Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Forum Charity Night (14th June 2008)

Read 62663 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Charity Night?
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2008 08:04:53 pm
      Yeah I'll come up for the night, let us know when it is for definite so I can book some accommodation.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2008 08:35:35 pm
      Yeah I'll come up for the night, let us know when it is for definite so I can book some accommodation.

Nice one Eddie, I'll add you to the list  ;)  Will update on here when more information available  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #48: Jan 05, 2008 01:39:00 pm
      Have been to the Sandon this morning to make enquiries, the lady I need to see is not in until Monday, so I have completed an enquiry form in the pub and she will call me on Monday. Watch this space.......... ;) :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Jan 05, 2008 03:19:10 pm
      Nice one Smiggs, what was the room(s) like?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #50: Jan 05, 2008 06:02:40 pm
      Couldn't get in to see anything, the lady 'Louise' who I'm speaking to on Monday looks after everything so she's got the keys etc. 

The function rooms are separate from the pub by the looks of things though, they have got 3 of them.  One holds approx 150 ( which would be ideal for us) and the other 2 hold 250-300.  Will know better next week when I go back  ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #51: Jan 05, 2008 06:50:59 pm
      Have just emailed JD Sports, JJB Sports and the Liverpool Football Club Shop to see if we can 'cadge' anything Liverpool FC related for our fundraiser. 

I.e footie shirt, or football or something like that.  If they come across, I'll take it to the club and get it autographed  ;)

Any more ideas, feel free to post them guys  ;)

Edit:  Have also emailed Carlsberg to see if they can help  :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2008 06:58:23 pm by smigger15 »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #52: Jan 05, 2008 09:38:19 pm
      Have also emailed Carlsberg to see if they can help  :D

Carlsberg don't do charity nights...

(No, that's it, they don't do charity nights)

:D :D :D
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #53: Jan 06, 2008 09:18:30 am

Not arf lets rock!!!

I think I may be allowed out the centre that night so I would be up for a couple!....... tickets that is  ;)
      Not sure if thats a picture of me or Glenbuck, naaaa cant be me, there better looking.

Have just emailed JD Sports, JJB Sports and the Liverpool Football Club Shop to see if we can 'cadge' anything Liverpool FC related for our fundraiser. 

I.e footie shirt, or football or something like that.  If they come across, I'll take it to the club and get it autographed  ;)

Any more ideas, feel free to post them guys  ;)

Edit:  Have also emailed Carlsberg to see if they can help  :D

Well done Smigger, your working well.

A good friend of one of my lads sells Liverpool sporting memorabilia on E-Bay, if this night comes off, going to ask him for something, also he knows a lot of old Liverpool players, you never know we might get one or two down, we can only ask.

An other friend of mine prints tee shirts, and polo shirts, and is a good Liverpool fan, I'm sure he will print some shirts up for us at cost, we could have the Anfield online logo on one side and Zoe,s place on the other side.
      Let me know what you think.

I'm good for 12 or more tickets.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #54: Jan 06, 2008 09:35:34 am
      Sounds good Graham, as soon as we have got a confirmed venue and date we can get the ball rolling !!  Just putting a few feelers out at the moment and I'm gonna scrounge 'goodies' everywhere I go shopping now !! 

I'll probably have the same or more tickets, most of my friends and family will attend. 

So come on folks give us some ideas on possible numbers !!  ;) ;D 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #55: Jan 06, 2008 06:53:59 pm
      I've got a signed Michael Owen England shirt knocking around with a certificate.

Also, I saw The Sandon 'upstairs' on the news before.  Never been up there but looks a decent venue.  It was full of reds watching today's game - Ray Clemmo was in there - something to do with eOn wanting everyone to watch the same tele to 'save the planet' or some sh*t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #56: Jan 06, 2008 06:55:29 pm
      Also, I could probably 'wangle' one of those exclusive Anfield VIP Packages for two as displayed here.
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/store/unique-anfield-gift-experience.html
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #57: Jan 06, 2008 06:56:10 pm
      I'll be checking that out this week JD.  Hope Ray clemmo is still there when I visit !!  ;) :D :D

You must have some bloody good contacts JD  ;) :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #58: Jan 06, 2008 07:07:35 pm
      Also, I could probably 'wangle' one of those exclusive Anfield VIP Packages for two as displayed here.

