Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Liverpool v Porto - Match Discussion

Read 23289 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Liverpool v Porto - Match Discussion
      Reply #138: Nov 28, 2007 10:28:09 pm
      Funny enough, when Porto equalised, Andy Gray said 'if it stays like this then Liverpool go out!' He was F***ing dying to get that comment in, the stuck up bluenose c**t!

He was winding me up all night long... he simply dislikes Rafa - a lot.

Don't forget Rick Parry and Andy Gray and Richard Keys - go back a long, long way... they formulated (together) the early TV image of the Premiership through Sky when Rick Parry was the founder CEO of the Premiership (remember?)... makes you think don't it?[/

Some things make a lot of sense now...

Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #139: Nov 28, 2007 10:29:54 pm
      those two bites would have been goals if the ball was squared
      oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #140: Nov 28, 2007 10:35:04 pm
      Well done lads... Torres you are my f*cking hero.
      Marseille next then!!!!
      PS For all the boll*cks that Quaresma was talking before the game "TONIGHT LIVERPOOL FANS WILL BE WEEPING IN THE STANDS" ETC ETC. To be honest I was in tears..... Tears of laughter every time the cockey little git got tackled and stranded.
      Come on REDMEN!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #141: Nov 28, 2007 10:36:26 pm
      PS For all the boll*cks that Quaresma was talking before the game "TONIGHT LIVERPOOL FANS WILL BE WEEPING IN THE STANDS" ETC ETC. To be honest I was in tears..... Tears of laughter every time the cockey little git got tackled and stranded.

Loved it when Mascherano went through the little shitbag and took him out! See him moaning on the floor the daft little tw*t! ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #142: Nov 28, 2007 10:37:51 pm
      Rafa put in an offer that KAZ geezer... looks a genuine player.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #143: Nov 28, 2007 10:39:28 pm
      Well 4-1 looks good but it was a dire 78 minutes.....

The game was begging for Yossi and Babel to STOP drifting inside and try and take their man on on the outside and create some space for a cross.....too many times they came inside, congested the box and we were left with daft flicks and dummies to create some room for a shot....so F***ing infuriating.

Finnan and Arbeloa supported well but we got lucky because Porto countered at speed.

Felt Masch didn't get enough support from Stevie so maybe it looked like he didn't have a great game but he was everywhere trying to clean up or break down.

Wish Carra and co would stop hoofing the ball forward at any hint of pressure and Sami's passing was poor.

Torres needed those goals today after being so unlucky against Newcastle.....showed grest strength and composure for the second.

Voronin worked hard again but want him to pull the defenders around and create space rather than go looking so deep.

Crouchie looked confident and Kewell looked hungry....

All in all not great but 3 points was paramount and it can only get better...
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #144: Nov 28, 2007 10:40:00 pm
      haha quaresma??? more like quasimodo

now you see why we dont want him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #145: Nov 28, 2007 10:40:14 pm
      Rafa put in an offer that KAZ geezer... looks a genuine player.

I wasn't that impressed with him to be honest Don mate.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #146: Nov 28, 2007 10:41:56 pm
      haha quaresma??? more like quasimodo

now you see why we dont want him

He's too inconsistent! He has the odd good game and people rave over him! I wanted him at first but I've realised he's only good every now and then!

I wasn't that impressed with him to be honest Don mate.

He didn't look that good to be honest, plus his first name is too much of an effort! :-\ :P
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #147: Nov 28, 2007 10:42:44 pm
      Come on lester, we weren't that bad mate. Get some vodka & fanta down your throat & you'll see sense :D

We had a bad 15 minutes or so, but apart from that we dominated.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #148: Nov 28, 2007 10:44:50 pm
      Get some vodka & fanta down your throat & you'll see sense :D

Recurring theme tonight Eddie, what have you been drinking? :P

Agreed though, we dominated the majority of the game! And the notion of Mascherano playing badly has tickled me, he was brilliant! :)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #149: Nov 28, 2007 10:46:38 pm
      I ran out of coke
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #150: Nov 28, 2007 10:47:31 pm
      umm, just realised that half the mistakes i thought were javier were actually arbeloa, therefore he might not have played as bad as i thought.

Doh
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #151: Nov 28, 2007 10:47:45 pm
      Eddie what are they putting in fants now? seems like all the food colourings are giving you a toddler LSD moment.....

