Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

First Team Squad 21/22

Read 47442 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Re: First Team Squad 21/22
      Reply #529: Jan 29, 2022 02:34:38 pm
      Why are so many here write off Mané? I didn‘t read anything he was not happy here - to the contrary. Diaz can also play more in the middle as an offensive midfielder. Is this common talk also in the media and I did not hear the gun shot?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #530: Jan 29, 2022 02:35:43 pm
      Saw this and thought it was good

Liverpool will have essentially replaced Wijnaldum, Lovren, Lallana and Shaqiri with Thiago, Konaté, Jota and Diaz. It's solid work.

If Thiago doesn’t start playing some games, gonna be hard to call him a replacement for anyone especially considering the man you are saying he is replacing never missed a kick.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #531: Jan 29, 2022 02:54:15 pm

Liverpool will have essentially replaced Wijnaldum, Lovren, Lallana and Shaqiri with Thiago, Konaté, Jota and Diaz. It's solid work.

Yes but not you're purposely not taking in to account the decline of our starting eleven. Hendo, and Bobby need replacing at minimum.

If you say Jota replaced Bobby that's cool so when's the Lallana replacement coming?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #532: Jan 29, 2022 02:56:07 pm
      Yes but not you're purposely not taking in to account the decline of our starting eleven. Hendo, and Bobby need replacing at minimum.

If you say Jota replaced Bobby that's cool so when's the Lallana replacement coming?

When did Bobby leave the club 🤷‍♂️

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #533: Jan 29, 2022 02:58:04 pm
      When did Bobby leave the club 🤷‍♂️

Replacing in the starting 11, unless Lallana was a cf?

Come on jwh jnr you know what I'm saying.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #534: Jan 29, 2022 02:59:47 pm

Elliott & Jones the Lallana replacements.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #535: Jan 29, 2022 03:00:24 pm
      Replacing in the starting 11, unless Lallana was a cf?

Come on jwh jnr you know what I'm saying.

Lallana played in the front three - he left the club  , Jota came into the club -
      Simples 🤷‍♂️

You can also add players like Jones who stepped up into the midfield role
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #536: Jan 29, 2022 03:12:33 pm
      Lallana played in the front three - he left the club  , Jota came into the club -
      Simples 🤷‍♂️

You can also add players like Jones who stepped up into the midfield role

Yeah you're right. Jones and Elliot. More so Jones. Kinda plays like him too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #537: Jan 29, 2022 03:15:45 pm
      Why are so many here write off Mané? I didn‘t read anything he was not happy here - to the contrary. Diaz can also play more in the middle as an offensive midfielder. Is this common talk also in the media and I did not hear the gun shot?

People are just giving an opinion about how they perceive the players setting up and if some may leave
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1682 
      • YNWA
      Reply #538: Jan 29, 2022 03:16:48 pm

There's no doubt when we do spend a bit of money, we have a good record of not over spending, and spending what's available very well.
      And that's EXACTLY why we have been arguing in the FSG thread that we should do it a bit more often.
      Diaz on the face of it looks like a top player and we're getting him for a reasonable fee and salary.

You and your buds in the FSG thread have telling us all for ages about why we didn't need to, and wouldn't, sign anyone in Jan.
      Any chance guys go back there now and tell us all we won't sign anyone "else" this Jan?
      Might just improve our chances of getting another deal over the line... :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1682 
      • YNWA
      Reply #539: Jan 29, 2022 03:18:43 pm
      If Thiago doesn’t start playing some games, gonna be hard to call him a replacement for anyone especially considering the man you are saying he is replacing never missed a kick.

Been really unfortunate this season. Would probably give him the benefit of the doubt though and see if he can get things back on track next season.
      This seasons not over yet either...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #540: Jan 29, 2022 03:28:11 pm
      There's no doubt when we do spend a bit of money, we have a good record of not over spending, and spending what's available very well.
      And that's EXACTLY why we have been arguing in the FSG thread that we should do it a bit more often.
      Diaz on the face of it looks like a top player and we're getting him for a reasonable fee and salary.

You and your buds in the FSG thread have telling us all for ages about why we didn't need to, and wouldn't, sign anyone in Jan.
      Any chance guys go back there now and tell us all we won't sign anyone "else" this Jan?
      Might just improve our chances of getting another deal over the line... :)

Think you need to read what people have been saying instead of adding 4 and 4 and coming up with 9

People like me have been happy to trust the club and process to know what they are doing , - spend when they think it’s right and on the right player that they want.

