elliott, Jones, Milner, Hendo, Thiago, Ox, Keita and Fab have all been injured lately/returning from injury. Anyone thinking that suddenly sticking Gini in there is just looking for excuses. Because remember, to a lot of people Thiago was the Gini replacement a year early, Elliott looked like being the replacement before the injury. People just need to get over Gini Wijnaldum for christ sake. Given we have only just lost our first game of the season, only 4 points off top, scoring more goals, conceding about the same number of goals, I'd say we are managing just fine without Wijnaldum and in all honesty, I don't really know what he'd bring to the team right now that we don't already have except for being an ever present; he wasn't a goal scorer for us, he didn't assist and he wasn't particuarly brilliant defensively, he just worked hard and helped things tick over. But I think some people just expect us to stockpile players and have about 10 for every position.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2021 02:38:22 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply