Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21049 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Nov 07, 2021 06:57:42 pm
      This team's problem is Klopp. He plays a crap system that makes midfield and defense look bad. We play too high. We need to start playing more like Chelsea with some periods of hard core pressing, say 10min. each half. Quote from Zouma: The way Liverpool play, we knew as soon as we get the ball back they're open. Klopp is a brainless rabbit without Buvac.

what ever medication you are on keep taking it in fact up the dosage. Where was Buvac when we won the CL or when we won the EPL for the first time in 30 years. In fact are you actually Buvac
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #599: Nov 07, 2021 06:58:29 pm
      This team's problem is Klopp. He plays a crap system that makes midfield and defense look bad. We play too high. We need to start playing more like Chelsea with some periods of hard core pressing, say 10min. each half. Quote from Zouma: The way Liverpool play, we knew as soon as we get the ball back they're open. Klopp is a brainless rabbit without Buvac.

You can piss off with that Buvac sh*te.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #600: Nov 07, 2021 06:59:04 pm
      22 points from 11 games. Too ain't winning the league with that return
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #601: Nov 07, 2021 06:59:20 pm

Speaking of brainless rabbits ...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #602: Nov 07, 2021 06:59:38 pm
      Some crazy sh*t on here tonight 4 points of the top qualified for the CL last 16 after 4 straight wins and all of a sudden Jürgen is a moron and we will win F**k all
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #603: Nov 07, 2021 07:00:05 pm
      Speaking of brainless rabbits ...

cant believe this sh*t mate
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 684 posts | 91 
      Reply #604: Nov 07, 2021 07:00:11 pm
      £100 million?

Who do you want to sell to fund him?

Mane, Salah, Trent?
      I know you're right but I think under FFP we're OK and we're due one marquee signing from FSG. Put it this way if City, Chelsea or Utd get him it moves the bar dramatically.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #605: Nov 07, 2021 07:03:22 pm

Shut up you meff. We had the best defence in the league two seasons on the bounce after Buvac left
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #606: Nov 07, 2021 07:03:26 pm
      Robbo, Ox Allison were awful Hendo hardly played a positive ball ant the rest were just stationary nothing good going towards the forwards, awful performance from everyone, dogshit of a game
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #607: Nov 07, 2021 07:07:02 pm
      Imho we are short midfield options in the squad, and FSG were a disgrace in the summer not sanctioning some spending - but thats for another day/thread, and also don't think that was why we lost today. We still had Fab/Hendo starting and for some reason didn't start Thiago, tho we could have.
      We dismantled Manure.

WH are a strong side and have put a LOT of practice into set pieces. They target the keeper, get guys in and around him to block him off. Whats frustrating is that we knew exactly what was coming and just didn't fecking deal with it. Looked like every time they had a corner they might score. Ally to me looked like he'd watched the videos and was nervous from the off.

We do have problems breaking teams down. Was good to see Origi come on today and make a difference, he can be a more direct option, get more people in the box.
      But when you score two goals and still loose, need to look down the other end imho.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #608: Nov 07, 2021 07:07:22 pm
      I have no problem with a defeat, my problem is the manner of the defeat. Apart from 2 or 3 players today nobody was showing any real intention of winning anything. Virgil was left all alone by his fellow defenders but also from his midfield cover almost all game (the only midfielder with an okay game in that midfield was Henderson). Alisson had an absolute stinker. Salah and Mane both walking around with no aim.

Absolutely no directness to our game. How many times in a game can you sprint down the flank and then stop and pass it back 20 yards. At least cross a couple of those for god's sake or take it further.

As soon as we conceded the early goal I knew the best we could hope was a draw. I'm not talking in terms of points or even the quality of the squad  but one thing I noticed since the beginning of the season is that despite the fact this is the first loss we are not showing any type of spirit associated with winning a tittle. Every time we go down you automatically know its a draw at best. No spirit, no fight, no belief. Even when we are up and concede an equalizer you can feel that it might be too much. Apart from the Chelsea game, I can't remember a league game where we went down or conceded an equalizer and ended up winning. As long as the opposition is dogged and can put us on the ropes you can feel it while watching that we'll throw in the towel and settle for a draw at best.

