Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)

Read 89826 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Re: Jude Bellingham (Dortmund)
      Reply #552: Jan 03, 2023 05:32:55 pm
      Jude Bellingham alone wont be enough to cure the woes of this midfield.

He won’t - he will be one key cog , I suspect there will be one more for the middle coming in , they will replace Ox and Milner. If Naby also goes then a replacement also for him but think it will be a minimum of 2
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #553: Jan 03, 2023 05:39:38 pm
      He won’t - he will be one key cog , I suspect there will be one more for the middle coming in , they will replace Ox and Milner. If Naby also goes then a replacement also for him but think it will be a minimum of 2

Midfield needs at least two signings and it's becoming increasingly obvious that one of those signings is needed this month.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #554: Jan 03, 2023 05:41:55 pm
      Midfield needs at least two signings and it's becoming increasingly obvious that one of those signings is needed this month.

I don’t think someone will arrive unless we free up a spot in the squad
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #555: Jan 03, 2023 05:48:02 pm
      I don’t think someone will arrive unless we free up a spot in the squad

The reality is that Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner are all in the squad.
      Frees up a lot in the Summer. Probably 3 places.
      Big issue is that two of them should have been moved on and replaced already.
      An Oil club wouldn't have the issue. Just bring in the player and leave out the deadwood.

That's life. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to watch the midfield have no control or energy this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #556: Jan 03, 2023 05:53:29 pm
      The reality is that Ox, Keita, Jones, Milner are all in the squad.
      Frees up a lot in the Summer. Probably 3 places.
      Big issue is that two of them should have been moved on and replaced already.
      An Oil club wouldn't have the issue. Just bring in the player and leave out the deadwood.

That's life. Doesn't make it any less frustrating to watch the midfield have no control or energy this season.

Yes I suspect they should have moved on but it’s hard when not many clubs are looking to spend money on them , the non HG spots are the issue

We could leave out Adrian if there is someone they could bring in

There is one other - Arthur Melo , I know people have dismissed him already but he is a player , he can be very good if he can get fit in the next 3/4 weeks which they have reported could happen

I know he was a loan deal so straight people look down on him but his ability on the ball is very good and could bring some control

Also hoping that Naby can give something back to the club for his last few months.

Not sure what Jones has done wrong for some , he played well last season in a lot of the games he came in and was developing nicely , injuries this season have set him back but there is a player there who can develop more
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #557: Jan 03, 2023 06:03:06 pm
      Yes I suspect they should have moved on but it’s hard when not many clubs are looking to spend money on them , the non HG spots are the issue

We could leave out Adrian if there is someone they could bring in

There is one other - Arthur Melo , I know people have dismissed him already but he is a player , he can be very good if he can get fit in the next 3/4 weeks which they have reported could happen

I know he was a loan deal so straight people look down on him but his ability on the ball is very good and could bring some control

Also hoping that Naby can give something back to the club for his last few months.

Not sure what Jones has done wrong for some , he played well last season in a lot of the games he came in and was developing nicely , injuries this season have set him back but there is a player there who can develop more

Jones is just there because he's a midfielder and it would appear he's injury prone.
      What we need is another midfielder who can play 30+ games a season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #558: Jan 03, 2023 06:08:02 pm
      Jones is just there because he's a midfielder and it would appear he's injury prone.
      What we need is another midfielder who can play 30+ games a season.

I’m hoping the talk about Amrabat has some substance behind it because he seems to have the legs and stamina that we need to increase the press
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #559: Jan 03, 2023 06:12:36 pm
      I’m hoping the talk about Amrabat has some substance behind it because he seems to have the legs and stamina that we need to increase the press

That's the link I was hoping was legit.
      Imagine him beside Fabinho.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #560: Jan 03, 2023 06:25:27 pm
      That's the link I was hoping was legit.
      Imagine him beside Fabinho.