I’m more than happy with their transfer process - it appears to me that others constantly suggest they are wrong in their approach and how they do things isn’t enough to beat City

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #541: Jan 29, 2022 03:44:23 pm

2 + 2 = 5

Mane's going nowhere.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #542: Jan 29, 2022 10:25:48 pm
      I actually thought Mane was on the wane last season but his form this year has been excellent. I don’t th8nk he’s going anywhere myself, it’s just great to see a player like Diaz come in and compete for places. City do it all the time, no reason why we shouldn’t either. Just need to get Mo signed and this squad is looking in terrific shape, particularly with young Elliott due back in the squad in a week or two. We actually look well stocked in all positions!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #543: Jan 30, 2022 01:37:23 am

Thiago doesn't play enough games a season to replace what Gini provided.
      That Elliott, Jones and Morton seem to have done that is more impressive.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #544: Jan 30, 2022 06:36:00 am
      I actually thought Mane was on the wane last season but his form this year has been excellent. I don’t th8nk he’s going anywhere myself, it’s just great to see a player like Diaz come in and compete for places. City do it all the time, no reason why we shouldn’t either. Just need to get Mo signed and this squad is looking in terrific shape, particularly with young Elliott due back in the squad in a week or two. We actually look well stocked in all positions!

I agree. If Diaz is what he promises we can even challenge City about the PL title, I mean we are not 15 points behind.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #545: Jan 30, 2022 08:45:29 am
      If we’ve come this far, we will still need quality backups for Diaz. Whatever you do is never enough. ;D
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #546: Jan 30, 2022 01:17:40 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I certainly hope he sticks around. But knowing FSG, something in the front three will have to give. You'd have to say the least disruptive outgoing in terms of goalscoring would be to move Bobby on, but boy I'd miss him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #547: Jan 30, 2022 01:23:27 pm
      Maybe, maybe not. I certainly hope he sticks around. But knowing FSG, something in the front three will have to give. You'd have to say the least disruptive outgoing in terms of goalscoring would be to move Bobby on, but boy I'd miss him.

Right now we're actively trying to sell Origi and Taki. Which would make Bobby and the new lad the attacking options from the bench. Eventually it'll be Bobby who'll be the odd one out.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #548: Jan 30, 2022 04:38:42 pm
      The moves for Diaz (25) and Carvalho (19) make a tonne of sense from the perspective of squad building and age profiles.

Next outgoings figure to be Milner, Ox (and/or Keita), Minamino, and Origi, along with Neco if he chooses to leave. Carvalho likely slots into midfield eventually, just like Elliott.

I'd anticipate that any transfer action in the summer will center around a midfielder.

------------------------ Alisson (29) --------------------------------------
      ------------------------ Kelleher (23) -------------------------------------
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trent (23) ---- Matip (30) -- Van Dijk (30) --- Robertson (27)
      Neco (20) --- Gomez (24) -- Konate (22) ------ Tsimikas (25)
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ------------------------ Fabinho (28) ------------------------------------
      -------------------------- Milner (36) ------------------------------------
      ------------------------- Morton (19) ------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ------------ Henderson (31) ------ Thiago (30) ---------------------
      ----------------- Elliott (18) ----------- Keita (26) ----------------------
      ------------------- Ox (28) ------------- Jones (21) --------------------
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Salah (29) -------------- Firmino (30) ---------------- Mane (29)
      Gordon (17) --------------- Jota (25) ------------------- Diaz (25)
      Minamino (27) --------- Origi (26) ------------ Carvalho (19)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #549: Jan 30, 2022 11:52:18 pm
      We’ve gone from Balotelli, Lambert and Borini to this…

https://twitter.com/livecholfc/status/1487040593641582600?s=21
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,090 posts | 2121 
      Reply #550: Jan 31, 2022 12:19:02 am

God, I wish Liverpool twitter wouldn't get involved in hackneyed, posturing, moronic twitter cliches like that.

What next? Posting Salah's shadow as a 'GOAT'? Or ';D - Klopp is such a mood!'. Posting Captain Obvious statements like 'Salah has x goals in x games this season - the guy deserves respect'. Or what about Klopp's face superimposed on some forgotten third rate rapper posing in front of the camera with the caption 'Who MADE this?!!" followed by a stupid infantile crying/laughing emoji. It really gets in the way of proper football news/source/discussion on that site.

F**k them.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2022 12:24:04 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #551: Jan 31, 2022 12:31:11 am
      God, I wish Liverpool twitter wouldn't get involved in hackneyed, posturing, moronic twitter cliches like that.

What next? Posting Salah's shadow as a 'GOAT'? Or ';D - Klopp is such a mood!'. Posting Captain Obvious statements like 'Salah has x goals in x games this season - the guy deserves respect'. Or what about Klopp's face superimposed on some forgotten third rate rapper posing in front of the camera with the caption 'Who MADE this?!!" followed by a stupid infantile crying/laughing emoji. It really gets in the way of proper football news/source/discussion on that site.

F**k them.

I was just using it for the picture mate to avoid typing their names out, I wasn’t paying attention to anything else like captions…

Quick Reply