I also have an issue with how we create our chances when teams are parking it in front of their box. We scored from a free-kick and an individual effort from Origi. We sit in front of the opposition's box and pass it around with no aim. You'd think we are waiting for some space to be opened, for one of the forwards to pull a defender or anything but no, nothing happens until the ball is predictably sent to Robertson who passes it back to Mane who gives it to Fabinho who sends it back to the centre halves. Rinse and repeat until you get caught and you're suddenly defending a 3 on 2 with Virgil or Alisson saving the day. What is the plan when teams predictably sit back after equalizing or going up against us? I don't see one. I don't even see us trying to pop one or two from outside the box at least in order to shake things up and force those midfielders to move a bit toward our ball carrier. If our full-backs are our main creative weapons and we know that most of the time we'll get to face teams content with sitting in 3 low and compact block then F**k it play Origi or go and buy somebody capable of giving actual sense to crosses in that context. You can see the full-backs are wanting to cross but all they see is a box full of tall defenders and little shapes in between in the form of Mane, Salah and Jota (and no the headers those 3 scores are not the same type of headers you need when the forwards and opposition's backline is static and waiting with the face towards the ball).

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Okay I understand he's coming back to play from another long period out and that we don't necessarily know what are the instructions he is receiving but what is this guy's bread and butter if it isn't running with the ball at feet through the centre and half spaces and shooting? The former he only does two or three times a game despite it being visibly better than whatever we are doing the rest of the game and the latter he attempts once or twice every two games or so.

Fabinho. One of the few players the team's form depends on. If he plays bad we play bad. The reality is that this season he has mostly played very average games and you can see that it's hurting us. Let down his backline many times today with and without the ball.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #609: Nov 07, 2021 07:07:30 pm
      I know you're right but I think under FFP we're OK and we're due one marquee signing from FSG. Put it this way if City, Chelsea or Utd get him it moves the bar dramatically.

Mate we can only make a marquee £100 million signing if we sell a player for mega bucks.

If not it will be one £40 mill signing per season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3493 
      Reply #610: Nov 07, 2021 07:09:07 pm
      22 points from 11 games. Too ain't winning the league with that return
      So what return will be when you consider that City are on 23 and Chelsea 26 🤦‍♂️
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #611: Nov 07, 2021 07:10:26 pm
      Said the last time I was on the forum that the Atletico Madrid game would suit our midfielders a lot more than the West Ham game where it was obvious it would be a tough battle and we would really have to roll our sleeves up.

Thought Ox was sh*te once again but to be fair fabinho and henderson weren't much better. Fabinho still doesn’t look fully fit to me and Hendo has a history of struggling against teams who drop deep and leave little space. It was just a terrible midfield performance again and we’re slowly starting to see the gap that Gini has left.

That said, it was just a sh*te performance all round. Don’t know what’s happened to robertson but my eleven year old son can cross a ball better than him nowadays. Joel and Virgil were all over place which was very unlike them and Trent got caught out several times too.

Neither Jota or Salah could get into the game and mane blew two huge chances and crucial times too. One of those would have put us in the lead and the other would have salvaged a point. Very disappointing.

One thing I disagree with what most people are saying is the criticism of Alison. I accept he could (and should) have done better for all three goals but none of them were actually his fault.

For their first, why are we allowing their man to stand on Ali alone? It was shocking defending. One of matip, VVD or Fabinho should have been in between their man and Ali to give him some protection and it’s literally something you’re taught from the age of about 6. I couldn’t believe it and I can’t believe carragher hasn’t said anything about it post match.

For their second, they were clear through on goal because of our awful defending and had a free shot on Ali. Yes Ali could have saved it but once they were through I’m sure we were all expecting them to score?  It’s a bit like when a team has a penalty and the keeper gets a hand on it and then people say ‘he should have saved it’. Should he? Or should we just F***ing protect him in the first place?

And then their third was a copy of their first more or less. Again Ali was blocked off and we didn’t have a man to protect him, mane didn’t go with his runner and then zouma had a free header from a yard out.

It was just piss poor defending and as I said, yeah Ali could have done better for all three because he’s a world class goalie, but the defending by some of our lads today was F***ing school boy and that’s being kind to them.