Top Draw that JD.......that would be brilliant ;D

I'll be checking that out this week JD.  Hope Ray clemmo is still there when I visit !!  ;) :D :D

You must have some bloody good contacts JD  ;) :D

If he's around Smiggs, get him to sign something.......... like......how to win a football match!!!  ::) :lmao:
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #59: Jan 06, 2008 07:11:38 pm

Can you please put me down as a winner, please please JD. ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #60: Jan 06, 2008 11:21:04 pm
      It's ok upstairs in The Sandon.
      I took a look round before the Wigan match.

On the right, there is quite a big room with a bar through some other doors, and on the left hand side, they have opened a room with a conservatory styled roof.
      That room is quite a small room, say it will hold 60 - 70, and has a bottle bar.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #61: Jan 06, 2008 11:53:27 pm
      It's ok upstairs in The Sandon.
      I took a look round before the Wigan match.

On the right, there is quite a big room with a bar through some other doors, and on the left hand side, they have opened a room with a conservatory styled roof.
      That room is quite a small room, say it will hold 60 - 70, and has a bottle bar.

That sounds good Tommo, we'll see what Smiggs says after she's been to see the lady this week, ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #62: Jan 07, 2008 12:12:17 am
      I've got a signed Michael Owen England shirt knocking around with a certificate.

In fact I seem to have this item
      http://www.football-kit.org.uk/search.php?q=01-03+England+Michael+Owen+Signed+Shirt+&Submit=Search

And it's selling for £320! So - it could be worth a bit for the cause!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #63: Jan 07, 2008 12:15:52 am
      In fact I seem to have this item
      http://www.football-kit.org.uk/search.php?q=01-03+England+Michael+Owen+Signed+Shirt+&Submit=Search

And it's selling for £320! So - it could be worth a bit for the cause!

Bloody hell JD, that's not bad at all that.....where did you get that from?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #64: Jan 07, 2008 12:26:03 am
      Twas a gift.  It's under my stairs and all gathering dust.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #65: Jan 07, 2008 07:25:10 am
      I have had another idea,( my brain works best in morning time, but then goes down hill ).
      With some of the prizes that are coming in, maybe we could run two raffles.
      1st raffle we can get tickets printed up, let say with 3 good prizes on, then we could sell these to every one we know, also people who come on the web site can buy tickets.
      2nd raffle,also with some good prizes, these tickets would only be sold to the people who come to the charity night.
      Both raffles would be draw on the charity night, maybe try and get someone to draw them for us.

Its a idea we could kick around.
      What are your thoughts
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #66: Jan 07, 2008 10:28:44 am
      Well if that England shirt I've got is worth that much then we need to get as much as we can for it - otherwise I would be better putting it on eBay and donating the winnings from that.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2008 05:46:02 pm
      Update:  Louise from the Sandon rang me today, I've 'viewing' the room on Wednesday evening.  It has got a stage and our own toilets so we don't have to share with the rif-raf !!  ;) :D  Its called The Village and holds up to 150.  Sounds like we might get it for nothing as well, she is having a word with the Manager as we are having a Charity event for Zoe's Place.

Had a reply back from Liverpool Football Club, sounds like they're gonna give us something, they just need a letter from Zoe's Place to confirm that we are actually fundraising for them, so I've been in touch with ZP and they are sending me a letter so I'll approach other businesses with it as well  ;)

Also had an email back from Carlsberg basically telling me that they already sponsor a number of charities so naff off !!  tight b*stards !!

If this room is ok on Wednesday shall I book it then peeps ?  ;D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #68: Jan 07, 2008 06:59:33 pm
      Sounds like you've been busy there Vicky!

Quick Reply