He would be very good - provide the legs needed and then could also sit in for Fabinho
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #561: Jan 03, 2023 06:27:04 pm
      He would be very good - provide the legs needed and then could also sit in for Fabinho

Who knows if Fab is part of long term plans or not because if.he doesn't get back some energy he has been as poor as anyone
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,200 posts | 3478 
      Reply #562: Jan 03, 2023 06:41:53 pm
      Who knows if Fab is part of long term plans or not because if.he doesn't get back some energy he has been as poor as anyone

Fabinho has looked like he has started to get back his energy since the World Cup
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #563: Jan 03, 2023 07:08:49 pm
      No but it should kickstart a re build , it surely can’t just be the fans who saw the midfield losing power .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #564: Jan 03, 2023 07:17:51 pm

We need more defensive minded midfielders in the mould of Fabinho to strength that midfield.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,217 posts | 1106 
      Reply #565: Jan 03, 2023 08:04:12 pm
      No one disputes Judes talent. If we got him it would be amazing, but I just wonder if All that money could be better suited on 2 or 3 midfielders. We don't a new body in the middle of the park, we need a NEW middle of the park. Not saying Fab or Thiago won't be starters next season, just saying it would be nice to upgrade on all our midfielders
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #566: Jan 03, 2023 09:18:19 pm
      We need more defensive minded midfielders in the mould of Fabinho to strength that midfield.

Exactly.
      Someone like Amrabat, based purely on his WC performance,
      should be a priority.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #567: Jan 04, 2023 01:47:27 pm

I want a genuine replacement for Gini.  We need someone willing to do the hard running, make intelligent movements, press like he'll, and never turn the ball over.  Find that player and we will look a different side overnight. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #568: Jan 04, 2023 01:50:54 pm
      I want a genuine replacement for Gini.  We need someone willing to do the hard running, make intelligent movements, press like he'll, and never turn the ball over.  Find that player and we will look a different side overnight. 

Jude Bellingham

We should push in all our chips for this kid. If he has the possibility (I believe he does) to be the next Gerrard there should be no hesitation.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #569: Jan 04, 2023 02:33:44 pm
      Jude Bellingham

We should push in all our chips for this kid. If he has the possibility (I believe he does) to be the next Gerrard there should be no hesitation.

I'm getting bored of the Bellingham sh*t now and the endless comparisons with Gerrard.

We need more Mascherano's and Hamann's right now.
      rossyred

• 9,311 posts | 1671 
      Reply #570: Jan 04, 2023 03:01:38 pm

We really won't look like a different side overnight with one signing who had a particular skill set but almost redundant in others . The sides failings does not just come down to one missing player
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #571: Jan 05, 2023 11:50:37 am
      Exactly.
      Someone like Amrabat, based purely on his WC performance,
      should be a priority.

Agree with you lads on Amrabat.

Also, and I know I've been hanging this drum all season, we need to revert to a 2 1 in midfield.

The squad, especially the profile of forwards we have now with Diaz and Nunez, is more suited to a 4 2 3 1, or 4 2 1 3 than the traditional 4 3 3 we've been playing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #572: Jan 05, 2023 04:31:23 pm
      Agree with you lads on Amrabat.

Also, and I know I've been hanging this drum all season, we need to revert to a 2 1 in midfield.

The squad, especially the profile of forwards we have now with Diaz and Nunez, is more suited to a 4 2 3 1, or 4 2 1 3 than the traditional 4 3 3 we've been playing.

I think Amrabat is getting a lot of kudos for just running around a lot. He seemed to become less noticeable in the final games and to be honest, I'm not really that sure he'd function well in the Premier League.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #573: Jan 05, 2023 10:10:40 pm
      Barrella and caicadoe midfield sorted
      Prime
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts | 12 
      Reply #574: Jan 06, 2023 08:41:07 pm
      No one disputes Judes talent. If we got him it would be amazing, but I just wonder if All that money could be better suited on 2 or 3 midfielders. We don't a new body in the middle of the park, we need a NEW middle of the park. Not saying Fab or Thiago won't be starters next season, just saying it would be nice to upgrade on all our midfielders
      Exactly my thought. If you’re City and money is no object, then you can buy Bellingham and whoever else you want. But if your club has some limitations, spending so much on one player is not smart. You have to find value. 2 or 3 solid midfielders will be a bigger benefit compared to only getting Bellingham.

Quick Reply