Usually I hate the international break but for once I think it’s come at the right time for us. Two poor performances there and we need to regroup. I’m expecting a big reaction now and to blow Arsenal away in two weeks time. I hope to god the club are looking at bringing in a player or two in January because it’s desperately needed. These make shift midfields aren’t going to win a title I’m afraid.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #612: Nov 07, 2021 07:10:34 pm
      Some crazy sh*t on here tonight 4 points of the top qualified for the CL last 16 after 4 straight wins and all of a sudden Jürgen is a moron and we will win f**k all

Yeah, through to the knockout stage in the CL, and months to go in the PL. And still in the league cup.

Disappointing result today, but won't be handing Jürgen his marching orders just yet  :)
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #613: Nov 07, 2021 07:12:21 pm
      If we offered Gini what he was worth & what he bought to the team then he would be starting today..

But some try to spin it as a greedy player who moved for the money only…

Anyway…

He would have started 90% of the games just like he did in his 5 years with us. I’m not against freshening up the squad and something had to give given our aging midfield…

Wijnaldum gave his all and the best years of his career to Liverpool. Sad to spin it as a greedy player who moved for the money when all he wanted was a contract and salary in line with his contributions to the club for half a decade. Just like anyone else would have wanted and rightly deserved to be fair.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 83 
      Reply #614: Nov 07, 2021 07:17:44 pm
      what ever medication you are on keep taking it in fact up the dosage. Where was Buvac when we won the CL or when we won the EPL for the first time in 30 years. In fact are you actually Buvac

Klopp could still profit some time from Buvac after he left, but the last two years show that Klopp needs a pro tactician on his side. This team could be more successful when they'd play deeper, kind of like Chelsea. It hurts to see this team underachieving.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #615: Nov 07, 2021 07:18:14 pm
      As long as I have a hole in my arse Ox ain't good enough to play a full game, last year not replacing Lovren cost us last year, this year it's Gini when will FSG learn
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #616: Nov 07, 2021 07:18:51 pm
      He would have started 90% of the games just like he did in his 5 years with us. I’m not against freshening up the squad and something had to give given our aging midfield…

Wijnaldum gave his all and the best years of his career to Liverpool. Sad to spin it as a greedy player who moved for the money when all he wanted was a contract and salary in line with his contributions to the club for half a decade. Just like anyone else would have wanted and rightly deserved to be fair.

Maybe we should
      Look
      At a loan option in January if he’s not getting much minutes at PSG ☺️
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #617: Nov 07, 2021 07:19:07 pm
      Who the F**k has give Trent MotM?

If you're choosing him as your man of the match then you haven't got a clue. Free kick aside, he was the worst player on the pitch, closely followed by Robbo.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #618: Nov 07, 2021 07:21:21 pm
      See a fair bit of criticism for Hendo. Some for Fab.

These guys are having to play every game they possibly can because FSG let Gini and Shaq go in the summer and we didn't bring in one single F***ing midfielder to freshen things up.

Tell you what, if either Fab or Hendo, or both get injured, it'll be proper carnage and we'll REALLY have something to complain about then.

100mill for Rice. Pie in the sky. We spend NOTHING in the middle in the summer. NOTHING.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #619: Nov 07, 2021 07:22:14 pm
      We were poor and losing is alwsys horrible but lads this is a proper season, everyone will drop points.

They are a solid team. Were 4 points off too. Thats nothing with 27 games left.

If were 4 to 8 points in it coming up to Christmas were well in it.

Some people lose the plot with a loss, calm it down and come back to the real world
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #620: Nov 07, 2021 07:22:28 pm
      For what it’s worth I thought West Ham were excellent and thoroughly deserved the win.
      We didn’t do enough.

Mane and Allison were very below par. Salah couldn’t get involved and jota ran around a lot but couldn’t penetrate enough in the final third.

Good that Thiago got so minutes and pleased origi scored.

Otherwise we just move on to our next game.
      What’s good is, despite this result and our mediocre performances in quite a few games, we are still in a decent position. We need to improve but we can. We have the players to go up a few gears yet.

So I’m still optimistic.

Quick Reply