We were pretty poor.....close to being a good performance with a few tweaks but it needs attention....

Listen a win was vital and with that I'm going to go down to my local and see if the yanks have fanta over here...thinks its going to Sunkist but hope its made of the same happy potion that you're drinking!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #152: Nov 28, 2007 10:49:10 pm
      I actually thought we played well for the majority of the game. There was a period from 10 mins before half time and for about 15-20 mins after, that we played pretty badly but never really looked under too much pressure. I've watched a few games under similar circumstances when I have been really nervous but tonight I always thought we would come good i the last 20 minutes.

Another point I'd make is that we never, ever get credit for winning while not playing as well as normal, but the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are always prasied when they still win while playing badly. It's then the signs of an excellent team according to the media!!
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #153: Nov 28, 2007 10:49:36 pm
      I have to say that Crouch is a super-sub.

Actually that was his first goal in 18 months or so(heard it on sky so not sure if its correct :p) after coming on as a sub...but he played really well tonight as did Kewell.
      Also,Stevie G equals(or betters,im not sure ?) Owen's record in europe.

Quaresma said before the game "I will make Liverpool cry" or something of the sort.Looks like he is the one who will be crying when Porto dont qualify :D.

In Rafa we trust...YNWA

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #154: Nov 28, 2007 10:50:39 pm
      Eddie what are they putting in fants now? seems like all the food colourings are giving you a toddler LSD moment.....

We were pretty poor.....close to being a good performance with a few tweaks but it needs attention....

Listen a win was vital and with that I'm going to go down to my local and see if the yanks have fanta over here...thinks its going to Sunkist but hope its made of the same happy potion that you're drinking!

We're drunk on the good performance and tremendous amounts of love for our legend of a manager!

(And copious amounts of lager for me! ;))
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #155: Nov 28, 2007 10:51:37 pm
      Really I don't understand some people on this forum at times.  I wonder what planet some of you live on.

We have just beat the 2004 European Champions who have not been beaten in their league or in Europe all season by FOUR goals to ONE - on an emotionally charged night in which the players probably thought they were playing for the future of their manager.

I bet you some of you were slashing your wrists after Istanbul because of our poor defensive performance in the first half.

:throw:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #156: Nov 28, 2007 10:53:54 pm
      Love it Kopite! The rafa support could be heard all the way over here in America so H and G are in no doubt....looked a fantastic night of flags and banners at Anfield......
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #157: Nov 28, 2007 10:54:06 pm
      Stevie's response when asked about the record:

'Who's Michael Owen?'

In the words of the old milk advert 'exactly'

:D
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #158: Nov 28, 2007 10:54:13 pm
      Really I don't understand some people on this forum at times.  I wonder what planet some of you live on.

We have just beat the 2004 European Champions who have not been beaten in their league or in Europe all season by FOUR goals to ONE - on an emotionally charged night in which the players probably thought they were playing for the future of their manager.

I bet you some of you were slashing your wrists after Istanbul because of our poor defensive performance in the first half.

Although there were some inconsistencies, one thing im delighted with is the fact that we are finally winning games without playing well... a feature of all teams that have one the prem in recent seasons. whereas we normally draw or concede late when playing poor we finally appear able to cause damage late in the game, just look at tonight, Fulham and even Besiktas
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #159: Nov 28, 2007 10:55:51 pm

:lmao:

Good man KK!

It was a brilliant night, brilliant performance, brilliant atmosphere and a F***ing excellent result!

I'm so much more optimistic about our away day in France! ;) Should kill them off good'o! ;D

Stevie's response when asked about the record:

'Who's Michael Owen?'

In the words of the old milk advert 'exactly'

:D

:lmao: I love it
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #160: Nov 28, 2007 10:58:53 pm
      Koolkidda? Hope that wasn't aimed at me! Read what I wrote...its an accurate opinion of the game.....

Yes the pressure was on the players to perform for the manager and for the chance of CL proggression but that doesn't mean that a performance can't be judged and therefore improved for the next fixture.....otherwise whats the point of turning up tomorrow morning for training!!!!! 'Take the week off lads and we'll meet up on the bus for the next game'.....

not putting a dampner on it just being realistic....also my heart took a beating untill the 78 minute!

Quick Reply